LG Cup: Nigeria 2 - Jordan 0 - FULL Match Report

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

VINDAVE
LG Cup: Nigeria 2 - Jordan 0 - FULL Match Report

Post by VINDAVE »

The match started well with the new set of Eagles mainly homebased led by Seyi Ogusanya playing with a lot of promises and with blistering forms courstesy of the 2times a week league games they play in the NPL.

FORMATION:

-------------------------Sunday Rotimi --------------------------

Okey Odita---------Seyi Ogusanya-----Peter Dolough---Joseph Japhet

Paul Obiefule---------Ishola Shuaibu---Dooyum Imadu--------Obedia Ifeanyi

---------------Emeka Akueme---------Igho Otegheri----------------------

The Super Eagles started with good incursion into the vital areas of the technically gifted Jordan team led by the Egyptian retired nationale El-Ghohari.

And in no time the whole national Stadium which was filled to capacity was agog, cheering and cheering with the music of 'My lord You deliver Paul & Silas, He deli eve Paul & Silas, My Lord you deliver Paul & Silas, you will also deliver meeeee.... Don't be surprise anyway, the entire stadium is full because of the 'osho free' - courtesy of the Organizer LG - the Electronic Giant.

As the match progress into the 25minute with the Eagles still pressing for the first goal, with solid display from the midfield, Paul Obiefule took a bullet shot from about 40yards what Ernest Okwonkwo normally refers to as an intercontinental ballistic Missile... it was so sudden but the Jordan keeper Asabah punched it upward into the air to the chargering head of Emeka Akueme who rushed the ball in from the head of the Jordan defender straight into the net to give Nigeria their first goal.

The match continue again with Igho and Emeka putting much pressure on the Jordan defence, Imadu also took several shots straight to the goal keeper... Nigeria would have had another goal after about 5minutes but Emeka shot far wide... Ishola was also not left out from the shots as he once in a while show some of his flashy skills in the vital area of the Jordan team.. some selfish display howver by the Nigerian attack actually resulted into the few goal margin.... and about 15minutes to the end of the first half, the Jordan made some vital changes and that suddenly change the temple of the game as the Jordan almost took complete control of the game with their technical skill... The goal also sent El-gohari on his feet as he keep on charging and shouting instructions to his boys... and there is no doubt that the Jordan are more gifted technically than the new Super Eagles teams who have barely trained together for just 4days. But for the individual skill, form and strength of the Eagles, the game result would have been different...

After that goal and some few changes by El-Gohari, the Jordan came into the match and started pressurizing the Eagles defence which exposed the skill of Rotimi the man in goal. Rotimi ball timing, body movement, reflexes etc were just too good couple with his height advantage... I think Enyeama will know that he has some good contestants behind him, so any pem mistake from his side... well that will be his undoing. However, at a time our defence who were yet to play together before got confused but thank God for Rotimi, the culprit there was Ogunsaya as he is yet to understand Peter Dolough the Dolphin defender. However, the best men on our defence in the night are no other person than Odita the rightful back man and the Dolphin star, Peter Dolough. Odita was another Yobo in making with his good body build and skills, ability to overlap and charge the attack.

As the match progressed into the second half Super Eagles coach, Christian Chukwu made some vital changes bringing in Nndubuisi Eze for Ishola Shuaibu, and later Chukwudi Nworgu after one other player which I could not figure out his name. Chukwudi who later scored the second goal for Nigeria was also a thorn in the flesh of the Jordan. It was after this changes that the Eagles came back to life again haven survive the sporadic attacks of the most robust Jordan players... The Jordan also had about seven changes in the game though none of them could change the scoreline at the end of the day leaving them for the 3rd place match against Libya who had already lost to the Taranga Lion of Senegal by a lone goal courtesy of Ibrahim Ba.

With this result, the Eagles now face the Senegalese Lion on Friday for the final match where the winner will smile home with $50,000. and some assaulted electronic gadgets i.e. TV sets, Mobile handsets, ACs, etc.

Players to look on to in the future:
1. Sunday Rotimi - This Keeper is really very good and there is no doubt about it. With his good height and reflexes, good ball timing... I think he has a place in the Senior Eagles.

2. Okey Odita: Am very sure if you guys watch the match, you will agree with me that this young talented lad has something to show to the real Eagles in the righfull back position... Abbey George should be wary... the boy reminds me of Yobo in that position.

3. Igho Otegheri. This boy is ripe for the First Team... at least, is high time we really get him close to the senior boys in vital matches... with his brilliant ball skills, pace, height, and hustleling character I think he should not be left alone when the WC qualifier commence.

4. Ishola Shuaibu: The only problem with him is consistency, he has the skill and just need to be a little bit discipline.

5. Akueme Emeka: That ball is an 'husola' the typical naija language of a hustling man - goal hungry and skillful as well. Gave Nigeria their first goal courtesy of Paul Obiefule hot shot.

6. Ogusanya the skipper of the team who already had several experiences in the Super Eagles is another future asset.

Above all, I most commend the entire team; they all played well even Joseph Japheth and Imadu of Insurance the guy full of shots. Also, I will use this opportunity to tell readers that we should not underrate any country. The Jordan I saw yesterday only lack experience but has got and play better than the Super Eagles Technically... They showed some good stuff and their ball display showed that they have trained under a better terrain than the Super Eagles player... Though, the Eagles who were more fit and more skillful with home fans on their side had the better of the day. I pray they are able to curtail and defeat the Senegalese who are also fit but lack experience.

VINDAVE

==============================================
Please note: this report is just from my own point of view based on my personal observation... I may be making some changes as I remember some vital things that requires addition. A better report may also come from those who saw the match live right inside the Stadium as I only watched from the Screen of my TV. set.
Last edited by VINDAVE on Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pasamu
Egg
Egg

Post by pasamu »

thanks for the report.
my times are in HIS hands
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Vintage Vinny

Merci
Fourteen
Egg
Egg

Post by Fourteen »

Seven changes? Na basketball?

Jordan also had about seven changes in the game
Gotti
Re: LG Cup: Nigeria 2 - Jordan 0 - FULL Match Report

Post by Gotti »

VINDAVE wrote:However, the best men on our defence in the night are no other person than Odita the rightful back man and the Dolphin star, Peter Dolough. Odita was another Yobo in making with his good body build and skills, ability to overlap and charge the attack.
VINDAVE:
Thanks for the report. I am happy to see that Okey Odita's switch from DM to defense is apparently going well. Hopefully, he can fulfill some of the predictions made of him last year and provide the depth that we so obviously lack at the right-back position.
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

Lefak wrote:Seven changes? Na basketball?

Jordan also had about seven changes in the game
Is like the LG cup permits that, am sure a team can afford to change the entire side if the coach so wish...
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

Okey Odita--I like that name already. Vinny, was the match shown in Nigeria?
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

GUEST wrote:Okey Odita--I like that name already. Vinny, was the match shown in Nigeria?
YES! ALL THE MATCHES WERE SHOWN LIVE... WE ARE JUST WAITING AGAIN FOR TOMORROW SHOW... THE STADIUM WAS ALSO THROWN OPEN FOR ANYBODY THAT CARES TO COME.... 'OSHO FREE'
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

Thanks for the Information Vinny.
Ofoje2
Egg
Egg

Post by Ofoje2 »

Hopefully we will be able to see the highlights on BEN/AIT Sports highlight program at 5:30 this evening.

I manage to catch a glimpse of Rangers Vs El Nasr confed cup yesterday, talking of that game, i was shocked to see how badly the turf at Nnamdi Azikiwe stadium has detoriated.

Honestly, i think its about time someone ban the likes of Obiagu, New haven and co from using that pitch.
Enugu Rangers Supporters Club
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

Ofoje2 wrote:Hopefully we will be able to see the highlights on BEN/AIT Sports highlight program at 5:30 this evening.

I manage to catch a glimpse of Rangers Vs El Nasr confed cup yesterday, talking of that game, i was shocked to see how badly the turf at Nnamdi Azikiwe stadium has detoriated.

Honestly, i think its about time someone ban the likes of Obiagu, New haven and co from using that pitch.
My friend, yes the stadium not only Nnamdi but also the national stadium are all in bad shape... however, banning those programmes from taking place there henceforth will mean stopping some huge amount of money that goes into the pocket of the stadium management. The only thing that is needed to be done now is srew those guys who collect the fee and quiz them on how they manage the money... for instance, a minimum of =N=1m... is just too bad that these guys are eating the whole money cus I am sure the fee they collect are enough to maintain the pitches.
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

Also, I will like to say that other arena should be rented out for such programmes instead of using the main-bow to avoid the killing of these grasses in the pitch.
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by original skeepolah »

That was agood score...where was the match played.?????????????Unlimited substitutions is common in friendlies...........
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

original skeepolah wrote:That was agood score...where was the match played.?????????????Unlimited substitutions is common in friendlies...........
LAGOS... is not just friendly but LG CUP... Four Nations Torney.
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Ofoje2 wrote:Hopefully we will be able to see the highlights on BEN/AIT Sports highlight program at 5:30 this evening.

Ofoje, are u related to the former Rangers captain and the CIC Ofoje that played with Ogbodo Uwabunkonye and Steven Ezugha?
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.