Why I accepted NFA job –Odegbami

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

naija4ever
Egg
Egg
Location: Latitude 14' 40 N Longitude 90' 31 W(Nollywood 4Ever)
Why I accepted NFA job –Odegbami

Post by naija4ever »

Former Green Eagles captain, Chief Segun Odegbami, is unperturbed by the enormity of the challenges he would face as the NFA Secretary General, saying he has accepted the offer to better the lot of Nigerian football and chart a new course for the game.

Odegbami told Daily Sunsport that he was not bothered by the barrage of criticisms from the public because he was out to better the lot of Nigerian football.

"I have received many calls from far and wide, and heard so much from the press; taking the job of Secretary General of the Nigeria Football Association (NFA), is out of the interest I have for Nigerian football.

"If we all say that we won’t do the job because of one reason or the other, then nothing would be done to position Nigerian football where it belongs.

‘I have listened with rapt attention to what has been said of the changes in the NFA. First, I will say that I did not lobby for this job, but have accepted the appointment given to me because there is need for me to help Nigerian football move to the next level.
"If I keep saying that I won’t take this responsibility, then, I won’t be making any headway in helping change the focus of Nigerian football," Odegbami said at his Festac residence.
On the threat of FIFA banning Nigerian over the impasse, Chief Odegbami said he had been in touch with FIFA and that the issue at the moment does not bother FIFA because they were briefed before anything happened.

"When this appointment was made, I was not even aware. Though people have questioned the style of the minister’s procedure, I want to say that it has nothing to do with the person of Odegbami. People should leave me out of it. All I want to do is to do my best to put Nigerian football where it rightly belongs," he said.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/f ... 05-001.htm
Schillachi wrote:Thanks Ghana. I hope this defeat will forever cure us of our colonial mentality when it comes to Coaches...

mystic wrote:
Now, we can criticise CCC for this, that and the other - some of which is warranted, and some of which is complete hogwash. But, in my view, these are the prinicipal areas in which he has been a disappointment.
All the same, I salute Christian Chukwu for his efforts, his selflessness and his hard work. He has served his country to the best of his ability. The predicament that we are in, right now, is not soley of his making and we should all keep that in mind.

The two players are in different worlds. Ade is too young to be compared to Kanu. Kanu has been around and has raked in laurels upon laurels. If he is not scoring, he is assisting; and if he is not, he is entertaining ... one of the finest players in the world. Please for past times, compare Kanu to Brazilian Socrates..bbc606
kongi the emir

Post by kongi the emir »

Its all good , just leave something behind :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
omo-eko
Egg
Egg
od

Post by omo-eko »

Odegbami has nothing to offer but total failure his record speak's for it self odegbami is a born failure and bundle of disapponitments
HAWKEYE
Egg
Egg

Post by HAWKEYE »

So Odegbami did not lobby for the "supposed'' position,

Yet he's willing to to change or chart football administration in the right direction through an illegal "selection" process 'stead of "election".

You can say that to the marines - P-L-E-A-S-E.

The very firsr step towards proper football administartion in the country is the independence of an elected NFA board as per FIFA statute.

As he (Odebgami) has been advised by many, he should not wipe away all the glory and respect he earned on the field outside it.

If I were him, I would respectfully decline the offer.
CAPTAIN HAWKINS
Al B Sure
Egg
Egg

Post by Al B Sure »

Omo-eko
How can you just come here and say that Odegmami 'is a born failure'? hmmmmmmmmmmm
WINNERMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Why I accepted NFA job –Odegbami

Post by WINNERMAN »

naija4ever wrote:Former Green Eagles captain, Chief Segun Odegbami, is unperturbed by the enormity of the challenges he would face as the NFA Secretary General, saying he has accepted the offer to better the lot of Nigerian football and chart a new course for the game.

Odegbami told Daily Sunsport that he was not bothered by the barrage of criticisms from the public because he was out to better the lot of Nigerian football.
"I have received many calls from far and wide, and heard so much from the press; taking the job of Secretary General of the Nigeria Football Association (NFA), is out of the interest I have for Nigerian football.

"If we all say that we won’t do the job because of one reason or the other, then nothing would be done to position Nigerian football where it belongs.

‘I have listened with rapt attention to what has been said of the changes in the NFA. First, I will say that I did not lobby for this job, but have accepted the appointment given to me because there is need for me to help Nigerian football move to the next level.
"If I keep saying that I won’t take this responsibility, then, I won’t be making any headway in helping change the focus of Nigerian football," Odegbami said at his Festac residence.
On the threat of FIFA banning Nigerian over the impasse, Chief Odegbami said he had been in touch with FIFA and that the issue at the moment does not bother FIFA because they were briefed before anything happened.

"When this appointment was made, I was not even aware. Though people have questioned the style of the minister’s procedure, I want to say that it has nothing to do with the person of Odegbami. People should leave me out of it. All I want to do is to do my best to put Nigerian football where it rightly belongs," he said.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/f ... 05-001.htm
Crass opportunism on display here,l find these hard to believe. The word 'mathematical' now has a new meaning!
As for me and my house we will serve the LORD.-----JOSHUA 24 VS 15.

Life in Christ is not a change,it is an exchange. Your ashes for his beauty,your weakness for his strenght ,your destiny assured and a bonus of a victorious life on earth. lt is an irrestitible exchange.
Chief Gabtigab
Egg
Egg

Post by Chief Gabtigab »

Any man who was willing to subject the nation to a disgrace known as the WC bid for personal gains should not be allowed near this kind of powerful position. He has proven how corrupt he can be.

From Fry pan to fire.
PT Teacher Oni aka Backstabber. The NFA aka Thieves. Betty "Sisi" Vogts aka Fraudster.
CRIME: Destroying Nigerian Football. VERDICT: GUILTY AS CHARGED. SENTENCE: Na God Go Punish Them.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: od

Post by Enugu II »

omo-eko wrote:Odegbami has nothing to offer but total failure his record speak's for it self odegbami is a born failure and bundle of disapponitments

Omo-eko:

Hopefully, you have not taken seriously the recent article where Odegbami described himself as failing in several endevours.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

I heard he was a strong supporter of Sani Abacha's corrupt ways.
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

this is a ggod thing for nigerian football. as we know back in the days when odegbami play football...around the time when it was a fad to have hang doughnuts on your belt. u see a belt can be made of rubber and artificial rubber was discorvered by accident just like penicillin which one takes when they are sick. whaich reminds me one of my relatives is sick so i have to dirve him to the hospital. drive can also be used as to send someone away as in "drive him away from there". see drive sounds like dive whose past tence is Dove, not the bird that represents peace which looks kinda like a pidgin. i liek to call pidgins air rats thy eat everything and are filthy.....

so where was i
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Molue Conductor wrote:this is a ggod thing for nigerian football. as we know back in the days when odegbami play football...around the time when it was a fad to have hang doughnuts on your belt. u see a belt can be made of rubber and artificial rubber was discorvered by accident just like penicillin which one takes when they are sick. whaich reminds me one of my relatives is sick so i have to dirve him to the hospital. drive can also be used as to send someone away as in "drive him away from there". see drive sounds like dive whose past tence is Dove, not the bird that represents peace which looks kinda like a pidgin. i liek to call pidgins air rats thy eat everything and are filthy.....

so where was i
Uhn?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg