GET WELL SOON EDUARDO.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

The FA is no more than a collection of fat wannabes whose only encounter with a ball is the day they reached beyond their pulsating phallas' to caress their scrotums whilst watchings WAGS uncovered!...Pricks!

...They know too well that if they throw the book at Taylor, the judges hammer, wig and few fists from the gallery might follow! They'll try their very best to stop this descending into the realm of chaos. Already, all the fatheads and their crooked noses are lending their character references to the defence of Taylor. "Of course it wasnt intentional, he's harmless...". If this were Joey Baryon, they'd be bringing up tales of fights he had in primary school and quoting Sigmund Freud!

...F' the FA, behind concerned expressions, there will be those who feel this is retribution for the dissent which they have made synonymous with the name 'Arsenal'. When did you ever see Keown or Adams butcher an opponent like so?

...Nothing more than the usual penalty for a dismissal will follow on from this. Why? Because Berwick's a penis, the irony being his own ghas camoflaged itself under that blanket of adipose that hangs like Sadam from his navel!

...If this were Ronaldo and Man United, Taylor would be extradited to the US under charges of ethnic cleansing!

...Its a shame that such a profession is clouded by so many intricacies that the letter of the law is only applied where favourable! There may not have been red mist hovering around Taylor's had at the time, but this was a 'let him know he's in a game' tackle that went horrribly wrong! This was more than a mistimed tackle, look at the positioning of the studs and the point of impact FFS! When was the last time you saw a ball being dribbled by an ankle! Not even Nani could perform such a feat.

...The Red was well-deserved, what follows will shame the name of this game. This was a career ending tackle, that may well end a career. To think, 3 matches is all the punishment that will be dished out. How many games did Lauren and co get suspended for, when Aberdeen Alex went moaning to the conference room! Exactly...perso-%$#@^&-nalities, and favourable circumstances! F' the FA! F-ing inbreds! F' David Platt and sloped forehead, and all those other cowards too scared to step out and voice their true opinions! Pricks the lot of them! Yes Taylor's as innocent as Edbunike, isn't he!
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

Waffiman wrote:
toyin133 wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Make no mistake, this was an evil delibrate act. I hope Taylor is crippled one day too.

:x :x :x :x :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Actually he should be shot.
Can you both please take your hatred and bitterness elsewhere
Hope Eduardo recovers to play again
The same hatred he gave Eduardo on the pitch you mean. I only wish to him what he did to Eduardo.

What an 1d1ot, if that was a Spuds player will you make such a statement.
Some fools on this site are just fools for nothing! STUPID angel*!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

Waffiman wrote:
toyin133 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
toyin133 wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Make no mistake, this was an evil delibrate act. I hope Taylor is crippled one day too.

Actually he should be shot.
Can you both please take your hatred and bitterness elsewhere
Hope Eduardo recovers to play again
The same hatred he gave Eduardo on the pitch you mean. I only wish to him what he did to Eduardo.

What an 1d1ot, if that was a Spuds player will you make such a statement.
I am sorry but you are the big fat 1d1ot who is unable to put things in perspective because of a stupid football club.
I nor get time for you. :evil: :evil:
Leave dis SADIST, im go meet im own.... :evil: :evil: :evil:

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
amanda_1
Egg
Egg

Post by amanda_1 »

Speedy recovery Eduardo! :(
This is too much.. imagine the pain! Geezz!! McFadden should be punished BRUTAL.. :evil:
COOKING SPOON
Egg
Egg

Post by COOKING SPOON »

It appears as if This sicko is enjoying the sight of Eduardo's broken leg.

Human beings.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
They seek him here.
They seek him there.
Moderators seek him everywhere.
They seek him at night
And even at noon
That damn elusive cooking spoon
mastermind 17
Egg
Egg

Post by mastermind 17 »

I wish this guy a speedy recovery! Unfortunately i don't think he will recover to play football the way he did.
These kind of injuries happen once in a while, at any level of football. Wafi....there is a few such injuries that come to mind, both of Cisse's injuries were close to that. Even though his were not over the top tackles. It doesnt take much to break a leg if someone hits you on the foot/leg on which your whole body weight is, the outcome is better if its the trailing leg!!!
The key here is .....clean break vs a non-lineal fracture.
I broke my leg just the same way when I was playing college soccer for Creighton here in the US. My ankle bones stuck out the sock and I broke both the tibia and fibula. I had one long surgery and ended up with two screws through my ankle to hold it in place as i had lost all my ligaments, and also two plates to hold my sheen bones. I was like that for 8 months before they took off the screws, but i still have the plates and gave up soccer after reharb, each time I run, my whole lower leg swells up. I could not recover from such a break, and i was only 21. Its going to be a long way for him before he set foot into the field. Even then, he may not be able to play again.
My prayers are to him!!!!
Last edited by mastermind 17 on Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Game Mastermind Has Spoken. May all that have understanding Listen!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Some of us have said this again and again about the English game and the thugs that masquerade as footballers.

