Kickoff Nigeria Jettisons Seyi Award Story?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Kickoff Nigeria Jettisons Seyi Award Story?

Post by YUJAM »

I was just on www.kickoffnigeria.com and noticed that the story about Seyi winning Norwegian player of year had been removed entirely from their page.

I assume this happened because it was not possible to confirm the story from Norway's FA page. If this is the case, much props to the staff of this paper for practicing journalistic integrity and refusing to be used as a 419 tool by unscrupulous folks.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

You get carried away with yourself sometimes Yujam. I posted a piece here yesterday after speaking to the main man himself. Did you bother reading it?
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Ayo:
Why are you so jumpy all of a sudden? :wink: I am on my way to work but will have a full response for you soon.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Ayo:
You know that the story was untrue. We know it was untrue for several reasons:
1. The Norwegian season ended eons ago and just restarted recently.
2. He did not win best player in Norway during his 1st season.
3. Word has it that he won best player at his club. (I dunno if this was a fan or organiational award)

Now unless there was an inbetween season we do not know about, there is no way Seyi could have been awarded Norwegian player of the year last week.

Let us commit to telling the truth and not masking the truth with half lies.

From all indications, Seyi did not win Norwegian player of the year.

* For those offended, I am telling like I see it!

Ayo Akinfe wrote:You get carried away with yourself sometimes Yujam. I posted a piece here yesterday after speaking to the main man himself. Did you bother reading it?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Kickoff Nigeria Jettisons Seyi Award Story?

Post by 1naija »

YUJAM wrote:I was just on www.kickoffnigeria.com and noticed that the story about Seyi winning Norwegian player of year had been removed entirely from their page.

I assume this happened because it was not possible to confirm the story from Norway's FA page. If this is the case, much props to the staff of this paper for practicing journalistic integrity and refusing to be used as a 419 tool by unscrupulous folks.
Yujam, I commend you for not allowing us to be hoodwinked, bamboozled, and straight up "jacked"! More grease to your Elbow.
Last edited by 1naija on Thu May 13, 2004 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
SUYA

Post by SUYA »

Eh.......? Yujam so u did learn something in college after all or is it....the suspicious Gambian in you ? :P
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

Maybe we need to ask KOC why his site jettisoned the story. In any case, Yujam, kudos for being quite alert. People like you are needed to keep us all straight. Kudos, my friend.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Yujam, please go and read the correction I placed on the original story yesterday. Seyi was voted the Best Foreign Player in Norway.

I made that clear and even changed the headline of the story to reflect this. I will give you credit for asking for verification of the story but hey, the correction came about 24 hours ago!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW, sir, I have a few crucial dub CDs for you.
SUYA wrote:Eh.......? Yujam so u did learn something in college after all or is it....the suspicious Gambian in you ? :P
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

YUJAM wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SUYA wrote:Eh.......? Yujam so u did learn something in college after all or is it....the suspicious Gambian in you ? :P
YUJAM, are you stuck in the U-Roy and I - Roy era? Crucial dub is sooo 70s.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

1naija wrote:

That's all they play in Gambia.... :)
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

1Naija:
I mixed this one up a bit. I made two CDs, one is more of the modern remix dub style where most of the stuff is done in studio electronically. The other one is old school, mostly King Tubby, Scientist and Co.

BTW, have you ever heard of this Nigerian guy who worked out of LA and produced this CD called Black Cat Dub? My goodness, the guy is outta control. Just ask Suya! Not only was this fella master dub artist, he is also a Cal Tech grad.

http://www.reggae-reviews.com/gatonegro.html

http://www.roir-usa.com/8210.htm

Ernest Okoranta is his name!

If he is on this forum, he needs to step up!

1naija wrote:

Last edited by YUJAM on Thu May 13, 2004 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Shattap! :P You been to Gambia b4? Folks there are more into Youssou Ndour, Baba Maal and Co.
Riche007 wrote:
1naija wrote:

That's all they play in Gambia.... :)