AGBONLAHOR SHOULD NEVER BE INVITED TO SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kongi the emir
AGBONLAHOR SHOULD NEVER BE INVITED TO SE

Post by kongi the emir »

C'mon guys we need to set standards here. The dude has never in his life stepped foot on naija soil infact he's never even flown over naija. Are we that desperate that we have to beg people just cos they play in England?? Truth be told we have enough strikers on the book to last the next 2 wc so what do we need him for?? How will he comunicate with the players and what about his diet?? What next?? Will the team dinner be changed to fish and chips to accommodate him??

For once lets stop begging and actually do something about developing our own talent. The boy IS NOT NAIJA let England have him cos he is theirs and they developed him. You cannot reap where you didnt sow.
Wakeupandsmellreturns
Egg
Egg

Post by Wakeupandsmellreturns »

Kongi, I agree that this boy is not Nigerian - his parents are. But as for the language of communication, of course he;'ll use English! :shock:
strongpikin
Egg
Egg

Post by strongpikin »

I don;t even know why you guys were rushing like Russians over the guy!
What do you need him for Even that Okaka Chuka guy in Roma., what do you need him for? Come di make dem di high up for nothing!

I think you guys were just itching for some rejection!!!
ZERO TOLERANCE FOR NIGGAS IN LIPSTICK!!!!!
senator
Egg
Egg

Post by senator »

SPOT ON SPOT ON!!!!
''Watching United today was like watching your woman with another man. They were where we should have been, doing exactly what we should have been doing, and deep inside you know they were doing it better than we ever have.'' __Arsenal Fan after watching Man Utd defeat Roma 7-1 10/04/07

mouko wrote:
''Going by this list Nigeria would survive if they can score more than they would concede.''
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AGBONLAHOR SHOULD NEVER BE INVITED TO SE

Post by GUEST »

kongi the emir wrote:C'mon guys we need to set standards here. The dude has never in his life stepped foot on naija soil infact he's never even flown over naija. Are we that desperate that we have to beg people just cos they play in England?? Truth be told we have enough strikers on the book to last the next 2 wc so what do we need him for?? How will he comunicate with the players and what about his diet?? What next?? Will the team dinner be changed to fish and chips to accommodate him??

For once lets stop begging and actually do something about developing our own talent. The boy IS NOT NAIJA let England have him cos he is theirs and they developed him. You cannot reap where you didnt sow.

Demn Kongi--I bowed.
Paul moorcroft
Egg
Egg

Post by Paul moorcroft »

I personally hope he plays for England because I think he is much more talented than either Aaron Lennon or Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Wether he plays for England or Nigeria, I think Agbonlahor will go on to be as good a winger as any in the world.
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

He's a very good winger.
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I totally agree with yall but Abgonlahor is no ordinary player that plays in england he's got a bright future no matter what path he decides to take, his gameplay is excellent he's fast and ambitious, he anticipates every ball and he's got some good skills on the wing, he's striking is also metticulous :P
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

mastermind wrote:He's a very good winger.
and he's not even a natural winger nor playing his best position.

--------------------------------------------
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Paul moorcroft wrote:I personally hope he plays for England because I think he is much more talented than either Aaron Lennon or Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Wether he plays for England or Nigeria, I think Agbonlahor will go on to be as good a winger as any in the world.
..I disagree with that....SWR has proven to be more deadly..
Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Wakeupandsmellreturns wrote:Kongi, I agree that this boy is not Nigerian - his parents are. But as for the language of communication, of course he;'ll use English! :shock:
His parents are Nigerian and he is not? wow!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

paj wrote:
Paul moorcroft wrote:I personally hope he plays for England because I think he is much more talented than either Aaron Lennon or Shaun Wright-Phillips.

..I disagree with that....SWR has proven to be more deadly..
Pa
Deadly to what? The Chelsea Carpentars? The boy has been chopping serious wood at Chelsea, he's so lost his way its not even funny!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Going for established players yields a high failure rate. Get them as juniors when no one's giving them all the attention.

The Turks for the period of their success leading to Wc'02 did that to their German based players - they got to them early hence had their minds made up.
Naijas are operating like the Poles who see established players elsewhere before going Oh the ancestery of player x might be good for us.

The NFA ought to have a desk in most of our embassies worldwide with people scouting for Naija blooded kids - support them early and it might be a good look later for the SE.

The groundwork is a must - given that we've got Naijas all over. Fact's a corrupt institution cannot be forward looking.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
kanulondon
Egg
Egg

Post by kanulondon »

You guys should all sharrap

Just becuase he hasn't set foot in Naija we should disown him?

Do you know of his family circumstances or background?

If he wants to play for his fatherland we should welcome him with open arms..

Welcome home my boy.....
"His fame rested on solid personal achievements...."
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

What if he was a white or latino nigerian? Any person, regardless of race, religion or creed that meets the requirement of and is a nigerian citizen should be able to play for his country. No exceptions. What has happened to Agbonlahor is an honour (we're not begging him), but it's up to him to chose who he wants to play for. As a nigerian, he may choose to or not play for Nigeria, that is his right as a free citizen.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Ilerika
Egg
Egg

Post by Ilerika »

[quote="kongi the emir"] What next?? Will the team dinner be changed to fish and chips to accommodate him??
quote]

Our boys like fish and chips too
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

kongi the emir wrote:C'mon guys we need to set standards here. The dude has never in his life stepped foot on naija soil infact he's never even flown over naija. Are we that desperate that we have to beg people just cos they play in England?? Truth be told we have enough strikers on the book to last the next 2 wc so what do we need him for?? How will he comunicate with the players and what about his diet?? What next?? Will the team dinner be changed to fish and chips to accommodate him??

Don't worry Agbonlahor don't even want to play for that disorganized team anyway.
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

strongpikin wrote:I don;t even know why you guys were rushing like Russians over the guy!
What do you need him for Even that Okaka Chuka guy in Roma., what do you need him for? Come di make dem di high up for nothing!

Because Nigeria like to reap where they did not sow; likes ready made anything, and abuse them on the long run. There is nothing like cultivation in Nigeria's dictionary. That is why they are crying of hunger in a land so fertile if you stand too long in a spot, you start sprouting roots. That's Naija, Gidi for you.
Nnunu what do you say?
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

2 words. Reuben Agbola
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Remember people, this kid heard rumours via the internet & elsewhere that he'll be invited to the SE camp - he never actually got approached.

An NFA with good people running it would've had the SE coach speak to him way before speculation got in the mix.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Al B Sure
Egg
Egg

Post by Al B Sure »

Nothing more to add.
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

strongpikin wrote:I don;t even know why you guys were rushing like Russians over the guy!

:evil: :twisted:

Blame it on Cerezo, he learnt his begging skillz for players from CCC :twisted:
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

The dude's gonna help England against Germany in an upcoming match, I guess that says it all, Naija juss got rejected :( :cry:
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT