[WCQ] MOZAMBIQUE v NIGERIA - 0-0 - FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lite
Egg
Egg
Re: [WCQ] MOZAMBIQUE v NIGERIA - 0-0 - FT

Post by Lite »

Both Ghana and Ivory Coast scored in the first minute.
Lite10's Youtube Channel: -> http://www.youtube.com/user/Lite10
'AsylumDowner from GW: A monkey in my backyard tomorrow is a monkey I shall eat today.'
AlanBall
Egg
Egg
Re: [WCQ] MOZAMBIQUE v NIGERIA - 0-0 - 1st Half

Post by AlanBall »

jdizzy wrote:phew!!!! I thought Nwaneri was gone! Ref was too lenient there.
I think Amodu has to replace his brainless captain at half time

Why do you keep calling this guys names...can't you just watch and analyze without name calling?................ :boo: :boo: :boo:
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

After the Nigeria v Ghana game at the last ANC, i learned NEVER to go out of my way for these SE. I watched every game Siasia's wards played in Beijing regardless of time but the SE........... lai lai! God forbid bad thing. I am yet to regret the decision. lol
Someone wake me when we get serious.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

platinum wrote:After the Nigeria v Ghana game at the last ANC, i learned NEVER to go out of my way for these SE. I watched every game Siasia's wards played in Beijing regardless of time but the SE........... lai lai! God forbid bad thing. I am yet to regret the decision. lol
Someone wake me when we get serious.

The SE is not eye pleasing on the eyes to watch for the past years, it's better to just wait and see a winning result. :twisted:
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Lite wrote:Image
very correct...i was like that all the way to church...Nigeria is history in world football :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
Fourteen
Egg
Egg
Re: [WCQ] MOZAMBIQUE v NIGERIA - 0-0 - 2nd Half

Post by Fourteen »

seloweizer wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:to use Gotti's language, we are piss-poor
errrr no.. try this

We hitherto had a piss-poor churlish obsufucation of a game
Nevertheless, the boys where "tossed" around - herewith
Without regards for LC coaching content - hereforth-with!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
gypsylady
Egg
Egg

Post by gypsylady »

Lets look on the bright side.
At least we are begining to notice that we have a very average team
Winning today's match would have been quite deceptive.
Silence is often misinterpreted but never misquoted.
There is no key to happiness. The door is always open.

After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WCQ] MOZAMBIQUE v NIGERIA - 0-0 - 1st Half

Post by General Trousers »

2drama wrote:the point is that some on CE

have been over hyping Oba return

mschhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Undertake & Player :curse: :curse:

but no shaking Oba will still get more chances
Undertaker started abusing me when I said the guy was off form - no disrespect to Martins but match fitness is not a trivial matter - it is hard to achieve.

@
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

Mister Dolly wrote:Fooking Amodu brings on another defender..
Hey hey - mind your language - I go report you to Busola :D

@
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

What team was more disappointing? Ladan Bosso's U-20 team (any game) or today's Amodu's SE selected side?
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

What a FREAKING disgrace....SACK Amodu now before he sends Nigeria's world cup hope to the dogs. NONSENSE!!!! :x
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

Lefak wrote:
seloweizer wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:to use Gotti's language, we are piss-poor
errrr no.. try this

We hitherto had a piss-poor churlish obsufucation of a game
Nevertheless, the boys where "tossed" around - herewith
Without regards for LC coaching content - hereforth-with!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf:
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Mudi E wrote:What a FREAKING disgrace....SACK Amodu now before he sends Nigeria's world cup hope to the dogs. NONSENSE!!!! :x
Maybe too late. We need to overhaul the entire team. First, by bringing a coach that is not loyal to the present crop of players. Do we have the liberty of TIME?
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

Mister Dolly wrote:I can't believe I wasted $4 on this crap..never again until I see an improved team...I think all of you saying we should ignore the Colombia and Jamaica matches need to apologize to this forum...the writing was always on the wall but you were all too blinded to see it.
Remember we ripped the team apart in the last friendly game they were absolutely lack-lustre and people here were defending that mediocrity? Now this is the result of that nonsense and non-challance.
The team is just not good enough. Let's not fool ourselves. It's 2006 all over again. Nigeria will NOT qualify for the world cup the way things are right now.
stargazer
Egg
Egg

Post by stargazer »

man what are we fighting about.....all games are gonna be tuff....Kenya is just as tricky as the Sudan...Mali and Tunisia can beat anybody..anyday...Benin has a squad that has been playing together for over 4 yrs....Mozambique will give anybody a game....Just hope for the rub of the green on the day and that all your best players are uninjured and turn up.....togo beat Cameroon Egypt drew with Zambia......IT IS HARD TO QUALIFY FOR THE WC FROM AFRICA PERIOD!
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

What we are witnessing here is the current state of Nigeria..it's called MEDIOCRITY galore. :curse:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

The way the government is run is quite similar to how our football is played, too many similarities!!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
stargazer
Egg
Egg

Post by stargazer »

bbc claiming Mozam..was robbed :shock:

Nigeria have been held to a 0-0 draw by Mozambique in their opening Group B World Cup and Africa Cup of Nations qualifier in Maputo.

Mozambique were unlucky not to take all three points, after having two goals disallowed.

Striker Dario Monteiro had two good headed chances disallowed which, had either stood, would have given the home side a famous victory.

The result leaves the Super Eagles trailing Tunisia by two points.

The visitors also had their chances to grab the win near the end.

Newcastle striker Obafemi Martins should have scored on 86 minutes but instead found the side-netting.

The Machava Stadium was packed to capacity to witness the tense draw that was played out in high winds.

The Carthage Eagles top the group after securing a valuable 2-1 away win in Kenya on Saturday.
TRU-BLAK
Egg
Egg

Post by TRU-BLAK »

We should have kept Berti Vogts :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The saga continues!!
If you fail to prepare, then be prepared to fail!!
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

Even Kenya scored one goal against Tunisia...
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Where is the robbed statement in the article? Have you seen the match? I just saw it again just now courtesy of 2drama and both goals were OFFSIDE. The first one was yards out and the second marginal at first glance however the replay showed the dude was clearly offside at the point the ball was played. Even the commentator agreed it was a very good decision because stuff like that could easily be missed. We were lucky we had a good linesman for once!
stargazer wrote:bbc claiming Mozam..was robbed :shock:

Nigeria have been held to a 0-0 draw by Mozambique in their opening Group B World Cup and Africa Cup of Nations qualifier in Maputo.

Mozambique were unlucky not to take all three points, after having two goals disallowed.

Striker Dario Monteiro had two good headed chances disallowed which, had either stood, would have given the home side a famous victory.

The result leaves the Super Eagles trailing Tunisia by two points.

The visitors also had their chances to grab the win near the end.

Newcastle striker Obafemi Martins should have scored on 86 minutes but instead found the side-netting.

The Machava Stadium was packed to capacity to witness the tense draw that was played out in high winds.

The Carthage Eagles top the group after securing a valuable 2-1 away win in Kenya on Saturday.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

So much for the 4 grand per day astro turf...without it perhaps we might've lost. :biggrin:
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

oloye wrote:I have only one simple advice to the NFF play more african friendlies during the WC qualifiers. Football in africa is more pressure and hustle they wont leave you the room to caress the ball . These players we fielded have no idea what to do with the fast tempo of african football. They say the coach failed to infused urgency into the players, but i saw the defenders playing like they were demon possesed, while the attackers could not be bothered to hassle in the box or event jump up with the opposing defenders.

They said we played with 4-2-4 another wrong assessment, we played 4-4-2, with two players who can bomb forward and come back into the middle when we loose the ball. The fact remains we have massive problem in the middle, big problem. We do not have the player that can dictate the pace of the game, it is not Obi, he cannot change to the second gear under pressure. He is so used to having so many people around him as in Chelsea to knock the usal sideways pass. Unfortunately everytime he has the ball the lad Kaita is always standing pbehind him, almost like he is hiding. We do not have a ball carrier, Osaze is not he runs like a winger forward only and no change in direction. We simply do not have the kind of players needed to make things happen in the middle.

May be Kanu should have come in the last 10-15 minutes, but the pace of this game and the cluelessness of the attackers suggests otherwise, we needed to keep it tight to the end. It is time we look for some height in the attack, in Africa size matters a lot, all these midgets that we parade upfront will not faze any defence in africa.

Finally that miss by Obafemi was a sad one, sometimes it is chances like that sepates experience from rookies , professionals from amateurs.

Anyways like i have been saying for ages , the sooner we recongnise that we have a bunch of average players who happen to be caught in the hype of doning the SE jersey the better.
Kudos to the defence we were under a lot of pressure but they handled everything with such an ease, how many times did the keeper catch the ball. Please we need to stop insulting Nwanieri, he marshalled his defence so well and was always there when he was needed, no ocach can ask for anything more.
Hmm trust Amodu's groupie to write a five paragraph analysis on that match and yet find a way not to offer even one criticism of the coach. :P

442 my butt. Even as clueless as I am I saw that playing those four attackers was just plain daft. But again. what do I know.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