Ivorians are coming beware!!!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Limeone
Egg
Egg
Ivorians are coming beware!!!!!

Post by Limeone »

Another Ivorian wins player of the year!!
Dindane wins Belgian player award.

BRUSSELS, May 10 (Reuters) - Anderlecht forward Aruna Dindane was named Belgian Players' Player of the Year on Monday.
The Ivory Coast international secured 448 points from the votes cast by Belgium's first division players to cap a great season where he helped inspire the club to their 27th title.

His 18-year-old Anderlecht team mate Vincent Kompany finished second with 233 points with Mouscron's Luigi Pieroni, the league's top scorer with 27 goals, third on 195 points.

Anderlecht coach Hugo Broos was named Coach of the Year for the third time, Kompany voted the best newcomer and Ghent's Frederic Herpoel Goalkeeper of the Year.

The annual election is organised by the Belgian Professional Football League and Sport-Foot Magazine.

• Your views on this story? Email [email protected]
AreaStarr
Egg
Egg
Location: By the Bar as usual hand full of liquor puffing on a sweet swisher!
Re: Ivorians are coming beware!!!!!

Post by AreaStarr »

Ivorians this and that blah blah............................ ! These guys have done nothing of note in international football for a while, I mean they couldn't even make the last ANC. Lots of talent does not automatically mean success on the pitch! We Nigerians should know this better than anyone else.
Limeone wrote:Another Ivorian wins Belgian player of the year!!

BRUSSELS, May 10 (Reuters) - Anderlecht forward Aruna Dindane was named Belgian Players' Player of the Year on Monday.
The Ivory Coast international secured 448 points from the votes cast by Belgium's first division players to cap a great season where he helped inspire the club to their 27th title.

His 18-year-old Anderlecht team mate Vincent Kompany finished second with 233 points with Mouscron's Luigi Pieroni, the league's top scorer with 27 goals, third on 195 points.

Anderlecht coach Hugo Broos was named Coach of the Year for the third time, Kompany voted the best newcomer and Ghent's Frederic Herpoel Goalkeeper of the Year.

The annual election is organised by the Belgian Professional Football League and Sport-Foot Magazine.

Limeone
Egg
Egg

Post by Limeone »

Mark my word.that is about to change.when a nation has the caliber of players as they've got.it will only get better...
AreaStarr
Egg
Egg

Post by AreaStarr »

Limeone wrote:Mark my word.that is about to change.when a nation has the caliber of players as they've got.it will only get better...
Are you forgetting they are in the same WC qualiying group with Cameroon and Egypt?

And also these very same guys couldn't even get past SA to make it to ANC 2004.

I will mark your words Limeone.
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

they are getting better and more recognition, we wait and see
Limeone
Egg
Egg

Post by Limeone »

AreaStar,
Cameroun have been docked by 6 points already and will not make it to the world cup and Egypt should not be so much problem to them.I forgot they lost to SA during ANC qualifiers.Interesting it must be down to tactics.I wonder who the Ivorian coach is?
Really it is scary that we have an ivorian as the French League player of the year and now the Belgian's. That is some feat!!!
AreaStarr
Egg
Egg

Post by AreaStarr »

Limeone wrote:AreaStar,
Cameroun have been docked by 6 points already and will not make it to the world cup and Egypt should not be so much problem to them.I forgot they lost to SA during ANC qualifiers.Interesting it must be down to tactics.I wonder who the Ivorian coach is?
Really it is scary that we have an ivorian as the French League player of the year and now the Belgian's. That is some feat!!!
That whole 6 points stuff is being appealed and it could very well be reversed. But even with the 6 points docked the Cameroonian Areaboys will be a formidable opponent for the Ivorians, and they could very well throw a spanner in the Ivorian plans.
And the Egyptians are always dangerous opponents.
Makanaky
Egg
Egg

Post by Makanaky »

It must be April Fools today, Areastar sticking up for the IL's. :wink: :P :lol:
Nkono, Kunde, Massing, Tataw, Ebwelle , Pagal,Mbida, Mfede, Mbouh,Makanaky,Kana-Biyik,Oman-Biyik, Ekeke, Milla,.....Too Strong to be Intimidated, Too Stong to be defeated! Indomitable!!!! Marc Viven-Foe R.I.P!!!
Akure4Life
Egg
Egg

Post by Akure4Life »

There was a time when almost all times in France had a top player of Ivorian origin. Guess what?? They did jack didley squat.
Akure4Life

Ojota is my hood.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Dindane is a wicked player and i watched him when he played for his club against Maldrid about 2 years ago.All these good set of players all come from C.Ivoire but this guys fail to peform as a team.This guy and majority of this dudes played the SE's in a draw before the 2002 ANC.All this guys have been around for a long time,doing very well for their clubs,but when it comes down to doing it for Ivoary coast,they just dont cut it.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Limeone
Egg
Egg

Post by Limeone »

omey2K4,
Good tactican required.That again brings me to the question who is the coach of Ivory coast? less I check on the www
fatty
Egg
Egg
Re: Ivorians are coming beware!!!!!

