Nigerian journalist harassed over age cheating article.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigerian journalist harassed over age cheating article.

Post by General Trousers »

The truth is that if you create a fake age, you will forget it :D

x
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

wanaj0 wrote:Cellular, people will present those document easily! You can procure ANY document in Naija and that to me is the ROOT of the problem. How difficult do you think it is to get someone in JAMB office to print a result for you? How difficult to get a 'WASC' certficate? That is the key issue that we are not addressing!
Look dude enough of this drivel! Are you telling me our pilots in Nigeria all have fake flying licences and certificates? Our doctors have fake medical certificates? Our president has a fake Phd? Anybody can just fake 5 GCSEs and jamb results and just walk into any university unchallenged? You can just fake your CV and get a job in any company in Nigeria? You don't have to formally study accounting, finance, or whatever, you can just fake the papers and walk into a banking job without anyone checking?

All our govt officials in all positions are operating on fake papers abi? After all if it makes absolutely no difference in Nigeria whether papers are real or fake why would anyone bother spending years (and hard work) getting real papers when they could be making some real dosh with fake papers all along?

When you go to your doctor for treatment your main concern is that he is on fake papers abi? Why would anyone spend 7 yrs in medical school when you can just fake the papers and go cut up people up in hospital and get paid for it? If there is absolutely nothing you can do about fake papers why would anyone even bother studying when they can just fake papers and walk into any university or job?

You see how stupid and fraudulent your argument is? I say fraudulent because you're using this stupid argument to justify doing nothing about corruption, fraud and cheating when all you have to do is call individuals in certain positions to account and most of it will be eradicated. As I've said before, folks like you are part of the problem.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

This entire saga has effectively cemented my disinterest in any youth tournament which Nigeria is participating

The age cheating cancer in Nigeria has taken a whole new dimension whereby Journalists are threatened

The fact that an article may be culled from another source is relevant to the extent that one may be multiplying a possible rumour, on the other hand, one may be multiplying the truth

The fact that NFF are only worried about the timing shows that they have no intention of acting on the story (well apart form threatening the journalist). I don't buy the timing angle. All I am begging for is evidence. I don't care if an evidence is produced as we are in the WYC final and say Chukwudi scores the winning goal. Age cheats must be exposed

Due to the seriousness of the allegations itself, we must also be careful about making allegations about a player's physical features as evidence.

The age cheating is a problem, so is the rash pointing of fingers at possible innocent players, just because we have prior evidence of other players cheating. We must be very careful about this

The fact that the NFF has not instituted or is not concerned about instituting a policy of presenting birth certificates for players representing us at age grade competitions tells me that they are culpable and even if we have only one age cheat in our U17, U20, U23 or Olympic teams, I will not get excited about our team

Once again. It is unacceptable to threaten the life of a journalist..Nothing more to add
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

omey2k4 wrote:
Dr Cristao wrote:omey2k4. I disagree wit you. Yes people have to hustle to make money and live. However to support the cheating of genuine youthful guys out of a spot on our team is unforgiveable. Haba!!

We should clearly state wrong where it is. Nigeria suffers in the long run.

Also lets call a spade a spade - you clearly think Ikwerreman has an agenda that is not genuine. Reading Acheru's writeup where we see clearly that using DOB someone would have had to be a starting defender in a NPL club at age 12 just shows the mockery they are making of intelligence or the harm they are doing!!
Cristao,U know exactky where i am coming from,dont pretend like you dont,nothing is fair in Nigeria,you know it.Even Ikwerreman pretending to Pastor saint on this issue in not clean on many things.
Cristao have you been home to be i n the middle of any of this and see how things are?
Its easy to sit on your computer at home(foreign country) and claim what is right or wrong in Ngieria because the situation is a whole lot worse than some journalist pretending he is doing this because of the best interest of Nigeria.

As a journalist in NIgeria,the people you atatck is the system not the players,how can u blame a player if he can get away with age cheating?Come on now!!!
How come we havent heard Ikman pursue some people in Dolphin FC?
There is more to this than anything,anybody acting surprised is a fool!!!!!
Age cheating has been around in Nigerian football since the 80's,if we want to tackle it,you guys with your powerful opinion that know how the Nigerian system is should go hom and make changes!!!
Dont sit on CE's and act as if you know things are straigh foward in Nigeria.People back home will take food out of ya kids mouth to survive.
All this noise you guys are making wont change much,it will only give room for a betetr cover up for the system.As long a guy can tap leda good,they will attach any age to him,and let him go and butter his bread.Its the style.As I said i dont support it,but thats how it goes.Ikwerreman's intent has nothing to do with benefiting Nigeria,only a dummy will believe that.
To the extent that you imply we should ATTACK the system, I fully concur

I also think you should be careful not to assume people have agendas.

Some players may feel cheating (if they can get away with it) is a way to manage themselves in a system, some journalists may feel that exposing the players is a first step to exposing the system. Im not saying one is right or wrong, just making a point that Journalists may feel powerless attacking the system directly else we get threats or pay ultimate price for their whistleblowing

Again, I agree that the system must be attacked and I think it comes with leadership at the top
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
omo-eko
Egg
Egg

Post by omo-eko »

KingLoku wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: fowl yansh don open confession don start !! He confess say him cull am , instead to do investigation as a journalist , he collect some bottle of beers and roasted dry bush meat for point and kill to yarn opata . Na the heat don fall on am he confess from where he get the news , oloshi .. I'm sure na Ikwereman

yes, oo, Na the yeye houseboy, self accailmed SPORTS JOURNALIST, koc, You better called this your boy to order before it is too late, OLOSHI
Lou The Blue
Egg
Egg

Post by Lou The Blue »

Come on then, how would you prevent age fabrication?

Let's hear your suggestions :thumb:
Yiba
Egg
Egg

Post by Yiba »

Lou The Blue wrote:Come on then, how would you prevent age fabrication?

Disregard all age grade competitions until we are able to perform extremely well at the real world cup.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Yiba wrote:
Lou The Blue wrote:Come on then, how would you prevent age fabrication?

Disregard all age grade competitions until we are able to perform extremely well at the real world cup.
People cheat in secondary school competitions too as you can see. Cheating in Naija footy seems to be more about marketability to foreign clubs than winning youth tournaments.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Yiba
Egg
Egg

Post by Yiba »

niyi wrote:
Cheating in Naija footy seems to be more about marketability to foreign clubs than winning youth tournaments.
Nigerians do not have the monopoly when it comes to cheating. It is a global problem. The Brazilians, Argentinians,etc cheat too. They even use fake EU passports.

We should re-examine the long term benefit of playing age grade competitions.

Sadly, as long as there is a market for age cheats to explore, the problems will continue to plague our football.