keegan shows some love to his african connection

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

so__so_scandalous
Egg
Egg

Post by so__so_scandalous »

Newcastle United manager Kevin Keegan has applauded the contribution of African quartet of Habib Beye, Abdoualye Faye, Obafemi Martins and Geremi; in the recent run of games that has helped lift the Toon up to 12th place in the Premiership table.

Newcastle missed the players during the January-February African Nations Cup, during which period the Tynesiders went into a free fall and at one stage were worried of falling into the drop zone even after the quartet had returned.

However, Keegan’s side are now on a five-game unbeaten run, and with four games remaining in the campaign, are almost safe.

"The African lads are very important at this club because when they were away at the Nations Cup it was more than 20 per cent of our first-team squad," Keegan told Newcastle World TV.

"At most clubs these days African players are important and it's easy to see why if the lads here are anything to go by."They are terrific athletes and terrific professionals.

"They do things right and players such as Geremi and Abdoulaye Faye certainly know their way around the streets :? and have got a lot of experience.

"Then we've got Oba who is a total one-off and gives us something no-one else does.

"Habib also has been outstanding in recent weeks and his energy and enthusiasm is unbelievable.

"It's no coincidence they have been ever-present during our recent run and having them back has made a huge difference."
tendai101
Egg
Egg

Post by tendai101 »

Bugs me no end that most English people chose to see only athleticism in our players when there is more to them than that :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
The wise speak when they have something to say,
fools speak when they have to say something.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Its our business to stir it up
notorious bi.....G

Post by notorious bi.....G »

tendai101 wrote:Bugs me no end that most English people chose to see only athleticism in our players when there is more to them than that :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
old man, don't you know that this is a sly diss? They are simply saying Africans do not have the mental capacity to be good footballers, and that they are just using their natural abilities!
kamerun
Egg
Egg

Post by kamerun »

why do you people like to see racism everywhere? Are our players not athletic? What is wrong in being athletic? You guys have real low self esteem. So what do u then call th likes of Pape Bouba diop, Oba, Obi etc...are these not all athletic players? Isnt Adriano from Inter an athletic player? What about Alex etc...? I have heard both these players described as beast yet brazilians have never taken it badly! What about the Germans? Aren't they said to be Athletic and physical in Europe? Have they taken it badly? Nope sir, they go about their business like never before!!!!

What justifies all this low self esteem? :(

So if skinny etoo moves to england he will also b described as an athletic player? Of course not!!!! You guys have to face it, the likes of drogba, essien and many other african players in the EPL are athletic and THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT!!!
goat no fi eat where dey no tie am
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

kamerun wrote:why do you people like to see racism everywhere? Are our players not athletic? What is wrong in being athletic? You guys have real low self esteem. So what do u then call th likes of Pape Bouba diop, Oba, Obi etc...are these not all athletic players? Isnt Adriano from Inter an athletic player? What about Alex etc...? I have heard both these players described as beast yet brazilians have never taken it badly! What about the Germans? Aren't they said to be Athletic and physical in Europe? Have they taken it badly? Nope sir, they go about their business like never before!!!!

What justifies all this low self esteem? :(

So if skinny etoo moves to england he will also b described as an athletic player? Of course not!!!! You guys have to face it, the likes of drogba, essien and many other african players in the EPL are athletic and THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT!!!
I seldom do this - but KPOM!!!!
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

tendai101 wrote:Bugs me no end that most English people chose to see only athleticism in our players when there is more to them than that :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"They are terrific athletes and terrific professionals. They do things right"
Bugs me that YOU only chose to see the athletes comment
Last edited by Molue Conductor on Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Be fair on Keegan, read what he said again.

"At most clubs these days African players are important and it's easy to see why if the lads here are anything to go by."They are terrific athletes and terrific professionals.
"They do things right and players such as Geremi and Abdoulaye Faye certainly know their way around the streets and have got a lot of experience.

"Then we've got Oba who is a total one-off and gives us something no-one else does.

"Habib also has been outstanding in recent weeks and his energy and enthusiasm is unbelievable.

"It's no coincidence they have been ever-present during our recent run and having them back has made a huge difference."
From the above, it is clear Keegan does not only see athleticism in our players.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
REDSPYDA
Egg
Egg

Post by REDSPYDA »

Why are you guys surprised... According to Tendai everything is racial
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

REDSPYDA wrote:Why are you guys surprised... According to Tendai everything is racial

Spiderman give it a rest will you.

Precedent is what i am going by here. You hear it all the time especially in football commentry regarding African players. this is the first time i am hearing Adriano described as athletic.