CAMEROON'S GAME LIVE AGAIN ON British EUROSPORTS-SAT 4PM

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

walesvilla
Egg
Egg
CAMEROON'S GAME LIVE AGAIN ON British EUROSPORTS-SAT 4PM

Post by walesvilla »

Again this year,

wetin Nigeria do them now, them no dey cover our games at home; only in nation cups and wc;
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: CAMEROON'S GAME LIVE AGAIN ON British EUROSPORTS-SAT 4PM

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

walesvilla wrote:Again this year,

wetin Nigeria do them now, them no dey cover our games at home; only in nation cups and wc;
Cameroon are playing a lot more entertaining football than Nigeria. As a journo myself, if I were to make the professional decision, I would opt for Cameroon ahead of Nigeria nine times out of 10.

I did not see the game but I have read match reports indicating that the 3-0 win in Kigali was a delight to watch. In Egypt 06, was Cameroon not the most entertaining team?

Watch Cameroon turn on the samba and give us a masterclass while Eguavoen is still fumbling with his kick and follow stuff. Until we appoint a coach who can get us playing decent football, I would advice Eurosports to shun Nigeria.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Not on that Tomato growing pitch (are they playing entertaining footie); i mean did u see that ground against Egy in the wc qualifiers it was shocking!! i take that to be their national stadium;
Abayomi
Egg
Egg

Post by Abayomi »

I feel sadened by the fact that Cameroun seems to supplant us everytime and we seem to be playing catch up with them. Forgive me my patriotism why can't we play entertaining soccer like them. With all the investments we have and good statdia all around? I wonder where Cameroonian even practice . How come they play free flowing soccer and we can't. I have seen pics of the best pitches in that country . Even a primaryy school pitch in Naija is far better. I just fell bad.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Abayomi wrote:I feel sadened by the fact that Cameroun seems to supplant us everytime and we seem to be playing catch up with them. Forgive me my patriotism why can't we play entertaining soccer like them. With all the investments we have and good statdia all around? I wonder where Cameroonian even practice . How come they play free flowing soccer and we can't. I have seen pics of the best pitches in that country . Even a primaryy school pitch in Naija is far better. I just fell bad.
They have a good coach!
mouko
Egg
Egg

Post by mouko »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Cameroon are playing a lot more entertaining football than Nigeria. As a journo myself, if I were to make the professional decision, I would opt for Cameroon ahead of Nigeria nine times out of 10.

I did not see the game but I have read match reports indicating that the 3-0 win in Kigali was a delight to watch. In Egypt 06, was Cameroon not the most entertaining team?

Watch Cameroon turn on the samba and give us a masterclass while Eguavoen is still fumbling with his kick and follow stuff. Until we appoint a coach who can get us playing decent football, I would advice Eurosports to shun Nigeria.
I never thought I would live to hear this......
Anyway are you saying they would carry Cameroon vs E.Guinea? Na waoo!!! dem lack thing to show?
If Sex and Money can't do it, Forget About It.
01.06.1955 Ghana 7-0 Nigeria International @Kwabena
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

mouko wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Anyway are you saying they would carry Cameroon vs E.Guinea? Na waoo!!! dem lack thing to show?
Despite not winning, Cameroon has been playing some brilliant stuff over the last few years. Some of the best football I have watched over the last year, includes:

Ivory Coast vs Cameroon
Cameroon vs DR Congo
Cameroon vs Holland

I understand your boys were also brilliant against Rwanda. I cannot remember the last time Nigeria passed the ball that beautifully.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

mouko wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Despite not winning, Cameroon has been playing some brilliant stuff over the last few years. Some of the best football I have watched over the last year, includes:

Ivory Coast vs Cameroon
Cameroon vs DR Congo
Cameroon vs Holland

I understand your boys were also brilliant against Rwanda. I cannot remember the last time Nigeria passed the ball that beautifully.
Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mister Dolly »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
mouko wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Ivory Coast vs Cameroon
Cameroon vs DR Congo
Cameroon vs Holland

Ayo...do you need help getting a Cameroonian passport..haba..this your sudden shrining of Cameroon get as e be... :shock: just because they just appointed a new coach...

I suppose it will all end the day Nigeria appoints a FC.. :lol:
Last edited by Mister Dolly on Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Because of Jesus, it's a glorious life...."
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Mister Dolly wrote:
Ayo...do you need help getting a Camerooninan passport..haba..this your sudden shrining of Cameroon get as e be... :shock: just because they just appointed a new coach...

I suppose it will all end the day Nigeria appoints a FC.. :lol:
Which of the two teams strikes you as being better? Compare the way they pass with our kick and rush nonsense.
ithinkicanbeatmiketyson
Egg
Egg

Post by ithinkicanbeatmiketyson »

Abayomi wrote:. How come they play free flowing soccer and we can't.
This is RUBBISH! Did you see Nigeria vs Tunisia at the last ANC? Nigeria has a very exciting team at the moment and by the way we are also the top ranked african nation. However I agree Cameroon plays good soccer as well. Their world cup qualifier match aganst Ivorycoast in 2005 was one of the matches of the year imo. I dont blame Eurosport for covering them
my style is impetuous my defence is impregnable and i'm just ferocious
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Wait o you want Eurosport to show that pitiful Black & White 50s type video quality crap captured and televised by the NTA?

Or you want them to take their own cameras to Nigeria? How many people will they have to bribe? With all the bribes they will have to pay every step of the way towards the stadium, will they even be able to set up their cameras in time for kick-off?

Cameroon may have clay pitches but it is a far safer and more organised country than Nigeria and a safer bet to arrange televised games with.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Orion wrote:

Wait o you want Eurosport to show that pitiful Black & White 50s type video quality crap captured and televised by the NTA?

