Falcons earn N70,000 each from England tie

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

naija4ever
Egg
Egg
Location: Latitude 14' 40 N Longitude 90' 31 W(Nollywood 4Ever)
Falcons earn N70,000 each from England tie

Post by naija4ever »

The renewed commitment of the Nigeria Football Association to ensure that every need of the Super Falcons, the nation’s female national team are taken care of from henceforth was expressed last Thursday during their international friendly against their English counterparts.

In the match that ended 3-0 in Nigeria’s favour, the Super Falcons were each paid 500 dollars (N70,000) as appearance fee by NFA. The money was handed to the players before entering the pitch. Speaking exclusively to Daily Independent, NFA board member, Alhaja Ayo Omidiran said NFA’s action came to her as a surprise as signals to the gesture never reached her before travelling to England to honour the match.

“Given their antecedent, the NFA shocked me. For the first time, l saw a different NFA. Let us forget l am a member, the fact is that the truth must be said. When l saw the Falcons wear long sleeve jerseys because of the cold weather, l knew that something good was in the offing,” Ogunjobi said.

Speaking on the outcome of the match, Omidiran said the girls performed creditably well to earn the victory as they showed that they had put behind them their drab Olympic qualifier against Banyana Banyana of South Africa..

This will be the second time Nigeria will be defeating the English girls at the senior level. The last time both countries met was two years ago in England with the Falcons then under Sam Okpodu running away with a lone goal victory.

http://www.dailyindependentng.com/daily ... 070403.htm
Schillachi wrote:Thanks Ghana. I hope this defeat will forever cure us of our colonial mentality when it comes to Coaches...

mystic wrote:
Now, we can criticise CCC for this, that and the other - some of which is warranted, and some of which is complete hogwash. But, in my view, these are the prinicipal areas in which he has been a disappointment.
All the same, I salute Christian Chukwu for his efforts, his selflessness and his hard work. He has served his country to the best of his ability. The predicament that we are in, right now, is not soley of his making and we should all keep that in mind.

The two players are in different worlds. Ade is too young to be compared to Kanu. Kanu has been around and has raked in laurels upon laurels. If he is not scoring, he is assisting; and if he is not, he is entertaining ... one of the finest players in the world. Please for past times, compare Kanu to Brazilian Socrates..bbc606
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Well done to the Falcons and they've earned it. We shall see how NFA keeps their other promises when the time comes.
Soldier of Fortune...
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

200 pounds each-whats there to scream about?????
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
naija4ever
Egg
Egg

Post by naija4ever »

marko wrote:200 pounds each-whats there to scream about?????
Many naija civil servants dont even get this in a year :lol: :D :twisted:
Schillachi wrote:Thanks Ghana. I hope this defeat will forever cure us of our colonial mentality when it comes to Coaches...

mystic wrote:
Now, we can criticise CCC for this, that and the other - some of which is warranted, and some of which is complete hogwash. But, in my view, these are the prinicipal areas in which he has been a disappointment.
All the same, I salute Christian Chukwu for his efforts, his selflessness and his hard work. He has served his country to the best of his ability. The predicament that we are in, right now, is not soley of his making and we should all keep that in mind.

The two players are in different worlds. Ade is too young to be compared to Kanu. Kanu has been around and has raked in laurels upon laurels. If he is not scoring, he is assisting; and if he is not, he is entertaining ... one of the finest players in the world. Please for past times, compare Kanu to Brazilian Socrates..bbc606
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

well these players sacrficie a lot to play for the country-they deserve to earn more
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Cristao
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao »

i think more money would have been earned from that match ... N70000 is too few .. that is not enuff to even pay for the tickets ...
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

They were paid $800 and not $500.
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

Even $800 is still too little.

How much was the FA paid for this match?
Gboye77
Egg
Egg

Post by Gboye77 »

I hope NFA maintains high standards of fair player compensation and management. Their perfomance till date have been epileptic at best.
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

shaq wrote:Even $800 is still too little.

And how popular my man do u think female footie is in Nigeria, i can bet that 90% of Naija women don't even know theres a team called the Super Falcons, they got very low sponsorship, except 4 d Indomie deal few yrs ago dunno if they've ever had another deal.
I can comfortably tell u those girls are happy with what they've got, and until we stop this our nonsense compare and contrast with other european countries teams, we would never see anything Good in gradual efforts being developed. Things come at particular paces and not just at once.

