Movement off the ball

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bombastic
Egg
Egg
Re: Movement off the ball

Post by Bombastic »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Ebyboy wrote:[6] Do you think CCC, Onigbinde and Amodu ever raised the issue at their training sessions?

Do you think Lagerback ever raised it? Since it's clearly STILL a problem.
We are not yet there but I have seen some imporovements:

[1] Our first goal against North Korea
[2] Uche Kalu's miss against Argentina
[3] Taiwo's shot against Argentina

Leave Lagerback continue with the work he yhas started. Some of you are failing to realise how low a base we came from.
Do Nigerians coach our boys in their respective clubs? How come they then seemingly forget years of coaching by FCs? Again, with due respect, one week of camping with Amodu Shuaibu could never erase the near-daily drills these players get in Europe. Please let the players bear some responsibility too.
Verbum Sapienti----A word to the wise.
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Bombastic wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Ebyboy wrote:[6] Do you think CCC, Onigbinde and Amodu ever raised the issue at their training sessions?

Leave Lagerback continue with the work he yhas started. Some of you are failing to realise how low a base we came from.
Do Nigerians coach our boys in their respective clubs? How come they then seemingly forget years of coaching by FCs? Again, with due respect, one week of camping with Amodu Shuaibu could never erase the near-daily drills these players get in Europe. Please let the players bear some responsibility too.
Abi oh! Kpom that is......

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Bombastic wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Back in 2002, I remember the Tunisia coach saying that he was always worried when his players came homefor weeks before playing matches because they tended to slump back into their nostalgia and complacency,losing some of the professionalism at their clubs. If you are coaching an African side,maintaining discipline is about 50% of the job.
rudellar
Egg
Egg

Post by rudellar »

Bombastic wrote:Here is another example of excellent movement off the ball:

[/video]
i agree excellent running off the ball. dont 4get 2 give a lot of credit to the other player running with viera in the other direction. his run forced the defender to run with him and that created space for viera. sound basic fundamentals. the guys should know to make runs when attacking. and also the coach should be able to point out basic stuff like this with persistence and emphasis!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Kalu Uche, movement off the ball, or slowly falling forward? Our players are too lazy, lacking in fitness and desire to exert themselves. Shittu was squeezing pe'pe soup from a Lucozade bottle after 15 minutes vs. Argentina, not to mention the handful of crayfish! Big Ron 'loadsa black friends' Atkinson reserves his special saying for players like ours!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Coach wrote:Kalu Uche, movement off the ball, or slowly falling forward? Our players are too lazy, lacking in fitness and desire to exert themselves. Shittu was squeezing pe'pe soup from a Lucozade bottle after 15 minutes vs. Argentina, not to mention the handful of crayfish! Big Ron 'loadsa black friends' Atkinson reserves his special saying for players like ours!
Dude, chill. FFS!
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
ehiosu
Egg
Egg

Post by ehiosu »

omey2k4 wrote:
Ebyboy wrote:Abeg, it's relatively easy to make the kind of deep runs Viera is making in that clip if you have Bergkamp (Henry or Pires) making incisive, timed to perfection, inch perfect passes to you. What's the point of making a run if Nsofor, Osaze or Etuhu have the ball?
Exactly,this what people are skipping.When those guys get theball mkaing a run is useless cuz their decion making is garbage.I was surprised Nsofor released Yak in that friendly against North Korea.These guys u mentioned are horribble ball hogs.
KPOM!