AMODU, WE'RE SORRY.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Otitokoro
Egg
Egg
Re: All after the match analysis

Post by Otitokoro »

What is this? An Amodu Kumbaya?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
kulu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kulu »

Otitokoro wrote:What is this? An Amodu Kumbaya?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You damn skippy...I can't stop :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: !
"How can someone qualify his country for the World Cup and then, because he lost a match, everyone is saying they should sack him. Please allow the man to do his work. Nobody is perfect, but if someone can qualify his country for the World Cup, then he deserves some respect. I even heard that it is the second time he has qualified Nigeria for the World Cup. That is huge". - French legend Alain Giresse on Nigeria's Shuaibu Amodu, 2010
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

I still rate Siasia better than Amodu..
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Based on what please?
papparassi Sport wrote:I still rate Siasia better than Amodu..
kulu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kulu »

FEELINGS, not facts... :)
ukwala wrote:Based on what please?
papparassi Sport wrote:I still rate Siasia better than Amodu..
"How can someone qualify his country for the World Cup and then, because he lost a match, everyone is saying they should sack him. Please allow the man to do his work. Nobody is perfect, but if someone can qualify his country for the World Cup, then he deserves some respect. I even heard that it is the second time he has qualified Nigeria for the World Cup. That is huge". - French legend Alain Giresse on Nigeria's Shuaibu Amodu, 2010
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Amodu Houseboys v Sia1 House Girls

Post by zee »

pajimoh wrote:One wins with what he had. The other is a pretender yet to prove himself.

2 WC, 3 ANC's and the other just fell at the last hurdle.

RESPECT AMODU
The great Amodu is an ICON and in my books ..........................the greatest Nigerian ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: How you miss me now.

Post by oloye »

kajifu wrote:Even a European knows this and a former football legend

"How can someone qualify his country for the World Cup and then, because he lost a match, everyone is saying they should sack him. Please allow the man to do his work. Nobody is perfect, but if someone can qualify his country for the World Cup, then he deserves some respect. I even heard that it is the second time he has qualified Nigeria for the World Cup. That is huge". - French legend Alain Giresse on Shuaibu Amodu, 2010
You wonder why the Oyinbos rule the world, they see what emotional people they rule cannot see and have what they lack.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AMODU WOULD HAVE BEATEN GUINEA

Post by zee »

ohenhen1 wrote:Hey Fire SSS bring back Amodu.

:D :D :D
Don't bother, the NFF are already begging the great One...................the crooks don't
want to miss the Brazil 2014 jamboree and the great Amodu is their only 'guarantor'.

The NFF are bloody crooks but no idiots when money is involved.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

zee wrote:
pajimoh wrote:One wins with what he had. The other is a pretender yet to prove himself.

RESPECT AMODU
The great Amodu is an ICON and in my books ..........................the greatest Nigerian ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dude Amodu sucks, he had over 2 years and our football never improved, we couldn't pass or create chances. Our midfield was pitiful and lazy. SSS team has shown it has the ability to improve and become great if handled properly. People need to get over this Amodu nonsense. He was a lucky coach, he rode his luck as far as he could. He was lucky Nsofor saved his behind at home in the 95th minute after being outplayed by Mozambique. He was lucky Tunisia fell apart. He was just plain lucky with pitiful performances, whilst SSS had our team playing well with no luck whatsoever
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

vancity eagle wrote:
zee wrote:

RESPECT AMODU
dude Amodu sucks, he had over 2 years and our football never improved, we couldn't pass or create chances. Our midfield was pitiful and lazy. SSS team has shown it has the ability to improve and become great if handled properly. People need to get over this Amodu nonsense. He was a lucky coach, he rode his luck as far as he could. He was lucky Nsofor saved his behind at home in the 95th minute after being outplayed by Mozambique. He was lucky Tunisia fell apart. He was just plain lucky with pitiful performances, whilst SSS had our team playing well with no luck whatsoever
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Siasia has 'improved' the SE to not been able to win the mighty Ethiopians :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , not qualifying for COMMON ANC :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

The only 'improvement' left for us under the youth coach is not qualifying for the...................WAFU cup :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

vancity eagle wrote:
zee wrote:

RESPECT AMODU
Pssst they played 98 minutes today and Nsofor was on the pitch, oops i forgot Nsofor was lucky today again. Our Football never improved but we went from quarter finalist in the 2008 ANC to 3rd place, wait for it, losing to a team that got to the quarter finals of the WC. The team never improved but it went from not qualifying for the 2006 WC to making the 2010 WC, you guys are pathetic liars who have shame or conscience with your lies. The team has improved now, going from 3rd place in the ANC to not qualifying in a group that has Ethiopia and Madagascar. The last time i checked the only thing i remember Madagascar for was a because of a movie an animated movie and not football.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

oloye wrote: Pssst they played 98 minutes today and Nsofor was on the pitch, oops i forgot Nsofor was lucky today again. Our Football never improved but we went from quarter finalist in the 2008 ANC to 3rd place, wait for it, losing to a team that got to the quarter finals of the WC. The team never improved but it went from not qualifying for the 2006 WC to making the 2010 WC, you guys are pathetic liars who have shame or conscience with your lies. The team has improved now, going from 3rd place in the ANC to not qualifying in a group that has Ethiopia and Madagascar. The last time i checked the only thing i remember Madagascar for was a because of a movie an animated movie and not football.

Oloye, I am trying not to make this about Amodu. Yet you are bringing up all these facts. Wetin now :D
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

spastic wrote:
oloye wrote: Pssst they played 98 minutes today and Nsofor was on the pitch, oops i forgot Nsofor was lucky today again. Our Football never improved but we went from quarter finalist in the 2008 ANC to 3rd place, wait for it, losing to a team that got to the quarter finals of the WC. The team never improved but it went from not qualifying for the 2006 WC to making the 2010 WC, you guys are pathetic liars who have shame or conscience with your lies. The team has improved now, going from 3rd place in the ANC to not qualifying in a group that has Ethiopia and Madagascar. The last time i checked the only thing i remember Madagascar for was a because of a movie an animated movie and not football.

Oloye, I am trying not to make this about Amodu. Yet you are bringing up all these facts. Wetin now :D
Spastic:

I think the beginning of wisdom is when our brothers and sisters realize what is appartent -- a coach is only one of several factors that determines a team's success. It isn't the ONLY factor. Some of the factors are also unknown (Yes, unknown!! i.e. luck).When we know all factors then we would certainly be able to accurately call the result of any game even before it is played. As you know, that will never happen in soccer except when robots begin to play the game.

Amodu's time has gone. He was a great coach and only the mind cannot see that. As for Siasia, I certainly think he is good and capable. All that is needed is for guys to give him the needed support as we move on to the WC qualifiers.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

Enugu II wrote:
spastic wrote:

Spastic:

I think the beginning of wisdom is when our brothers and sisters realize what is appartent -- a coach is only one of several factors that determines a team's success. It isn't the ONLY factor. Some of the factors are also unknown (Yes, unknown!! i.e. luck).When we know all factors then we would certainly be able to accurately call the result of any game even before it is played. As you know, that will never happen in soccer except when robots begin to play the game.

Amodu's time has gone. He was a great coach and only the mind cannot see that. As for Siasia, I certainly think he is good and capable. All that is needed is for guys to give him the needed support as we move on to the WC qualifiers.
Iwhole heartedly agree with the above. And I might even go as far as to argue coaching is one of the lesser important factors, that often gets way too much ink. Especially in National team football where your control, time with the players and ability to impart your philosophy are grossly limited :idea:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

As long as football is a team sport, so long will coaching remain the decisive factor.

spastic wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
spastic wrote:

Spastic:

Iwhole heartedly agree with the above. And I might even go as far as to argue coaching is one of the lesser important factors, that often gets way too much ink. Especially in National team football where your control, time with the players and ability to impart your philosophy are grossly limited :idea:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

So who is the best coach in Africa today?
Who is the best coach in the Prem? In La Liga? In Serie A? In Germany?

Give me their names, and lets see how decisive they are come end of season. :idea:

Coaching being the decisive factor is a fallacy. The reason why it is deemed so is because management have long figured out that coaching is the easiest factor to manipulate. If you don't have good players (or even if you do) and you are not winning as quickly or as well as you want, it is by far easier to change ONE coach, than it is to change 11 or 22 players. So in other to make believe they have done enough, management made a big hoopla of the importance of coaches, so as to make themselves feel better when they change very little. SImply put, the best coach in the world cannot win the Prem with Blackburn, nor La Liga with Getafe, nor Erie A with Bologna, or the ANC with Madagascar. But each team I mentioned might do it if you give the Messi, Ronaldo, Ozil, Thiago SIlva, Lucio and Manuel Neuer. But it will take at least 6, 7 changes for any lowly team to stand a fighting chance. This is often not an avenue open to most teams. So they sell the coach's piprdream, and suckers drink it up all day :idea:

Coaching is often a nonstarter. So long as you are not bad, you often are at the mercy of your talent. Unless you go negative, and Allardyce the whole shebang! :idea:
txj wrote:As long as football is a team sport, so long will coaching remain the decisive factor.

spastic wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
spastic wrote:

Spastic:

ROSSIKE
Eaglet
Eaglet
AMODU, WE'RE SORRY.

Post by ROSSIKE »

AMODU, WE'RE SORRY.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Abeg sir......no vex.

We know you would have taken your team to the next ANC as usual.

You were not appreciated by your countrymen as you ought to have been.

Once again, we're sorry sir. :bored: :bored:

Last edited by ROSSIKE on Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Imagination is more important than knowledge

- Albert Einstein

Naijaboy19
Re: AMODU, WE'RE SORRY.

Post by Naijaboy19 »

ROSSIKE wrote:AMODU, WE'RE SORRY.

Once again sorry sir.
Amodu says be sorry for yourselves.
gosh
Egg
Egg

Post by gosh »

ROSSIKE wrote:AMODU, WE'RE SORRY.

You were not appreciated by your countrymen as you ought to have been.

Once again, we're sorry sir. :bored: :bored:
The cruel manner in which some SE fans, many Nigerians, the Tyrannic Republic of CE, and the NFF treated this decent, quiet and competent man, who loved his country and did all he could to produce nothing but results will forever be a stain on the conscience of Nigerians.

I was sooo saddened by the fact that even though, he qualified the team for the WC, he was still considered NOT good enough and was replaced by an FC. Could he have really performed worse than Largerback? Coach Amodu needs more than just, "we are sorry."

His case was one of the most unconscionable treatments I have ever seen dealt to a successful black coach... worse yet, by HIS own people. Why a coach will be sacked for producing decent results is beyond my comprehension. He was ACTUALLY ON TRACK building the SE, which is what Nigerians have been yearning for. So, why was he sacked ??? Only God and time will vindicate him !! I wish Amodu the best!!!
gosh
Whatever you are chasing is also chasing you!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Amodu sucks plain and simple, no statistics will cover the fact that his team cannot create chances and failed to beat any above average side. Under Amodu we could not beat Tunisia at home, beat Mozambique at the very last second, could not beat Zambia, and lost to a Ghana U20 team. There was absolutely nothing to write home about Amodu's clueless and strategy less play. It was so disjointed and ugly to watch and would have gotten us nowhere. Need I remind you of how Amodu refused to look for new players and just favoured wastepipes like Yak, Olofinjana, and Nwaneri. Amodu was dreadful and just rode his luck, an average team with average results that couldn't beat one decent team during his reign.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

vancity eagle wrote:Amodu sucks plain and simple, no statistics will cover the fact that his team cannot create chances and failed to beat any above average side. Under Amodu we could not beat Tunisia at home, beat Mozambique at the very last second, could not beat Zambia, and lost to a Ghana U20 team. There was absolutely nothing to write home about Amodu's clueless and strategy less play. It was so disjointed and ugly to watch and would have gotten us nowhere. Need I remind you of how Amodu refused to look for new players and just favoured wastepipes like Yak, Olofinjana, and Nwaneri. Amodu was dreadful and just rode his luck, an average team with average results that couldn't beat one decent team during his reign.
dude once in while u should just hush... the bottomline is when it mattered most Amodu came through.... he even made it to the ANC ....nor worry you go watch SE for ANC 2012 well well... I wonder why luck no help siasia?

abi did SE need mozambique to qualify us?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

vancity eagle wrote:Amodu sucks plain and simple, no statistics will cover the fact that his team cannot create chances and failed to beat any above average side. Under Amodu we could not beat Tunisia at home, beat Mozambique at the very last second, could not beat Zambia, and lost to a Ghana U20 team. There was absolutely nothing to write home about Amodu's clueless and strategy less play. It was so disjointed and ugly to watch and would have gotten us nowhere. Need I remind you of how Amodu refused to look for new players and just favoured wastepipes like Yak, Olofinjana, and Nwaneri. Amodu was dreadful and just rode his luck, an average team with average results that couldn't beat one decent team during his reign.
JUST READ WHAT YOU TYPE AGAIN--I BET YOU, YOU WILL UNKPOM YOURSELF...
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
dude once in while u should just hush... the bottomline is when it mattered most Amodu came through.... he even made it to the ANC ....nor worry you go watch SE for ANC 2012 well well... I wonder why luck no help siasia?

abi did SE need mozambique to qualify us?

I am sorry but it was not Amodu who came through. Did Amodu have anything to do with the 95 minute goal vs Mozambique in Abuja when Mozambique played us off the park the whole match in front of our home fans. That was divine intervention that helped us and had nothing to do with Amodu's pathetic game plan. We could have easily been eliminated that day, and there would be no talk of Amodu's record this or that. He was an abject failure who depended on his luck and outside circumstances.