Spurs sign Davis

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

PaJimoh
Spurs sign Davis

Post by PaJimoh »

Looks like there's a quiet revolution going on at the Lane. Goons watch out. We've signed all the managers in the world, we now need to sign players to play for them :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Tottenham have signed midfielder Sean Davis from Fulham subject to a medical and personal terms being agreed.
The 24-year-old has been linked with a host of Premiership clubs, but has opted to make the move to White Hart Lane after eight years at Fulham.

"I'm absolutely delighted to have signed Sean," sporting director Frank Arnesen told the Spurs website.

"He is one of the highest quality midfield players in the Premiership and he will have a crucial role to for us."

Fulham are unhappy that Davis has decided to leave after he turned down an extension to his contract which was due to expire at the end of the season.

"It is disappointing that despite the club's best endeavours, Sean Davis has been unwilling to commit himself to Fulham beyond the coming season," a statement said on the Fulham website.

"Nevertheless, the club is appreciative of the player's commitment during previous seasons and would thank him for his contribution to Fulham during his time here."

Fulham have also agreed with Tottenham that the transfer terms are to remain undisclosed.

Davis was poised to leave Fulham for Everton last summer when the club agreed to a transfer request from the player.
However, a knee injury - which was to keep Davis out until November, ended the Goodison side's interest.

Davis' ball-winning skills and combative edge will bolster the Spurs midfield as new coach Jacques Santini and Arnesen identify the areas in the side which need to be strengthened.

The player's passing ability has also caught the eye and Davis has been included in the England squad under coach Sven-Goran Eriksson.

Davis has already captained the England Under-21 side
Eclipse
Egg
Egg

Post by Eclipse »

My brother!!, You and IAG have enough enthusiasm for all long-suffering supporters. Speaking as a former season ticket holder( i stopped when jurgen left back in 96/97!!!), I have been battered and humilated season in, season out by the success of those t*%sers from woolwich!!!

I hope santini can turn things around!! It'll make a change for once and get us into europe(hopefully). Roll on the new season is what I say!!!!

The cybereagles AKA GIGA4life
only the super eagles of nigeria are capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory-total football magazine circa june 02'
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Who gives a flying #$%$?

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

With a midfield maestro like Davies, glory days are not too far away. I just hope Santini produce his magic touch very early in the season so we can be an European participant condenter by the end of the season.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Cristao
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao »

my only worry with davis is that he is injury prone ... apart from that we now have a solid work horse midfield

FORZA SPURS
Eclipse
Egg
Egg

Post by Eclipse »

My brother!!, You and IAG have enough enthusiasm for all long-suffering supporters. Speaking as a former season ticket holder( i stopped when jurgen left back in 96/97!!!), I have been battered and humilated season in, season out by the success of those t*%sers from woolwich!!!

I hope santini can turn things around!! It'll make a change for once and get us into europe(hopefully). Roll on the new season is what I say!!!!

The cybereagles AKA GIGA4life
only the super eagles of nigeria are capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory-total football magazine circa june 02'
asabatex
Egg
Egg
contirbution

Post by asabatex »

Its a Goal, ..please pm me the info..for the tape and where to make the contribution..thanks
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

old news
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Hard Man

Post by Hard Man »

Incurable optimists abound on this forum. I have a toll bridge in Brooklyn to sell ....
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

It sounded like the NBA to me. Something like San Antonio signing Ricky Davis.