FRIENDLY: 3SC.......7 Dimeji's All Stars.......0

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
FRIENDLY: 3SC.......7 Dimeji's All Stars.......0

Post by Enugu II »

3SC batter Dimeji Lawal's All-Stars

By MTNFootball.com
Friday Dec 14, 16:02 +0200

Shooting Stars dimmed a selected team of players led by ex-international Dimeji Lawal 7-0 in a pre-season game in Ibadan.

Dimeji Lawal blamed Thursday’s heavy loss to fatigue.

"It was fatigue that affected us. We travelled to Osogbo for a match and we just returned in time for this game against 3SC," he told MTNFootball.com

"All the same, I give kudos to Shooting Stars for a wonderful display and if they can continue like this, they will top NPL table come next season.

"The coaches have done a good job and I think continuity has also helped them. Most of their players are still with the team and that is part of good development for the team."

Shooting stars ran up six goals in the first half against a team that included Gbenga Okunowo, Yinka Adedeji, Kabiru Alausa and Kola Ademola.

Ighodalor Osagona gave the NPL outfit the lead after 11 minutes after good work by Seun Akinyemi.

In the 16th minute, Akindele Toluwalase capitalised on a defensive blunder by the All-Stars to make it 2-0 even though All Stars seemed to control the game.

Seven minutes later Chima Akas make it 3-0 courtesy of a direct free kick goal from 28 yards.

Afolabi Okiki grabbed the fourth goal, before Moses Ogaga increased the tally with a spectacular overhead kick after he was set up by Okiki.

Osagona then scored his second goal of the day a minute to half time.

A goal by Gabriel Adikwu in the 63rd minute was disallowed for offside, before substitute Azeez Sobowale converted a penalty nine minutes from time to complete the rout.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg
Re: FRIENDLY: 3SC.......7 Dimeji's All Stars.......0

Post by Toxicarrow »

Very stupid friendly match. It's time for the 3SC management to line up top-notch friendly matches. All these "so-so" friendly matches against non-league and lower-tiered league teams are of little or no value to the actual team-building and cohesion.
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Toxicarrow wrote:Very stupid friendly match. It's time for the 3SC management to line up top-notch friendly matches. All these "so-so" friendly matches against non-league and lower-tiered league teams are of little or no value to the actual team-building and cohesion.
Na their mates :lol: :lol: :lol: ............................you think say a top team like the current NPL champs(on the green grass) Rangers will be playing friendly matches against sooting.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Toxicarrow wrote:Very stupid friendly match. It's time for the 3SC management to line up top-notch friendly matches. All these "so-so" friendly matches against non-league and lower-tiered league teams are of little or no value to the actual team-building and cohesion.
Toxic, many European clubs do the same thing. There's enough time to plan top-notch friendlies before the league resumes in February. I also learnt DLA has not been available since his father died. I'm sure things will be sorted out after the mourning period's over.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Well, we'll see how things play out when the league begins. I'm hoping Shooting can contend for honors in the upcoming season. Player to watch this season is Chima Akas. He was drafted into Eguavon's U-23 team but cropped a long term injury. Now back to fitness I'm really looking forward to seeing what he will do this season.
vosah

Post by vosah »

meanwhile my great Heartland FC thrashed NPL champions Kano pillars... and Dolphins to win the charity cup :mrgreen:
Last edited by vosah on Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
patrick
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by patrick »

mystic wrote:

Well, we'll see how things play out when the league begins. I'm hoping Shooting can contend for honors in the upcoming season. Player to watch this season is Chima Akas. He was drafted into Eguavon's U-23 team but cropped a long term injury. Now back to fitness I'm really looking forward to seeing what he will do this season.
Talabi Makinde is another star to watch
When people try to use you to gain relevance, just ignore them. It pains them even more
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Tokis, as we speak, arrangements are being made foe 3SC to play CE's All Stars. That will be top-notch, since most CE players would be foreign-based. :sneaky:
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

vosah wrote:meanwhile my great Heartland FC thrashed NPL champions Kano pillars... and Dolphins to win the charity cup :mrgreen:
Bros, Heartland lost to Dolphins 1-2 in a friendly in Owerri a few days ago.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vosah

Post by vosah »

Enugu II wrote:
vosah wrote:meanwhile my great Heartland FC thrashed NPL champions Kano pillars... and Dolphins to win the charity cup :mrgreen:
:evil: :evil: :evil: ok i will give you that one, but we will still tame the Enugu rangers anyday!
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

vosah wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
:evil: :evil: :evil: ok i will give you that one, but we will still tame the Enugu rangers anyday!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

niyi wrote:
Toxic, many European clubs do the same thing. There's enough time to plan top-notch friendlies before the league resumes in February. I also learnt DLA has not been available since his father died. I'm sure things will be sorted out after the mourning period's over.
I doubt if there will be any top-notched friendly match before the league starts. I think the board is a little timid to go for top-level matches in order to avoid defeats and criticisms from the fans. Hence, it prefers this low-rated friendly matches. This is 15th friendly matches that the team has played against unknown teams such as Bolowotan FC and Oyo Academy. Granted it won 13 of these, drew one and lost one.

It simply speaks volume and demonstrates that the board is not confident of the team that it has assembled. It was the same nonsense that they did last year. By the time the reality set in, it was too late. If the team was well-prepared for the league last year, we would have been talking of Sooting in the continental championship now.
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Thunder wrote:
Tokis, as we speak, arrangements are being made foe 3SC to play CE's All Stars. That will be top-notch, since most CE players would be foreign-based. :sneaky:
Egbon that will be a new low for 3SC. Kai, 3Sc against CE All-star team of "ball belly Ayo Akinfe" and his gang of Odekun-drinking Mama Calabar friends. God forbid bad thing !
vosah

Post by vosah »

Toxicarrow wrote:
niyi wrote:
I doubt if there will be any top-notched friendly match before the league starts. I think the board is a little timid to go for top-level matches in order to avoid defeats and criticisms from the fans. Hence, it prefers this low-rated friendly matches. This is 15th friendly matches that the team has played against unknown teams such as Bolowotan FC and Oyo Academy. Granted it won 13 of these, drew one and lost one.

It simply speaks volume and demonstrates that the board is not confident of the team that it has assembled. It was the same nonsense that they did last year. By the time the reality set in, it was too late. If the team was well-prepared for the league last year, we would have been talking of Sooting in the continental championship now.
wake up from your reverie and smell the coffee of reality bro,the era of Segun Alabi and Muda Lawal(RIP)are over and gone,that was when Sooting was Sooting...right now you might be asking for too much if you ever dream your useless club will ever smell common shied charity cup let alone the league championship...HEARTLAND FC(the original club of Spartans...and millionaires)are here and back to rule the continent,the golden age is back for us and no going back!
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

mystic wrote:

Sending Chima to Ojoro-Dolphin last year was one of the dumbest move of Mutiu Adepoju and the coaching crew. In the season before last year's, he was one of the shinning stars on the team. But for unknown reasons, Adepoju and his crew traded him to Dolphin.

However, it's good that he is back now. It will be interesting to see how the coaching crew will use him and Adegoke on the left side of defence. Personally, I love to see both of them on the field at the same time-- defence to midfield - instead of benching one for the other. Both will add depth to our attack and defence if they are on together.
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

patrick wrote:
mystic wrote:

Talabi Makinde is another star to watch
Yep....He did well last year and I hope that he continues to grow on us.
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

vosah wrote:
Toxicarrow wrote:
niyi wrote:

wake up from your reverie and smell the coffee of reality bro,the era of Segun Alabi and Muda Lawal(RIP)are over and gone,that was when Sooting was Sooting...right now you might be asking for too much if you ever dream your useless club will ever smell common shied charity cup let alone the league championship...HEARTLAND FC(the original club of Spartans...and millionaires)are here and back to rule the continent,the golden age is back for us and no going back!
Who is Segun Alabi? See how you exposed yourself as a big olodo upon 30 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Your lie as Ibadan born pikin don come out like that :tic: :tic: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
vosah

Post by vosah »

Toxicarrow wrote:
vosah wrote:
Toxicarrow wrote:
niyi wrote:

Who is Segun Alabi? See how you exposed yourself as a big olodo upon 30 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Your lie as Ibadan born pikin don come out like that :tic: :tic: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
pesin no dey make mistake? Segun Odegbami! :wink:
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Toxicarrow wrote:
Thunder wrote:
Egbon that will be a new low for 3SC. Kai, 3Sc against CE All-star team of "ball belly Ayo Akinfe" and his gang of Odekun-drinking Mama Calabar friends. God forbid bad thing !
Tokis, dis wan is quite TOXIC! My own nor dey oooooo!!!!! :woot: :laugh: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
omo-eko
Egg
Egg

Post by omo-eko »

Abi oo :agree:
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Toxicarrow wrote:
mystic wrote:

Sending Chima to Ojoro-Dolphin last year was one of the dumbest move of Mutiu Adepoju and the coaching crew. In the season before last year's, he was one of the shinning stars on the team. But for unknown reasons, Adepoju and his crew traded him to Dolphin.

However, it's good that he is back now. It will be interesting to see how the coaching crew will use him and Adegoke on the left side of defence. Personally, I love to see both of them on the field at the same time-- defence to midfield - instead of benching one for the other. Both will add depth to our attack and defence if they are on together.

Adepoju needs to go back to school to re-learn the rudiments of running a team. I had great hopes for him at Shooting, but to say that his tenure there was a disappointment would actually be an understatement.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

vosah wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Cheii! You tink say Enugu II na Rangers fan? JJC Kpele. :mrgreen:

Anyhow, you are on point that we would whuup Rangers anyday. And while we may have lost to Ojoro Dolphins in a FRIENDLY, we still whupped Pillars in the game that matters - THE SUPER CUP. Let Dolphins stroll into Owerri when it matters and they will not only chopulate cane; but we express mail their behinds back Port Harcourt where they belong! :curse: