Congratulations To Super Eagles - 2010 WC Qualification

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

legend
Egg
Egg
Re: Congratulations To Super Eagles - 2010 WC Qualification

Post by legend »

realtrouble wrote:
Babafad wrote:
jtosho wrote:It's time to build a formidable team, not the kind we saw today
Part of the building should start with the sacking of Amodu.

Robbynice, O ye of little conviction. Had you accepted my bet, you would have been $500 better off now. 8-)

KPOM
STFU..............sack AMODU and bring in 'YOUR' crook uncle :mrgreen: pa Oni :curse: .
yep :mrgreen: time for the '$10000 per junk player' coach.
Apart from my usual Amodu rantings all in all. He has done very well and the laurels and records speak for itself - MI5

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=157957
realtrouble

Post by realtrouble »

oloye wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Yes, yes, yes!
Remember the first meeting the mods had after Amodu's appointment, i told you he would do the job. Yes it looked ugly, but the hall mark of a good coach remains getting the job done no matter what. At a point i felt it was all over but kudos to the man, the reason why i always adore him. It remains his confidence in his ability which many people often mistake to be arrogance.
Rubbish , Amodu was lucky that Moz did the business and Olofufu got injured. He will be found out in the ANC and get his marching order. We scored 9 goals in this qualifier 6 against the team that came last in the group. What makes you think that Amodu will do a better job in SA.
legend
Egg
Egg

Post by legend »

realtrouble wrote:
oloye wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Yes, yes, yes!
Remember the first meeting the mods had after Amodu's appointment, i told you he would do the job. Yes it looked ugly, but the hall mark of a good coach remains getting the job done no matter what. At a point i felt it was all over but kudos to the man, the reason why i always adore him. It remains his confidence in his ability which many people often mistake to be arrogance.
Rubbish , Amodu was lucky that Moz did the business and Olofufu got injured. He will be found out in the ANC and get his marching order. We scored 9 goals in this qualifier 6 against the team that came last in the group. What makes you think that Amodu will do a better job in SA.
:mrgreen: Just like in 2002.................to make way for 'YOUR' crooked uncle pa Oni :curse: .
Yes is time to make way for the '$10000 per junk play' coach.................only this time it might be $20000 per junk player :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .
Sack Amodu because I love SE my a-se!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Apart from my usual Amodu rantings all in all. He has done very well and the laurels and records speak for itself - MI5

sarkin doya
Egg
Egg

Post by sarkin doya »

Even if he's not the best coach, Amodu got Nigeria here.

Maybe it would great for the longterm development of African soccer if
they allow him to take Nigeria to the World Cup. The message it will
send is a very strong one.
dudu wrote:Congrats to Naija. Congrats to Amodu. But it is time to bow out; this job pass you Amodu.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

It's about time. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

Congrats to Nigeria. I will have something to shout about next summer :thumbs: :thumbs:
Still, we need to improve our organization and preparations if we are to have a good showing in South Africa.
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
Egunje
Egg
Egg

Post by Egunje »

sarkin doya wrote:Even if he's not the best coach, Amodu got Nigeria here.

dudu wrote:Congrats to Naija. Congrats to Amodu. But it is time to bow out; this job pass you Amodu.
Congrats to SE, Nigeria and the Golden Eaglets (In advance). But I'm with Dudu on this one, the job big pass Amodu. This is the first WC on African soil, every African team wants to go with their best, and this includes the best coach they can get. I had multiple heart attacks watching this match today, not to mention my spiking BP.
legend
Egg
Egg

Post by legend »

Egunje wrote:
sarkin doya wrote:Even if he's not the best coach, Amodu got Nigeria here.

Congrats to SE, Nigeria and the Golden Eaglets (In advance). But I'm with Dudu on this one, the job big pass Amodu. This is the first WC on African soil, every African team wants to go with their best, and this includes the best coach they can get. I had multiple heart attacks watching this match today, not to mention my spiking BP.
Just STFU :mrgreen: :mrgreen: . Silly Clown :mrgreen: .

ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

haha, you guys need to get more pumped up. In Egypt we burnt down Cairo after a 2-0 win and a deciding game in Sudan :D

Congratulations to Nigeria, represent Africa well! Egypt is with you! :)
Oya from Naija
Egg
Egg

Post by Oya from Naija »

At best, Nigeria will be third in their group. First round exit is in the works.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Winner o o o, winner
Winner o o o, winner
Aya, we don win o, winner
Aya, we go win again o, winner
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Kasal32000
Egg
Egg

Post by Kasal32000 »

wanaj0 wrote:Congrats Amodu. Those waiting for your fall will fall for your sake!!!!

You qualified us for the second time. This time you did it without LOSING a single match. You've set a record that will be difficult to match.

Amodu Shuaibu. GCON, GCFR
Yes he qualified Naija twice by relying on Ghana and Mozambique to do us the favour.Ever since Amodu took this job right up till now, SE has never played like a team.We only qualified through luck, individualism and the help of God.Amodu had no technical input in this qualification.This is the only SE that has all potentials of a good team(except Otufinajna) yet on the pitch we are individuals.If we carrying palingy this individual game, we will be licked in both the ANC and World Cup.This victory is for the boys and not Amodu.The Earlier Amodu is sacked the better.
legend
Egg
Egg

Post by legend »

Kasal32000 wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:Congrats Amodu. Those waiting for your fall will fall for your sake!!!!

You qualified us for the second time. This time you did it without LOSING a single match. You've set a record that will be difficult to match.

Yes he qualified Naija twice by relying on Ghana and Mozambique to do us the favour.Ever since Amodu took this job right up till now, SE has never played like a team.We only qualified through luck, individualism and the help of God.Amodu had no technical input in this qualification.This is the only SE that has all potentials of a good team(except Otufinajna) yet on the pitch we are individuals.If we carrying palingy this individual game, we will be licked in both the ANC and World Cup.This victory is for the boys and not Amodu.The Earlier Amodu is sacked the better.
Clown :mrgreen: . Give it a rest, 2002 and '$10000 per junk player' Oni :curse: will not repeat itself.
Now go tell your crooked 'UNCLE' :mrgreen: that your mission on CE is ...........busted!!!!!!!!

jamaicanBill
Egg
Egg

Post by jamaicanBill »

Congrats Super Eagles , on behalf of Jamaica and the entire Caribbean best wishes .
:thumbs:
blessed r those who buk the system they make our lives great .
Kasal32000
Egg
Egg

Post by Kasal32000 »

legend wrote:
Kasal32000 wrote:

Clown :mrgreen: . Give it a rest, 2002 and '$10000 per junk player' Oni :curse: will not repeat itself.
Now go tell your crooked 'UNCLE' :mrgreen: that your mission on CE is ...........busted!!!!!!!!
You are fooling yourself by glorfying failure .Take it or leave this success was down to God, Mozambique and the boys.Amodu first proper test will come in January-ANC.
legend
Egg
Egg

Post by legend »

Kasal32000 wrote:
legend wrote:
Kasal32000 wrote:

You are fooling yourself by glorfying failure .Take it or leave this success was down to God, Mozambique and the boys.Amodu first proper test will come in January-ANC.
Ok. you are right...................now you can go to bed :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .

zeyzey1
Egg
Egg

Post by zeyzey1 »

Nice one SE! I can only say this since we eventually qualified sha "Only SE and CIV qualified for WC2010 without losing a game". Congrats!!!!!
Super Eagles, AC Milan and Bendel Insurance for life!!!!!!!!
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Congrats to all the hopeful CEs as well, Catalyst, Robbynice, Gotti, Bambostic among others...you are all entitled to a beer on me when you visit our South African shores next June..oh by the way, bring warm clothes :)
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
galoise
Egg
Egg

Post by galoise »

Way to go Niaja!!!!!!!!!!!
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

How did Mozambique helped him to qualify? So Mozambique helped him by not defeating Nigeria in Maputo?

From day one, we were told of how Amodu would be found out. Every match was suppose to be the day that he would be disgraced. However, the man played all the opponents before him and did not LOSE a single match!!! What else do you want? Many teams played attractive football and will be watching the WC at home. The task for Amodu was to qualify SE for the world cup. Even with the WASTEPIPE players he was using, he delivered on promise. Playing attractive football was never part of the deliverables.

If we sack Amodu, we are not winning a single match in WC 2010. It will be WC 2002 all over again. At the very least, let Amodu eat the fruit of his labour.
Kasal32000 wrote:

“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
realtrouble

Post by realtrouble »

Wanaj0 said
How did Mozambique helped him to qualify? So Mozambique helped him by not defeating Nigeria in Maputo?

From day one, we were told of how Amodu would be found out. Every match was suppose to be the day that he would be disgraced. However, the man played all the opponents before him and did not LOSE a single match!!! What else do you want? Many teams played attractive football and will be watching the WC at home. The task for Amodu was to qualify SE for the world cup. Even with the WASTEPIPE players he was using, he delivered on promise. Playing attractive football was never part of the deliverables.

If we sack Amodu, we are not winning a single match in WC 2010. It will be WC 2002 all over again. At the very least, let Amodu eat the fruit of
We owe Amodu nothing , he is paid for his work and set specific goals and targets.

Remember this qualification is for both the ANC and WC. if he fails to reach the Semi-Final of the ANC do you think he will be allowed to take SE to the WC. Amodu team selection and performance was poor. But I will not sack him yet, let's see how he performance in the ANC.
maddock
Egg
Egg

Post by maddock »

big ups Supa Eagus
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Yes we owe him nothing and he owes us nothing.

When we sacked Egu/Siasia for only winning bronze and brought in world class Berti Vogts, tell me what we won in Ghana?

When Togo sacked Keshi, tell me where they are now?

While you can sack a coach for non performance you dont sack a coach based on some subjective criteria without paying dearly for it!

Winning is a process that takes time. At this time what Amodu need is focus on all these distractions.

Amodu has not failed to deliver uptill now so why cant we all just rally round him and give him the required support!
realtrouble wrote:Wanaj0 said

If we sack Amodu, we are not winning a single match in WC 2010. It will be WC 2002 all over again. At the very least, let Amodu eat the fruit of
We owe Amodu nothing , he is paid for his work and set specific goals and targets.

Remember this qualification is for both the ANC and WC. if he fails to reach the Semi-Final of the ANC do you think he will be allowed to take SE to the WC. Amodu team selection and performance was poor. But I will not sack him yet, let's see how he performance in the ANC.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”