Ayo Akinfe: Time to collect my bet

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

SSTAR
Egg
Egg

Post by SSTAR »

azuka,

Na u I blame for this case o. If to say u don make me the 'bookie', by now u for dey enjoy you winnings.

By the way, this case brings to light the foolishness of making definitive statement in regards to sports coaches, FC or IC. No coach can guarantee victory, thus why waste money on fantasy goods? And the excuses for this speculative failure, are getting too lame.
The meek shall inherit the earth, but they will not hold the mineral rights!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Azuka, let me ask you this as you are talking about Lazio and Rudeboy is talking about Villa. Did Robson have a strikeforce of Vassel and Angel or a central defensive partnership of Mihalovic and Stam at Bradford?
azuka

Post by azuka »

Look Ayo, even if this guy had had the best players in that division, he would still have cut no jack. Why is it hard for you to understand this. After all, wasn't the SE squad loaded with the whos and whos when they lost to Sierra Leone under BJ?
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Toxic, I go just send Azuka another cup of gari and him go calm down again. Seriously, Azuka, you cannot blame Robbo for any of the problems at Bradford.

Since he took up the job, the situation at the club has got progressively worse. He took on the job on the understanding that he would be allowed to strengthen his squad but alas, the club went into receivership, depleting whatever meagre resources the man had at his disposal.

When you are not allowed to strengthen your team, cannot pay wages, are in receivership and there is uncertainty hanging over the club, how on earth do you lift it out of the relegation doldrums? You can blame Robson for some of the problems at Middlesboro when he was there but as far as Bradford is concerned, he has no case to answer in my opinion.
The sign of a good coach is not a coach who consistently waits on an everlasting budget, but a coach who can bring the best of whatever players at his disposal, and make an impression.

Examples; Deschamps, Wenger, Vahlid Halilodzic, Javier Irureta to mention a very few....

Quite franckly, Robson doesnt even come close...
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

azuka wrote:Look Ayo, even if this guy had had the best players in that division, he would still have cut no jack. Why is it hard for you to understand this. After all, wasn't the SE squad loaded with the whos and whos when they lost to Sierra Leone under BJ?
Please tell us how you came to that conclusion. By the way, what has this got to do with Jo Bonfere?
azuka

Post by azuka »

Ayo, why not admit that Robbo doesn't cut it as a coach. You dont need to be anything to undertsand the logic of what i said above. Robbo, at Middlesborough had a good team, what was his record. Anything to write home about. O, Boro too were into administration. Just forget this your Robbo stuff. Thank God for good riddance he was not made the SE coach.