Algerian Fan Rumoured to be Killed in Egypt

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ogasmooth
PROBATION
Re: Algerian Fan Rumoured to be Killed in Egypt

Post by ogasmooth »

fahl wrote:Here is the results of circulating such dangerous rumors without sources

[/video]
Time for Fifa to step in! FIFA has been a big disappointment! There should have been some punishment for not providing enough security to the Algerian players! If Egypt had been punished many fans of Algeria could have at least felt there was some justice! By punishment I of course mean a fine or something of that sort...
As it is, it seems one can do anything and, basically get away with it!

I feel bad for the people who have had their property destroyed and, hopefully they will get compensated...
TonyStarks
Egg
Egg

Post by TonyStarks »

The Algerian fans are retaliating by vandalizing the offices of cell phone company Djezzy which is owned by an Egyptian company (Orascom). They're also attacking other offices of the Orascom company which has some construction projects in Algeria.
http://en.dzfoot.com
fahl
Egg
Egg

Post by fahl »

ogasmooth wrote:
fahl wrote:Here is the results of circulating such dangerous rumors without sources

[/video]
Time for Fifa to step in! FIFA has been a big disappointment! There should have been some punishment for not providing enough security to the Algerian players! If Egypt had been punished many fans of Algeria could have at least felt there was some justice! By punishment I of course mean a fine or something of that sort...
As it is, it seems one can do anything and, basically get away with it!

I feel bad for the people who have had their property destroyed and, hopefully they will get compensated...
ogasmooth, these bunch of hooligans are not reacting to the bus affair, they had 5 days to react, they didn't

These reactions (happened today) after the respectable sources of mr tonysparks (al shoruk newspaper) published false stories about 17 Algerians fans being killed in Egypt, whith algerian womens being raped in the streets of Cairo

And their appeal to make Jihad against the Egyptians to revenge the algerian blood!

Rumours are dangerous but that exactly what some algerians wants they try to escalate things to make FIFA punish Egypt and cancel the game since they are not convinced they can do it on a soccer pitch

and that's also tonyspark's purpose to skip oil on fire, despite he knows very well their ambassador compleetly denied the stories one hour ago on Al Jazeera :glare:
"Egypt didn't just beat Algeria tonight; they humiliated them, rendering them an ill-disciplined rabble who finished the game with just eight men".................The Guardian
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg
Re: Algerian Fan Killed in Egypt

Post by Heliopolis »

TonyStarks wrote:
diegomaradona10 wrote:How can OP make this thread without even providing a link?

And shame on those who commented on this topic as if it was a confirmed fact despite the OP not citing a reputable source.
What a credible post from a member with 1 post. If you bothered to read (instead of just signing up and posting like fahl asked you to do), you would have noticed links to the source. ;)
Way to dance around the main issue by pointing to such an irrelevant matter as "post count". Since when does post count mean anything?

You failed to provide a credible source in your first post.

Then when you were asked for sources, you cited two ALGERIAN sources with little credibility.

Algerians on DZfoot are reporting that the Algerian ambassador was interviewed on Algerian tv and said that no one was killed.
FIFA should Put Egyptians in a pyramid. before they do that they should mummfy them.

Viva Algeria.
What's with the hostility?
fahl
Egg
Egg

Post by fahl »

TonyStarks wrote:The Algerian fans are retaliating by vandalizing the offices of cell phone company Djezzy which is owned by an Egyptian company (Orascom). They're also attacking other offices of the Orascom company which has some construction projects in Algeria.
Really ? retaliating ?

retaliating to what? The 17 deads, or the one dead, or the zero dead, the raped algerian womens,

Or maybe the offside goal and the 6 minutes added time ? :thumb:
"Egypt didn't just beat Algeria tonight; they humiliated them, rendering them an ill-disciplined rabble who finished the game with just eight men".................The Guardian
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

:woot: Choi ... dis one wos pass Naija - Ghana ...

x
Jimi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Jimi »

I'm not sure Sudan is a suitable host for this match. Sudan does not even have a lid on its own internal security situation. There has been the insurgency from the South as long as I can remember, and we can't forget the bedlam in Darfur. I guess it's only right that two North African teams have a go at it. Countless teams from West Africa have been subjected to their antics forever..
rutgers
Egg
Egg

Post by rutgers »

Quite frankly I am disgusted and ashamed at what has gone on between Algeria and Egypt. Never would I have dreamt that youtube and forum message boards would be filled with racist messages between citizens of these two countries, who are both mainly Muslim. I mean, our religion teaches us brotherhood, and we have turned to hatred over a football match.

Just as FIFA tries to stamp out racism, it should put an end to extreme nationalism and irresponsible provocations by sports media and journalists. The whole campaign was witness to attempts by the medias of both countries to stir up passions to a heated level. As much as I love football and support egypt, i say to hell with it if this is the result. You are always going to have hooligan elements in any country, but educated people should try to control themselves before they report or encourage inflammatory remarks.

Both Algeria and Egypt national teams have worked hard, and they both deserve to be in the cup. I say, before the match in Sudan, the teams should make a mutual gesture to the fans to stop the animosity.
ogasmooth
PROBATION

Post by ogasmooth »

rutgers wrote:Quite frankly I am disgusted and ashamed at what has gone on between Algeria and Egypt. Never would I have dreamt that youtube and forum message boards would be filled with racist messages between citizens of these two countries, who are both mainly Muslim. I mean, our religion teaches us brotherhood, and we have turned to hatred over a football match.

Just as FIFA tries to stamp out racism, it should put an end to extreme nationalism and irresponsible provocations by sports media and journalists. The whole campaign was witness to attempts by the medias of both countries to stir up passions to a heated level. As much as I love football and support egypt, i say to hell with it if this is the result. You are always going to have hooligan elements in any country, but educated people should try to control themselves before they report or encourage inflammatory remarks.

Both Algeria and Egypt national teams have worked hard, and they both deserve to be in the cup. I say, before the match in Sudan, the teams should make a mutual gesture to the fans to stop the animosity.

Good post... Hopefully the fire will be tamed by the media of both countries... On Thursday the match will be history but, actions done between now and wednesday could create unnecessary hate which won't help anyone...

In reality both teams would do a good job in SA if they go with this much passion. Both teams deserve to go but, since only one team can go those with "real power" should calm tensions and, not make it a life or death situation.

In my humble opinion:
1) It is disgraceful if someone has potentially died and, if this is true I will personally not watch the game on wednesday.
2) It is a shame that people have had their personal property destroyed... Those people may not have even liked football thus, why did they deserve to have their personal items vandalized???

Like I said in another thread, a small number of thugs can always make a lot of people look bad but, after a while the majority have to stop letting the thugs represent or, define them! If the majority cannot do it then, the Government is responsible for stepping in and, preserving the integrity, dignity and, honor of a nation...
ahmedkora
Egg
Egg

Post by ahmedkora »

everyone calm down NO ONE DIED this is FACT , it has not been proven that some one did die nor has it been reported on by a NUETRAL party only dzfoot and untrustable rumor making algerian news source , and even Algerian embassy deny these claims. What happened is that there was injuries not because of Egyptians attacking algerians. But because a of a large scale fight happening after a game , which is not surprising when you have 2 of these rival countries and you see your own flag being burned in your own stadium i mean im not saying violence or fighting is the way to go but when you are in a country and you burn an egyptian flag in CAIRO stadium i dont think it shows respect and its basically ASKING for trouble ofcourse a few of those 10's of thousands of egyptians sitting there would take that to heart and possibly get physical about it as im sure an algerian would if it was the other way around. Regardless back to the injuries ii believe it was something like 30 and 15-12 for the egyptians , it was result of a fight which are not rare after soccer games. Also as mentioned before these rumors or as i should say LIES dont do good at all they are getting the algerians angry and giving some a reason to do $#% when they are really just angry that algeria lost. TonySparks and all who may be reading this is not fact , @others dont just jump on the bangwagon blindly. Tony and others who WANT to thing this ir true or THINK its true , you still are free to post sources "REPUTABLE ONES possibly NUETRAL" which i find really unsecary at this point seeing how REPUTABLE PEOPLE of the ALGERIAN govt and the ALGERIAN embassy have denied this. Tony etc you can be mad and angry and hate egypt but you dont spread and belive these rumors to try to justify and start more of it.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

So it turns out that no Algerian was killed in Egypt.

Let this be a lesson to TonyStarks to only post confirmed news with credible links.

Let this be a lesson to y'all not to believe everything you read on the internet.

DZfoot.com (TonyStark's #1 source) has apologized for their inaccurate reporting...

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate ... %26hl%3Den

I think some apologies are in order.
fahl
Egg
Egg

Post by fahl »

http://www.dzfoot.com/news-5224/precisi ... -au-caire/
Précision : Pas de confirmation d'un mort au Caire
Partager Partager sur Google Partager sur MySpace Partager sur Facebook Partager sur Yahoo Partager sur Wikio Partager sur Viadeo Partager sur Technorati Partager sur Del.Icio.Us Partager sur Digg

Nous avons diffusé sur ce site une information sur la mort d'un supporter algérien. Nous faisons amende honorable, car nous n'avons pas eu de confirmation officielle depuis, nous n'avons que des photos comme preuve ce qui parait bien maigre.

De plus après avoir recontacté nos reporters, nous ne sommes pas en mesure d'affirmer une quelconque mort.

Le sujet est grave et dans le feu des évènemements, nous avons été emportés par l'émotion et le climat ambiant. Quoiqu'il en soit des violennces ont été subies par nos supporteurs au Caire.

Nous venons de contacter les joueurs qui sont déçus de la tournure des évènements et ils appellent tous les supporteurs au calme, ils préféreraient jouer ce match, sans haine, cela reste du football.

Tout le monde doit se calmer et se préparer a soutenir les Verts Mercredi.

DZfoot.com

16/11/2009
Translation

Accuracy: No confirmation of a death in Cairo
Share Share on Google Share on MySpace Share on Facebook Share on Yahoo Share on Wikio Share on Viadeo Share on Technorati Share on Digg Share on Del.Icio.Us

We have published on this site information on the death of a supporter of Algeria. We apologize because we have not had official confirmation since we have pictures as evidence that seems very thin.

Also contacted after our reporters, we are not able to claim any death.

The subject is serious and in the heat of Events, we have been swept away by emotion and the climate. Whatever the violennces have been suffered by our fans in Cairo.

We have to contact the players are disappointed at this turn of events and call upon all supporters for calm, they prefer to play this game without hate, it's still football.

Everyone needs to calm down and prepare to support the Greens Wednesday.

DZfoot.com

16/11/2009

Now tonysparks have to apologies if he is man enough :evil:
Last edited by fahl on Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Hmmmm. Seems like there will be simmering tensions from this game for yrs to come

The match on Sat was an absolute cracker tho. Weds game will be the same probably
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
ahmedkora
Egg
Egg

Post by ahmedkora »

fahl wrote:http://www.dzfoot.com/news-5224/precisi ... -au-caire/
Précision : Pas de confirmation d'un mort au Caire
Partager Partager sur Google Partager sur MySpace Partager sur Facebook Partager sur Yahoo Partager sur Wikio Partager sur Viadeo Partager sur Technorati Partager sur Del.Icio.Us Partager sur Digg

Nous avons diffusé sur ce site une information sur la mort d'un supporter algérien. Nous faisons amende honorable, car nous n'avons pas eu de confirmation officielle depuis, nous n'avons que des photos comme preuve ce qui parait bien maigre.

De plus après avoir recontacté nos reporters, nous ne sommes pas en mesure d'affirmer une quelconque mort.

Le sujet est grave et dans le feu des évènemements, nous avons été emportés par l'émotion et le climat ambiant. Quoiqu'il en soit des violennces ont été subies par nos supporteurs au Caire.

Nous venons de contacter les joueurs qui sont déçus de la tournure des évènements et ils appellent tous les supporteurs au calme, ils préféreraient jouer ce match, sans haine, cela reste du football.

Tout le monde doit se calmer et se préparer a soutenir les Verts Mercredi.

DZfoot.com

16/11/2009
Translation

Accuracy: No confirmation of a death in Cairo
Share Share on Google Share on MySpace Share on Facebook Share on Yahoo Share on Wikio Share on Viadeo Share on Technorati Share on Digg Share on Del.Icio.Us

We have published on this site information on the death of a supporter of Algeria. We apologize because we have not had official confirmation since we have pictures as evidence that seems very thin.

Also contacted after our reporters, we are not able to claim any death.

The subject is serious and in the heat of Events, we have been swept away by emotion and the climate. Whatever the violennces have been suffered by our fans in Cairo.

We have to contact the players are disappointed at this turn of events and call upon all supporters for calm, they prefer to play this game without hate, it's still football.

Everyone needs to calm down and prepare to support the Greens Wednesday.

DZfoot.com

16/11/2009

Now tonysparks have to apologies if he is man enough :evil:
dont expect apologies from such people , if anything we should apologize to him and pity him for his lack of mental wellness.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssTech ... 3120091116
Algerian media reported on Monday that several visiting supporters had died from their injuries after Egyptian fans attacked them following the match in Cairo, which Egypt won 2-0.

Abdelkader Hadjar, Algerian ambassador to Egypt, was quoted as saying by Algeria's official news agency APS that he had found no evidence of fatalities, but that 50 travelling supporters were injured while in Cairo.
The smear campaign of Egypt attempted by TonyStarks is very disappointing. Moderators should play a more active role in preventing members from posting rumors that are highly controversial and instigate hostilities between two sides.

Also, I'm not sure why some of you are solely placing the blame on Egyptians.

A few Egyptian idiots threw stones at the Algerian bus which understandably was condemned by many soccer fans world wide. After the match, Algerian and Egyptian fans got into fights and an estimated 30-50 people were hurt. Again, Egyptian authorities should've handled this better.

But how come no one is criticizing Algerian fans for their misbehaviour? They rioted in Marseille after losing a soccer match. They attacked the property of an Egyptian company in Algeria a day after losing.

Egyptian workers have been attacked in Algeria:

http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssTech ... 3120091116
http://english.cri.cn/6966/2009/11/17/168s529775.htm
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... -qualifier

I think some members here are misinformed about pointing the finger solely at Egypt as if the Algerians are blameless. Both sides are in the wrong.

I think things will cool down about a week after Wednesday's match and hopefully things will return back to normal.
TonyStarks
Egg
Egg

Post by TonyStarks »

It turns out that the information about the fan getting killed was false. I apologize for posting the information, my goal was not to make Egypt look bad, simply to get FIFA to act before a full out war happens.
http://en.dzfoot.com
Pharaoh
Egg
Egg

Post by Pharaoh »

TS jumped the gun, but let's not crucify him for this. He wouldn't have posted the information unless he really thought it to be true. Let it be a lesson to us all. His reputation remains solid in my book.
"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither." - Benjamin Franklin
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

bonus wrote:FIFA should Put Egyptians in a pyramid. before they do that they should mummfy them.

Viva Algeria.
Look I know you're angry about us beating you in the ACN, but can you at least have some merit to your posts? :boo: Just because we beat your team in soccer, nowadays, doesn't mean you should just hate on us for no reason. Don't hate the players, hate the game if you have too. I'm a bit Cameroon fan, but you give your nation a bad name.

Tony - yebni, just please confirm it. The moral outrage that such accusations cause really do heat people up and make us look like monsters. I know you were just excited but ya3ni please read more into the issue. Someone diying is very serious, and for some miracle, I'm glad no Algerians/Egyptians have died throughout this campaign. Great soccer marred by political distrust.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

I knew the rivalry was intense but damn I couldn't believe some of the comments I was reading on youtube
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

King Futcha wrote:I knew the rivalry was intense but damn I couldn't believe some of the comments I was reading on youtube
Our stupidity is more commonly displayed than other's stupidity. :p
fahl
Egg
Egg
Re: Algerian Fan Killed in Egypt

Post by fahl »

fahl wrote:Very dirty rumors by a very dirty person!

Even your ambassador denied all these rumors, your only source is Al shorouk, I knew you was a dirty person but I never imagined you will go that far, what is your point? spreading more hatred? isn't enough all what is going? when I think that we gave you a moderating status on our Egyptian forum!!

If this forums have a real moderating you get banned for this! we don't laugh with this kind of jokes, wake up you are talking about human life, I hope god will take care of you

Disgusting :veryangry:

I quote miself again now you have changed your position you maybe read it differently!

I personally don't accept hypocrite apologizes from a dirty person like you, it's peoples like you which are creating the following reactions...

[/video]

[/video]

Algerian gentle fans attacking and insulting Egyptians in Egypt (at Cairo the airport) while the Egyptian crowd spontaneously answer : "Egypt".."Egypt".."Egypt" they knew this word is the hardest thing you and your people's ears can support!

[/video]

I just try to imagine if the Egyptians dare do 1% of that at the at Houari Boumedienne Aiport... what will be their end?
fahl
Egg
Egg

Post by fahl »

Our people and our police supported your barbarism for few days (I hope to never see your azzes again in Egypt!!

Now I understand why France elected a racist president!! They were supporting your s*hit since decades !! you Algerians are a disgrace to all Arabs, Muslims and Africans!!

Damn!! even when you beat Rwanda last October!! (You was winning, no one attacked your Bus or 'internetically' killed 17 algerians at time)!! still you destroyed Marseille !! what the hell will happen if we wipe your azzes Wednesday! :ohmy:
Violence in Marseille after a victory of Algeria for World Cup soccer: 6 policemen injured

October 12, 2009

MARSEILLE - Seven people were arrested and six police officers wounded in the night from Sunday to Monday in Marseilles, where thousands of supporters took to the streets after the victory of Algeria qualifying match at the Mondial-2010, it was informed police source said Monday.

The fans began to flood the city's Old Port to 22:00, on foot, by car or scooter, wearing Algerian flags and expressing their joy to blow horns.

Shop windows and bus shelters were trashed in the city center, the source said. The incident ended around 00.30am.

Seven people have been placed in custody to the group of urban violence, to "degradation, contempt, resisting arrest and assault on officers with authority." The custody can not exceed 48 hours.

A service of exceptional order was established, with over 150 men engaged, including a company of CRS.

Algeria has beaten Sunday Rwanda (3-1), thereby incorporating 3-point lead in Group C of African Zone qualifying for the World-2010. She held her ticket to South Africa if it does not lose by more than one goal in Cairo against Egypt, November 14.

You even destroyed your own country !! :???: again, when you was WINNING!!
October 12, 2009

Mondial 2010: 71 injured in incidents after the victory of Algeria

ALGIERS - Sixty-one people including three policemen, were injured in incidents after the match-Rwanda Algeria counted for the 5th day of qualifications combined with the World and the 2010 Nations Cup on Sunday evening near Blida d ' Algiers, it was learned Monday from hospital sources.

The injuries were caused by falls and assaults at? Knife after the match in Blida, said the hospital source in the Algerian agency APS.

Several witnesses also reported AFP violence between youths and police before the meeting, but was unable to clarify the circumstances.

The Algeria beat Rwanda 3 to 1 (halftime: 2-1) in that game.

http://berthoalain.wordpress.com/2009/1 ... obre-2009/
fahl
Egg
Egg

Post by fahl »

TonyStarks wrote:The Algerian fans are retaliating by vandalizing the offices of cell phone company Djezzy which is owned by an Egyptian company (Orascom). They're also attacking other offices of the Orascom company which has some construction projects in Algeria.
I guess they were also retaliating to their 'victory' over Rwanda when they detsroyed Marseille last October :thumb: :oops: