My take on the performance of the eagles .

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

calico.chuks
Egg
Egg
My take on the performance of the eagles .

Post by calico.chuks »

Having watch all the three matches Nigeria played at the confederation cup,my assessments re as below

Enyeama is still okay but one would ve expected him to scream at his last defender not to cross the line leaving Alba to run freely to score.He is still poor in handling crosses and i think Ejide could do better in that department but overall is he better than Enyeama? i don't think so.

Our two central defenders are good but lacks experience.There is room for improvement anyway.If Omeruo moves to Chelsea is it going to help him to develop further when he will be on the bench in every match? I doubt it.Godfrey should forget about moving to top European team where he will sit on the bench rather i would say moving to newly promoted Hull City or Crystal Palace will earn him regular playing time thereby improving him more.

Ambrose:He has never been at the level he was during the nations cup since we won that tournament.Coaches and players sees our right side of defense as being vulnerable which all the three teams succeed in doing.He needs competition in that wing.He can't cross ball either which surprises me.

Echiejile:What more can i say about this guy.He is the most improved Nigeria player in this tournament for me.Hardly out of position unlike Ambrose.Has improved on one on one situation.Always available to receive pass with an improved first touch.He has started crossing the ball which is encouraging but i think we need Taiwo to push him hard in that position.Though he will be first choice.

Ogude:Poor first match with an improved second match and even better third match but Onazi will still play ahead of him.

Mikel:Good tournament.I doubt if any midfielder has done better than him in this tourney so far.Now the question is shall we continue using him in this position? Mikel Offers stability when at the center midfield.Is there any player you think that can do similar job while Mikel is pushed further front? Or shall we allow him to sit with Onazi and introduce Lukman to take up that position? Can he handle it? I doubt.What about Kalu Uche? Is he able to do it? Or should we experiment with Ogu in that position? Many questions that Keshi needs to answer in our next match.

Mba/Ogu:Mba has never been the same after the nations cup.Maybe he hasn't played enough matches.But his ball control is not up to standard required by an SE player.He is untidy with his passes but can run at defenders.For me,he should be on the bench.
Ogu seem good prospect but not a starter for me.He has better first touch but lacks creative spark to be a starter.Lukman and Kalu Uche re better for me.

Ahmed Musa:Good pace,run at defenders but lack ball sense and his decision making ain't up to standard.Not a starter for me but could come in when opponents starts to tire.

Edumadu:Good addition,can finish but i think he is good enough to be on the bench.Not a starter for me.Moses owns that spot.

Ideye Brown:Hmmm.It surprises me how he got 21 goals in the league this past season.Poor first touch,can't finish and posses limited skill to go past the last man or even keeper but tends to do well with Emenike on the field.His work rate is immense.For me,the trio of Moses,Ideye and Emekia should start next match for me with Emenike leading the line.

Uja:let me see who will mention his name on this forum again.

Akpala:He doesn't have what it takes to even be a squad member.

Olaitan:Poor player.

Moving forward we need to persuade Anichebe to come back because we need him.Invite Lukman,Imoh,bring back Nosa if fit and try Ajegun.
vosah
Re: My take on the performance of the eagles .

Post by vosah »

calico.chuks wrote:Having watch all the three matches Nigeria played at the confederation cup,my assessments re as below

Enyeama is still okay but one would ve expected him to scream at his last defender not to cross the line leaving Alba to run freely to score.He is still poor in handling crosses and i think Ejide could do better in that department but overall is he better than Enyeama? i don't think so.

Our two central defenders are good but lacks experience.There is room for improvement anyway.If Omeruo moves to Chelsea is it going to help him to develop further when he will be on the bench in every match? I doubt it.Godfrey should forget about moving to top European team where he will sit on the bench rather i would say moving to newly promoted Hull City or Crystal Palace will earn him regular playing time thereby improving him more.

Ambrose:He has never been at the level he was during the nations cup since we won that tournament.Coaches and players sees our right side of defense as being vulnerable which all the three teams succeed in doing.He needs competition in that wing.He can't cross ball either which surprises me.

Echiejile:What more can i say about this guy.He is the most improved Nigeria player in this tournament for me.Hardly out of position unlike Ambrose.Has improved on one on one situation.Always available to receive pass with an improved first touch.He has started crossing the ball which is encouraging but i think we need Taiwo to push him hard in that position.Though he will be first choice.

Ogude:Poor first match with an improved second match and even better third match but Onazi will still play ahead of him.

Mikel:Good tournament.I doubt if any midfielder has done better than him in this tourney so far.Now the question is shall we continue using him in this position? Mikel Offers stability when at the center midfield.Is there any player you think that can do similar job while Mikel is pushed further front? Or shall we allow him to sit with Onazi and introduce Lukman to take up that position? Can he handle it? I doubt.What about Kalu Uche? Is he able to do it? Or should we experiment with Ogu in that position? Many questions that Keshi needs to answer in our next match.

Mba/Ogu:Mba has never been the same after the nations cup.Maybe he hasn't played enough matches.But his ball control is not up to standard required by an SE player.He is untidy with his passes but can run at defenders.For me,he should be on the bench.
Ogu seem good prospect but not a starter for me.He has better first touch but lacks creative spark to be a starter.Lukman and Kalu Uche re better for me.

Ahmed Musa:Good pace,run at defenders but lack ball sense and his decision making ain't up to standard.Not a starter for me but could come in when opponents starts to tire.

Edumadu:Good addition,can finish but i think he is good enough to be on the bench.Not a starter for me.Moses owns that spot.

Ideye Brown:Hmmm.It surprises me how he got 21 goals in the league this past season.Poor first touch,can't finish and posses limited skill to go past the last man or even keeper but tends to do well with Emenike on the field.His work rate is immense.For me,the trio of Moses,Ideye and Emekia should start next match for me with Emenike leading the line.

Moving forward we need to persuade Anichebe to come back because we need him.Invite Lukman,Imoh,bring back Nosa if fit and try Ajegun.
where did Olaitan come from? :?
calico.chuks
Egg
Egg

Post by calico.chuks »

Babatunde sorry.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

vosah wrote:
calico.chuks wrote:Having watch all the three matches Nigeria played at the confederation cup,my assessments re as below

where did Olaitan come from? :?
And Edumadu?
I am happy
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Obi, best midfielder in the tournament thus far? Really? Hmmmm, based on first half displays or full ninety minutes?
calico.chuks
Egg
Egg

Post by calico.chuks »

No other midfielder has impressed me more to be honest.Close to him is Paulihno of Brazil.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Ok. Do you watch second-halves or switch off at 45?