How old is John Utaka?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: How old is John Utaka?

Post by paj »

Jimi wrote:Serious answers only please. I have my reasons for asking.. Thanks.
:roll:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

General Trousers wrote:When you play football too much you can burn out. Utaka has played a lot of football. From Egypt to England ... sometimes players burn out ... man it is not easy.
...U dey mind these mugus?
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Utaka is in his mid 30s - 35 or 36 - according to my friend's wife who knows the family. When I told her Utaka claimed to be around 26, she couldn't stop laughing. That would have made him younger than his younger brothers and sisters.
Diabo
Egg
Egg

Post by Diabo »

I believe he is, as Moyes would put it, "a Nigerian 26" 8-) :lol:
realtrouble

Post by realtrouble »

cic old boy wrote:Utaka is in his mid 30s - 35 or 36 - according to my friend's wife who knows the family. When I told her Utaka claimed to be around 26, she couldn't stop laughing. That would have made him younger than his younger brothers and sisters.
Your friend wife is a busybody and liar. Utaka is under 30 years old.
lowzeewee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by lowzeewee »

Utaka looks like he is 30 but plays like he is 24.
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

I gathered from some very unreliable source (Nkiruka Amaka Utaka)that John is actually 22yrs old. :D :lol: :wink:
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Jimi wrote:You cats are funny.

Talk ish..STFU

I really think the career trajectory of a guy like Utaka, and say, Aghahowa has not followed an expected pattern. These guys have not suffered any major injuries, yet it seems we have been witnessing diminishing returns from these two guys for a while now. Utaka's play at the ANC was particularly unremarkable, and honestly characterized some slippage in erstwhile strong departments of his game. What is the problem?

Actually, Aghahowa has pretty much been riddled with injuries for much of his career in the Ukraine.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

mke1010 wrote:Jimi- he is older than he says he is officially. Most of our players are. The fact is that Okocha, Kanu and to a certain extent Taribo West are all freaks of nature. These guys did/are doing their thing well in to their very late 30s. Guys like Utakka/Agahowa do not appear to be so fortunate as to be able to cheat nature for quite so long.
There you go again trumpeting your half azzed bar room gosip as fact.

Here's one FACT for you to muddle up with your beer parlour gosip. Okocha is exactly how old he claims to be. That's a FACT... had he been using a false age, you would have claimed how can a 35 year old be semi retired? :roll:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
mke1010
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mke1010 »

Cellular wrote:
mke1010 wrote:Jimi- he is older than he says he is officially. Most of our players are. The fact is that Okocha, Kanu and to a certain extent Taribo West are all freaks of nature. These guys did/are doing their thing well in to their very late 30s. Guys like Utakka/Agahowa do not appear to be so fortunate as to be able to cheat nature for quite so long.
There you go again trumpeting your half azzed bar room gosip as fact.

Here's one FACT for you to muddle up with your beer parlour gosip. Okocha is exactly how old he claims to be. That's a FACT... had he been using a false age, you would have claimed how can a 35 year old be semi retired? :roll:
Yes all our players are using their real age. All this chatter is just beer palour gossip. Are you happy? Now climb back in to your cave of denial. :roll:
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

I have to counter CIC here. I have a player here who played for Greater Tomorrow and was also based in Enugu. This guy played in Enugu and Brazil and FYI was born in 1979! Well I used to go on and on and on about Utaka and he would say ~ "this guy I think I know him".

Well anyway he did know John Utaka. He said John played on his youth team and John was one of the younger players! He said colloquially ~ "John is a small boy to me". This was confirmed when he talked to John. In fact this player would talk to John quite often. John was born in 1982 and the story is settled.
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

To continue this discussion: These guys play too much soccer until they burn out. This is why it is good to get players when they are very young.

Utaka played in Egypt and underwent 3 African Champions League campaigns. He played against some of the most rugged African teams ... he then went to Qatar, then France and now England ... I think he needs is a good personal trainer to maintain his level. That is what he needs.
WINNERMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by WINNERMAN »

l understand you are trying to address what you consider to be a problem but your faceless brother's wife story doesnt prove anything. How are we to know that she is speaking the truth. THESE WILD ALLEGATIONS JUST MUDDLE UP THE WHOLE MESS, THEY ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM.

cic old boy wrote:Utaka is in his mid 30s - 35 or 36 - according to my friend's wife who knows the family. When I told her Utaka claimed to be around 26, she couldn't stop laughing. That would have made him younger than his younger brothers and sisters.
As for me and my house we will serve the LORD.-----JOSHUA 24 VS 15.

Life in Christ is not a change,it is an exchange. Your ashes for his beauty,your weakness for his strenght ,your destiny assured and a bonus of a victorious life on earth. lt is an irrestitible exchange.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

when people come wit these claims with no evidence,why wouldnt people form outside talk smack?
It seems liek once a player is outta form,and if he is nigerian,he is old.
U guys need to STFU.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
TD
Egg
Egg

Post by TD »

General Trousers wrote:I have to counter CIC here. I have a player here who played for Greater Tomorrow and was also based in Enugu. This guy played in Enugu and Brazil and FYI was born in 1979! Well I used to go on and on and on about Utaka and he would say ~ "this guy I think I know him".

Well anyway he did know John Utaka. He said John played on his youth team and John was one of the younger players! He said colloquially ~ "John is a small boy to me". This was confirmed when he talked to John. In fact this player would talk to John quite often. John was born in 1982 and the story is settled.
GT, Puh- leaze.

This is the one thing that makes it difficult to believe the attributed age of most Nigerian players. John Utaka has been playing football at a high level for almost 8 years now, most of that outside of Nigeria, and here you are telling us he was born in 1982.

I don't know his age, but I would have to be a total stranger to Nigeria to believe your contact's anecdotal accounts.
"The youth of a nation must, out of relative obscurity, discover it's mission, fulfill it or betray it"... Frantz Fanon
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

WINNERMAN wrote:l understand you are trying to address what you consider to be a problem but your faceless brother's wife story doesnt prove anything. How are we to know that she is speaking the truth. THESE WILD ALLEGATIONS JUST MUDDLE UP THE WHOLE MESS, THEY ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM.
My guy,

You ain't making much sense. I said nothing about my brother's wife. It was my friend's wife.

She may be "faceless" to you, but she is not to me.

She has nothing to prove to you or anyone. You are entirely within your rights to believe whatever you want to believe.

What exactly does she have to gain by making the claims I reported? She has no reason to lie about Utaka's age. Utaka has a lot of incentives for lying about his age.

There are nothing "wild" about her allegations. More like a reasonable estimate about Utaka's age from someone who knows the entire Utaka family.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

realtrouble wrote: Your friend wife is a busybody and liar. Utaka is under 30 years old.
You know as much about the woman as you know how old Utaka is.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

cic old boy wrote:
WINNERMAN wrote:l understand you are trying to address what you consider to be a problem but your faceless brother's wife story doesnt prove anything. How are we to know that she is speaking the truth. THESE WILD ALLEGATIONS JUST MUDDLE UP THE WHOLE MESS, THEY ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM.
My guy,

You ain't making much sense. I said nothing about my brother's wife. It was my friend's wife.

She may be "faceless" to you, but she is not to me.

She has nothing to prove to you or anyone. You are entirely within your rights to believe whatever you want to believe.
What exactly does she have to gain by making the claims I reported? She has no reason to lie about Utaka's age. Utaka has a lot of incentives for lying about his age.

There are nothing "wild" about her allegations. More like a reasonable estimate about Utaka's age from someone who knows the entire Utaka family.

exactly! that is why i belive what u just wrote about wat ur friend's wife said is a bunch of crap. :roll:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

bret- hart wrote: exactly! that is why i belive what u just wrote about wat ur friend's wife said is a bunch of crap. :roll:
:lol: If you believe Utaka is 26, you should also believe I own the Brooklyn Bridge.
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Why the "Puh-leaze"? Utaka knows my friend, they speak on the phone! My friend was BORN in 1979 and is OLDER than Utaka by BOTH their own admission. My friend used to coach Utaka because he coached the younger players. That means Utaka was born AFTER my friend ...

FYI - I have been following Utaka since his days at Ismaily. I know several players who have played in Egypt. Utaka lived in Egypt with his younger brother Peter and Peter is in Belgium.
TD wrote:
General Trousers wrote:I have to counter CIC here. I have a player here who played for Greater Tomorrow and was also based in Enugu. This guy played in Enugu and Brazil and FYI was born in 1979! Well I used to go on and on and on about Utaka and he would say ~ "this guy I think I know him".

GT, Puh- leaze.

This is the one thing that makes it difficult to believe the attributed age of most Nigerian players. John Utaka has been playing football at a high level for almost 8 years now, most of that outside of Nigeria, and here you are telling us he was born in 1982.

I don't know his age, but I would have to be a total stranger to Nigeria to believe your contact's anecdotal accounts.
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

cic old boy wrote:
bret- hart wrote: exactly! that is why i belive what u just wrote about wat ur friend's wife said is a bunch of crap. :roll:
:lol: If you believe Utaka is 26, you should also believe I own the Brooklyn Bridge.
This man was born in 1988

analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

When i judge a players age, i do so by comparing them with their teammates or their cohorts..

e.g Kanu..... While at ajax, he played with the likes of davids, kluivert and seedorf.... and i believe they where all within the same age bracket.... When you fastforward, they are all still playing with only seedorf playing at a higher level than the others....
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

General Trousers wrote: This man was born in 1988

Here we go again!

At least with him, his life can be accurately tracked from birth to present.