The dream is done, I am done

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ElHadary
Suspended Member
The dream is done, I am done

Post by ElHadary »

This was our year, the year we finally qualify for the World Cup. Our golden generation, our best chance to make it in twenty years, now gone. The heroic effort put up to get to this point and to even force it to a playoff took tremendous effort but all for nothing.

I'm heart broken, I will never see Egypt in the World Cup. My dad will die before he sees them in the World Cup, he only has a few more years to live. I planned to take him to South Africa had we won and clinched. But it's all gone now. A dream which started out as a aspirations has subsided into just a dream again.

Congratulations to Algeria, make Africa proud in South Africa.

I'm sick to my stomach. My dad will die never seeing Egypt in the World Cup and so will I. Our golden generation is over. And I'm done with soccer.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The dream is done, I am done

Post by Tbite »

Your dad will not die man.

Cheer up.

2 Consecutive ANCs.....its ohk

you will be there in 2014 and your dad will be alive
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
REDSPYDA
Egg
Egg

Post by REDSPYDA »

ElHadary wrote:This was our year, the year we finally qualify for the World Cup. Our golden generation, our best chance to make it in twenty years, now gone. The heroic effort put up to get to this point and to even force it to a playoff took tremendous effort but all for nothing.

I'm heart broken, I will never see Egypt in the World Cup. My dad will die before he sees them in the World Cup, he only has a few more years to live. I planned to take him to South Africa had we won and clinched. But it's all gone now. A dream which started out as a aspirations has subsided into just a dream again.

I'm sick to my stomach. My dad will die never seeing Egypt in the World Cup and so will I. Our golden generation is over. And I'm done with soccer.

Cmon dont take it like that.. Didnt he see 1990? U guys were there.. Its tough way to lose but take heart
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

tbite wrote:Your dad will not die man.

Cheer up.

He has a terminal illness. He has 2 years left, 3 max. I'm done with soccer, I hope he wasn't watching the game.
Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Catalyst »

Those dropped points to a hapless Zambia has come back to hunt.

Just having 1934 and 1990 on your resume is not good enough for a country that has won this many CAF ANC trophies.

I wanted to see Zidane in SA - oh well best wishes.
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.
The earth is not our home.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7711/opaks.gif
http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bsflag.gif
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Go sit down, have a drink, and cool off.

You guys will be back.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
kongi the emir
Egg
Egg

Post by kongi the emir »

Its ok dude. Take our dad to Angola,he may get to see Egypt win their 3rd ANC or at least see them do well again.Then u can take him to SA to see the first WC in africa.I'm sure he'll appreciate it. :thumbs:
CEO,CFO,PRES,CHAIRMAN,GEN SEC AND DIRECTOR OF THE AMODU SHRINERS SOCIETY
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

kongi the emir wrote:Its ok dude. Take our dad to Angola,he may get to see Egypt win their 3rd ANC or at least see them do well again.Then u can take him to SA to see the first WC in africa.I'm sure he'll appreciate it. :thumbs:
6 ACN championships is not even worth 1 world cup appearance. Yes my dad did see Egypt in 1990 but that's so long ago and I wasn't born then. I can't tell you guys how sad I am. I've given up on soccer. I don't want to feel sorry for myself, I just feel sorry for all thsoe that will die and will never see us in the World Cup again.

Some things aren't meant to be.
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

ElHadary wrote:

Cheer up.

He has a terminal illness. He has 2 years left, 3 max. I'm done with soccer, I hope he wasn't watching the game.
...El Hadary doctors are great but they are not God...God will keep your father and He will not die. I agree with tbite...when two or three agree it shall come to pass...He will ot die...pray it, confess it and it shall be so....I feel you Bro. take courage...
REDSPYDA
Egg
Egg

Post by REDSPYDA »

ElHadary wrote:

Cheer up.

sorry to hear that.. take heart my brother
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

Metho scorpion wrote:
ElHadary wrote:

Cheer up.

...El Hadary doctors are great but they are not God...God will keep your father and He will not die. I agree with tbite...when two or three agree it shall come to pass...He will ot die...pray it, confess it and it shall be so....I feel you Bro. take courage...
The last time I waited for God to intervene, my grandma died of cancer. I grew close to my dad and he'll be gone soon. And we won't be able to share the World Cup together.

Congrats to Nigeria, I hope you do well. But honestly, I won't be watching the World Cup. I'll take a holiday and try and spend time with my dad doing other things.

Soccer is such a beautiful game, until it hits you and you lose, it's just.. I can't describe it. It's beyond sadness and torment.

Goodbye guys. Make Africa proud for us.
Last edited by ElHadary on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

Sorry to hear bro, :sad: .Egypt will qualify to 2014 WC,inshallah.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

ElHadary wrote:This was our year, the year we finally qualify for the World Cup. Our golden generation, our best chance to make it in twenty years, now gone. The heroic effort put up to get to this point and to even force it to a playoff took tremendous effort but all for nothing.

Cheer up dude. Egypt has nothing to be ashamed of.

Record holder of African Cup of Nations titles.
Record holder of African Championsleague titles.

The World Cup thing? well it happens.

Remember Spain for years their supporters endured heartache as the nearly men of Europe, but when it came together it came together with a bang!

If Africa delivers in SA, we may get six spots for keeps and that increases the chances of Egypt going to Brazil 2014 and hopefully you dad will live to see that
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

take heart man. i pray ur dad will be ok. dont give up on football. ur a young dude and will see many WCs which am sure Egypt will be part of. im sure ur dad wouldnt want u to give up on football either.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Can't fault the effort, desire and character of this Egyptian side. In any other year Egypt would have qualified, you just ran into an Algerian side with just as much character, desire and quality.

Can't take away the hurt away esp after coming oh so close but Egypt have nothing too be ashamed of.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

ElHadary wrote:
kongi the emir wrote:Its ok dude. Take our dad to Angola,he may get to see Egypt win their 3rd ANC or at least see them do well again.Then u can take him to SA to see the first WC in africa.I'm sure he'll appreciate it. :thumbs:
6 ACN championships is not even worth 1 world cup appearance. Yes my dad did see Egypt in 1990 but that's so long ago and I wasn't born then. I can't tell you guys how sad I am. I've given up on soccer. I don't want to feel sorry for myself, I just feel sorry for all thsoe that will die and will never see us in the World Cup again.

Nigeria first qualified in 1994, 55 years after our first international in 1939.

That is 53 years in which people never got to see us in the world cup, and then there is the 9 years before that.

Look football is competitive. You say you were not born in 1990. Do you realize how many World Cups Egypt has to look forward.

Your dad comes form a country that has arguably produced the most successful African footballing nation, with the exception of maybe Cameroon.

I am sure he was happy in 1990 and when he does pass on, he can rest assured that Egypt will do him proud

I am sure when you dad was watching Egypt in Italy, he was watching it because he was passionate.

I don't know about the relationship between you and your dad, but I am almost sure that he would want his son to share that same passion til death.

I am not talking about the tragedy of losing your father, I don't know how to console you on that, I have not lost a love one.

but what I can tell you is that if you love football, you should always have faith
Last edited by Tbite on Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
kongi the emir
Egg
Egg

Post by kongi the emir »

dont worry about what u dont have bro,there's plenty to celebrate with your dad.
CEO,CFO,PRES,CHAIRMAN,GEN SEC AND DIRECTOR OF THE AMODU SHRINERS SOCIETY
Dinando
Egg
Egg

Post by Dinando »

Take heart brother!
cyrilndo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cyrilndo »

It is not as bad as you make it sound. It is football.
Time will heal the current pain and when you look back at this post you will laugh to yourself, trust me.
Best wishes
" The best way to have a fair judgement on anything is to imagine yourself sitting somewhere in space watching planet earth with the beings that inhabit it, especially those who call themselves homo sapiens. You have no nationality or tribe, you are not a fan of Arsenal, Barca, Inter Milan, Manchester United etc. You won't see a booty or huge boobs if they walk pass you. Money is like tissue to you. what is your opinion? "

This post has been made by camex whom I have ignored.
kamerun
Egg
Egg

Post by kamerun »

Why does Egypt only show up for the ANC??? I cant answer that question...
goat no fi eat where dey no tie am
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Its only a GAME!. Geez, :curse:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
kamerun
Egg
Egg

Post by kamerun »

tbite wrote:
ElHadary wrote:

Nigeria first qualified in 1994, 55 years after our first international in 1939.

That is 53 years in which people never got to see us in the world cup, and then there is the 9 years before that.

Look football is competitive. You say you were not born in 1990. Do you realize how many World Cups Egypt has to look forward.

Your dad comes form a country that has arguably produced the most successful African footballing nation, with the exception of maybe Cameroon.I am sure he was happy in 1990 and when he does pass on, he can rest assured that Egypt will do him proud

I am sure when you dad was watching Egypt in Italy, he was watching it because he was passionate.

I don't know about the relationship between you and your dad, but I am almost sure that he would want his son to share that same passion til death.

I am not talking about the tragedy of losing your father, I don't know how to console you on that, I have not lost a love one.

but what I can tell you is that if you love football, you should always have faith
You cant be Africa's best and fail every time to qualify for the WC...
goat no fi eat where dey no tie am
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

dude you need to take it easy, what about those other countries that have tried and never qualified for the World Cup, at the end of the day its only football, calm down...
"The house Negro and the field Negro sat at dinner, when the field Negro turned his head, the house Negro put some poison in his food but the field Negro saw him do it and when the house Negro turned his head, the field Negro "turned the tray around."