Ex-NFA Official: Martins Not Less Than 24!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

An EX-NFA staff that says it all,now he is out of a job he is looking to destroy the employment of others to hell with this fools mentality.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re:

Post by Prince »

cic old boy wrote:Yujam: Your title is misleading as this guy is a former official, so cannot be speaking for the NFA.

Jiggerman: You said "fact is OM is 19". I am not sure you are qualified to establish this as a FACT. The fact is hat the stated age on his passport is 19, we are in no postion to decide whether this is his real age, or not.
Wow CIC na you be this? What happened all of a sudden a mans word is good enough :lol:
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re:

Post by Prince »

cic old boy wrote:Yujam: Your title is misleading as this guy is a former official, so cannot be speaking for the NFA.

Jiggerman: You said "fact is OM is 19". I am not sure you are qualified to establish this as a FACT. The fact is hat the stated age on his passport is 19, we are in no postion to decide whether this is his real age, or not.
CIC how far now :lol: :lol:
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re:

Post by Prince »

Waffiman wrote:Words cannot express the contempt I feel for this man. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Why all this double standards? Martins is not the first and will not be the last striker to ask to be left out because he wants to secure his place in his club. Why did the NFA not do the same to those other players? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Wow Waffi :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NFA Says Martins Cannot Be Less Than 24!

Post by Prince »

Enugu II wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Ouch! :roll:

http://allafrica.com/stories/200401060447.html
January 6, 2004
Posted to the web January 6, 2004

Lanre Olaleye
Lagos

Inter Milan striker, Obafemi Akinwunmi Martins, may become public enemy number one, following his decision not to play for Nigeria at the African Nations Cup Championship in Tunisia later this month.

This was the submission of former NFA board member, Amanze Uchegbulam, during an interview with P.M. Sport over the weekend.

Uchegbulam, who was initially reluctant to comment on the decision of the power-packed Inter Milan striker, however, was blunt in his comment.

He said the decision of the teenage striking sensation is bound to affect his soccer career, stressing that those who advised him to shun Nigeria did so without taking his future into account.

"I believe he was misadvised. Those who advised him did so because of the belief that he is just 19 years. Hence, he thinks it's too early for him to play for the senior national team. But he's making a big mistake because some of us know that he can't be less than 24 years.

"He is presently in his prime. Strikers are always in peak form between 24 to 28 years of age. This is the time for him to shine, for him to play for this country. Nigeria may not wait for him until he's ready to play for his fatherland," Uchegbulam affirmed.

The former Imo State FA chairman added that aside from putting his future career in jeopardy, the Lagos-born player might attract the wrath of Nigerians shocked about his decision not to be on the Super Eagles train to Tunisia.

"If he truly sticks to his gun, he is only creating a big enmity for himself because Nigerians will be hostile to him right from the airport and on the streets. I think he should rescind the decision in his own interest," the ertswhile NFA board member said.

Obafemi had initially promised to honour the Nations Cup invitation after the NFA Scribe, Chief Taiwo Ogunjobi visited him in Italy. But a few days later, the player, who had been shortlisted for the African Footballer of the Year award, shocked the NFA scribe and indeed Nigerians when he opted out of the team because of club commitments.

Uchegbelum, however, described the player's sudden change of mind as a betrayal of trust.

His words: "We shouldn't beg him to play. He has a right to take whatever decision he thinks is right for him. But I'm afraid this is not the right decision. Besides, we have other talented players who can do the country proud. So, let's concentrate on those who are willing to play.

This type of rumor, particularly coming from an NFA official is clearly out of line. If the FA official knows the truth then he should come out and say but not hide behind an insinuation like this.
Enugu 11
:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Re:

Post by Waffiman »

Prince wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Words cannot express the contempt I feel for this man. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Why all this double standards? Martins is not the first and will not be the last striker to ask to be left out because he wants to secure his place in his club. Why did the NFA not do the same to those other players? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Wow Waffi :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ex-NFA Official: Martins Not Less Than 24!

Post by Catalyst »

Wow...
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.
The earth is not our home.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7711/opaks.gif
http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bsflag.gif
Godfather
Egg
Egg

Post by Godfather »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
“Achebe was a writer in whose company the Prison walls fell down.” – Dr. Nelson Mandela.
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

...cheiiii PRINCE you days will be long...kaiii see exposure of hypocrites...Lord Naija...
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Waffi na my man.... :lol: :lol:
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

Men, some pple are good at removing long time deadbodies from their graves.... can't just allow sleeping dogs to lye low?
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Prince wrote:

Wow CIC na you be this? What happened all of a sudden a mans word is good enough :lol:
U see,all this fake dudes including wafflebagboy,fake guys all of them!!!!
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Prince wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: This is embarrassing. Here is what I said about the acceptability of a "man's word": A man's statement is accepted as evidence unless it is inherently improbable, highly unlikely, self-contradictory, or his demeanour does not inspire confidence.

In other words, unless you have rational grounds for doubt, you should accept a man's word as evidence. It is clear from this discussion in 2004 that I had strong grounds to doubt that Martins was 19 then, so I refused to accept his word. Omo, engage your brain before questioning me! The truth is consistent. I am always on the side of the truth.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Prince,

I doff my cap. Igweee!!! :thumbs: :thumbs:
Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Catalyst »

omey2k4 wrote:
Prince wrote:

U see,all this fake dudes including wafflebagboy,fake guys all of them!!!!
No mind us.

Shame on me - shame on us.
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.
The earth is not our home.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7711/opaks.gif
http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bsflag.gif