Cruyff tips Barca to beat 'long ball' United

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Liverpool, an English side that plays long ball kicked Barca out of this same competition last year. Did he not advice Frank? Where was he it then?
ManU all the way.
tendai101
Egg
Egg

Post by tendai101 »

Hope the real Thiery Henry stands up to be counted for this one. Its tailor made for him having played in the EPL for ages

The midfield will need work overtime because we know how quickly United move the ball and are also dangerous at set pieces. Will be interesting to see who rijkaard starts with between Iniesta and Deco
The wise speak when they have something to say,
fools speak when they have to say something.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Its our business to stir it up
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

joplass wrote:Liverpool, an English side that plays long ball kicked Barca out of this same competition last year. Did he not advice Frank? Where was he it then?
ManU all the way.
Johann is mistaking manU with Liverpool & Chelsea both of whom knocked barca out in recent prior CL's while using a direct approach. Manu is not a route one team but they are direct in their approach especially on the counter. If barca fails to control their counter, it could get ugly.
seyiblack
Egg
Egg

Post by seyiblack »

That is pure wishful thinking. I do not see Barca beating Man U either home or away.
Support our boys regardless of coach, ethnicity of players and pure jealousy.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Dog Bruno wrote:
mcal wrote:What's the beef with long ball?

If u have fast attackers why not launch it, why dilly dally thru middle when u can send a police ball :roll:

How's that working for Nigeria and Aiyegbeni?.....yes before you tell me, he was the leading scorer.
The leading scorer scored 1 goal in the ANC.
ol boy u dey mistake me for someone else. I never said yak na top scorer, infact I called for him not to go to ANC.

Dude is too fat, and I hope he's reading this. SE need young fast strikers in the mold of Martins, Ike Uche, etc.
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

YemiBrazil wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: James Bond wayo man... why not make a deal if you are so sure of Barca in this game?
MI5 wrote:Hahahaha Unfortunately.. I do not make deals with manure fans... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: There are no deals to make... I expect Barca to win here.. :lol: :lol:
YemiBrazil wrote:Ok, i've been trying to nail you for a very long time - let's have it this way:

1.) If Barcelona beat the great Manchester United of the whole universe home and away I will use Barren Munchies' jersey or logo as my avatar till the opening day of 2008/2009 season (EPL).

2.) If Manchester United dump Barcelona and qualify for the final, you will use United's jersey or logo till the opening day of 2008/2009 season. (Choi, my belle don dey sweet for this prospect already!! :P ).

So are you game or you don turn to jelly like Bayern against the great Energie Cottbus??
MI5 wrote:I tip Barcelona to trash Manure home and away... :lol: :lol: :P
YemiBrazil wrote:I tip Cottbus Energie to beat 'boring' Barren Munchies again!! :roll:
who dash agric James Kura, bobo na correct Frank Spencer or Johnny English
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

green4life wrote:
joplass wrote:Liverpool, an English side that plays long ball kicked Barca out of this same competition last year. Did he not advice Frank? Where was he it then?
ManU all the way.
Johann is mistaking manU with Liverpool & Chelsea both of whom knocked barca out in recent prior CL's while using a direct approach. Manu is not a route one team but they are direct in their approach especially on the counter. If barca fails to control their counter, it could get ugly.
To be honest with you. Cruyff is a very intelligent articulate man, he could have given the interview in Dutch, Spanish or Catalan and the interview has been lifted by the English press and reported sensationally and wrongly.

I really do not believe he will call Manure a long ball team.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

I don talk am already we will wipe the floor with Manure as long as our defence dont concede yeye goals..because I know Manure's defence will not.

Barca are the only team in Europe that can match Manure for Speed and power upfront, Henry, Etoo and Messi. But because of the quality of Barca in midfield(Deco,Iniesta, Xavi & Yaya), we will outplay Manure in midfield and will be more comfortable in possesion of the ball and in their final third.

Manure will try to increase the tempo and power of the game like most English sides do, but as long as our midfield do what they have to do....there should be no problem. This football in this tie should be like the Manure v Arsenal game last week where Arsenal showed they were the better side technically except that unlike Arsenal Barca have the quality and incisiveness upfront to put Manure away.

I am particularly looking forward to this tie because I have been annoyed at reports in the press lately and by key Manure players claiming falsely that they play like Brazil. Cruyff is spot on here, Manure are not a outfit that play with a lot of skill and flair, their game is based on pace and power as it has always been. Barca have to show them how it is done...
To God be the glory
quickie
Egg
Egg

Post by quickie »

Skylolo wrote:I don talk am already we will wipe the floor with Manure as long as our defence dont concede yeye goals..because I know Manure's defence will not.

Barca are the only team in Europe that can match Manure for Speed and power upfront, Henry, Etoo and Messi. But because of the quality of Barca in midfield(Deco,Iniesta, Xavi & Yaya), we will outplay Manure in midfield and will be more comfortable in possesion of the ball and in their final third.

Manure will try to increase the tempo and power of the game like most English sides do, but as long as our midfield do what they have to do....there should be no problem. This football in this tie should be like the Manure v Arsenal game last week where Arsenal showed they were the better side technically except that unlike Arsenal Barca have the quality and incisiveness upfront to put Manure away.

Sky,

Have you decamped from Gunners to Barca?? Deadbody never even cold....na wa o! :lol: :lol:

Q
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

quickie wrote:
Skylolo wrote:I don talk am already we will wipe the floor with Manure as long as our defence dont concede yeye goals..because I know Manure's defence will not.

Sky,

Have you decamped from Gunners to Barca?? Deadbody never even cold....na wa o! :lol: :lol:

Q
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

haha funny, barcelona do not have defensive midfield players, only yaya toure, barcelona is a team that plays with a lot of flair, their defence is a bit shaky at the moment, the team with the better dwefence will win the game home and away
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

man utd are very beatable:

:P
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Waffiman wrote:
quickie wrote:

Sky,

Q
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
My brothers....

I am Gooner at heart as I have always been.....but my team in Spain is Barca. Given their style of play I am sure you can understand why I support them. And now that they are playing Manre... :twisted:

Despite my silence I share the pain with all Gooners as per our collapse in the final stages of this season I kinda knew what as gonna happen with Arsenal when Martin Taylor brutally cut down Eduardo, since then I kinda knew our challenge would fizzle out on all fronts with Adebayor as the sole senior frontman left. But while Adebayor has taken a major share of the blame for our failings this season on CE, I disagree....

Adebayor is not a great striker we all knew that, but Dude has done well for us this season and instead of selling him like some are suggesting I think we should build on what we have got cos dude has some important qualities. Personally I think our defence and "tiredness" was what killed us off eventually, the goals against Aston Villa, Boro and Cokesea were due to lack of cencentration in our defence and personally it was in those matches that we handed the title to Manure not at Old toilet last week!

We need a bigger squad and better hope Eduardo comes back the same player cos that guy is World Class men.Wengers words that he will only buy "1" experienced player is a white lie. What he means is that this squad is 1 player short and personally I think that player is a CD who can play at full back. What Wenger will do like last season though is get rid of players who aint contributing enough or pulling their weight and replace them with better players and to be fair to Le boss if they are anything like BAC!, and Eduardo we will win something next season. 8-)

I have watched on from the sidelines as the Press, Talksport and some impatient Arsenal fans have laid into Wenger and the lads in the last few weeks. Yes Wenger has made some mistakes but I remember when I was at the Emirates last summer for the Emirates Cup, if anyone told me then that we will challenge for anything this season I would have laughed out loud and not with our dynamite attacking trio Rosicky, Van P and Eduardo injured for half the season as well. This team has done remarkably well and just needs the final pieces now to go on and achieve something.

Wenger is spot on after the loss to Manure, keep the core of the team(Song, Djorou, Denilson and Walcott have also grown a year older and extra reliance can be placed on them as squad members)..and in the summer build on that with 3 quality players.

C'mon You Gunners!
To God be the glory
quickie
Egg
Egg

Post by quickie »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Haba Sky,
Not questioning your allegiance at all, :wink: :wink: was just taken aback when I saw Barca addressed as "we" and Gunners as "they"
Abeg, how does this "My team in Spain" work? if we happen to meet Barca, you'll be torn between two teams? Na wa o!!
I like you sha, so make thirsty Gooners show small patience for a few more barren years but you'll go and drink champagne with barca during victory parades meanwhile? That one na win-win situ now!

Well, God dey! Help us greet Titi & Sylvinho for that yonder.

Hopefully we go see you at the emirates in the future
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Q
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

quickie wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Haba Sky,
Not questioning your allegiance at all, :wink: :wink: was just taken aback when I saw Barca addressed as "we" and Gunners as "they"
Abeg, how does this "My team in Spain" work? if we happen to meet Barca, you'll be torn between two teams? Na wa o!!
I like you sha, so make thirsty Gooners show small patience for a few more barren years but you'll go and drink champagne with barca during victory parades meanwhile? That one na win-win situ now!

Q
Quickie seriously you don craze finish... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Defintely man go jam Emirates for the Emirates tournament this year. My team in Italy - "Juventus" has been invited.. :lol: :lol: , I don tell my Cousin say he no need my authorisation to purchase my tickets. :P I go plan am well well this year so no quick return to Yorkshire after the game..hopefully I can meet yourself and Waffiman this time, I still get your # so I go holler you when the time comes.

