Ideye Brown replaces Mikel

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

brainz
Egg
Egg
Re: Ideye Brown replaces Mikel

Post by brainz »

phantomjournalist wrote:
ora wrote:Good choice Lars, is he left footed or what.
He is right-footed.

His left isn't half bad either and his head works brilliantly too.
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

The NFF did everything possible to stop Ideye from playing....it's crazy how things work out
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Has a midfielder, he is good shooting with both, that we can not say about what is his name that is injured.

Maybe hidden blessings with a fresh blood in the team.
He is left footed and a good player
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

WHAT ABOUT ANICHEBE OR UCHE ? WHAT KIND OF NONSENSE IS THIS ?
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Good choice, as I think Brown Ideye brings a lot to the team.

A big striker who is primarily left footed, but uses is right foot and is very good in the air. I was actually sad when he was cut, but there were hints of tardiness and irresponsibility over the whole visa issue, but I'm glad things worked out.

This season, Ideye has excelled in Switzerland and had to move mid season, so some time will be needed to adjust, and he seemed to be coming into his own towards the end of the season.

I really like this player as he gives us a legit target man, maybe even better than Yakubu & Eneramo. We are still thin in the middle tho. I doubt that Kanu can last more than 30 minutes of intense football & I don't trust Kanu anywhere except upfront (He was the real culprit of Tunisia's 2nd goal after giving the ball away in our own half). Still don't get J.Utaka's presence in the team, as he is taking the place of a much needed CM/AM (Ajilore), but I think baring injuries or a rash of cards, we might just be fine.
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

vancity eagle wrote:WHAT ABOUT ANICHEBE OR UCHE ? WHAT KIND OF NONSENSE IS THIS ?
Both of them it is reported have injuries, why replace an injured player with an injured player? I am feeling it for Ike but the coaches know him, know what he brings and if they dropped him it must be for a very good reason.
“Whoever invented football should be worshiped as a God.” Hugo Sanchez, Mexican soccer player and coach
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

E be like say this Ideye chap is not shabby at all.
This might just turn out to be a MASSIVE blessing in disguise.

I've seen too many initial dissapointments turn into great blessings to lose too much hope.
-Simpli fy -
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

African Star wrote:
phantomjournalist wrote:
He is right-footed.
From this Yam Tuber seems like he is both footed :D He also looks tall and good in the air unlike most of the forwards on the team right now. But yamtuber na yamtuber so you can only deduce so much.

http://www.fcsochaux.fr/en/index.php?op ... &Itemid=56

[/video]
The bobo is not bad at all. Better than Bendtner! :thumb:

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

Why are we replacing a midfielder with a striker?
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
GIN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GIN »

Bosso's Boy :thumb:
Samson Siasia speaking FACTs about 2008.
“I have been waiting for this job for almost three years now and that was before the 2008 Beijing Olympics. I was to be the coach of the Super Eagles after the interview conducted for the job. But that time I said no, I wasn’t ready. Now that I am ready, I am not intimidated at all. I am ready for this job,” he declared matter-of-factly" http://africanfootball.mtnfootball.com/ ... m_ID=36099
Chief Bambostic
Egg
Egg
So Ideye will take the no 10 jersey....

Post by Chief Bambostic »

So Ideye will take the no 10 jersey....

...how interesting and ironic...I bet that wouldn't have happened if he had made the squad in the first place...
ceejay22
Egg
Egg

Post by ceejay22 »

Guys I'm sorry, but I dont feel that Mikel is a big loss to us.His absence is actually an excellent opportunity for the other midfielders to rise to the occasion. Mikel does not offer usmuch in the SE, seriously!!!!!
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

he should've called Ajilore..
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet
Location: To my Late Grand-Papa Pa onyemere(he left us oct-26-07) -i miss you -R-I-P

Post by 2drama »

ceejay22 wrote:Guys I'm sorry, but I dont feel that Mikel is a big loss to us.His absence is actually an excellent opportunity for the other midfielders to rise to the occasion. Mikel does not offer usmuch in the SE, seriously!!!!!
i agree

the show must go on
http://www.2dramasports.com is live ,Get SE downloads links or watch online links
Get Your Super Eagles Games on DvD Pm 2drama don't live history have a part of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_national_football_team
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

I am going to go aead and agree with the bumbling Pa J on this one. They should have called Ajilore
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

Ideye is my boy o, i really hope he performs, but on the real why would Lagerback replace a mdifielder with a forward who didnt even play in any of the friendlies... :?
"The house Negro and the field Negro sat at dinner, when the field Negro turned his head, the house Negro put some poison in his food but the field Negro saw him do it and when the house Negro turned his head, the field Negro "turned the tray around."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Theres no ankle injury, its the same knee problem:
kick Off wrote:John Mikel Obi out, Brown Ideye in
http://www.kickoff.com/news/15883/mikel ... update.php

Mikel out of World Cup - update

Posted: 2010-06-05 12:14

Sochaux midfielder Brown Ideye has been called up to replace John Mikel Obi, who has been ruled out of the World Cup with an ankle problem

Sochaux midfielder Brown Ideye has been called up to replace John Mikel Obi, who has been ruled out of the World Cup after failing to recover on time from knee surgery.

Super Eagles Media Officer Idah Peterside had earlier said that Mikel had suffered a fresh ankle injury, but the playert himself told KickOffNigeria.com that it was down to his knee.

"It is the same knee and I did not want to risk any further damage, also I think it is in the best interest of the team for me to withdraw rather than waste a slot," Mikel said. "I wish the team goodluck and I know that they will surprise people."

The midfielder had been in contact with the Chelsea medical staff over the past couple of days and the Chelsea doctor had been scheduled to fly out to South Africa on Monday to keep an eye on him.

Peterside told KickOffNigeria.com that coach Lars Lagerback has called up Sochaux forward Brown Ideye as replacement

"The coach has now decided to call up Brown Ideye to replace him."

Mikel had knee surgery last month to repair a torn meniscus and was expected to be out for two weeks.

He was left out of Nigeria's friendly match against Colombia by coach Lars Lagerback, who explained that the move was only precautionary and trained with the rest of the squad on Friday.

But a bruising developed after he session and after speaking with his advisers, club medical staff and Nigeria captain Nwankwo Kanu, Mikel told Lagerback he wanted to withdraw.

Colin Udoh
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

i aint feeling this at all. Ideleye is a striker not a midfielder. right now we are very thin in Midfield. i fear the stupid dropping of Ajilore willl bite us in the butt.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

RudeBoy wrote:
phantomjournalist wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:What's the guy's record like with Sochaux for last season?
2 goals in 17 starts. :oops:
But 20 goals this season! :thumb:
And 15 of goals in the mickey maus Swiss league.
Dude is just average.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

spastic wrote:I am going to go aead and agree with the bumbling Pa J on this one. They should have called Ajilore

we told you we need a a replacement for every role

2 box to box players Haruna/Ajilore
at least 2 DM's
you get the picture
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: So Ideye will take the no 10 jersey....

Post by goke313 »

could be a blessing in disguise...a #10 who can actually dribble around his opposition and score
patrick
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by patrick »

GIN wrote:Bosso's Boy :thumb:
Nope, Siasia discovery.
When people try to use you to gain relevance, just ignore them. It pains them even more
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

goke313 wrote:The NFF did everything possible to stop Ideye from playing....it's crazy how things work out
when and where did they do this :?