KOLO TOURE IS A GARBAGE DEFENDER

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Da Chief
Egg
Egg

Post by Da Chief »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Da Chief wrote:I think it's safe to say Arsenal will be buying at the end of the season. At least they will make two purchases. Peeps keeping on about wingers that are incapable of scoring but what Arsenal desperately needs is a solid, prolific striker like Henry who can play center forward and from the wings.
Our strikers have delivered. People said how do we replace Hnery's goals, but we have done that. We do not need a striker.
I think people forget that the "Garbage" Adebayor out scored El Nino over the two legs. First goal put up 1-0 at home in the first leg only for us to concede the equaliser 3 minutes later after Kolo lost out to Gerrard. Last night his goal with a few minutes left should have put us though to the semi finals but Kolo lost the plot and the ref was a prat.

We have far more urgent needs, also why can't people accept that Ade is still improving and he is far from the finished article? I agree we do need another striker but only as foil for Ade much like Dudu was prior to his chatostraphic
injury.
What you guys are refusing to accept is that Ade is easily pocketed by defenders and requires a clear cut chance to score. And when he gets those chances, you can be sure he will fluff some. If Arsenal had Henry who can get away from defenders, torment them, score easily from outside the box, edges and in the box, it would have been an easy victory for them. When it comes to crunch games like yesterday's, opposing team won't be generous, they will defend tightly and make you pay for minor defensive blunders. Clubs who recognize when quality players are available quickly buy especially for occasions like these. Torres showed that quality with his goal. He was given just enough space, thought quickly and placed perfectly. Quality player, quality price, quality goal. Ryan Babel was available, Arsenal was pussyfooting on whether or not to pay up. Injuries are a fact of football. You can't rely on your first 11 to be available for 60 games in a season. Some will be sidelined by injuries, others will be suspended. Having said these, I am a supporter of giving opportunities to young inexperienced players but you need depth and Arsenal lacks that.

If I were Arsene, I'll definitely get a top striker, a left winger (Clichy is overworked on the left side for a defender) and a right winger. As long as Sagna returns from injury, there is nothing wrong with the defence. There is no reason Kolo Toure and Gallas can't form a solid partnership like Martin Keown and Tony Adams. Clichy is superb. Arsenal have a fine keeper in Jens Lehmann. So what if he blundered b4? The midfielders are all good
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him for forgiveness. – Emo Philips.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hh96Ex-94s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SFGR1HWcdY&feature=fvw
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Da Chief wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Da Chief wrote:I think it's safe to say Arsenal will be buying at the end of the season. At least they will make two purchases. Peeps keeping on about wingers that are incapable of scoring but what Arsenal desperately needs is a solid, prolific striker like Henry who can play center forward and from the wings.
Our strikers have delivered. People said how do we replace Hnery's goals, but we have done that. We do not need a striker.
I think people forget that the "Garbage" Adebayor out scored El Nino over the two legs. First goal put up 1-0 at home in the first leg only for us to concede the equaliser 3 minutes later after Kolo lost out to Gerrard. Last night his goal with a few minutes left should have put us though to the semi finals but Kolo lost the plot and the ref was a prat.

We have far more urgent needs, also why can't people accept that Ade is still improving and he is far from the finished article? I agree we do need another striker but only as foil for Ade much like Dudu was prior to his chatostraphic
injury.
What you guys are refusing to accept is that Ade is easily pocketed by defenders and requires a clear cut chance to score. And when he gets those chances, you can be sure he will fluff some. If Arsenal had Henry who can get away from defenders, torment them, score easily from outside the box, edges and in the box, it would have been an easy victory for them. When it comes to crunch games like yesterday's, opposing team won't be generous, they will defend tightly and make you pay for minor defensive blunders. Clubs who recognize when quality players are available quickly buy especially for occasions like these. Torres showed that quality with his goal. He was given just enough space, thought quickly and placed perfectly. Quality player, quality price, quality goal. Ryan Babel was available, Arsenal was pussyfooting on whether or not to pay up. Injuries are a fact of football. You can't rely on your first 11 to be available for 60 games in a season. Some will be sidelined by injuries, others will be suspended. Having said these, I am a supporter of giving opportunities to young inexperienced players but you need depth and Arsenal lacks that.

If I were Arsene, I'll definitely get a top striker, a left winger (Clichy is overworked on the left side for a defender) and a right winger. As long as Sagna returns from injury, there is nothing wrong with the defence. There is no reason Kolo Toure and Gallas can't form a solid partnership like Martin Keown and Tony Adams. Clichy is superb. Arsenal have a fine keeper in Jens Lehmann. So what if he blundered b4? The midfielders are all good
Are you sure you know Adebayors game? :roll: :roll: Adebayor has made a career in the EPL from getting away from defenders. Besides, he scored two goals against Liverpool, more than Torres.

You mention Babbel, we wanted him but not at a stupid price. He was on the bench, this is a clear indication of the fact that he has been disappointing at Liverpool most of this season. He dived for a penalty and got a goal from the break does not make him a world beater. The fact is, he has looked far from a world beater, confirming the fact that Arsene was right not to spend that stupid money Liverpool paid for him. Wenger was right to get Sagna and Eduardo for far less than what Benitez paid for Babel. Arsene will be getting more top quality players at the right pice this summer.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
quickie
Egg
Egg

Post by quickie »

Senator WIRES wrote: JAIDI of Tunsia would have made the difference yesterday.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Still watching videos of ANC 2004?

Q
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

quickie wrote:
Senator WIRES wrote: JAIDI of Tunsia would have made the difference yesterday.
Still watching videos of ANC 2004?

Q
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

Waffiman wrote:
Da Chief wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

injury.

Are you sure you know Adebayors game? :roll: :roll: Adebayor has made a career in the EPL from getting away from defenders. Besides, he scored two goals against Liverpool, more than Torres.

You mention Babbel, we wanted him but not at a stupid price. He was on the bench, this is a clear indication of the fact that he has been disappointing at Liverpool most of this season. He dived for a penalty and got a goal from the break does not make him a world beater. The fact is, he has looked far from a world beater, confirming the fact that Arsene was right not to spend that stupid money Liverpool paid for him. Wenger was right to get Sagna and Eduardo for far less than what Benitez paid for Babel. Arsene will be getting more top quality players at the right pice this summer.
Waffi , how do you know about the above in bold? Please provide credible links. Because BBC at http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 733191.stm listed Sagna and Eduardo as undisclosed while babel is listed at 11.5Mil. Oya, over to u! Let the deconstructing begins.........
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

GG of G wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Da Chief wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

injury.

Waffi , how do you know about the above in bold? Please provide credible links. Because BBC at http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 733191.stm listed Sagna and Eduardo as undisclosed while babel is listed at 11.5Mil. Oya, over to u! Let the deconstructing begins.........
Waffi - to help you .......this site http://www.betinf.com/england_transfer.htm listed Sagna at 9Mil Euros, Eduardo at 15Mil Euro and Bbel at 17 Mil. Now kindly explain how 9 + 15 = 24 is far less than 17. Please explain the school of mathematics that that belongs to. Let the deconstrcuting begins .........On truth I stand!
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Waffiman wrote:Arsenal have the numbers but they are kids who are very talented. What Arsenal lack is expereinced tough pros like Keown, Remi Garde, Adams, Lauren etc. etc to guide you through. For example, we conceeded so badly after we scored with 8 minutes to go. An old head would have made such a difference.
YUJAM wrote:He definitely has not looked the same since his injury at the ANC. But I don't think this drop in form is enough grounds to write him off as a garbage defender especially when you judge this period against his largely stellar career.

My take on the Arsenal issue is that their squad is not deep enough. This means some players have had to play an inordinate amount of games so far this season. The rigors of playing so many games has taken a toll on players like Kolo and yes, Cesc who is not as prolific as he was earlier in the season.
vancity eagle wrote:
YUJAM wrote:You guys are too quick to write-off players. It is actually beginning to become quite laughable. On CE a player can go from hero to zero in a millisecond. :lol:
yujam he has been making stupid mistakes for some time now, why do you think CIV has been leaking goals so much lately.
:shock: :shock:
height of idiocy on this forum is just beyond belief :D
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Vindave wrote:
bepanda wrote:Has Kollo Toure ever been World Class? Remember, when Webo (Cameroon ) scored 3 goals on him in Abidjan? Remember how, 2 weeks ago Didier Drogba abused him against Chelsea? It wasn't only the goals, DD scored. DD beat Kollo on every long ball. I mean, the ball is in the air for 4 minutes and DD still beats Kollo to it ... Give me a break. That's a pathetic defender.

I don't know, when Kollo has ever been a "World Class" defender.

Arsenal needs some true nasty Defenders.
Why are you talking like this, is it a crime for somebody to respect his ELDER BROTHER on the pitch? At least me and you know that if DD is not Toure big brother, DD can't do nothing against the world class wastepipe.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

Martins exposed this dude already 7 yrs ago, dude is a bum. A worldclass striker will always exposed him. Drogba, eto'o, etc. will score @ will playing against him.
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Waffiman wrote:
Da Chief wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

injury.

Yeah babel is a wastepipe :lol: :lol:

wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

GG of G wrote:
GG of G wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Da Chief wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

injury.

Waffi - to help you .......this site http://www.betinf.com/england_transfer.htm listed Sagna at 9Mil Euros, Eduardo at 15Mil Euro and Bbel at 17 Mil. Now kindly explain how 9 + 15 = 24 is far less than 17. Please explain the school of mathematics that that belongs to. Let the deconstrcuting begins .........On truth I stand!
:roll: :roll: :roll:
mblack
Egg
Egg

Post by mblack »

wale1974 wrote:
GG of G wrote:
GG of G wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Da Chief wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote: Our strikers have delivered. People said how do we replace Hnery's goals, but we have done that. We do not need a striker.

injury.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
lol
Bring your life style to me I'll make it better. Murder Was The Case. Snoop Dogg, DoggStyle Nov 23, 1993
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

this is what can happen when u convert midfielder to a defender. First, lauren. Then toure. Both Africans under wenger's watch. Alex Song berra watch out.
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

Was it not the same kolomitous Toure that self dribbled himself out of the way for the Egyptian attacker to score in egypt?
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

mapet wrote:Was it not the same kolomitous Toure that self dribbled himself out of the way for the Egyptian attacker to score in egypt?
:D :D

Arsenal defender Kolo Toure has admitted that the manner of his side's Champions League elimination at the hands of Liverpool was "hard to accept."

http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=652767
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Waffiman wrote:Arsenal have the numbers but they are kids who are very talented. What Arsenal lack is expereinced tough pros like Keown, Remi Garde, Adams, Lauren etc. etc to guide you through. For example, we conceeded so badly after we scored with 8 minutes to go. An old head would have made such a difference.
YUJAM wrote:He definitely has not looked the same since his injury at the ANC. But I don't think this drop in form is enough grounds to write him off as a garbage defender especially when you judge this period against his largely stellar career.

My take on the Arsenal issue is that their squad is not deep enough. This means some players have had to play an inordinate amount of games so far this season. The rigors of playing so many games has taken a toll on players like Kolo and yes, Cesc who is not as prolific as he was earlier in the season.
vancity eagle wrote:
YUJAM wrote:You guys are too quick to write-off players. It is actually beginning to become quite laughable. On CE a player can go from hero to zero in a millisecond. :lol:
yujam he has been making stupid mistakes for some time now, why do you think CIV has been leaking goals so much lately.
Yea, but when they are available you guys always say "they are not Arsenal type players" as in they don't revel in tip-tip-tap with no end product. Look at Yak you guys will be here telling us he is not an Arsenal type player, well what have you won with these your Arsenal type players? Was it not when you had these hard men low-skill players that you guys were winning?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
tendai101
Egg
Egg

Post by tendai101 »

Leave Kolo Tore alone, the real culprit for the first two liverpool goals is the ever bumbling Senderos :twisted: :twisted:
The wise speak when they have something to say,
fools speak when they have to say something.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Its our business to stir it up
khalela
Egg
Egg

