Joga Bonito - Legendary Okocha!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Okocha10
Egg
Egg
Joga Bonito - Legendary Okocha!!!

Post by Okocha10 »

Shriners Only!

[/video]
<b> EGBON MEKUS OF CYBEREAGUS</b>
kalani
Egg
Egg
Re: Joga Bonito - Legendary Okocha!!!

Post by kalani »

The best of the best.
megapro wrote:
Yobo’s problem is easy to analyze. His name is Omeruo. You don’t have to be a genius, just a normal guy like me to understand that we’re talking about frustration. It’s not easy for a player to see how he’s outperformed by a 19 year-old kid, but the kid is fantastic. I had the courage to play him and the problem is very simple.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Wetin we win from 94 to 2006? Abeg mek we hia wod joo!!!
OCCUPY NFF!!
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Wetin we win from 94 to 2006? Abeg mek we hia wod joo!!!
Nations cup

5th place world Ranking

World wide recognition and respect

Olympic Gold medal.
Peter Obi For President 2023
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Anyone who doesn't appreciate Okocha isn't worth bothering about :!:

Cheers.
valachi
Egg
Egg

Post by valachi »

You cant by give Jay Jay his props, I have been around the world, when they know I am Nigerian they ask about Jay Jay, Kongi the game is about entertaining as well, ask defenders if they like to face that man, he made most of them look absolutley stupid. Jay Jay made an impact around the world please lets celebrate own. Ohun a ni la ngbe laruge!!
IN SIAONE WE TRUST. BONAFIDE SE COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Will we ever get another JJ? :cry: :cry: :cry:
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
oluphemmie007
Egg
Egg

Post by oluphemmie007 »

felarey wrote:Will we ever get another JJ? :cry: :cry: :cry:
and may we never get another JJ
Manchester United: Trophies Yesterday, Today and Forever

This is Cybereagles...expect anything.
dhoney
Egg
Egg

Post by dhoney »

valachi wrote:You cant by give Jay Jay his props, I have been around the world, when they know I am Nigerian they ask about Jay Jay, Kongi the game is about entertaining as well, ask defenders if they like to face that man, he made most of them look absolutley stupid. Jay Jay made an impact around the world please lets celebrate own. Ohun a ni la ngbe laruge!!

.....ask Aka Kuame...victim of several dribbles.... :laugh:
And Jesus said to the only leper that came back to thank Him after He healed ten.... "Chai....na only you waka come?".
Okocha10
Egg
Egg

Post by Okocha10 »

oluphemmie007 wrote:
You prefer the likes of MBA? :clap: :clap: good!
Okocha10
Egg
Egg

Post by Okocha10 »

Babalawo wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Wetin we win from 94 to 2006? Abeg mek we hia wod joo!!!
Nations cup

5th place world Ranking

World wide recognition and respect

Olympic Gold medal.
Just to name a few. :thumbs: :thumbs:
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I wonder what our entire footballing universe will turn into however....

If the likes of Onazi, Mikel and Moses add one more ANC to their belt.

hmmmmmmmmmm

Food for thought.

Or God Forbid........two more.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Toftin of denmark suffered on that move twice.....2drama need to get footage of Nig vs IVC in 94,Nig vs Italy 94....king Fahd cup in 95 vs Mexico,Vs Zambia 94,France 98 vs Spain..chei Ivan Campo suffered....man too much highlights...ronaldinho definitely took something from JJ at PSG
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

oluphemmie007 wrote:
:shock: :shock: :shock: You don't want:
The guy Sir Alex famously spoke of and said "with Okocha, Bolton can beat any team in world football." (note Fergie is not into shrining especially when it comes to opposition players)
The guy that caused Mario Zagallo (3 time WC winner, 1 as coach) to run onto the pitch like a little boy to ask for his shirt after playing against him.
The guy football legend George Best while on his death bed with few words to utter said was the best player in the premiership in the midst of Henry and Ruud Van Nistelrooy. Best said he was THE BEST because he made it look easy.
The guy that got a commentator fired for shrining activities despite the fact that he was playing against his country.
The guy that nearly caused a riot in Zimbabwe after the crowds gathered around the SE hotel and demanded he come out so that they can pay their respects and salute him before he played against them.
From a renowned zimbabwean journalist....

"There are very few african soccer stars who at their peak of their european careers have fruitfully toiled the african fields. With all due respect to their hitherto godly reputation , I would like to remind all of the likes of George Weah , Tony Yeboah , Samuel Kuffour and Shabani Nonda who suffered or face such tragedy. Remember AFCON 96 where Weah and Yeboah failed to fit the billing . They had accumulated so many accolades in europe to such an extent that they were a must see...alas....up to now I still contend they owe us refunds. As fans based in the mother continent certainly we deserve a good part of their superflous exhibitions. It's almost as if they switch off once the Greenback disappears. What a shame ! At least last weekend I finally got my money's . I met they midfield magician called OKOCHA. Yes I squeezed into the packed stadium (like sardines) in Harare and saw OKOCHA doing a thorough job on ZIM. It was a one man show . He displayed all sort of assortments from his depthless bag - he had so many tsamayas alone , I counted about 4 different varieties , not to mention the back heels , the show-me-your-number z, shona-pansi z ,the dangling carrot z , the shiboboz and others which were nameless due to their originality.How he squeezed-in the whole act in only 90mins was puzzling. So stunning was his magic and imagination that by the time Peter Ndlovu , Nengomasha , Nyandoro et al woke up he had LEFT THE BUILDING! "
The question every SE fan will have to contemplate at one time or the other is:

