wahala- FIFA gives nigeria friday ultimatum

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ikwerreman
Egg
Egg
wahala- FIFA gives nigeria friday ultimatum

Post by ikwerreman »

the report is still sketchy for now, but those of you who have contacts in Zurich can call.
A member of the NFA or is it NFF board called me just now to give me this story.
HE says the FIFA chaps are serious and really angry and would ban Nigeria by Friday if...
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

They should go ahead....What are they waiting for?
Soldier of Fortune...
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: wahala- FIFA gives nigeria friday ultimatum

Post by Enugu II »

ikwerreman wrote:the report is still sketchy for now, but those of you who have contacts in Zurich can call.
A member of the NFA or is it NFF board called me just now to give me this story.
HE says the FIFA chaps are serious and really angry and would ban Nigeria by Friday if...

IKMAN:

Frankly, FIFA is doing the right thing. The Minister must now take the blame and rescind the actions that he has taken. The likes of Galadima must stand firm and make the Minister make amends. I am hoping that this news is confirmed.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ikwerreman
Egg
Egg

Post by ikwerreman »

Enugu II wrote:
ikwerreman wrote:the report is still sketchy for now, but those of you who have contacts in Zurich can call.

IKMAN:

Frankly, FIFA is doing the right thing. The Minister must now take the blame and rescind the actions that he has taken. The likes of Galadima must stand firm and make the Minister make amends. I am hoping that this news is confirmed.

i have no doubt it will be confirmed.
An influential NFA board called me about about half an hour ago.
He even asked me to check the FIFa website for more info and get back to him, but it is not yet on their site.
He says they all agreed to let Galadima do all the talking to the press for now, that is why he did not want his name mentioned.
kongi the emir

Post by kongi the emir »

This is a bunch of crap. U guys think FIFA is naive enough to let naija cover its eyes with wool? Please let respect ourselves.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ikwerreman wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

IKMAN:

i have no doubt it will be confirmed.
An influential NFA board called me about about half an hour ago.
He even asked me to check the FIFa website for more info and get back to him, but it is not yet on their site.
He says they all agreed to let Galadima do all the talking to the press for now, that is why he did not want his name mentioned.

Ikwerreman:

I hope that this comes true. Frankly, I have been impressed with both the stance of Galadima and his board as well as the club owners eventhough I felt the club owners could easily be broken by the Ministry. The fact is that this is a battle on principles and I am astounded as to how people even believe that this has anything to do with Ogunjobi. I care very little for Ogunjobi, yet I believe this is a fight that needs to be fought. I strongly believe that Galadima and the others believe that this has very little to do with Ogunjobi.

If FIFA acts, then what the Ministry can do is rescind the decision but go ahead and charge Ogunjobi and whoever else is accused of corruption to the EFCC. Changes in personnel should come from the FA that is the bottom line and not the Minister.

The key fight back tactics from the Minister (A highly risky alternative strategy) is to shut off the money from the MInistry to the FA which will force the FA to negotiate on some of these matters. I say that this is a highly risky alternative because the Minister (if he chooses this) will likely face adverse media criticism as well as public outcry which will threaten his very existence as a Minister.

Wait and watch that is what we can do now.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that maybe a ban might be a blessing in disguise and the best thing for Nigeria after all. Besides, we stand a better chance in 2010. With the next WC only 17 months away, we can't afford a repeat of JK2002, coz that is where we are heading to right now. We are saddled with an inept, visionless and corrupt FA, a Minister with an over bloated Ego and coach who at the 11th hour before every game never has a clue what team he is going to put out for a major competition (not to add the insult of fielding players who have never seen each other until hours before kick off). A coach that has failed to assemble anything that remotely has the semblance of a 'TEAM'

The current shambles is just heart wrenching. We are our own worst enemy.

:(
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Things can only get worse with our futbol... Let them ban us we don't deserve to be at the world cup....
Soldier of Fortune...
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Things can only get worse with our futbol... Let them ban us we don't deserve to be at the world cup.... :evil: :evil: :evil:

NFA or NFF, Sports Ministry and all others should all burn in hell... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Soldier of Fortune...
mke1010
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mke1010 »

Mr.Shows/MI5-I appreciate your concern but may your prayer for doom fall short. What good did it to do us when we missed ANC? What good would it do us to miss WC2006 and be in the same position come 2010? Under no circumstance should Nigeria be in a position to miss the WC. Personally, with the talent we have, I beleive that 2006 could be our best showing ever- even with all the adversity.

Those of you willing to have a ban handed down on us at a moments notice seem willing to have Nigeria go thru the pain of restructuring that such punishment will bring about. Interestingly, this same lot of people are unwilling to go thru the growing pains of developing our own coaches-go figure.
I keep on pointing you guys to Brazil who went thru a long period of internal development and our now enjoying the dividends.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Mk1010,

I just look at it from an overall point of view. Our sports especially futbol needs an overhaul and if this ban takes place it will be better. You said some valid points but we cannot continue like this anymore. What we are doing is patching our futbol in a bandage like fashion and sooner or later the bandage will peel off..

