Offensive Avatars

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Robbynice
Offensive Avatars

Post by Robbynice »

This is a new house (site that is) and we have to respect not only the site but also the forumites of this forum. I have noticed some offensive avatars in display. I wouldn't bother to mention names but I am sure we will all do the right thing and bring it down. Thanks for your anticipated cooperation regarding this issue.

Robby
Last edited by Robbynice on Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mzekezeke
Egg
Egg
Re: Offensive Avatars

Post by Mzekezeke »

Robbynice wrote:This is a new house (site that is) and we have to respect not only the site but also the forumites of this forum. I have noticed some offensive avatars in display. I wouldn't bother to mention names but I am sure we will all do the right thing and bring it down. Thanks for your anticipated cooperation regarding this issue.

Robby
Awesome site Robby. I hope my Avatar passes the decency test. :o
Patrick Ntsoelengo,Nelson Dladla,Petros Nzimande, Abednigo Ngcobo,Doctor Khumalo,Vusi Lamola,Gerald Dlamini,Simom Lehoko,Silvester Kole,Lucas Radebe,Jan Lichaba, Leonard Likoebe,Edson Mguyo, Arie Khongoane,Marks Maponyanye,Donald Khuse, Jabu Pule, Mark Tovey, Zebulon Nhlapo,Gabriel Tikkie Khoza,Moran Khulu,Michael Dlamini,Johannes Mofokeng, Wellinton Manyathi,Jingles Perreira....... to be continued....Amhakhosi Kaizer Chiefs!!!!!!!
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

What exactly do yo mean by "offensive"?
I don't understand.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

27 wrote:What exactly do yo mean by "offensive"?
I don't understand.
Yes Robby, clarify cos opinion is relative....personally if you ask me, methinks all Manure glorifying avatars are offensive.
Last edited by theYemster on Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

27 wrote:What exactly do yo mean by "offensive"?
I don't understand.
Ol'boy believe me when you see it you will know.
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

theYemster, I mean pictures that are offensive to the general public. I really don't want to mention names but I have seen a couple and quite frankly I don't like it. Btw I have also noticed some yielding to my advice. I understand that many would want to get smart just like you are 27 are trying to do but really this is a serious matter. We don't want to resort to controlled avatar just like they do in other forums.
Last edited by Robbynice on Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Mandoza, that is an ugly and terrible avator, replace it with this instead Image: Image
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Robby, you are right, this is an unacceptable avator: Image :)
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
living
Egg
Egg

Post by living »

Robbynice keep it tough with some guys who think they can put up offensive avatars, I mean we ought to respect ourselves.Keep it up RB
Things might come to those who wait but only those things left behind by those who hustle-Abraham Lincoln
Cyber Saint

Post by Cyber Saint »

Robby, how do you define an "offensive avatar"?

Care to clarify - provide a lil criteria.
Thanks
ikwerreman
Egg
Egg

Post by ikwerreman »

Robby, me too would really want to know your definition of Offensive Avatar.
For real
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Trust Robby to have the first sticky in the new house :D
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

Robbynice wrote:theYemster, I mean pictures that are offensive to the general public. I really don't want to mention names but I have seen a couple and quite frankly I don't like it. Btw I have also noticed some yielding to my advice. I understand that many would want to get smart just like you are 27 are trying to do but really this is a serious matter. We don't want to resort to controlled avatar just like they do in other forums.
I was only being cheeky. :)
I think you'rereferring to the pictures of women in revealing clothing. For the record, I won't name names either but If you don't know who I mean then there is clearly a problem.

P.S. I hope mine isn't offensive.
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

How pathetic. Robbynice, i assume you're talking about my avatar. If anyone finds a scantily clad woman in an Arsenal shirt "offensive" then they need to get with reality.
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

Eagle Winged wrote:How pathetic. Robbynice, i assume you're talking about my avatar. If anyone finds a scantily clad woman in an Arsenal shirt "offensive" then they need to get with reality.
THIS IS VERY OFFENSIVE I SUPPOSE....
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

Robbynice,

You can't win
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

Eagle Winged, I wasn't really talking about you but since you brought it up... :D On a more serious note, I really don't want to mention names but if you look around very well you will see what I am saying. I thank those that have complied so far but there is this particular person I am waiting for to do the right thing.

***Robby thinking to himself*** :idea: Maybe I should that person(s) a PM.
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

Larry Ashagbe wrote:Robbynice,

You can't win
Ol'boy na so man see am oh. Larry I beg I wan know. You boy (Cele Babayaro) dey go Faro so?
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

EW Get with the programme go to page 3 in the Sun to fulfil your sexual gratification!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Robbynice, you will probably need to define what you regard as offensive so we can continue from there. After all, some might deem the free advertising you're giving to O2 as objectionable. :|

BTW, any thoughts on the proposed avatar below..?

Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

RudeBoy wrote:EW Get with the programme go to page 3 in the Sun to fulfil your sexual gratification!
Ol'boy, get with the programme and slap yourself goodnight instead of your woman!
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Can I expect anything different from you? No! You have proved your crassness is part of your nature! Anyway each to his own!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

YeyeMan v2.1 wrote:Robbynice, you will probably need to define what you regard as offensive so we can continue from there. After all, some might deem the free advertising you're giving to O2 as objectionable. :|

BTW, any thoughts on the proposed avatar below..?
Now that's just silly.