Will we ever get another JJ? :cry: :cry: :cry:
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Okocha10 wrote:
oluphemmie007 wrote:
You prefer the likes of MBA? :clap: :clap: good!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: He wants someone with poor ball control compared to OGA that used ball control to drop Fabregas on his butt.

Jidesho
Egg
Egg

Post by Jidesho »

JJ was just another YouTube/MoTD player. That's why he was a journeyman and had an average club career.

Don't compare Ronaldinho to him please.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

I smh when I read people shrinning some footballers but pray Naija should never have another jayjay. I mean this is Jayjay the greatest Naija footballer of all time we are talking about here! SMHBT!

Anyway, may God bless Jayjay. The man who was the matter of many hearts; the apple of million eyes. Just saw the recent exhibition match in Ghana two weeks ago and they all wanted to see one person. They wanted to see not Yeboah, not Adebayor, not Kanu, not Desailly, no no no...not any of them, but one person. They only wanted to see JAYJAY OKOCHA!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
dhoney
Egg
Egg

Post by dhoney »

Jidesho wrote:JJ was just another YouTube/MoTD player. That's why he was a journeyman and had an average club career.

If Desaily, Cantona, Kalusha, Radebe, Gullit saw Okocha as an incredible player...who cares about what Jide thinks ?.. :laugh:
And Jesus said to the only leper that came back to thank Him after He healed ten.... "Chai....na only you waka come?".
kalani
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani »

Do you know many footballers were disowned by their own children after seeing Okocha useless them. A certain Premier League legend had to sleep in a hotel for two weeks after the embarrassment he suffered at the hands of Jay-Jay.
megapro wrote:
Yobo’s problem is easy to analyze. His name is Omeruo. You don’t have to be a genius, just a normal guy like me to understand that we’re talking about frustration. It’s not easy for a player to see how he’s outperformed by a 19 year-old kid, but the kid is fantastic. I had the courage to play him and the problem is very simple.
Jidesho
Egg
Egg

Post by Jidesho »

dhoney wrote:
Jidesho wrote:JJ was just another YouTube/MoTD player. That's why he was a journeyman and had an average club career.

If Desaily, Cantona, Kalusha, Radebe, Gullit saw Okocha as an incredible player...who cares about what Jide thinks ?.. :laugh:
He was the poster boy of African football for a year or two of course they would compliment him.

The reality is he's nowhere near the elite of African soccer. Drogba, Eto'o, Abedi Pele, Yaya Toure, Kanu, Weah etc these are World class footballers that proved themselves at the highest level.

Their individual and domestic Honours far exceed anything JJ accomplished. They played at the highest level while Okocha was with 3rd tier teams like PSG, Bolton and Frankfurt.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Imagine JJ in today's team alongside Mikel......
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Catalyst »

Okocha10

Have you noticed that every post you have contributed to this forum has always been about Okocha?
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.
The earth is not our home.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7711/opaks.gif
http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bsflag.gif
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Jidesho wrote:
dhoney wrote:

He was the poster boy of African football for a year or two of course they would compliment him.

The reality is he's nowhere near the elite of African soccer. Drogba, Eto'o, Abedi Pele, Yaya Toure, Kanu, Weah etc these are World class footballers that proved themselves at the highest level.

Their individual and domestic Honours far exceed anything JJ accomplished. They played at the highest level while Okocha was with 3rd tier teams like PSG, Bolton and Frankfurt.
PSG was not a 3rd tier team back in the day. Don't know if you remember there was a time french footy was up there like when Marsielle won the CL. PSG back then will be like Chelsea today. OGA was the most expensive african footballer ever at one time and you could say he's amongst those that paved the way for more african superstars like we have today. Should we say Odegbami or Christian Chukwu were crap because they didn't play for Loserpool and Real Madrid?

At the very least, you can identify a legend by what legends in the game say about him. OGA has an enviable list including:

Sir Alex Ferguson (Does he know about the worth of a player talkless on a queh queh football team like Bolton?)
Mario Zagallo (I bet he wouldn't know a great player even if he hit him in the face)
George Best (Does he know anything about footy in England?)
Pele (Listed OGA amongst FIFA 100 greatest of all time. Predicted an african team winning the WC by 2000)

This is by no means the full list as others like Ronaldinho remain. It takes something special for Mario Zagallo to run onto the pitch like a little boy to ask for OGA's shirt. That is like Franz Beckenbauer doing the same thing for a player today, can you imagine that picture???