We need to get our youth soccer back on track. That is the engine room and heart of our futbol, we cannot be deceiving ourselves anymore and the SE can only carry the country in sports so far.

As for the coaches it's a non factor anymore. If the root is bad then the whole tree will be bad...

We can't continue to have clueless morons like Musa Mohammed run our sports. he doesn't know anything. Mr Shows has said it all...

mke1010 wrote:Mr.Shows/MI5-I appreciate your concern but may your prayer for doom fall short. What good did it to do us when we missed ANC? What good would it do us to miss WC2006 and be in the same position come 2010? Under no circumstance should Nigeria be in a position to miss the WC. Personally, with the talent we have, I beleive that 2006 could be our best showing ever- even with all the adversity.

Those of you willing to have a ban handed down on us at a moments notice seem willing to have Nigeria go thru the pain of restructuring that such punishment will bring about. Interestingly, this same lot of people are unwilling to go thru the growing pains of developing our own coaches-go figure.
I keep on pointing you guys to Brazil who went thru a long period of internal development and our now enjoying the dividends.
Soldier of Fortune...
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Ikewerreman is this a scare tactic?

Journalists are easily used for such purposes. Be careful! :wink:
Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mister Dolly »

If FIFA should ban us, I hope al the parties, minister, NFA exec and board will sack themselves as there won't be any thing left in our football to hang around for...useless bunch of folks.. :x
"Because of Jesus, it's a glorious life...."
Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet
It's true...Ikwerreman is right..

Post by Mister Dolly »

I can absolutely confirm that a FIFA letter was received at the Glass house today with absolutely a stern warning that the Minister must rescind "ALL" not some of all his decisions or Nigeria must consider itself banned from all international competitions from close of business Friday January 7th.

The letter was received by "sacked" Sec Gen, Chief Ogunjobi and a copy will be sent to the Minister in the morning.

A memo is also being prepared for forwarding to President Obasanjo on this ensuing imbroglio. The minister meanwhile is reportedly not backing down.

Na siddon look I dey now.
"Because of Jesus, it's a glorious life...."
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

enuguii, DON'T YOU THINK THAT...

...Galadima, the NFA and their traveling companions would be more convincing and stand on firmer ground if they can come up with their own financing independent of the fed. govt.?
Bell
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

I back the minister 100% on this. These people have done nothing but ruin our football, now they refuse to go and hide behind a interferinf FIFA. Why does FIFA not ban the USA for that nonsense penalty style they have in their league. It is only third world countries they can hala at. Idiots.

If it means a ban for the minister o clean house, then so be it.
To stop trying is to start dying
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

mke1010 wrote:Mr.Shows/MI5-I appreciate your concern but may your prayer for doom fall short..
MKE:
Don't you know that some will bite off their nose just to spite their face?!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Bell wrote:enuguii, DON'T YOU THINK THAT...

...Galadima, the NFA and their traveling companions would be more convincing and stand on firmer ground if they can come up with their own financing independent of the fed. govt.?
Bell

Bell:

Certainly true independence can be sustained through independent financing but presently the alternative route to independent is through the cloak of FIFA protection.

Let me add that obtaining that the type of financing needed for true independence will not be something that can be accomplished overnight. In fact, there appears right now two programs where the potential exists (in my opinion) i.e national team soccer and the premier league. The premier league will require a lot of work to obtain the type of sustaining financing that is needed.

To finance the women unit and age grade competitions may require far more.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Shownoja wrote:If it means a ban for the minister o clean house, then so be it.
Unfortunately, the Minister is not "cleaning house". Because if he was, he would start with Salisu Ababukar, who oversaw perhaps the single most corrupt appendage of Nigerian football administration -- the league! What the Minister is engaged in is merely a power play. Unfortunately for him, he has apparently chosen the wrong time, wrong subject matter and wrong tactics.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Perhaps rethinking the issue, the minister should actually reinstate the Ogunjobi NFA, then totally strangle them financially, which means withdrawal of all state funding including that Glass house they call home.

There will only be one winner in this, and that will be the minister.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote:Frankly, FIFA is doing the right thing. The Minister must now take the blame and rescind the actions that he has taken. The likes of Galadima must stand firm and make the Minister make amends.
EII:
In all modesty, as I previously predicted, the only pragmatic compromise would be for the Minister to rescind his decision and "persuade" the NFA Board to make similar changes itself (or have the affected personnel "resign") -- and toss out Salisu Abubakar's league board as currently constituted.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Shownoja wrote:There will only be one winner in this, and that will be the minister.
On the contrary...
There will be NO "winner"!

Rather, everyone will lose...
Including the Minister -- and NIGERIA!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Gotti wrote:
Shownoja wrote:There will only be one winner in this, and that will be the minister.
On the contrary...
There will be NO "winner"!

Rather, everyone will lose...
Including the Minister -- and NIGERIA!
Nigeria will live to fight another day, but in this current face-off between the minister and the Ogunjobi NFA, tell you the minister will come out of this smelling rosy, with Ogunjobi in the EFCC net to boot.