Meanwhile i missed the match, Kudos to our Darling Falcons!!!!
Peter Obi For President 2023
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Cheii dis Robbynice infection jus dey spread like wildfire on this forum na waoo...

Uzo, Sey you get AIT telephone number? :D :lol:

uzoma007 Da CE Virus wrote:

And how popular my man do u think female footie is in Nigeria, i can bet that 90% of Naija women don't even know theres a team called the Super Falcons, they got very low sponsorship, except 4 d Indomie deal few yrs ago dunno if they've ever had another deal.
I can comfortably tell u those girls are happy with what they've got, and until we stop this our nonsense compare and contrast with other european countries teams, we would never see anything Good in gradual efforts being developed. Things come at particular paces and not just at once.

Soldier of Fortune...
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

uzoma007 Da CE Virus wrote:

Ok my guy, let me ask these questions:

1) How much does the girls get paid for friendly matches, and how much for real competitions/tournaments?

2) Is there a prior agreed amount (like we used to have for the SE), or is it left to the discretion of the FA at any point in time?

I want to believe we don't have a case of "monkey dey work, baboon dey chop" here.

And BTW, the popularity of female footie in naija is out of the question here, cuz I don't think the FA itself is doing anything to encourage female footie in naija with the way they treat the girls.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

A more relevant question is,how much was the NFA paid for the friendly?I think it is irresponsible to canvass for the NFA to pay them more than the reported $500.00 each,factoring in other costs,and the fact that some money will need to be chanelled to future preparations and camps.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

obong itatex wrote:A more relevant question is,how much was the NFA paid for the friendly?I think it is irresponsible to canvass for the NFA to pay them more than the reported $500.00 each,factoring in other costs,and the fact that some money will need to be chanelled to future preparations and camps.
Yes, I asked the question earlier, but no one seems to know.

But really, what I think is more relevant is if there's some kind of pay structure and not just a willy-nilly kind of arrangement.

There has to be some kind of accountability and a structure here.

No one will ask for the FA to pay more than what it gets from the match, or even pay the girls all that was earned from the match.

And forget chanelling any fund from a match to any camp. When has that ever happened?
I'd like to be enlightened here.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

shaq,regarding the chanelling of funds to future engagements,i'm just working on the premise that things are being done properly-at least in terms of the Falcons.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Too little for what? Who send them message?
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

nanijoe wrote:

Too little for what? Who send them message?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know u don't like female footie. So I knew you would say something like that.

OK, $800 is too much. Happy now? :P
naija4ever
Egg
Egg

Post by naija4ever »

I dont think $800 is too little, at least we shouldnt expect them to be getting $1000 plus like the SE cos probably they need the remaining funds if there is to execute other programmes. In the SE case, there will always be more sponsors and spectators meaning they generate more funds than the falcons. Its a case of pay as u get, if NFA didnt get so much from the money I dont think it would be wise enough to expect Ogunjobi and co to pay from their pockets. Lets give the NFA the props for being prompt in handling players' allowances of late, they may not be saints BTW who is? Even countries like England, france, germany et al with developed footies cant boast of 100% corruption free :evil: :x :) :( :? :wink: . Welldone NFA for settling the players on time too :wink: . Lastly guys, we should all take into recognizance that baring Akide and few others the majority of the team is made up of home based, meaning that $800 could be of much help to them in that country. Maybe next time they should endeavour to discuss the bonuses with NFA prior to any match, anyway I didnt hear any of the players complain which means they seemed to be contented with it. We shouldnt make this players think that money first, b/4 honouring national service, even though they need money anyway :roll: :twisted: :P

mystic wrote:

pereznasser
Egg
Egg

Post by pereznasser »

[color=red]hi guys sorry about this but in all medias morocco became number one to organise the world cup 2010 and you are all welcoming :lol: [/color]
pereznasser
Egg
Egg

Post by pereznasser »

les gars si vous voulez avoir 1 idee sur quelques sondages , il en a dautres mais j ai ca sous ma main

:

exemple you can see and welcome in morocco 2010

:lol:
http://www.artsportstv.com/English/

http://www.sportbusiness.com/ :lol: :twisted:
http://www.AsFaRabat.com ( welcome brothers )
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

considering attitude to falcons, Galadima and those fa guys shld be shot. what is 800dols when the rubbished everything back then @ WC.