Monaco Vs Bordeaux (Haruna starts)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Player
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Monaco Vs Bordeaux (Haruna starts)

Post by Player »

Apart from his indiscipline at times, Haruna is a baller, you guys are just hating big time....
"The house Negro and the field Negro sat at dinner, when the field Negro turned his head, the house Negro put some poison in his food but the field Negro saw him do it and when the house Negro turned his head, the field Negro "turned the tray around."
yaya

Post by yaya »

Player wrote:Apart from his indiscipline at times, Haruna is a baller, you guys are just hating big time....
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: thats why I stopped responding to them...make e pepper una..he plays for Monaco, is a starter and starts ahead of french fan favorite couterdeur. make e pepper una, ur clients, Kaita and Olofinjana, are perenial bench warmers are crap clubs like liilipuzizipillilli and Hull.

man, i thank God sey the local coaches wey they sey Haruna dey raise shoulder high high have all been fired, at least Lagerback dont give a damn whether u are wearing shoulder pads or not, if u are good, you will be picked! :thumbs:
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

...yaya, player...so you will take talent over discipline...? never forget U20 Germany in Egypt...bob is a disaster waiting...check out Sulu Mumu-Tari of Inter Millan...
yaya wrote:
Player wrote:Apart from his indiscipline at times, Haruna is a baller, you guys are just hating big time....
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: thats why I stopped responding to them...make e pepper una..he plays for Monaco, is a starter and starts ahead of french fan favorite couterdeur. make e pepper una, ur clients, Kaita and Olofinjana, are perenial bench warmers are crap clubs like liilipuzizipillilli and Hull.

man, i thank God sey the local coaches wey they sey Haruna dey raise shoulder high high have all been fired, at least Lagerback dont give a damn whether u are wearing shoulder pads or not, if u are good, you will be picked! :thumbs:
yaya

Post by yaya »

I will take a talented player to camp and view him for myself, rather than make a decision based on lies and comments from people who are upset because the boy wears shoulder pads..or because he is "raising his shoulder up! up!" I asked, with so much pain, begging people to tell me what Haruna did that shows indiscipline, and all they could come up with was that KOC wrote a 2 line camp "explosive" that one coach said Haruna was doing shoulder up up! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: puleeeaseeee.....I know what that means, Nigerian coaches are looking for a player to dobale for them, to greet them in the morning, afternoon and evening, and player to carry the coaches bag..e.t.c...because Haruna does not have time for that nonsense and because Haruna is not going to bribe them, they cant handle it.

Haruna has enemies in nigerian football, and most especially, in this forum. that tells me that he is the sort of guy who will not bribe anyone, or kneel down to beg for what he deserves. Haruna, if he continues in this part, will be at the world cup! :thumbs:
Metho scorpion wrote:...yaya, player...so you will take talent over discipline...? never forget U20 Germany in Egypt...bob is a disaster waiting...check out Sulu Mumu-Tari of Inter Millan...
yaya wrote:

Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

Metho scorpion wrote:...yaya, player...so you will take talent over discipline...? never forget U20 Germany in Egypt...bob is a disaster waiting...check out Sulu Mumu-Tari of Inter Millan...
yaya wrote:

Hopefully with maturity he will improve in his discipline........
"The house Negro and the field Negro sat at dinner, when the field Negro turned his head, the house Negro put some poison in his food but the field Negro saw him do it and when the house Negro turned his head, the field Negro "turned the tray around."
dcf1
Egg
Egg

Post by dcf1 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:How about Olubayo Adefemi and Uwua Echejiele at Bolougne and Nice respectively? Are their teams playing today and are they starting?
Adefemi as you have written is employed by second-from-bottom Boulogne, and is selected for roughly one third of their matches, but usually as left-back, as he can't diplace their first choice right-back.

Echiejile is employed by mid-table Rennes, and played 5 matches for them last season (and 4 the season before), but has not been selected even once this year and is now no longer allowed to travel with the matchday squad. He is available on a free transfer in France, and Rennes also tried in mid-season to offer him out on loan with them paying half of his salary, but there were no takers.

Echiejile v Taiwo is just like Udeze v Babayaro. There ae people on Cyber Eagles who promote one because they hate the other, but in reality there is only one of the two who is in demand by proper clubs.
yaya

Post by yaya »

Echiejile v. Taiwo is more like J. Loyd Samuel v. Ashley cole. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Agents too full this site, and I am not taking them seriously anymore.
dcf1 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:How about Olubayo Adefemi and Uwua Echejiele at Bolougne and Nice respectively? Are their teams playing today and are they starting?
Adefemi as you have written is employed by second-from-bottom Boulogne, and is selected for roughly one third of their matches, but usually as left-back, as he can't diplace their first choice right-back.

Echiejile is employed by mid-table Rennes, and played 5 matches for them last season (and 4 the season before), but has not been selected even once this year and is now no longer allowed to travel with the matchday squad. He is available on a free transfer in France, and Rennes also tried in mid-season to offer him out on loan with them paying half of his salary, but there were no takers.

Echiejile v Taiwo is just like Udeze v Babayaro. There ae people on Cyber Eagles who promote one because they hate the other, but in reality there is only one of the two who is in demand by proper clubs.
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

dcf1 wrote:

Taiwo is the player people either hated or rate...there's no reason for anyone to hate on Echiejile since he barley players

on CE we can get into debate on players like Taiwo,Mikel,Yakubu,etc since they actually play unlike pinewood generals like Adefemi,Echijelle,Shittu,etc
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Honestly, I like Haruna and I really hope he succeeds. If he succeeds, Nigerian football succeeds too. He is a good player, that is undeniable but the truth is that he needs to grow, he needs to learn basic humility and he needs to improve his tackles. He has gotten 4 yellolw cards in 4 games now. I'm being truthful.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
yaya

Post by yaya »

niyi wrote:Honestly, I like Haruna and I really hope he succeeds. If he succeeds, Nigerian football succeeds too. He is a good player, that is undeniable but the truth is that he needs to grow, he needs to learn basic humility and he needs to improve his tackles. He has gotten 4 yellolw cards in 4 games now. I'm being truthful.

Am glad you brought this up. Can you, please, I am begging you in the name of God, provide me with encyclopedic examples of Haruna's lack of humility. please I am begging, because I have asked this questions over and over agian adn everyone always says the same thing - "KOC said one Nigerian coach (unnamed) said haruna is doing his shoulder up up!"

please I am begging...abeg...give me examples. thanks.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Rabiu Ibrahim is better.

Did you see the way he played when Nigeria was down...

Rabiu is similar to Mikel in my opinion
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

yaya wrote:

Jesus Christ--How do you know all these?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Dammy wrote:Let's be honest, what does Haruna bring to the table? I have watched him a few times this season including today and he looks like a boy lost among men. He hardly touched the ball today and his most news worthy act today was getting a yellow card after a spat with Aliou Diarra. If we were not so desperate this boy would not be in the equation as in my opinion, he is not yet ready.
I was thinking the exact same thing...what does he do all game? NOTHING! Why does he continue to start...I HAVE ZERO CLUE! He simply does NOTHING all its wierd, he might have a nice touch here and there then disappears for 10 minutes then a touch here or there then dives and wins a FK.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
dcf1
Egg
Egg

Post by dcf1 »

Just to sum up from what I watched (combined with L'Equipe's report this morning......

Haruna was excellent as the central attacking midfielder in a 4-2-3-1 formation, playing behind the striker. He was creative, and tackled, dribbled and passed well, although his only real shot was off target. The other posters don't seem to understand that this was a very tactical and technical match: Haruna's team were hosting the league leaders while trying to rack up points themselves to qualify for the Europa League. It was a real midfield battle with very few risks taken by either side: Monaco played 4-2-3-1 AT HOME against 4-1-4-1, so Haruna was closely shadowed by Bordeaux players at all times.

To be honest, if Haruna was a suddenly emerging talent from any other country apart from the top half dozen he would be a dead cert for the World Cup. He has followed the time-honoured tradition of players like Michael Owen (1998) and Leo Messi (2006) in progressing from the World Youth Cup to the World Cup in the course of one season. Inkoom, Vorsah and Ayew will shortly be doing the same for Ghana.

The French press haven't in any way suggested that the yellow card was due to rash or irresponsible play, simply that it was for a mild altercation with France international Aliou Diarra after a mistimed challenge.

L'Equipe singled out Haruna as follows:

"What a pity that he couldn't finish off moves as well as he started them off"

In my opinion his development continues apace - in the space of just three months he has broken into the first team at a major club (Champions League finalists just a few years ago) and is establishing himself in that attacking midfield area where Nigeria is currently short of options. He promises more than any of Kanu, Okocha or Mikel in that he is better at regaining possession and closing down opponents than Kanu and Okocha and he is much quicker than any of those three ever were. We're watching the dawn of a really big career here!

L'Equipe has a picture of him making a challenge for the ball as the centrepiece of page 3.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

yaya wrote:
niyi wrote:Honestly, I like Haruna and I really hope he succeeds. If he succeeds, Nigerian football succeeds too. He is a good player, that is undeniable but the truth is that he needs to grow, he needs to learn basic humility and he needs to improve his tackles. He has gotten 4 yellolw cards in 4 games now. I'm being truthful.

Am glad you brought this up. Can you, please, I am begging you in the name of God, provide me with encyclopedic examples of Haruna's lack of humility. please I am begging, because I have asked this questions over and over agian adn everyone always says the same thing - "KOC said one Nigerian coach (unnamed) said haruna is doing his shoulder up up!"

this kid pissed me off when he said that being the captain of the u-23 team is a god given right...and that is team mates are just jealous.......

with that said if he can knuckle down, listen and work hard, I think that we might have the world at his feet....reminds me of Diaby on his good days....
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Enyi wrote:
yaya wrote:

this kid pissed me off when he said that being the captain of the u-23 team is a god given right...and that is team mates are just jealous.......

with that said if he can knuckle down, listen and work hard, I think that we might have the world at his feet....reminds me of Diaby on his good days....
Yes see I don't want to give examplaes because but you just can tell someone who feels like he's bigger than all. I read an interview where Haruna himself said that his coach called him for a special talk about the football lifestyle.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

maceo4 wrote:
Dammy wrote:Let's be honest, what does Haruna bring to the table? I have watched him a few times this season including today and he looks like a boy lost among men. He hardly touched the ball today and his most news worthy act today was getting a yellow card after a spat with Aliou Diarra. If we were not so desperate this boy would not be in the equation as in my opinion, he is not yet ready.
I was thinking the exact same thing...what does he do all game? NOTHING! Why does he continue to start...I HAVE ZERO CLUE! He simply does NOTHING all its wierd, he might have a nice touch here and there then disappears for 10 minutes then a touch here or there then dives and wins a FK.
You seem to be the only one on this forum that seems to understand what I am talking about. Some CEs are going on about attitude, humility, shoulder up or down, I really do not give a toss about that. I am only interested in what this boy can do on the field and I have watched about 4 of his matches and he seems to play the same way. He is always on the periphery of the game and needs to be more involved. I am happy that a Naija player is starting for Monaco, but I will not be pulling the wool over my eyes. If he plays for the SE in the manner he plays for Monaco, he will be slaughtered on this forum. I hope he can lift up his game for the sake of the SE. dcf1, did you watch the match? if not, do not rely on match reports.
I am happy
yaya

Post by yaya »

Thank you. I think people forget who Monaco were playing.
dcf1 wrote:Just to sum up from what I watched (combined with L'Equipe's report this morning......

Haruna was excellent as the central attacking midfielder in a 4-2-3-1 formation, playing behind the striker. He was creative, and tackled, dribbled and passed well, although his only real shot was off target. The other posters don't seem to understand that this was a very tactical and technical match: Haruna's team were hosting the league leaders while trying to rack up points themselves to qualify for the Europa League. It was a real midfield battle with very few risks taken by either side: Monaco played 4-2-3-1 AT HOME against 4-1-4-1, so Haruna was closely shadowed by Bordeaux players at all times.

To be honest, if Haruna was a suddenly emerging talent from any other country apart from the top half dozen he would be a dead cert for the World Cup. He has followed the time-honoured tradition of players like Michael Owen (1998) and Leo Messi (2006) in progressing from the World Youth Cup to the World Cup in the course of one season. Inkoom, Vorsah and Ayew will shortly be doing the same for Ghana.

The French press haven't in any way suggested that the yellow card was due to rash or irresponsible play, simply that it was for a mild altercation with France international Aliou Diarra after a mistimed challenge.

L'Equipe singled out Haruna as follows:

"What a pity that he couldn't finish off moves as well as he started them off"

In my opinion his development continues apace - in the space of just three months he has broken into the first team at a major club (Champions League finalists just a few years ago) and is establishing himself in that attacking midfield area where Nigeria is currently short of options. He promises more than any of Kanu, Okocha or Mikel in that he is better at regaining possession and closing down opponents than Kanu and Okocha and he is much quicker than any of those three ever were. We're watching the dawn of a really big career here!

L'Equipe has a picture of him making a challenge for the ball as the centrepiece of page 3.
yaya

Post by yaya »

Enyi wrote:
this kid pissed me off when he said that being the captain of the u-23 team is a god given right...and that is team mates are just jealous.....
thank you. More examples will be needed, but this one is a good example. His utterances shows a child that lacks common sense, and I will blame the coach here. I take it he was the captain? on what grounds did the coach give him the captainship? did the coach not "know haruna enough" to know that Haruna is an arrogant spoilt child who should NEVER HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE CAPTAINSHIP?
yaya

Post by yaya »

niyi wrote:
Yes see I don't want to give examplaes .
Why? you dont think i deserve to know these things? you ant me to pay you money first? or you just want to be able to say "he is NOT humble" without prof? why dont you want to give me examples? have i been a naughty boy? :(