They are grown by a certain generation of English and Scottish coaches, like Mark Hughes, Steve Bruce, Mcleish, Coppell, Jewell, etc. all incidentally ex Manscum save for the last; who parade a few thugs in their rank..

Eduardo will NEVER play football at the highest level again..I hope am wrong, but I doubt it very much. Willis Mcghahee's situation is different, as is the sport he plays in. Cisse is a living example...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

mke1010 wrote:
AgentFifa wrote:Eduardo's wife said his fibula-side bone is broken and the inside of the ankle is ok doctor said so he is lucky in a way.
This guy will be rehabbing in 6 months. With high optimism I expect Eduardo to be back on the field by November at the latest.
I just really hope and pray so. I never really gave much houht to the injury until I saw the pix here. This isnt what any human should suffer or see. If I were on the pitch I'd have puked. It's just too much.

May God really help Edu.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
lowzeewee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by lowzeewee »

amanda_1 wrote:Speedy recovery Eduardo! :(
This is too much.. imagine the pain! Geezz!! McFadden should be punished BRUTAL.. :evil:
It's Taylor, not McFadden.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Killa Adjei wrote:But is that his bone sticking out in his socks in the second picture, goddamn.. :shock: :oops: :(
Damn! Stop bringing back bad memories
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

txj wrote:Some of us have said this again and again about the English game and the thugs that masquerade as footballers.

They are grown by a certain generation of English and Scottish coaches, like Mark Hughes, Steve Bruce, Mcleish, Coppell, Jewell, etc. all incidentally ex Manscum save for the last; who parade a few thugs in their rank..

Eduardo will NEVER play football at the highest level again..I hope am wrong, but I doubt it very much. Willis Mcghahee's situation is different, as is the sport he plays in. Cisse is a living example...
You are just overreacting.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
TD
Egg
Egg

Post by TD »

Waffiman wrote:
mke1010 wrote:Waffiman- Modern medicine is amazing. Eduardo will play again even though this injury looked catastrophic today. People said the same thing about another athlete with a similar catastrophic on field injury. See below.

A guy named Willis McGahee in the NFL tore every single ligament in his knee and shredded his ACL. He was able to come back from the injury and even signed a multi million dollar contract last year. Here is a brief description of his injury.

In the early part of the fourth quarter during the 2003 Fiesta Bowl National Championship Game against Ohio State McGahee suffered a horrific injury when his left knee was hyper extended resulting in a complete dislocation in which he tore nearly all of the ligaments. This injury required several surgeries and extensive rehabilitation before he would be able to play again.

Prayers go out to Eduardo and his family. Keep the faith.
Just got a SMS from the Arsenal website I write for. Apparently, Eduardo's injury is not as bad as feared. His wife is reported to have said his ankle is not broken and he broke his fibula only. This is not confirmed but if true it is very good news indeed.
In light of this, do you now retract from your initial position that Mr Taylor be shot? 8-) . Perhaps now, a clubbing over the head with a cricket bat in a dark alley will suffice? :wink:
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

Cally wrote:
toyin133 wrote:
Cally wrote:Toyin or whatever you call yourself...just shut up if you don't have anything decent to say...we are talking about a horrible tackle that might end someone's career and you are busy looking for quotes that don't make any difference...

Cally, obviously you are a retard with comprehension difficulties. My view of the incident does not in any way affect the severity of Eduardo's injury.
You can insult me all you like...you are just a Spurs supporter that will never be objective when it has to do with Arsenal...

I have names I can call you but I'll resist that temptation...
I can't resist the temptation, this FOOL takes the Arsenal vs spud BS to a new level.....freaking SADIST.... :evil: :evil: :evil:

elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

KoC wrote:To say I am horrified is an understatement. I was watching the game and much as I dislike the ARSE, I was actually half hoping for an ARSE win to punish BC.
Girlfriend and I just saw Waffi's pictures and she covered her eyes almost instantly and refused to look.
Thats a footballer. . .
Eduardo is one player that scares the living daylights out of me. His calmness in front of goal is reminiscent of when DB10 was called the Iceman.
Its a shame that football will lose such a talented player to a butcher like Taylor, and then people will come out and say 'there is not a bad bone in his body?'
So where did that tackle come from? Mine?
I want to say I hope he gets his commupance, but all I can say is, may God forgive him.
Much RESPECT to you, KoC....

