NFA on Okocha's....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tolu
NFA on Okocha's....

Post by Tolu »

captain, Austin "Jay Jay" Okocha has come under severe criticism from the country's FA after he failed to play in a World Cup qualifier against Angola. Nigeriasports.com can report.
Nigeria lost 1-0 and much of the blame for the defeat has been put on the absence of the star player.

The Bolton Wanderers captain was said to have cited flight problems as the reason for missing the game in Luanda.

But Chairman of the Nigeria Football Association (NFA) Ibrahim Galadima, said the player has given the FA and Nigerians no concrete explanation as to why he failed to make the trip.

"I was surprised by his absence, I am yet to get a satisfactory reason to why he failed to honour the invitation and refusing to play for his country when his services is needed the most," Galadima told a local radio station.

"He’s one player I respect a lot having spoken to him at the last Nations Cup in Tunisia, as he was full of patriotism and leadership qualities. But his decision to stay away from the game says the least of him as a captain,"

The Nigerian media harshly criticized the player [Okocha] when it appeared that he organised a party on a day his team mates were playing in Luanda.

"This is a different issue altogether. The NFA made it difficult for the player because they were informed earlier about his plight" his associate told Brila FM in Lagos.

"He [Okocha] was unable able to get a flight to Luanda, so he could not make himself available for the match," said Friday Kujah.

Kujah however confirmed the fact that Okocha and some other Super Eagles players were involved in a big party on Sunday.

"There was a party organised by Jay Jay on Sunday, to celebrate a wonderful season (at the Nations cup and a successful season with Bolton) but he was totally downcast after the loss to Angola"

"Players like Ifeanyi [Udeze] Julius Aghahowa were in pains as they refused to dance. Even Okocha was too sad to dance" he concluded.
kaycee2g

Post by kaycee2g »

Too sad to dance??? ha ha ha . is that not full of hilarity??
Dont ppl dance at Funerals??
i was at the club dancing my as.s off . Belive that.
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

Tolu
Where's the link. It sound like whats been lifted up from the forum.
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

Talk IT wrote:Tolu
If it sounds like its been lifted up from the forum, then i can only assume that you've read the whole article. Which makes it all the more amazng that you didnt notice the source in the very first line.
Tolu

Post by Tolu »

Talk IT wrote:Tolu
HERE IS THE PHUCKING LINK PUNK
http://nigeriasports.com/1058