11 year wait is over for West Africa

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
11 year wait is over for West Africa

Post by ohenhen1 »

All West Africa Semifinals

Might as well break away and focus on the WAFU tourney.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 11 year wait is over for West Africa

Post by bret- hart »

ohenhen1 wrote:All West Africa Semifinals

Cameroon na West Africa?? I sure say na F9 u get for Geography
Last edited by bret- hart on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
munie
Egg
Egg

Post by munie »

Nope!
It should read...Ghana's 31+ wait will be over shorlty :P
KB
Egg
Egg

Post by KB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
We are too strong for the rest of the continent!
The more widely Christianity was diffused, and the greater the number of people unprepared for it who were brought under its sway, the less it was understood, the more absolutely was its infallibility insisted on, and the less possible it became to understand the true meaning of the doctrine. Leo Tolstoy, 'The Kingdom of God is within you', Chap 3
KB
Egg
Egg

Post by KB »

Let's 'zone' the trophy in West Africa for the next 10 years!
The more widely Christianity was diffused, and the greater the number of people unprepared for it who were brought under its sway, the less it was understood, the more absolutely was its infallibility insisted on, and the less possible it became to understand the true meaning of the doctrine. Leo Tolstoy, 'The Kingdom of God is within you', Chap 3
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

bret- hart wrote:

Cameroon na West Africa?? I sure say na F9 u get for Geography
You are right Cameroon is Geo politically located in Central Africa.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
brainz
Egg
Egg

Post by brainz »

Nigeria was the last West African AFCON winner. 19 years you mean
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

This whole 'zonal' thing is so retarded and I swear only CEers care about it.

When Cameroon won the ACN you didnt see central Africans celebrating.

When Tunisia/Egypt won, you didnt see north Africans celebrating.

When Zambia won I doubt Zimbabweans, Namibians, South Africans, etc etc saw it as a victory for south Africa.

So you mean to tell me if Nigeria wins the ACN, you will have Nigeriens, Senegalese, Gambians, Ivorians, etc celebrating it as a victory for west Africa?

Nonsense :roll: :roll: :roll:
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Heliopolis wrote:This whole 'zonal' thing is so retarded and I swear only CEers care about it.

When Zambia won I doubt Zimbabweans, Namibians, South Africans, etc etc saw it as a victory for south Africa.

So you mean to tell me if Nigeria wins the ACN, you will have Nigeriens, Senegalese, Gambians, Ivorians, etc celebrating it as a victory for west Africa?

Is celebrating Continental success retarded because many root for African Countries in International tournaments too! :D

Anyway, Samora was most certainly celebrating when Zambia won and I was in Kenya and they are desperate for any form of East African success. Their federation is always looking for ways to make the region more competitive.

You can't tell me that you are not a tad bit disappointed that no North AFrican team made it out of the group stages, heck even Lamouchi, the Ivorian coach looked glum when talking about it.

You'd better believe that it's a good thing to have the Countries around you doing well, maybe because you are North African you are taking it for granted. I'm pretty sure that countries like Niger, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Togo, Benin (who have a slew of Nigerian players anyway) benefit from the success of their neighbours and where would the SE be without having to constantly step up to the level of Cameroon and vice versa.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Why shouldn't we celebrate the West African Success?

West Africans are Brothers and closer to each other than they are to other regions.

Africa is like your extended family, West Africa is the nuclear family.

God Bless West Africa, the best region in Africa. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Kai. West African teams are Africa's only hope of lifting the WC. Simples.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Aj1211
Egg
Egg

Post by Aj1211 »

Heliopolis wrote:This whole 'zonal' thing is so retarded and I swear only CEers care about it.

West African countries are close to each other and relatively better integrated than say North African countries. In our regional bloc, we have free movement of people, a common currency for most and a common passport! We go to war for each other and jointly contribute to our common security. We have a regional parliament (albeit one with milk teeth) and a regional court. Our histories are long and intertwined (modern Ghana is even geographically removed from ancient Ghana, as modern Benin is removed from Ancient Benin).

Long and short, we feel close, and it's not our fault if other regions don't have that comraderie amongst themselves.
Asiedu
Egg
Egg

Post by Asiedu »

Aj1211 wrote:

West African countries are close to each other and relatively better integrated than say North African countries. In our regional bloc, we have free movement of people, a common currency for most and a common passport! We go to war for each other and jointly contribute to our common security. We have a regional parliament (albeit one with milk teeth) and a regional court. Our histories are long and intertwined (modern Ghana is even geographically removed from ancient Ghana, as modern Benin is removed from Ancient Benin).

Long and short, we feel close, and it's not our fault if other regions don't have that comraderie amongst themselves.
kpom,we are collectively responsible for each other...
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

I only want Nigeria to win anyone else can chop dust
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Yes, collective responsibility for West Africa. Makes a lot of sense when you glance at the politics in the region over the past few years. West Africans sure do care about each other...I mean, they cared so much that they let foreign troops walk into Mali, Ivory Coast, etc. West African solidarity :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: