CE ANC LOCKOUT!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: CE ANC LOCKOUT!!!

Post by Bigpokey24 »

una still dey go back and forth , abeg i want buy position , i wan ban 1naija
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

Bigpokey24 wrote:why didn't you ask CE folks to donate for you? I told you about this , you ignored me and decided to insult me .. smh
niyi wrote:No problem. Just allow us back after the nations cup.

Abi if I don't have money, what should I do?

Look who's talking? How much did u donate self?

:roll:

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

Bigpokey24 wrote:una still dey go back and forth , abeg i want buy position , i wan ban 1naija

So with $20 you can ban who you want on this forum? Ok mods tell me how much I need to ban Bigpokey for 6 months

:taunt: :taunt:

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Babafad wrote:
AreaDaddy wrote:I remember the days when Oga Celleluar was one of "Us" before he became one of "Them"... 8-)

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=39238#p548329

It is amazing how so much changes, but so much stays the same.

......exactly, just take a look at Barrack Obama.......he isn't doing too badly. However, what needs to be done, will be done.......regardless. Trying to embarrass Cellular, I'm sure will only strengthen his, and a few others, resolve to get the right things done around here.

Members want a stake in the site, then they've got to step up and support it. In hindsight maybe using the word "donation" was wrong......but hey, we are where we are.

I have already made my views clear on the issue of ownership and the running of the site, and I say again (for the umpteenth time) did we have this mess when Allard and then Larry owned the place?? Too many cooks, simply spoil the broth......a classic example is what we see playing out these days.

I am not trying to embarrass Cellular. Far from it. He is doing this job for free and gains nothing from it.

The animal farm allegory is tells us many things about human life one of which the choices you think you will make when you have no responsibility are different from the choices you make when you have responsibility. You may not make the right choices, but have to choose.

I disagree with the lockout, but I believe it was made in good faith. As a person without responsibility I would opted for everyone to collectively endure a slow site so when I call for discussions on how to fix it people will be focused.

But as I no get responsibility it is easy for me to say.

Lastly I am fully in support of a communally owned site. After all many people joined hands over the years to keep CE going why should an individual or group of individuals reap the reward???
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

soma wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:una still dey go back and forth , abeg i want buy position , i wan ban 1naija

So with $20 you can ban who you want on this forum? Ok mods tell me how much I need to ban Bigpokey for 6 months

:taunt: :taunt:
:rotf:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
seara
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by seara »

dkib wrote:Babafad, I would rather this forum continue as is as against the self sustaining model you think best but I would suggest an all year round donation drive making it possible for people to donate in their periods of boom. Even Seara with all her 'responsibilities' will find times when she does not mind to give CE $10 or more as the case may be but this might require CE accounts being opened in the major locations so as not to over burden the guys whose accounts are currently being used.
Yes. :thumbs:
Don't take us too serious, we're here to Rant and Rave. - otite
accidental on purpose - Cellular
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

AreaDaddy wrote:
Babafad wrote:
AreaDaddy wrote:I remember the days when Oga Celleluar was one of "Us" before he became one of "Them"... 8-)

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=39238#p548329

It is amazing how so much changes, but so much stays the same.

......exactly, just take a look at Barrack Obama.......he isn't doing too badly. However, what needs to be done, will be done.......regardless. Trying to embarrass Cellular, I'm sure will only strengthen his, and a few others, resolve to get the right things done around here.

Members want a stake in the site, then they've got to step up and support it. In hindsight maybe using the word "donation" was wrong......but hey, we are where we are.

I have already made my views clear on the issue of ownership and the running of the site, and I say again (for the umpteenth time) did we have this mess when Allard and then Larry owned the place?? Too many cooks, simply spoil the broth......a classic example is what we see playing out these days.

I am not trying to embarrass Cellular. Far from it. He is doing this job for free and gains nothing from it.

The animal farm allegory is tells us many things about human life one of which the choices you think you will make when you have no responsibility are different from the choices you make when you have responsibility. You may not make the right choices, but have to choose.

I disagree with the lockout, but I believe it was made in good faith. As a person without responsibility I would opted for everyone to collectively endure a slow site so when I call for discussions on how to fix it people will be focused.

But as I no get responsibility it is easy for me to say.

Lastly I am fully in support of a communally owned site. After all many people joined hands over the years to keep CE going why should an individual or group of individuals reap the reward???
Kpom. Never knew a Baba Eleran/agbero look alike can drop such knowledge.

When you get to position of authority, you will have access to so many info that will affect your outlook to life and hence influence your actions. That is the real life!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I probably should have donated

I think I determined the reason for my breakdown after the Burkina Faso match.

Usually in Nigerian matches, I insult the players as they make the mistakes, so I release all my anger gradually.

However in the Burkina Faso match, I was not commenting on CE, so i was not releasing my anger. After the match, all the anger just built up...and I didn't handle it well.

My brother does not usually watch Nigerian matches....hopefully he comes out and watches the match with me, so we can insult the players together if the need arises.

Or alternatively Nigeria plays well..and I don't have to insult the players at all.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
jus2nang
Egg
Egg

Post by jus2nang »

Tbite wrote:I probably should have donated

Usually in Nigerian matches, I insult the players as they make the mistakes, so I release all my anger gradually.

However in the Burkina Faso match, I was not commenting on CE, so i was not releasing my anger. After the match, all the anger just built up...and I didn't handle it well.

My brother does not usually watch Nigerian matches....hopefully he comes out and watches the match with me, so we can insult the players together if the need arises.

Or alternatively Nigeria plays well..and I don't have to insult the players at all.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Some people are simply useless in their current role, like the guy in my avatar...
Fourteen
Egg
Egg

Post by Fourteen »

Tbite wrote:I probably should have donated

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Baggy
Egg
Egg

Post by Baggy »

Cellular wrote:
ROTC wrote:Given that the board met its donation target, isn’t it a bit harsh locking others out? If there’s a consequence for not donating, then it’s no longer a donation or a fund drive…it’s become a membership fee. I’m almost certain CE will always meet its donation target even without full participation. Let’s not forget, the best things in life are free :wink:

Seriously, is there a reason for this other than retribution?
It is a donation!

One does not need to donate. The folks who have donated will have certain privileges as opposed those who have chosen not to.

We asked for less than 7 cents a day to help run the site. Folks will still post but not during games involving Naijaria...
If the board is going down this route which is fair in a sense, then, the board is open to forumers to know how much is collected, how much is needed for the up running and for how long wots collected will last for - basically accounting for wots donated which also i think will b fair.
However, late or no late how can one still make a donation.
Thank you.
I now see through the eyes of JESUS CHRIST - An Indian woman HEALED by our LORD JESUS CHRIST @ Ben Hinn Healing Crusade .
What About You?

What we do, does not define who we are, what define's us is how well we rise after we have fallen.

The only consistency of the referees is there Inconsistencies - Wigan FC Manager.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

MODERATORS:
The lockout is solid idea...
Even though I am affected as I tried to donate but none of the channels are available to me.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
flaming10
Egg
Egg

Post by flaming10 »

WHO IS THE FOOL THAT BLOCKED ME.. DID YOU GUYS CHECK YOUR LIST BEFORE BLOCKING PEOPLE.... ROBBYNICE COME OUT NOW....THIS IS INSANE... YES "INSANE" I SAY
T.E.A.M
Together Everyone Achieve More
Jaidi
Egg
Egg

Post by Jaidi »

Just give me back access for the Ethiopia match!!
Naija4lyfe
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija4lyfe »

so even with the lockout CE was still slow.
Naija4lyfe
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

With all due respect, this is a very dumb decision for many reasons, but I will give you 3.

1. This forum does not provide specific services such as audio/video streaming functionality which justifies an additional upkeeping fee beyond standard server/isp fees for maintenance.

This decision, and the timing sounds like an attempt to generate revenue for peoples pockets (i.e. 4~1~9.) rather than a genuine request for longterm financial support.

2. The Super Eagles are a very average team, and trying to use them to generate revenue is like someone using a rotten mango to sell fruits. It stinks!

3. There are so many other places on the web for Nigerians to meet and discuss various sporting activities, all of which are free of charge. You will only end up driving traffic away from your site instead of towards it., which is very poor business thinking.

If you really wanted to generate revenue, you could have kept the site free to the public, and look to advertising revenue as a means for generating truly sustainable, long-term revenue. But as a result of your poor business accumen, you are not only driving traffic away from your site, but also losing your subscriber base for good.

As a result, I will kindly tell you to shove your blocking where it does not shine, and kindly close my account ,...permanently.

I will be on the lookout for the next smart super eagles fan who decides to offer a true fan forum, with services worth paying for.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

flaming10 wrote:WHO IS THE FOOL THAT BLOCKED ME.. DID YOU GUYS CHECK YOUR LIST BEFORE BLOCKING PEOPLE.... ROBBYNICE COME OUT NOW....THIS IS INSANE... YES "INSANE" I SAY
I was locked out too, presumably for criticising the lockout.
http://www.naijiant.com/
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Naija4lyfe wrote:so even with the lockout CE was still slow.
Maybe it has something to do with the slow minds that decided this was a good idea.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Kai this is the first time i am learning of this. I am raging :curse: :curse: :curse:

Why didnt you guys send this as a PM to all members. Not everyone reads the messages at the top

Guess i better donate then eh :P :P
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Cellullar,

I already told you I can't cough up the money yet...
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
sinequanon
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by sinequanon »

Samora Moises Machel wrote:Kai this is the first time i am learning of this. I am raging :curse: :curse: :curse:

Why didnt you guys send this as a PM to all members. Not everyone reads the messages at the top

Guess i better donate then eh :P :P
It's a donscription. :lol:
There'll be time enough for counting, when the dealing's done..

https://voca.ro/1dk47QJEvGY2
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

Lock Out is a BAD Idea.

It will only drive people away with the eventual death of Allard's Concept.

The Challenge is to figure out practical solution for everyone.
Babafad
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babafad »

cic old boy wrote:
flaming10 wrote:WHO IS THE FOOL THAT BLOCKED ME.. DID YOU GUYS CHECK YOUR LIST BEFORE BLOCKING PEOPLE.... ROBBYNICE COME OUT NOW....THIS IS INSANE... YES "INSANE" I SAY
I was locked out too, presumably for criticising the lockout.
CiC

Sincere apologies.....you were locked out by mistake.

We had you down on the list of donors as CIC and not CIC OLD BOY and that led to us locking out the wrong handle as there is a CIC registered on the forum.

My brother, we are really sorry.
Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional.