CAF WC PLAYOFF FINAL ROUND

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
CAF WC PLAYOFF FINAL ROUND

Post by vancity eagle »

Will be as such

Seeds

Nigeria
Ghana
CIV
Mali
Tunisia

Non seeded

Cameroon
Egypt
Congo
Senegal
South Africa

I will take Congo or S Africa with full confidence

I would really want to avoid Cameroon and Senegal.

How confident are u that Keshi can defeat these teams home and away parading the likes of Babatunde, Sunday "MIA" Mba, and Akpala ?
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CAF WC PLAYOFF FINAL ROUND

Post by Sir V »

Kai! you must mention the name Keshi. :) :) :)
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
miky
Egg
Egg

Post by miky »

vancity eagle wrote:Will be as such

Seeds

Nigeria
Ghana
CIV
Mali
Tunisia

Non seeded

Cameroon
Egypt
Congo
Senegal
South Africa

How confident are u that Keshi can defeat these teams home and away parading the likes of Babatunde, Sunday "MIA" Mba, and Akpala ?
the only team i fear there is egypt!!
A lion never dies it sleeps (Rip..Foe)

An Eagle never dies it soars Rip (Big Boss)
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

miky wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:Will be as such

Seeds

Nigeria
Ghana
CIV
Mali
Tunisia

Non seeded

Cameroon
Egypt
Congo
Senegal
South Africa

the only team i fear there is egypt!!
Even Congo is very good.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

I say it one last time: THERE IS NO SEEDING IN THE FINAL ROUND. IT IS A LOTTERY. ANY OF THE QUALIFIED TEAMS CAN MEET!!!
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
opine
Egg
Egg

Post by opine »

bushboy wrote:I say it one last time: THERE IS NO SEEDING IN THE FINAL ROUND. IT IS A LOTTERY. ANY OF THE QUALIFIED TEAMS CAN MEET!!!
As crazy as it sounds, it looks like Bushboy is right. I've been too lazy to check it myself when I see ppl arguing about it. Unless CAF announces a change, it is not stated that there will seeding. See round 3 on this fifa pdf http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/tournam ... ica_en.pdf
Tbite wrote: Yes we have deadweights in our team like Babatunde, Agbim and Rueben, but they are OUR deadweights! Our wastepipes! We must love them...respect them! If we do not love our junks....who will? Who?
wazobia
Egg
Egg

Post by wazobia »

opine wrote:
bushboy wrote:I say it one last time: THERE IS NO SEEDING IN THE FINAL ROUND. IT IS A LOTTERY. ANY OF THE QUALIFIED TEAMS CAN MEET!!!
As crazy as it sounds, it looks like Bushboy is right. I've been too lazy to check it myself when I see ppl arguing about it. Unless CAF announces a change, it is not stated that there will seeding. See round 3 on this fifa pdf http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/tournam ... ica_en.pdf
That document says that the procedure for round three will be announced. No where does it say there will be no seeding
WOWO = ONO (oh no!) = OBO

WOWO 'We only want Oyinbo'

ONO 'Oyinbo na Oyinbo'

OBO 'Oyinbo be Oyinbo'
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

wazobia wrote:
opine wrote:
That document says that the procedure for round three will be announced. No where does it say there will be no seeding

Don't mind them, reading comprehension is a must.
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Sir V wrote:Kai! you must mention the name Keshi. :) :) :)
Before Keshi, it was Amodu. VE's complex knows no bounds.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

Sir V wrote:Kai! you must mention the name Keshi. :) :) :)
Symptoms Of obsession :rotf:
Peter Obi For President 2023
brainz
Egg
Egg

Post by brainz »

wazobia wrote:
opine wrote:

Nowhere does it say either that there will be seeding. As you were
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

CAF will be extremely stupid to do that. If you pitch your best teams together and you end up with rubbish teams repping Africa.

I can guarantee there will be seeding. Maybe 2 pots with teams from pot A playing teams from pot B
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Don't put Tunisia on that list just yet.

We're a complete and utter joke. Could easily end up missing the KO stage.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Ethiopia will likely qualify ahead of South Africa.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

We are the African Champions and we are not afraid to play anybody. Personally I will prefer the evil that we know (Cameroon, Congo) than the good that we don't know (Ethiopia and co.)
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
opine
Egg
Egg

Post by opine »

wazobia wrote:
opine wrote:
fair enough
Tbite wrote: Yes we have deadweights in our team like Babatunde, Agbim and Rueben, but they are OUR deadweights! Our wastepipes! We must love them...respect them! If we do not love our junks....who will? Who?
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Cameroon just changed their coaching staff ... AGAIN. 3rd coach in recent months ... THE KING (Samuel Eto'o) is injured and won't play on Sunday in Togo. Second best scorer (Choupo Moting) is also injured. All the other strikers average 5 goals per Season ...
Cameroon is on the bubble.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Robbynice wrote:We are the African Champions and we are not afraid to play anybody. Personally I will prefer the evil that we know (Cameroon, Congo) than the good that we don't know (Ethiopia and co.)

What r u talking about ? Do u just say any stupid thing ? We have played Ethiopia 3 times in the past 2 years. When last have we played Congo or Cameroon ?
galoise
Egg
Egg

Post by galoise »

Unless you are employed by CAF why should we take you seriously? Why should your opinion be the right one?! Africa man... Na so we di end up di fight wars left and right! CAF hasnt announced how the 3rd round pairs will b determined and wont make that announcement until September. That not withstanding most people believe it will seede based on either FIFA's or CAF's rankings.
Last edited by galoise on Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

galoise wrote:
Unless you are employed by CAF why should we take you seriously? Why should your opinion be the right one?! Africa man... Na so we di end up di fight wars left and right! CAF hasnt announced how the 3rd round pairs will b determined and wont make that announcement until September. That not withstanding most people believe it will seede based on either FIFA's or CAF's rankings.
Seeding the teams will be the correct thing to do. Why should FIFA be dictatiing to Africa (CAF)? I am sure nobody in Europe want to see the winners of ITALY/SPAIN or NETHERLANDS/GERMANY represent Europe without seeding! These awkward matchups WILL occur should CAF think otherwise.
FIFA recently said they won't allocate more slots to Africa if they failed to improve there performance at the world stage. Is FIFA trying to justify there message by sending the 'wrong' African teams to the world cup?
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

There will be seeding, CAF will not be in charge of the final round, it will be FIFA. FIFA will follow its statutes when it comes to qualifiers.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

FT Sierra Leone 2-2 Tunisia

Thank you to the Sierra Leone GK..basically cost a superior Sierra Leone a deserved 3 points.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'