Obuh: Eaglets played to impress agents

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Godfather
Egg
Egg

Post by Godfather »

Tuesday, November 17, 2009
GOLDEN Eaglets coach, John Obuh, has said that his players threw their original game plan to the winds and instead played to impress agents in the final of the 13th edition of the FIFA U-17 World Cup.

Nigeria lost 0-1 to Switzerland in the final on Sunday at the National Stadium, Abuja and Obuh acknowledged that although his players were unlucky, they also contributed to the problem in some ways.

"One of the problems we had is that some of the players were trying to play to impress certain agents.

"I did as much as possible to psyche them up to know that this was the most important game of the tournament, and it would not be good for us to come all this way and fall at the final step.

"And that is why I tried my best to keep all those people away from my camp to avoid that distraction,” the former coach of Kwara United explained.

The Nigerians were all over the Swiss in the opening period, and could have been up by at least two goals before the break.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/nov/17/606.html
“Achebe was a writer in whose company the Prison walls fell down.” – Dr. Nelson Mandela.
KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Obuh: Eaglets played to impress agents

Post by KingLoku »

Godfather wrote:Obuh: Eaglets played to impress agents

GOLDEN Eaglets coach, John Obuh, has said that his players threw their original game plan to the winds and instead played to impress agents in the final of the 13th edition of the FIFA U-17 World Cup.

Nigeria lost 0-1 to Switzerland in the final on Sunday at the National Stadium, Abuja and Obuh acknowledged that although his players were unlucky, they also contributed to the problem in some ways.

"One of the problems we had is that some of the players were trying to play to impress certain agents.

"I did as much as possible to psyche them up to know that this was the most important game of the tournament, and it would not be good for us to come all this way and fall at the final step.

"And that is why I tried my best to keep all those people away from my camp to avoid that distraction,” the former coach of Kwara United explained.

The Nigerians were all over the Swiss in the opening period, and could have been up by at least two goals before the break.

exp..... That Emmanuel of a guy ,
No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17 KJV)
legend
Egg
Egg

Post by legend »

KingLoku wrote:

exp..... That Emmanuel of a guy ,
King Oluku :mrgreen: .
Emmanuel did no 'wrong'...........................divine justice nailed the old men :mrgreen: .
Apart from my usual Amodu rantings all in all. He has done very well and the laurels and records speak for itself - MI5

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=157957
tunde72
Egg
Egg
why under 17 lost.

Post by tunde72 »

golden eaglets lost to the personal ambition of OKORO and EMMANUEL. Go watch that match and see how many times does boys have the chance to pass the ball to a better placed player that the want to do it alone.
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
Dinando
Egg
Egg
Re: why under 17 lost.

Post by Dinando »

tunde72 wrote:golden eaglets lost to the personal ambition of OKORO and EMMANUEL. Go watch that match and see how many times does boys have the chance to pass the ball to a better placed player that the want to do it alone.
They lost because you can't win every day or at any cost and besides, they had to lose to save some people faces. The oracles also said that one Nigerian had to lose for the other to progress so the choice was very easy. :sneaky:

On a serious note: that Swiss team was very strong indeed and they deserve to be World Champs!
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

:evil: :twisted:
They lost due to their over-exuberance to the WC 2010 qualification.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Our men were badly exposed.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Sir V wrote:Our men were badly exposed.
:lol: :lol: Old age caught up with them.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

cic old boy wrote:
Sir V wrote:Our men were badly exposed.
:lol: :lol: Old age caught up with them.
:D :D "Tired Legs"?
TonyStarks
Egg
Egg

Post by TonyStarks »

They lost because Switzerland scored more goals than them ... :???:
http://en.dzfoot.com
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

TonyStarks wrote:They lost because Switzerland scored more goals than them ... :???:
They scored 1 goal! Why did you get "goals" from! Egypt will score goals today do! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

TonyStarks wrote:They lost because Switzerland scored more goals than them ... :???:
C'est fini

But I do agree that Okoro and more so, Emmanuel were selfish gits in this game, at one point you can see the team mates venting in frustration..and the coach threatening one of them during the game that he will bench him
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

It's a forgone conclusion the forwards cost us the final...unfortunately Emmanuel have to start, we saw same thing at Egypt ANC when Kanu started we lost, some super-subs are made to be.
TonyStarks
Egg
Egg

Post by TonyStarks »

Undertaker wrote:
They scored 1 goal! Why did you get "goals" from! Egypt will score goals today do! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
If someone had actually bothered to take the time teach you English properly you would have understood why its goals and not goal. Alas, in your case, it was not meant to be.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

TonyStarks wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
If someone had actually bothered to take the time teach you English properly you would have understood why its goals and not goal. Alas, in your case, it was not meant to be.
FC-UK YOU THEN! FC-UK ALGERIA TOO! OLOSHI ! :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
TonyStarks
Egg
Egg

Post by TonyStarks »

Undertaker wrote:
TonyStarks wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
FC-UK YOU THEN! FC-UK ALGERIA TOO! OLOSHI ! :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
Don't be mad, I'm sure there's plenty of English language classes available in your area. You can probably do them part-time, at night or even from the comfort of your own home.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

TonyStarks wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
TonyStarks wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
Don't be mad, I'm sure there's plenty of English language classes available in your area. You can probably do them part-time, at night or even from the comfort of your own home.
You can have you oktak or omu teach me! You better not disappear like the wind after the match! :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
anaedo1
Egg
Egg

Post by anaedo1 »

It is obvious that the boys lost because they were selfish and played individualistic football to impress scouts and agents.
They discarded their trainer's well scripted plan and went rogue with their agenda.
Cry not for them folks,they will learn from this and who knows next time they will stick to the team's strategy for the greater good of all.
Incidentally,why was it that none of all the pious ever discovered psycho-analysis?Why did it have to wait for a completely godless Jew?
Sigmund Freud
legend
Egg
Egg

Post by legend »

anaedo1 wrote:It is obvious that the MEN lost because they were selfish and played individualistic football to impress scouts and agents.
They discarded their trainer's well scripted plan and went rogue with their agenda.
Cry not for them folks,they will learn from this and who knows next time their kids will stick to the team's strategy for the greater good of all.

Finally a post that made sense :mrgreen: .
Apart from my usual Amodu rantings all in all. He has done very well and the laurels and records speak for itself - MI5

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=157957
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

Those old men deserve what they got, the "Siasia Gold." That is what you get for being 30 playing against 16 yr olds, old age caught up with them.

Obuh should sharap, he was outcoached by swiss and his old boyz association let him down.
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

legend wrote:
anaedo1 wrote:It is obvious that the MEN lost because they were selfish and played individualistic football to impress scouts and agents.
Cry not for them folks,they will learn from this and who knows next time their kids will stick to the team's strategy for the greater good of all.

Finally a post that made sense :mrgreen: .
But that is what you get when you picked bunch of old uncoachable men to play in n U-17, most of them are as old as Obuh why would they listen to him ?

Yemi Tella didn't give us any excuses, his boyz listen to him even after winning the cup.
Last edited by mastermind on Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Nigerian coaches are really silly...when they win, they are proud of the boys, when they lose, its becuase they didnt play to instruction.....If they dont play to instruction, isnt that a faliure of leadeship....
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Solowe wrote:
Nigerian coaches are really silly...when they win, they are proud of the boys, when they lose, its becuase they didnt play to instruction.....If they dont play to instruction, isnt that a faliure of leadeship....

too true
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”