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Are you kidding me? Overreacting to what?
You have to put that tackle within the context of the STATED game plan of Mcleish and his Birmingham thugs...

That tackle did not just happen. Yes it may not have been premeditated by Taylor, but then again it happened within the context of a pre-planned game plan...

anointed wrote:
txj wrote:Some of us have said this again and again about the English game and the thugs that masquerade as footballers.

Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

TD wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
mke1010 wrote:Waffiman- Modern medicine is amazing. Eduardo will play again even though this injury looked catastrophic today. People said the same thing about another athlete with a similar catastrophic on field injury. See below.

A guy named Willis McGahee in the NFL tore every single ligament in his knee and shredded his ACL. He was able to come back from the injury and even signed a multi million dollar contract last year. Here is a brief description of his injury.

In the early part of the fourth quarter during the 2003 Fiesta Bowl National Championship Game against Ohio State McGahee suffered a horrific injury when his left knee was hyper extended resulting in a complete dislocation in which he tore nearly all of the ligaments. This injury required several surgeries and extensive rehabilitation before he would be able to play again.

Prayers go out to Eduardo and his family. Keep the faith.
Just got a SMS from the Arsenal website I write for. Apparently, Eduardo's injury is not as bad as feared. His wife is reported to have said his ankle is not broken and he broke his fibula only. This is not confirmed but if true it is very good news indeed.
In light of this, do you now retract from your initial position that Mr Taylor be shot? 8-) . Perhaps now, a clubbing over the head with a cricket bat in a dark alley will suffice? :wink:
Nope! Give me a gun and I will do it. His knee caps will do nicely. :x :x
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Spot on txj. Mcleish was interviewed just before the game and he said he said they will have to stop Arsenal by being arggresive and physical. He got his player pumped up insturcting him to go kick the Arsenal players.

Annointed is no better than the Manure scum who are quietly rejoicing at Eduardo's demise because they feel it will give them an edge in the title race. They are scum and the sicken me.
txj wrote:Are you kidding me? Overreacting to what?
You have to put that tackle within the context of the STATED game plan of Mcleish and his Birmingham thugs...

That tackle did not just happen. Yes it may not have been premeditated by Taylor, but then again it happened within the context of a pre-planned game plan...

anointed wrote:

Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Sir V wrote:

And the English guys say it wasn't delibrate. They will always cover up for their own. Idiots!!!!!
Thank God he's english or else the papers and the tv and radio waves will be awashed with hate for foreigners.

Let's see what FA does, if nothing or a slap only, Eduardo should sue biggest time.
Globero
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Globero »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

May God help ...... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
From this day forth, I stand by the entity that is ARSENAL.
I'm in despair when we lose, I rejoice when we win and I become emotional for all that happens in between
but may no one dare say I was not there when its all said and done - Globero
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

It is quite abhorrent that some have descended to making references to Man Utd and Utd players including statements such as if Essien did it to Rooney, if it happened to Ronaldo, if it happened to a Utd player etc. Get a freaking life and ask that your minds be cleared of the filth. Even Essien would be livid that his name is used that way.
What has happened is terrible irrespective of what player or even person it happened to. Shame on you for descending to the gutters and making this an English vs foreigner, world vs Assanal, Us vs them etc. Truth is accidents happen in football and no one is happy this has gone down. What is there to gain from spilling all this hate, afterall Assanal itself is an English club, founded on their principles, ruled by their laws and managed within an all English FA. You may not like it but that's the truth.
It's time we stop the hate that pervades this website every once in a while. And shame on those that are taking advantage of this unfortunate incidence to spread hate. I'm not holding out for Taylor on whether he did it deliberately or not, but I have seen those tackles in football with different outcomes, both deliberate and non deliberate. Taylor will meet his fate.
How disgusting is it to start making references to other teams and other players? Even the best players mistime their tackles once in a while foreign or not foreign. Utd players, Assanal players, Chelsea players, Liverfool players, Birmingham etc. etc.
If you can prove that Taylor meant to break Eduardo's leg, pls go ahead and do that but pls stop taking advantage of the situation to spread hate. And before anyone says it's the anti Assanal that are seeking reason, pls look on other fan websites including Assanal ones and see that we're not a minority even amongst Assanal fans. Yet we have peeps defending their players here when such bad tackles happen.
What's most important right now is Eduardo's health, football is not everything. Extending Taylor's mishap to an entire people, nation or club is pure hate and unreasonable.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

dang... worse than i thought. :oops: wishing him a speedy recovery.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

So tried to do some research on Taylor, 0 red cards and 4 yellows in 8 seasons in the EPL. This is not a normal profile of a dirty player out to hurt others. What would we say if Andy Johnson had broken his leg after the tackle from Bartender which earned him a red card? It was bad luck that things were aligned for such a terrible leg break. Still I won't go all out to hold out for Taylor but I believe the two footed challenge on Diaby and Keano's tackle on Haaland were worse and looked more deliberate. Eboue for example was out maliciously and deliberately to hurt Evra perhaps it was in his subconscious that Evra won't be too badly hurt.
There's a combination of things that happened in that game for Gunners to be upset.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
lorenzo
Egg
Egg

Post by lorenzo »

Eduardo 'can't remember' Taylor's horror tackle

Eduardo da Silva has revealed he remembers little about the incident which saw him suffer a broken leg following a tackle by Martin Taylor during Arsenal's 2-2 draw with Birmingham yesterday.

The Croatia striker, 25 tomorrow, has been ruled out for the remainder of the season and will miss Euro 2008 but insists he is 'determined to overcome this injury.'

Taylor was immediately sent off following the incident in the third minute of the game at St Andrews provoking a ferocious response from Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger who said the Birmingham defender should never play again - although he later retracted his heat of the moment comments.

Eduardo told Arsenal's official website, www.arsenal.com: 'I don't remember the incident very well and it is not something that I want to see again on television or in the newspapers.

'All I remember is that when I fell, I looked down at my foot and it had turned the other way. The rest is just a blank. It was an unfortunate situation but these things can happen in football.

'I am unsure at the moment of the extent of the injury and how long I will be out of action for but I know that I won't be able to play for Arsenal for the rest of the season or be ready in time for the Euros this summer.

'But I'm not worried about that. My concentration and determination is on making as quick a recovery as possible. I am determined to overcome this injury.'

The striker, who was beginning to establish himself in the first team in recent weeks following a summer move from Dinamo Zagreb, was today transferred from Birmingham's Selly Oak Hospital to an unnamed London hospital, where he will undergo further treatment.

He paid tribute to all those who had offered him their support, saying: 'I would like to thank the medical team here at Arsenal for their efforts as well as the staff at Selly Oak Hospital who carried out the operation on Saturday night. Everyone there made me feel as comfortable as possible.

'I would also like to say how touched I am by the many messages of support I have received and to be surrounded by my loved ones at this time.'

Eduardo's words come after friction between the two clubs during the last 24 hours with Blues desperate to protect Taylor.

Birmingham defender Stephen Kelly believes the extent of Eduardo's horrific injury influenced referee Mike Dean's decision to red card Taylor during the Barclays Premier League clash.

He also hit back at Wenger's original comments, saying: 'I think Mr Wenger's (initial) comments after the game were so harsh. That is disgraceful talk from Arsene Wenger. It is terrible. You know the way Martin is. He slid along the ground.

'He has gone in with one foot. You see players going in week in and week out, diving in with two feet, and lunging and that sort of thing is a disgraceful challenge.

'It is a terrible thing for Wenger to say, especially about someone like Martin.'

Kelly feels the challenge barely merited a sending-off and believes Dean took into account the sickening setback suffered by Eduardo.

The former Tottenham player said: 'I don't think you can send a player off for that. That's football. It can happen. It is an accident. Tiny didn't go in two-footed. He didn't lunge. He didn't dive in.

'Everyone knows what Tiny is like. He is such a nice bloke. He has not got a malicious bone in his body so it was very harsh for the ref to see the broken leg and then send him off because of that.'

Blues boss Alex McLeish is confident a 'distraught' Taylor will be able to put the traumatic experience of inflicting the serious injury on Eduardo - however unintentional - behind him.

He said: 'We will give Martin support. Everyone here will support him. Most people in the game know Martin and I am sure he will get the support of everyone else because he is hurting at the moment.

'I would like to think it wouldn't affect him. He has made the challenge and Martin would always go for the ball honestly.

'Arsenal are feeling a bit angry about the whole thing at the moment so we will let the dust die before we make any reasoned approaches to them.'

However, Croatia captain Niko Kovac has blasted Taylor for the 'brutality' of the tackle saying: 'I can't believe this happened. Also, I can't believe such brutality still exists in football.

'I don't even want to speculate about the time of his (Eduardo's) absence. Let's wait for the doctors to give their opinion.'

Croatia manager Slaven Bilic said: 'This is horrible. The fact he won't play at the Euros is less important - most important is that he recovers as soon as possible and resumes his footballing career.

'He is a great guy. Of course I will visit him very soon, trying to cheer him up.'

As well as missing Euro 2008, Eduardo must also be considered extremely doubtful for the start of Croatia's 2010 World Cup qualifying programme, including their September 10 clash with England in Zagreb.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... 48&cc=3888