Or you want them to take their own cameras to Nigeria? How many people will they have to bribe? With all the bribes they will have to pay every step of the way towards the stadium, will they even be able to set up their cameras in time for kick-off?

Cameroon may have clay pitches but it is a far safer and more organised country than Nigeria and a safer bet to arrange televised games with.
Eurosports will never relay videos shot by other companies. They always send their own cameras to games, as they did in Abidjan and in Yaounde.

By the way, they have been to Nigeria several times to film Enyimba. Nigeria 99 and the 2000 ANC were also broadcast by Eurosports directly from Nigeria.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Orion wrote:

Eurosports will never relay videos shot by other companies. They always send their own cameras to games, as they did in Abidjan and in Yaounde.

By the way, they have been to Nigeria several times to film Enyimba. Nigeria 99 and the 2000 ANC were also broadcast by Eurosports directly from Nigeria.
Well we can guess why they're not so keen to rush there and televise our games as they do with Cameroon :wink:
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

Can some of you folks in the UK torrent the game for us in Yankee. Thanks.
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Nigerian soccer is more entertaining during the world cup in 2002 we were one of the most entertaining teams although we did not advance futher, it's just in recent times that our standards have declined due to us taking games more seriously, Nigeria produces a ton of good players but they don't have the opportunity to work together and produce magnificent football simply because of players that don't get frequent spots and so on :D
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
12LION
Egg
Egg

Post by 12LION »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Ayo,
Brother you are so predictable. I knew you will figure out a way to make this a FC versus LC thread. :lol: :lol: :lol:

NFA, please hire a FC already make Ayo rest, we di beg oh :lol: :lol: :lol:
PEACE!!!
12lion

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Unless the agenda is the "entertainment" value of poking fun at Cameroun's beach-themed football stadia (my apologies to brothers Mblack, Muoko, Bemendaboy, et al), this has got to constitute one of the DUMBEST decisions in the history of televising football games. Competitively, Cameroun at home against Equatorial Guinea shapes up as a rather one-sided washout, and while the Nigeria v Lesotho game does not hold out much more in terms of a competitive spectacle, it nonetheless assures a geometrically greater viewing audience. In fact, when one factors in that, in addition to the massive UK-based Nigerian population, Eurosports is also available in Nigeria via cable and satelitte systems, the producer who made this telecast choice should be pink-slipped. This is about as dumb as dumb gets!
<
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I did not see the game but I have read match reports indicating that the 3-0 win in Kigali was a delight to watch.
Classic Ayo...:lol: :lol: :lol:
<
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

C'mon now bro. It can't be Nigeria all the time. :D

Anyways, me think Algeria vs Gambia will be better than the aforementioned matches! :P

Just kidding
Gotti wrote:Unless the agenda is the "entertainment" value of poking fun at Cameroun's beach-themed football stadia (my apologies to brothers Mblack, Muoko, Bemendaboy, et al), this has got to constitute one of the DUMBEST decisions in the history of televising football games. Competitively, Cameroun at home against Equatorial Guinea shapes up as a rather one-sided washout, and while the Nigeria v Lesotho game does not hold out much more in terms of a competitive spectacle, it nonetheless assures a geometrically greater viewing audience. In fact, when one factors in that, in addition to the massive UK-based Nigerian population, Eurosports is also available in Nigeria via cable and satelitte systems, the producer who made this telecast choice should be pink-slipped. This is about as dumb as dumb gets!
<
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Gotti wrote:Unless the agenda is the "entertainment" value of poking fun at Cameroun's beach-themed football stadia (my apologies to brothers Mblack, Muoko, Bemendaboy, et al), this has got to constitute one of the DUMBEST decisions in the history of televising football games. Competitively, Cameroun at home against Equatorial Guinea shapes up as a rather one-sided washout, and while the Nigeria v Lesotho game does not hold out much more in terms of a competitive spectacle, it nonetheless assures a geometrically greater viewing audience. In fact, when one factors in that, in addition to the massive UK-based Nigerian population, Eurosports is also available in Nigeria via cable and satelitte systems, the producer who made this telecast choice should be pink-slipped. This is about as dumb as dumb gets!
<
Do you think Nigerian football fans want to watch crap football. I would rather watch Cameroon's entertaining, free-flowing and productive football. Nigeria labours to score goals, while Cameroon find the back of the net with ease.

In terms of vaue for money, it is clear which team offers you more. I am surprised Eurosports has not suspended televising Nigerian games until they get a coach who can get them playing decent football takes over.
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

I will go a different route from most of you guys here. I think it all comes to Marketing and which FA has been marketing their teams. I think Puma also has a hand in this as they will love to see one of their product on display throughout European tv screens. Besides the attractive football which you guys mentioned (Thanks for the compliment), I think Iya Mohammed has been doing a good job so far handling our sponsorship deals as well as marketing aspects of the ILS.

I think Nigeria too can get on the air if all the above are met. Does anybody here know the details of Nigeria's sponsorship deal with Adidas?

Gotti, this is no dumb decision by Eurosports. Besides this is not the first Cameroon game they have been airing. Ask your FA why they cannot market the SE to some of these top TV stations so your games too can be aired? Teams like CIV and Egypt have had their games aired too on Eurosports, so why can't Nigeria?
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009
YoungLion
Egg
Egg

Post by YoungLion »

walesvilla wrote:Not on that Tomato growing pitch (are they playing entertaining footie); i mean did u see that ground against Egy in the wc qualifiers it was shocking!! i take that to be their national stadium;
Some of our cousins in Brasil are playing in worse conditions in favelas...so what's your point? Anything to discredit what your brothers are doing :lol: :lol:
The indomitable Lions of Cameroon.