Karim Benzama and Lyon. Wonderful

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tendai101
Egg
Egg
Karim Benzama and Lyon. Wonderful

Post by tendai101 »

This boy is a baller and sure headed for stardom. Watched him against Rangers last night in the CL and man i was impressed. How do the French manage to produce such talent all the time. he has it all, skills in abundance and a knack for scoring. he made fools of the Scottish defenders many a time last night and Lyon on their day can beat anyone. Rangers were totally outclassed and thrashed 3- 0 in their own back yard.

Juninho is without a doubt the best free kick taker in the world right now. he never fails to hit the target or at least make the keeper work. Donaldinho is a good free kick taker but sometimes he skies it, well not this guy. In the two legs i was hugely impressed by him.

Govou aint a bd player afterall. Last night he too was on fire.

Go Lyon. French talent is gonna conquer the world
The wise speak when they have something to say,
fools speak when they have to say something.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Its our business to stir it up
TonyStarks
Egg
Egg
Re: Karim Benzama and Lyon. Wonderful

Post by TonyStarks »

tendai101 wrote:Lyon on their day can beat anyone. Rangers were totally outclassed and thrashed 3- 0 in their own back yard.
Rangers aint exactly a powerhouse ;)

With that said, Lyon have a decent team that will lose next round and Benzema will have a huge career eventually.

PS. It it just me or does his touch and way he dribbles remind you a lot of Zidane?
http://en.dzfoot.com
bakana
Egg
Egg

Post by bakana »

TonyStarks wrote:
tendai101 wrote:Lyon on their day can beat anyone. Rangers were totally outclassed and thrashed 3- 0 in their own back yard.

With that said, Lyon have a decent team that will lose next round and Benzema will have a huge career eventually.

PS. It it just me or does his touch and way he dribbles remind you a lot of Zidane?
WORD!!! His(Benzema) runs at defenders yesterday reminded me of how years back Zidane ably assisted by Dugary and Lizarazu at Bordeux tore Milan apart, what a match that was.
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

Algeria has suffered from Europeans poaching their players. I mean, Nasri, Benzema and the god Zidane( in Zidane's defense Algeria rejected him).
Elexus
Egg
Egg

Post by Elexus »

It was a perfect revenge. Rangers beat Lyon 3-0 at Lyon and Lyon reversed it yesterday. You can't take anything away from Lyon. Benzema was Rangers greatest tormentor.
tendai101
Egg
Egg

Post by tendai101 »

TonyStarks wrote:

True Rangers arent exactly a powerhouse for one so young, Benzama acquitted himself well against the roughhouse tactics of Rangers. You know these britsih defenders are butchers :P :P

Didnt know Benzama is only 20 :shock: :shock: He is destined for stardom that boy. Lyon play beautiful football even though they wont get far in the CL :cry: :cry: :cry:

tendai101
Egg
Egg

Post by tendai101 »

Elexus wrote:It was a perfect revenge. Rangers beat Lyon 3-0 at Lyon and Lyon reversed it yesterday. You can't take anything away from Lyon. Benzema was Rangers greatest tormentor.
His best bit of skill ironically is when he left the Gers keeper for dead only for his effort to be cleared off the line. I was very impressed by the boy. The score could very easily have beeen 6- 0

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

The French just continue to churn out quality. The kid Hatem Ben Arfa is also special.
TonyStarks
Egg
Egg

Post by TonyStarks »

ogasir wrote:Algeria has suffered from Europeans poaching their players. I mean, Nasri, Benzema and the god Zidane( in Zidane's defense Algeria rejected him).
Poaching? I wouldnt call French born and raised players playing for France poaching. And Zidane was never rejected by Algeria. Just another myth that was disproven a few years back by national team coach in question at the time. :wink:
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

Tony, i heard Zidane got rejected back in 1990 by the then Algerian coach for being too slow.
TonyStarks
Egg
Egg

Post by TonyStarks »

We've all heard the story. The coach at the time said it wasnt true in a recent interview and as a matter of fact Zidane also said it wasnt true in an interview with one of the Algerian sports papers (Le Buteur). I can find you links but I have a final tomorrow. Ask me again on Saturday. :D
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I wonder if our people know how old Benzema and Ben Arfur are.
tendai101
Egg
Egg

Post by tendai101 »

cic old boy wrote:The French just continue to churn out quality. The kid Hatem Ben Arfa is also special.

He too was outstanding 8-) The way they move the ball about is a joy to behold.

tendai101
Egg
Egg

Post by tendai101 »

Feel sorry for Darchevil because they all blaming him for that miss at 3.5o mins. You know the drill. Noone is mentioning the keeper who should eaily stopped the cross for first goal. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Anyway good riddance :P :P :P :P

TonyStarks
Egg
Egg

Post by TonyStarks »

cic old boy wrote:The French just continue to churn out quality. The kid Hatem Ben Arfa is also special.
Both products of the INF Clairefontaine Academy run by the French FA. France has one of the best detection programs with their regional academy's, and one of the best academy's in the world with the INFC, taking in a small group of players at a young age for 3 years before sending them back to pro teams. Definitely paying off for them.
lionga
Egg
Egg

Post by lionga »

tendai101 wrote:

Feel sorry for Darchevil because they all blaming him for that miss at 3.5o mins. You know the drill. Noone is mentioning the keeper who should eaily stopped the cross for first goal. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Darcheville's miss was awful; way, way worse than Kanu's famous miss...and after all that good work by Barry Ferguson. It was much worse than the goalkeeper's error for lyon's first goal.

I thought benzema missed a much easier chance with the 1-on-1. He took his goals very well though!
cybersoccerfan
Egg
Egg

Post by cybersoccerfan »

tendai101 wrote:

He too was outstanding 8-) The way they move the ball about is a joy to behold.
http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns

"The 19-year-old's debut for Lyon's first team this season has alerted some of Europe's top clubs, with AC Milan, Inter and Real Madrid said to be following his progress closely and ready to pay 30 million euros for his services according to Italian media reports.

I have a contract with Lyon until 2012, and I've always told the president (Jean-Michel Aulas) I will stay with the club at least until we win the Champions League."

With the big clubs already monitoring him, if he continues to improve I don't think he will be with Lyon till that date. Probably a big move if he does well at Euro 2008
cybersoccerfan
Egg
Egg

Post by cybersoccerfan »

lionga wrote:
tendai101 wrote:

Darcheville's miss was awful; way, way worse than Kanu's famous miss...and after all that good work by Barry Ferguson. It was much worse than the goalkeeper's error for lyon's first goal.

I thought benzema missed a much easier chance with the 1-on-1. He took his goals very well though!
it was quite bad