Do the SE have a sports Psychologist?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

I have to ask. Insiders like KoC, please do tell.
How else do they crank out those 1-0 wins, or 0-0 draws away all the time? (Yeah, forget the 2-1 loss away to the Cranes).

Well funded teams like the Pharaohs, Tunisia, Morocco, Libya and S.A usually falter away but over the years the SE have steadily ground out those 1-0s whether it's Lesotho, SL, or Senegal, heck even Egypt. The opponent doesn't seem to matter. How do they win away games that they have no business winning?

I've just studied under sports psychologists who've handled elite athletes like MJ and Tiger so I wonder.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
torontoeagle
Egg
Egg
Re: Do the SE have a sports Psychologist?

Post by torontoeagle »

Does Uganda have one ?
The Ugandan. wrote:I have to ask. Insiders like KoC, please do tell.
How else do they crank out those 1-0 wins, or 0-0 draws away all the time? (Yeah, forget the 2-1 loss away to the Cranes).

Well funded teams like the Pharaohs, Tunisia, Morocco, Libya and S.A usually falter away but over the years the SE have steadily ground out those 1-0s whether it's Lesotho, SL, or Senegal, heck even Egypt. The opponent doesn't seem to matter. How do they win away games that they have no business winning?

I've just studied under sports psychologists who've handled elite athletes like MJ and Tiger so I wonder.
T-Dot
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Sports psychologists are called juju men in Nigeria.
Pharaoh
Egg
Egg

Post by Pharaoh »

:lol:
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Yes the fans- and the remedy is simple "WIN OR ELSE"
:shock: :shock: :P
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
hurricaneeddy
Egg
Egg

Post by hurricaneeddy »

cic old boy wrote:Sports psychologists are called juju men in Nigeria.
guy u don kolo i swear.............hahahahahahahaha some feathers,calabash,holy water,and u have gotten it.GBAMM
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

"He took a lot of punishment and fought until the end," said Klitschko. "But from round two, it was clear that his game plan wasn't working. lol. september 11 klitschko vs peter
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

When you have a defender that prides himself in shutting out opponents game after game, impossible wins become possible. It starts with one man and one man only .... KING YOBO!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

1naija wrote:

When you have a defender that prides himself in shutting out opponents game after game, impossible wins become possible. It starts with one man and one man only .... KING YOBO!
Dont forget Uche Okechukwu in his era led Nigeria many years without losses to minnows here in Africa.No african team deared to put 3 goals past an Uche led defence line.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
hurricaneeddy
Egg
Egg

Post by hurricaneeddy »

omey2k4 wrote:
1naija wrote:

Dont forget Uche Okechukwu in his era led Nigeria many years without losses to minnows here in Africa.No african team deared to put 3 goals past an Uche led defence line.
God bless those ones..

Martin Luther King, Jr.

"He took a lot of punishment and fought until the end," said Klitschko. "But from round two, it was clear that his game plan wasn't working. lol. september 11 klitschko vs peter
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

omey2k4 wrote:
1naija wrote:

What does this mean? Nigeria lost to Guinea, Zambia, morroco, and tunisia during Uche's era so I don't know the relevance of your post.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

1naija wrote:
omey2k4 wrote:
1naija wrote:

What does this mean? Nigeria lost to Guinea, Zambia, morroco, and tunisia during Uche's era so I don't know the relevance of your post.
Nigeria lost to Angola, Uganda, and didn't go to the WC during Yobo's era.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

1naija wrote:
omey2k4 wrote:
1naija wrote:

1naija i said Minnows and are you trying to discount what Uche has done all in the name to glorify Yobo?I have no problem with Yobo at all but Uche did way better with Nigeria
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

I was going to ask a similar question last week.
Why don't we score more than two goals?
Even when the opponent open their yansh, we seem to be goal shy. The players seem to think one goal is enough. It looks like a psychological problem.
Last edited by Talk IT on Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Talk IT wrote:

Even when the opponent open their yansh, we seem to be goal shy. The players seem to think one goal is enough. It looks like a psycological problem.
Talk IT, you are talking $@#% again. How is what you are saying similar to what The Ugandan is saying? :?: :?
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

Robbynice wrote:
Talk IT wrote:

Even when the opponent open their yansh, we seem to be goal shy. The players seem to think one goal is enough. It looks like a psycological problem.
Talk IT, you are talking $@#% again. How is what you are saying similar to what The Ugandan is saying? :?: :?
I was going to ask if the SE has a psychologist.
My reason for asking is obviously different from his. While he sees the cup as half full, i see it as half empty.
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
hurricaneeddy
Egg
Egg

Post by hurricaneeddy »

modern football requires the presenc eof a psychologist for the team.i guess the SE should have one but we may not know who he his

Martin Luther King, Jr.

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

maceo4 wrote:
1naija wrote:
omey2k4 wrote:
1naija wrote:

If you can't understand Uganda's post or mine, why don't you ask instead of jumping to irrelevant unrelated conclussion? Where in either post do you see where anyone said anything about Nigeria not losing?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

cic old boy wrote:Sports psychologists are called juju men in Nigeria.
or dibia :?
Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Catalyst »

It seems like we win many a lot on the road but the starts do not really reflect that. We have a fair number of games on the road in the last 2-3 years but that was not the norm.
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.
The earth is not our home.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7711/opaks.gif
http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bsflag.gif
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Catalyst wrote:

It seems like we win many a lot on the road but the starts do not really reflect that. We have a fair number of games on the road in the last 2-3 years but that was not the norm.
Look beyond the stats. How could a Kanu led SE just score 1 goal against Lesotho? If you saw the SL game you'd ask yourself at the end, "How did they do that?"
How do they get these well paid prima donas to sleep in 3 star hotels all over Africa with few complaints? We all know the NFA cannot afford 5 star accommodation, at least not for the players. :lol:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

torontoeagle wrote:Does Uganda have one ?

The Cranes have an assistant coach (a good veteran coach & former player) whose primary job is to counsel players. Given how the boys bounced back from the Benin loss, to dominate Angola, the man earned his pay last week.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

1naija wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
1naija wrote:
omey2k4 wrote:
1naija wrote:

If you can't understand Uganda's post or mine, why don't you ask instead of jumping to irrelevant unrelated conclussion? Where in either post do you see where anyone said anything about Nigeria not losing?
Shouldn't the greatest Nigerian player of all time at least guarantee us victory against all minnows.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Catalyst wrote:

I'm not saying you win all the time. Just that you do better than most teams away.
I particularly remember an away game against Uganda ('94 ANC qualifiers) where the Cranes dominated throughout. The SE defenders fouled all day but the refs were hesitant to call, until the last minute. They were forced to call a penalty that Uganda's captain missed. A 1-0 win to Uganda would have sent Uganda to the ANC and eliminated the SE, who went on to win the whole thing. How did they do it?