GUNNERS: The State of our Union as of March 1st, 2008...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Robbynice wrote:
felarey wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
felarey wrote:The state of the union is you have thrown away a 5 pt lead for the second time (or is it third :P ) 1 loss vs Utd's 4 and it's a one point lead. Later you'll want the whole world to feel sorry for you. Pressure's on you now, you've had your chances.

UNITED FOR LIFE!!! 8-) :D :D
Yet we still lead your useless team on the standings. We all still remember we your useless team was on top. They didn't last a week there. Yeye team... :twisted: :lol:
Yeah we didn't last a week, but we haven't gone 5 points clear for the third time in one season and blew it. Remember the trophy hasn't been handed out yet. You and I know that if Utd seize the top position with a 5 points gap, your best bet is a CL position. :P We seized it with 4 points on Oct 3, 2006 and remained there. Hope we teach you lot a bitter lesson on how not to sit on the lap of luxury afforded by a 5 point lead and let it standup. The race is on and the pressure is on you guys more than ever :P
How can the pressure be on us when no one gave us a chance in hell to even finish in the top 4? :? It will be a disappointment to manure and their fans if they don't win since they were favoured to repeat as champions from the get go even up till now. :twisted:
That was before the season started. If you win, it'll be more like phew we made it. If Utd wins, you'd be left rueing you had several chances to solidify the top spot and blew it each time. For Utd it'll be eating our cake and having it with a slow start to the season.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
TD
Egg
Egg
Re: GUNNERS: The State of our Union as of March 1st, 2008...

Post by TD »

Robbynice wrote:...Is strong IMO. Yes we dropped points last week and today and as if that is not bad enough, manure got maximum points from two games scoring a lot of goals in the process same as Chelsea but the long and short of it is that with all that and as of today with 28 games played we are still on top of the league. If before the start of the season, someone had told us Gunners that as of March 1st, 2008 we will be at the summit of the EPL with one point lead, I would have gladly jumped on it.

I am sure you guys are wondering why I believe the state of our union is strong, here you go. I looked at today's game and I noticed that we were missing 5 starters. Toure, Eboue, Rocisky, Eduardo, and RVP. My people it is no joke missing players of this calibre but that is our story right now. I remain optimistic because I know at least 4 of those players out with injuries will be back before the season is over. And that should help with the home stretch of the league and hopefully CL play. Nobody said it was going to be easy but I believe strongly that we will get the job done.

With that said, I believe we lack depth. Diaby is not even a bench player IMO talk less of a starter. Dude was rubbish on the green grass today from start till when he was substituted. Theo did well but he is not it, a starter that is. Gilberto sef don turn to wastepipe for bench. Senderros has played well be he is not a starter. We have ourselves to blame for this because Wenger is not spending to bring world class and "ready to make impact from day one" type of players. Without such players, we are always going to struggle to win trophies if we win at all.

In conclusion, I believed prior to today's game and still believe after the game that when it is all said and done, Arsenal will hoist the EPL cup. It is not going to be easy but it can be done and hopefully it will.

Next: At San Siro against AC Milan. I don't know if we will win or lose this one but what I do know is that on that day, on the green grass somebody go hear wen! 8-)
Famous last words ! :lol: :lol:
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Vincent. wrote:When did Arsenal become a union?

A union of what and what? :)
A union of flips and flops.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

TD wrote:
Robbynice wrote:...Is strong IMO. Yes we dropped points last week and today and as if that is not bad enough, manure got maximum points from two games scoring a lot of goals in the process same as Chelsea but the long and short of it is that with all that and as of today with 28 games played we are still on top of the league. If before the start of the season, someone had told us Gunners that as of March 1st, 2008 we will be at the summit of the EPL with one point lead, I would have gladly jumped on it.

I am sure you guys are wondering why I believe the state of our union is strong, here you go. I looked at today's game and I noticed that we were missing 5 starters. Toure, Eboue, Rocisky, Eduardo, and RVP. My people it is no joke missing players of this calibre but that is our story right now. I remain optimistic because I know at least 4 of those players out with injuries will be back before the season is over. And that should help with the home stretch of the league and hopefully CL play. Nobody said it was going to be easy but I believe strongly that we will get the job done.

With that said, I believe we lack depth. Diaby is not even a bench player IMO talk less of a starter. Dude was rubbish on the green grass today from start till when he was substituted. Theo did well but he is not it, a starter that is. Gilberto sef don turn to wastepipe for bench. Senderros has played well be he is not a starter. We have ourselves to blame for this because Wenger is not spending to bring world class and "ready to make impact from day one" type of players. Without such players, we are always going to struggle to win trophies if we win at all.

In conclusion, I believed prior to today's game and still believe after the game that when it is all said and done, Arsenal will hoist the EPL cup. It is not going to be easy but it can be done and hopefully it will.

Next: At San Siro against AC Milan. I don't know if we will win or lose this one but what I do know is that on that day, on the green grass somebody go hear wen! 8-)
Famous last words ! :lol: :lol:
Like Hillary.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ziontrain »

mmeny wrote: The so called guys which we are trying not to stop thier growth have been found wanting... Thrashing here and there. ...... I rest my case.
Hmmm, if you look at the past two games, explain to us who is responsible for the three goals that have saved us from having two crushing losses in those games?

The answer would be: Walcott and Bendtner. Two goals from Walcott at Birmingham while paying on the wing and one from Bendtner in a mere 30 mins yesterday, to save our bacon.

Those salvaged points provided by these kids have at least kept us going and managing to stay in the lead, while the seniors are AWOL and still "in shock" after Eduardo's injury.

You just need to rest - period. You have no case.
"Jose Mourinho favoured directness and used to throw Robert Huth or John Terry up front when Chelsea were chasing the game, a ploy associated with the industrial era of English football management."
- The Guardian UK, November 26, 2007
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Robbynice wrote:Next: At San Siro against AC Milan. I don't know if we will win or lose this one but what I do know is that on that day, on the green grass somebody go hear wen! 8-)
KPOM! Somebody did hear wen today on the green grass... :twisted:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Globero
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Globero »

Robbynice wrote:
Robbynice wrote:Next: At San Siro against AC Milan. I don't know if we will win or lose this one but what I do know is that on that day, on the green grass somebody go hear wen! 8-)
.... Arsenal for life ! :D
From this day forth, I stand by the entity that is ARSENAL.
I'm in despair when we lose, I rejoice when we win and I become emotional for all that happens in between
but may no one dare say I was not there when its all said and done - Globero
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Robbynice wrote:

i think somebody's head no dey house :oops:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ziontrain »

Another excellent contribution from Walcott yesteday, laying on that goal on a platter for Adebayor.

Yet some people continue to miss the point: this the only way our younger 2nd-line players can grow: they have to have the chance too PLAY, not sit in the stands while we over pay for bench materials.
"Jose Mourinho favoured directness and used to throw Robert Huth or John Terry up front when Chelsea were chasing the game, a ploy associated with the industrial era of English football management."
- The Guardian UK, November 26, 2007
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Robbynice wrote:
Robbyjinx...Thanks a lot for not predicting an Arsenal win.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Ziontrain wrote:
mmeny wrote: The so called guys which we are trying not to stop thier growth have been found wanting... Thrashing here and there. ...... I rest my case.
Hmmm, if you look at the past two games, explain to us who is responsible for the three goals that have saved us from having two crushing losses in those games?

The answer would be: Walcott and Bendtner. Two goals from Walcott at Birmingham while paying on the wing and one from Bendtner in a mere 30 mins yesterday, to save our bacon.

Those salvaged points provided by these kids have at least kept us going and managing to stay in the lead, while the seniors are AWOL and still "in shock" after Eduardo's injury.

You just need to rest - period. You have no case.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

The state of the union is harmonious and strong despite recent trails and tribulations.

Remember what they said in August, Spuds will be in the top 4 and Arsenal will struggle to be in the top 6. G4L famously said, the other teams will not stand still while we try to make up the points deficit. The other teams he reckoned will spend more money and get stronger while Arsenal will fall further behind. Today, G4L and his friends are looking up the arse in the league table. They forgot there Arsene Wenger at Arsenal, while Manure, Chelski etc. etc, were spending millions, Wenger was signing for another 4 years for free. :D :D :D

We have won nothing yet, but we are still in there fighting for the silverware, something the CE critics said will never happen. As a Gooner, even though we never win jack, you gotta be loving it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

Waffiman wrote:Image

The state of the union is harmonious and strong despite recent trails and tribulations.

Remember what they said in August, Spuds will be in the top 4 and Arsenal will struggle to be in the top 6. G4L famously said, the other teams will not stand still while we try to make up the points deficit. The other teams he reckoned will spend more money and get stronger while Arsenal will fall further behind. Today, G4L and his friends are looking up the arse in the league table. They forgot there Arsene Wenger at Arsenal, while Manure, Chelski etc. etc, were spending millions, Wenger was signing for another 4 years for free. :D :D :D

We have won nothing yet, but we are still in there fighting for the silverware, something the CE critics said will never happen. As a Gooner, even though we never win jack, you gotta be loving it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
KPOM!!!
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
kulu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kulu »

elerineye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Image

KPOM!!!

Kpom!
"How can someone qualify his country for the World Cup and then, because he lost a match, everyone is saying they should sack him. Please allow the man to do his work. Nobody is perfect, but if someone can qualify his country for the World Cup, then he deserves some respect. I even heard that it is the second time he has qualified Nigeria for the World Cup. That is huge". - French legend Alain Giresse on Nigeria's Shuaibu Amodu, 2010
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

How's the union as of Sunday night? Robby abeg, any update?
Or you have gone to bed? Or is there a Moderator Meeting that I am not aware of????

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]tfco[/color] wrote: How's the union as of Sunday night? Robby abeg, any update?
Or you have gone to bed? Or is there a Moderator Meeting that I am not aware of????
The state of the union is in shock :lol:.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Globero
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Globero »

tfco wrote:How's the union as of Sunday night? Robby abeg, any update?
If that meeting were taking place in your living room, you still would'nt hear of it ! :lol:
I'm in despair when we lose, I rejoice when we win and I become emotional for all that happens in between
Globero
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Globero »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]tfco[/color] wrote: How's the union as of Sunday night? Robby abeg, any update?

Leave our Union alone ! :P

Dirty SPUDITE ! :twisted:
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Globero[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:

I see. You are in a state of denial :lol:.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
TD
Egg
Egg

Post by TD »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]Globero[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:

I see. You are in a state of denial :lol:.
Ol boy, you no hear.

Wenger now says the League is not important. Their focus is on the ECL :lol:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

The Union is in dissarray.

Hell, Spurs will win more trophies than Les Arse :P
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Globero wrote:
tfco wrote:How's the union as of Sunday night? Robby abeg, any update?
If that meeting were taking place in your living room, you still would'nt hear of it ! :lol:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Thanks guys for the refreshingly original discourse on the state of our union :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: .

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]