LIPPI NOW AVAILABLE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet
LIPPI NOW AVAILABLE

Post by Vincent. »

Lippi to leave Juventus at end of season

By Simon Evans

MILAN, April 29 (Reuters) - Juventus coach Marcello Lippi will leave the Serie A champions at the end of the season, the club said on Thursday.

The 56-year-old Lippi has won five league titles in two spells at the Turin club and had one year remaining on his contract.

A spokesman said the club had not made any decision on a replacement for the coach who led Juventus to two successive titles after returning from Inter Milan in 2001.

"It has been fantastic, but I think it's time for me step aside," Lippi was quoted as saying by Italian news agency ANSA.

Juventus lie third in Serie A with no chance of catching leaders AC Milan in the final three matches of the season, and Lippi said he had made his decision to leave over a month ago.

"About 50 days ago, right after a crucial period for us, I had to deal with the conditions that everyone knows about and I expressed my feelings to the club. These players have given me their all and I am convinced they can still give something but with another coach," Lippi said.

Lippi, who also won three Italian titles and the European Cup during his first spell at Juve from 1994 to 1999, has always insisted he would not coach another Italian side after his ill-fated spell with Inter.

"I am not going to any other team. I have refused any kind of discussion with anyone," said Lippi who also said there were no financial reasons behind his decision.

"I didn't ask for a lira and when you have a rapport such as I have with this club it is not one year of a contract that can cause problems.

"The club tried to get me to change my mind and we also thought about continuing our relationship in a different form but I am convinced that the right thing is to step aside," said Lippi.

Italian media reports have suggested that Parma coach Cesare Prandelli, a former Juve player, would be a frontrunner to replace Lippi.

Chievo coach Luigi Del Neri and Monaco coach Didier Deschamps have also been linked with a switch to the Delle Alpi stadium.
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

Didier has said that he is no longer considering the switch to Juve. I think Prandelli will be the next Juve coach.

Thank you Lippi for the great memories
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

I think Prandelli will be the next coach. But I prefer Del Neri.

In the meantime, Lippi also said that he does not intend coaching for now. However, I think its a lie to stop a lot of speculation, especially the fact that he will probably become the next Italy coach at the end of Euro 2004, moreso if Trapattoni makes a mess...
pastorhotr99
Egg
Egg
for what..

Post by pastorhotr99 »

to work where in Africa-south of the Sahara-hell no?...you must be jooking-best scenario ...those larger than life coaches will sign like Bora did-stay in Europe and run after the tournament...circa 1999
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

paveman how far with our JSA. ( juventus shriners association)... :mrgreen:
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Juventusss

The problem is that we'd probably have only 2 members :roll: :roll:
I'm in though!
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

no problem. :mrgreen:

FORZA JUVE
khalela

Post by khalela »

Last edited by khalela on Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
khalela

Post by khalela »

Paveman wrote:Juventusss

The problem is that we'd probably have only 2 members :roll: :roll:
I'm in though!
Pave,Juve
I can assure you that 2 can do the trick. :lol: :lol: More will show up.