Then you can tell me all the "jagbajantis" wey you dey talk about my boy Hleb to my face... :twisted: :lol:
To God be the glory
quickie
Egg
Egg

Post by quickie »

Skylolo wrote:
Haba Sky,

Q

Defintely man go jam Emirates for the Emirates tournament this year. My team in Italy - "Juventus" has been invited.. :lol: :lol: , I don tell my Cousin say he no need my authorisation to purchase my tickets. :P I go plan am well well this year so no quick return to Yorkshire after the game..hopefully I can meet yourself and Waffiman this time, I still get your # so I go holler you when the time comes.

Then you can tell me all the "jagbajantis" wey you dey talk about my boy Hleb to my face... :twisted: :lol:
You get Serie A team as well?
Well just to clarify before next African Nations cup, although I subscribe 'wholly' to SE,
"my North African team" is Egypt,
"my Francophone west african team" is CIV
"my portuguese team" is Angola
"my central african team" is cameroon
"my short team" is Ghana

"We" must win that cup :wink: :wink:

See you for summer, I go tell blood thirsty guys for emirates say na you scout Beast & Hleb for prof, make we see how many limbs you go carry comot there :wink: :wink: :wink:

Q
khalela
Egg
Egg

Post by khalela »

Skylolo wrote:
Haba Sky,

Q

Sky,please help a sister.I go pay.Just help me arrange the tickets finish.I promise I will not scream when Madrid wins and I will not disgrace you guys by chasing Raul around.True :lol: :lol: :lol:
It was that the pasillo was followed by a paseo - a walk in the park. That Madrid ran out 4-1 winners and lead Barcelona by 17 points, that Barcelona can no longer get second place and could only watch as Ruud van Nistelrooy and Higuaín scored with their first touches, as Mahamadou Diarra ran rings around their midfield and as the Bernabéu roared "¡olé!" That Joan Laporta listened to fans - Madrid fans - chanting: "Laporta please stay!"

Sid Lowe,2008
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

quickie wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
Haba Sky,

Q

Well just to clarify before next African Nations cup, although I subscribe 'wholly' to SE,
"my short team" is Ghana

See you for summer, I go tell blood thirsty guys for emirates say na you scout Beast & Hleb for prof, make we see how many limbs you go carry comot there :wink: :wink: :wink:

Q
Chei you are too wicked :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
To God be the glory
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

khalela wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
Haba Sky,

Q

Sky,please help a sister.I go pay.Just help me arrange the tickets finish.I promise I will not scream when Madrid wins and I will not disgrace you guys by chasing Raul around.True :lol: :lol: :lol:
Madam Khals...no worry.

I go PM my cousin on your behalf, Dude is a Real fan you fit sit next to am during the game..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

As per Raul is dude strong enough to play pre-season these days? can he leave his Oxygen Chamber in Madrid? :twisted:
To God be the glory
khalela
Egg
Egg

Post by khalela »

Skylolo wrote:
khalela wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
Haba Sky,

Q

Madam Khals...no worry.

I go PM my cousin on your behalf, Dude is a Real fan you fit sit next to am during the game..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

As per Raul is dude strong enough to play pre-season these days? can he leave his Oxygen Chamber in Madrid? :twisted:
Abeg organise am anyhow.I will even sit next to Waffiman if need be :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't worry about Raul.We have our our Madrid plane so he can bring his oxygen chamber along,nothing doing :P .

Check ya PM
It was that the pasillo was followed by a paseo - a walk in the park. That Madrid ran out 4-1 winners and lead Barcelona by 17 points, that Barcelona can no longer get second place and could only watch as Ruud van Nistelrooy and Higuaín scored with their first touches, as Mahamadou Diarra ran rings around their midfield and as the Bernabéu roared "¡olé!" That Joan Laporta listened to fans - Madrid fans - chanting: "Laporta please stay!"

Sid Lowe,2008
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

khalela wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
khalela wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
Haba Sky,

Q

Madam Khals...no worry.

Abeg organise am anyhow.I will even sit next to Waffiman if need be :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't worry about Raul.We have our our Madrid plane so he can bring his oxygen chamber along,nothing doing :P .

Check ya PM
You are banned. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Skylolo wrote:
quickie wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
Haba Sky,

Q

"my short team" is Ghana

Q
Chei you are too wicked :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
khalela
Egg
Egg

Post by khalela »

Waffiman wrote:
You are banned. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:P :P :P :P :P Waffi my brother,no vex,please can you use your connection and help me find out which hotel they will be staying :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .I want to use the information for my thesis.

Sid Lowe,2008