Post by fatty »

AreaStarr wrote:Ivorians this and that blah blah............................ ! These guys have done nothing of note in international football for a while, I mean they couldn't even make the last ANC. Lots of talent does not automatically mean success on the pitch! We Nigerians should know this better than anyone else.
Limeone wrote:Another Ivorian wins Belgian player of the year!!

This team will go far with a good coach in Henry Michel, right from their goalkeeper to their top striker, even to their coach they are simply magicians. Don't doubt their age because they were caught young and went straight to football academy, so they wre carefully monitored.
From green to super, eagles are soaring to Golden.
Coeur-d'Ivoire
Egg
Egg

Post by Coeur-d'Ivoire »

fatty is right our coach is Henri Michel

for the ANC 2002 we had Nouzaret (who left for montpellier) and the reason we lost to south africa was because the coach decided to field a weak defense.

keepers: Gnanhouan Gérard (FC Sochaux, France) Barry Copa (KSK Beveren, Belgique)

Defenders Kolo Habib Touré (Arsenal, Angleterre), Abdoulaye Meité (Olympique Marseille, France) Domoraud Cyril (Espanyol Barcelone, Espa
gne), Blaise Kouassi (Guinguamp, France), Olivier Tebily (Birmingham, Angleterre), Arthur Boka (KSK Beveren, Belgum)

Midfield: Serge Dié (FC Nice, France) Guel Tcherressoua (FC Lorient, France) Didier Zokora (La Gantoise, Belgium), Akalé Kanga (AJ Auxerre, France) Gilles Yapi Yapo (FC Nantes, France) N'Dry Romaric (KSK Beveren, Belgium) Bonaventure Kalou (AJ Auxerre, France)

Strikers: Didier Drogba (Olympique de Marseille, France) Aruna Dindane (FC Anderlecht, Belgique) Aruna Kone (Roja JC, Pays-Bas) Daguy Bakari (RC Lens, France) Baky Kone (FC Lorient, France)

i would like to add: Guy Demel (Borussia Dortmund, Germany), Konan (lecce, Italy) and FAE (auxere, France) but these 3 are not sure yet!
FREE TFCO NOW !!!!! - CAMPAIGN FOR TFCO'S EMANCIPATION (CTE)
Mouvement International de la Defense des Gnomes et pour l'Emancipation de Tfco (M.I.D.G.E.T)

Have you visited The Village Hall this week?
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Oh hell nah,not CIV4life,u guys have started again with all this names.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Hard Man

Post by Hard Man »

What do u expect .. naijasoccer4life, green4life, gunner4life, eegu4life, ruff4life, it's doesn't task your imagination or creativity to come up with ... :mrgreen:
Coeur-d'Ivoire
Egg
Egg

Post by Coeur-d'Ivoire »

My Bad! just thought you guys might be more interested in the talent that rests in our team :D

@Hard Man, i truly beleive he was refering to the "ROSTER" and not my nickname humm...
FREE TFCO NOW !!!!! - CAMPAIGN FOR TFCO'S EMANCIPATION (CTE)
Mouvement International de la Defense des Gnomes et pour l'Emancipation de Tfco (M.I.D.G.E.T)

Have you visited The Village Hall this week?
Akingbade
Egg
Egg

Post by Akingbade »

Remember this was how Senegal crept into the limelight,gathering players from Europe[especially France].A team that has had two of it's players honoured by 2 diff clubs in 2 diff countries as well as another in England with Arsenal deserves to be feared. :|
Don't throw stones if u live in a glass house and kindly use the pre-frontal lobe of your brain more often; scientists call it the seat of good manners...
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

Undermine Ivory Coast at your own cost. These guys beat Cameroon 3-0 after WC 2002. I don't think it was a fluke.
Hard Man

Post by Hard Man »

3 trees do not a forest make ...
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Ivory Coast...Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Limeone
Egg
Egg

Post by Limeone »

about time.i wish ivory coast the very best as long as they do not thrash Nigeria.I wonder when we get to engage them in a feriendly encounter?