Post by khalela »

mapet wrote:Was it not the same kolomitous Toure that self dribbled himself out of the way for the Egyptian attacker to score in egypt?
We need to query that Indian guy for the kind iwin wey e give Kolo.The chap has not recovered from the ghost he saw in Ghana :lol: :lol:
It was that the pasillo was followed by a paseo - a walk in the park. That Madrid ran out 4-1 winners and lead Barcelona by 17 points, that Barcelona can no longer get second place and could only watch as Ruud van Nistelrooy and Higuaín scored with their first touches, as Mahamadou Diarra ran rings around their midfield and as the Bernabéu roared "¡olé!" That Joan Laporta listened to fans - Madrid fans - chanting: "Laporta please stay!"

Sid Lowe,2008
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: KOLO TOURE IS A GARBAGE DEFENDER

Post by Cellular »

vancity eagle wrote:Folks I'm sorry to say that this brothers time as one of the worlds best CB's is unfortunately over. Is there any wonder why CIV have been leaking goals so badly ? It is not just down to their poor goalkeeping problems, but Toure is just not good enough, he is quite poor actually. Who remembers how he lost the semi final game for CIV when he started running around the pitch like a man possessed instead of simply marking his man. Today he singlehandedly lost the game for Arsenal and cost them a semifinal birth. THe second goal he was ball watching and allowed Torres to latch onto a ball he never should have gotten. THe third goal, he pulled down Babel for no reason even though Gallas already had it covered. CIV are my second team and I used to be a big fan of Toure, but he will be nothing short of a disaster for CIV, I hereby declare Kolo Toure certified wastepipe.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

Kolo Toure was one of the world's best CDs...he all of a sudden is now a garbage player?
The guy was played out of position at right back. His strong suit is at the central defense...because Senderos couldn't play at that position Wenger decided to play Toure there.
He's a quality world class central defender.
Even Canavarro and Maldini at the top of their game were still prone to mistakes from time to time.
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

WINNERMAN wrote:Kolo Toure's achilles has been evident for all who are objective. He has made unpardonable errors every year since the raping by Martins a few years ago. Most of his mistakes happen at the bussiness end of the season, which is why l am not buying the idea that he is off form.He needs his defensive pair doing well or he falls apart. l kept saying it here that he is not better than Yobo, l hope we can all see that now. Arsene should get a solid CD and keep him on the bench.
something's wrong with Kolo...do you remember how Crouch torched him earlier this season, or was it last season?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
zoldsasok
Egg
Egg

Post by zoldsasok »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
WINNERMAN wrote:Kolo Toure's achilles has been evident for all who are objective. He has made unpardonable errors every year since the raping by Martins a few years ago. Most of his mistakes happen at the bussiness end of the season, which is why l am not buying the idea that he is off form.He needs his defensive pair doing well or he falls apart. l kept saying it here that he is not better than Yobo, l hope we can all see that now. Arsene should get a solid CD and keep him on the bench.
something's wrong with Kolo...do you remember how Crouch torched him earlier this season, or was it last season?
viewtopic.php?t=118207&highlight=
zoldasok wrote:
KwabenaDankwa wrote:
Why did Kolo T turn his back on Zaki right at the edge of the penalty box???

Na JUJU, didn’t you hear and see the sacrifice that the Egyptians did with the cow???
As Kolo was going to mark Zaki, he looked up and saw a monster 8ft tall with 6 heads, 12legs, 16horns with 20 eyes, so turned around to ask his keeper "did you see that" but by the time he turned to look again ball don enter net, so no blame the boy oh
kulu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kulu »

zoldsasok wrote:Na JUJU, didn’t you hear and see the sacrifice that the Egyptians did with the cow???

I stopped right there... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"How can someone qualify his country for the World Cup and then, because he lost a match, everyone is saying they should sack him. Please allow the man to do his work. Nobody is perfect, but if someone can qualify his country for the World Cup, then he deserves some respect. I even heard that it is the second time he has qualified Nigeria for the World Cup. That is huge". - French legend Alain Giresse on Nigeria's Shuaibu Amodu, 2010