2013/2014 All things CHELSEA Thread!!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: 2013/2014 CHELSEA RUMOR TRANSFER/DEVELOPMENT THREAD

Post by paj »

The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

?? yes i can goto chelseafc.com also but what exactly are you posting ? angel*
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Willian Passes Medical at Spurs, But About to Sign For C

Post by Cristao II »

Metho scorpion wrote:...It is recorded on BBC gossip page that...Chelsea owner Roman Yeyemovich has telephoned Anzhi Makhachkala owner Suleyman Kerimov to offer £32m for winger Willian...in an attempt to prevent Willian from joining Tottenham...will have so much to hate this year...Chelsea, Man City, Barcelona, Bayern Guardiola...
I dey laff .. Chelsea vs Spurs derby go hot this season. Enough beef this season.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Cristao II wrote:now i hear Arsenal is involved. What is his agent doing?
His "agent" is Kia Joorabchian
Kiavash "Kia" Joorabchian (Persian: کیاوش جورابچيان‎) is an Iranian-born British-educated businessman largely involved in association football.

In the register of directorships at Companies House in London, Joorabchain gives two nationalities, Canadian and British, as well as two names, "Kia Joorabchian" and "Kia Kavash", and two dates of birth, 14 July 1971 and 25 July 1971.[2]

Although routinely described in the press as a football agent, Joorabchian is not a licensed agent. The involvement of unlicensed agents in transfers in the English Premier League is prohibited by the Football Association.[3] Joorabchian does not himself claim to be an agent, saying "I think the agency business is very different". He describes his business as advising players on their rights and clubs on transfers and contracts.[4]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kia_Joorabchian
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

analyzer wrote:For now its all rumours. ? Will be revisited later.
To be clear, mata and willian are NOT in anyway similar.
Jm could be thinking kdb/hazard/oscar can do mata's job. Make no mistake, none of them is currently as good as mata.
The obsession with rooney is ridiculous imo. But na siddon look mode activated. Definitely need a striker

Oscar is more intelligent, tactically...and offers much greater balance

Mata of course is superior going forward...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Cristao II wrote:
Metho scorpion wrote:...It is recorded on BBC gossip page that...Chelsea owner Roman Yeyemovich has telephoned Anzhi Makhachkala owner Suleyman Kerimov to offer £32m for winger Willian...in an attempt to prevent Willian from joining Tottenham...will have so much to hate this year...Chelsea, Man City, Barcelona, Bayern Guardiola...
I dey laff .. Chelsea vs Spurs derby go hot this season. Enough beef this season.
wunna better win the London berby to stick it to Jose
Last edited by kajifu on Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

txj wrote:
analyzer wrote:For now its all rumours. ? Will be revisited later.
To be clear, mata and willian are NOT in anyway similar.
Jm could be thinking kdb/hazard/oscar can do mata's job. Make no mistake, none of them is currently as good as mata.
The obsession with rooney is ridiculous imo. But na siddon look mode activated. Definitely need a striker

Oscar is more intelligent, tactically...and offers much greater balance

Mata of course is superior going forward...
That is the koko of the matter..
Intelligent - NO.. at worse, both are similar.. Tactically and overall team balance, will give it to Oscar.. But what is the point of balance when you cannot create much..
Offensively, oscar cannot shine Mata's shoes currently.. Mata plays the 10 at a higher level than oscar currently can.. Reads the final 3rd of the pitch perfectly with his passing and movement!!! This is needed vs. tight defenses.. Oscar IMO is still a neophyte in that 10 role..
Mata's downfall is that he cannot defend/not good at it..

I remember in the CFC thread, i asked "does Mata have enough upside to his game to make him totally indispensable under Jose?"
Anyways, all na rumors for now..
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

The reported money for Willian is just ridiculous/stupid IMO.. Not worth it..

If this is true, smacks more of Roman trying to stick one to Levy..

And if he comes - one of KDB/Moses/Schurrle got to be moved along..

Dont see what schurrle offers outside of work rate and defending.. Yet to see him light up the pitch offensively..
Last edited by analyzer on Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

odi
Egg
Egg

Post by odi »

Mourinho's press conference is on right now.
Confirms the Willian rumours but says we are keeping Juan Mata.

This Willian move has me completely bemused. :?
The SUPER EAGLES shall rise again!
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

odi wrote:Mourinho's press conference is on right now.

Oboy long time.. never see your break light in a min.. Hope you good.

Really dont know what to make of the Willian thing.. Yes it is a nice option to have, but damn this na overkill.. The reported 30M+ is ridiculous for someone who is not even on the brazilian NT.. crazy!!!
This na just revenge purchase by roman.. Tactically, willian will fit the pressing game.. But no sure he defends or tracks back well.. He is also more of a winger as in getting to the byline - have Hazard and Moses for that..
Still does not negate need for striker..

odi
Egg
Egg

Post by odi »

analyzer wrote:

Really dont know what to make of the Willian thing.. Yes it is a nice option to have, but damn this na overkill.. The reported 30M+ is ridiculous for someone who is not even on the brazilian NT.. crazy!!!
This na just revenge purchase by roman.. Tactically, willian will fit the pressing game.. But no sure he defends or tracks back well.. He is also more of a winger as in getting to the byline - have Hazard and Moses for that..
Oboy I dey jor... still dey enter CE now and then in read-only mode, but spend most time on WAGNH.

The Willian thing like you say smacks of Roman's whim - and that is dangerous. 30mil is just a waste when we are so in need of a striker. I suspect it's Moses that will get the chop, and I'll feel really bad for the bobo. Instead make we focus on getting top quality striker, we are splashing money on where we no need am. Why?
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Chei, one phone call from abramovich to his fellow kerimov and thatwas all she wrote, Spurs was toast.

We'll see who Chelsea offer to United for Rooney.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

odi wrote:
analyzer wrote:

Oboy I dey jor... still dey enter CE now and then in read-only mode, but spend most time on WAGNH.

The Willian thing like you say smacks of Roman's whim - and that is dangerous. 30mil is just a waste when we are so in need of a striker. I suspect it's Moses that will get the chop, and I'll feel really bad for the bobo. Instead make we focus on getting top quality striker, we are splashing money on where we no need am. Why?
It sucks but I am in favor of Moses moving on if this deal goes through.. Loan him out to everton (preferably). I will like him to stay and compete but the situation is not ideal IMO.. I believe he is better than Schurrle but doubt he can match Schurrle's work rate..

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Odi, whats there to be bemused about?

Left wing:
Hazard
Willian

Centre:
Mata
Oscar

Right Wing:
Mata
Schurrle

The only thing bemusing about the whole scenario is the lack of advertisement coming from the Victor Moses corner. His agent must be deaf, dumb and blind...Mourinho is almost certainly set to Wright-Phillips the hell out of Moses. Almost doesn't count, or so said Brandy and one would need to consume a full bottle of that very beverage to believe Victor stands a chance of being any more than a squad rotation role. Within which, he wont even be the mandatory challenger. Five players for three spots isn't bad.
odi
Egg
Egg

Post by odi »

JM clears up the issue. Sort of.
I'm almost sure Moses is the player that will go out on loan

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... ch-kerimov
José Mourinho has said that he expects the attacking midfielder Willian to sign for Chelsea.

Tottenham Hotspur appeared poised to sign the Anzhi Makhachkala forward after he completed a medical, but Chelsea now appear to be in pole position for the deal and have agreed a fee of £32m.

"I think he's already made his decision," Mourinho said. When asked if that was Chelsea, he nodded in the affirmative.

He added: "I don't like to speak before time because football can be crazy. I know what the player wants, so in this moment we cannot hide. That is a possibility."

Willian has still to undergo a medical at Stamford Bridge but is in talks and if he signs it strikes a blow for Mourinho over his former assistant André Villas-Boas.

It could also slow the prospective sale of Gareth Bale to Real Madrid, Mourinho's former club.

Mourinho, himself, was aware that he could be gazumped. "That's the danger of medicals before contracts," he said. "You have to do the medical before, but the best thing to do is to do the medical in secret.

"If the player is fine, you can sign him. If the player is not fine you don't destroy his career."

Mourinho had insisted Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney was his sole target, but revealed he had alternative options, too.

Willian is "an extra target", said Mourinho, who plans a third bid for Rooney following Monday's Premier League game at Old Trafford.

Mourinho added: "I couldn't say much in previous press conferences. I have to answer your questions and try to be honest, but at the same time try to hide a few things.

"I'm happy with my squad, but every one of us managers, we say we are happy, but we are always unhappy. We always want something of more quality and we never close the door to the possibility of adding more quality."

Mourinho anticipates departures, but only temporarily. "If somebody's coming, somebody will leave," he said. "The point is not to sell. I want a 22-player squad. If somebody comes, somebody leaves.

"Do we need to sell? No, we don't. Do we need to loan? Probably, yes. I don't like to work with big squads. I think 22 is the perfect number to answer to our needs."

He was insistent that the playmaker Juan Mata would not depart. The Chelsea player of the year for the past two seasons has been linked with a move, a prospect Mourinho dismissed. "No, speculation. He's a player we all like, he's a player we all want to keep and we want more quality in the team, we don't want less quality. We want to add quality. Juan is not a player we want to lose."
odi
Egg
Egg

Post by odi »

You have Mata list 2ce, left out De Bruyne and Moses.
That's 7 players for 3 spots. Too much.
Coach wrote:@Odi, whats there to be bemused about?

Left wing:
Hazard
Willian

Centre:
Mata
Oscar

Right Wing:
Mata
Schurrle

The only thing bemusing about the whole scenario is the lack of advertisement coming from the Victor Moses corner. His agent must be deaf, dumb and blind...Mourinho is almost certainly set to Wright-Phillips the hell out of Moses. Almost doesn't count, or so said Brandy and one would need to consume a full bottle of that very beverage to believe Victor stands a chance of being any more than a squad rotation role. Within which, he wont even be the mandatory challenger. Five players for three spots isn't bad.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

what about home grown quota? hmmmmm
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
zoldsasok
Egg
Egg

Post by zoldsasok »

http://www.byfarthegreatestteam.com/pos ... ack-again/?

Willian’s transfer rumour history: From Chelsea to Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool and back again

Posted on 23 August 2013. Tags: Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur, Willian

March 31st 2011: Willian linked with moves to Chelsea and Barcelona. Both Carlo Ancelotti and Pep Guardiola were reportedly keen to sign him after scoring twice in Shakhtar Donetsk’s 3-0 second leg success over Roma in the Champions League last 16 game.

April 13th 2011: “Willian would be perfect for Arsenal,” said Denilson (Arsenal player). “I know him well from the Brazil youth team and he had a real winning mentality then. I’ve heard Chelsea are interested, but his character could improve our team and his style would fit much better at Arsenal. We need match-winners at Arsenal and knowing what he does for Shakhtar and the national team I know he could do the same in England. He has great vision and ability and is one of the best creative players I have played with. I’ve spoken to him and told him that he could be a success with us.”

January 23rd 2012: “Willian is a very interesting player, but he is cup tied in the Champions League,” said Andre Villas-Boas (Chelsea manager). “I don’t think we should go for players who cannot be involved in all the competitions. We are not stressed regarding what we can do in this transfer window. If a good opportunity arises, we could study it, but at the moment, we are very satisfied.”

January 23rd 2012: “We have no burning desire to sell the player, but in football some things are impossible to avoid,” said Sergei Palkin (Shakhtar CEO). “If it weren’t for our good relationship with Chelsea – and Willian does not hide his intention to test himself in one of the best clubs in the English Premier League – we would insist on the £29m release clause written into the player’s contract. It is important to understand that we are talking about Chelsea’s desire to buy Willian, but not Shakhtar’s desire to sell him.”

January 24th 2012: “We have received a bid from Chelsea for Willian valued at €20million, but he is not for sale,” said Palkin.

January 26th 2012: “I wouldn’t have any fears about coming to England because I have played against English sides in the Champions League and studied the English game,” said Willian. “To play in a league that is seen throughout the world would be good for my hopes of playing regularly for Brazil, especially with the World Cup at home in two years’ time. That is my aim. I’ve worked hard for four years to establish myself in the national team. It has taken that long but now I feel I have a good relationship with the coach and I want to keep working hard, so I remain in the side. There are times when you look at your life and realise how lucky you’ve been. I’ve played for a great club in Corinthians and been successful. I moved to Shakhtar and that turned into a great move too. There was talk about Barcelona and Arsenal before but now Chelsea are interested. If the next step of the adventure is England, then I would be excited by that. I have friends in the Brazil side who play for Chelsea, like David and Ramires. All they talk about is the thrill of being in a city like London and playing for a club like Chelsea. I’ve known David since we played together in the Brazil Under-20 side and he talks about what Villas-Boas is trying to build at Chelsea. He and Ramires feel he wants a core of young players who can mature and grow together but also be successful. David says how the coach takes a real interest in all his players, how he can adapt different cultures together and bring the best out of them. Then obviously there is life in London. David and Ramires say there’s nothing like it anywhere else in the world – it’s exciting and challenging at the same time.”

July 18th 2012: “I told Willian he can leave, but only if the right offer is made,” said Shakhtar Donetsk manager Mircea Lucescu. “He’s a great player. Willian was the biggest investment Shakhtar have made in a young player, we have to respect that. He played only seven or eight games in Brazil. They paid a lot of money for Hazard but are not willing to pay for Willian, even though he’s better in my opinion. Chelsea want to buy Brazilian but made an offer for the eastern European market. They offered €34million but we don’t think that’s his current value.”

July 20th 2012: “I don’t know what the coach said, but the correct value was €25million,” said Willian. “But regardless of the value, of course I really wanted to play for a club like Chelsea, a club that won the Champions League. I’m really annoyed that the board didn’t let me go. It would have been good for me and for the club too. I’d play in a big league and would be able to grow as a player. This is not a message to anyone, everyone knows I want to leave. Chelsea had already reached an agreement regarding Oscar when they made that last offer to sign me. I’m sure it won’t be a problem as we are different kinds of players. He is more like a playmaker and I am more like an attacking midfielder. But it’s a matter of waiting. A lot can still happen.”

August 25th 2012: “I have the offer but it’s complicated because of the board,” said Willian. “Everyone knows that I want to leave. I’ve been here for five years, I’ve won many titles, so I hope they respect my will. I don’t regret having come here, but I regret what’s been going on with this situation. Chelsea tried to sign me, now Tottenham, so I have to rethink.”

August 27th 2012: Shakhtar Donetsk reject a £11.8million bid from Tottenham for Willian.

October 23rd 2012: “Willian was far away from Chelsea,” said Lucescu. “They didn’t even get anywhere near to our requirements, having done nothing to make my promises to Willian come true. Speaking specifically about the amounts, they officially offered the sum for which we had bought him young. I would really like them to highly appreciate his true value and realise that they made a big mistake.”

October 23rd 2012: “There were two offers in the summer,” Willian told Lancenet. “One from Chelsea and one from Tottenham. Choosing between the two clubs would be difficult. I don’t know. I mean, Tottenham is a big club and it has a good person in charge. Andre Villas-Boas wanted to bring me to Chelsea and also tried at Tottenham. He always sends me messages. We are always in touch, and he has become a friend, for sure. And Chelsea is Chelsea. They are a great team, with amazing players and are the champions of Europe. I would love to play for either of those clubs. But my mind remains at Shakhtar, and I’ll do my best to get the win against Chelsea. Everybody knows what my goal is. I’ve clearly stated that I would like to play in a bigger stage, whether it be England, Spain or Italy. I want to come back to the national team, and being in a bigger spotlight would help me get noticed.”

December 20th 2012: “My goal is to play for a bigger club in a high level league. If I tell you that I was happy, I would be lying. My desire was there, with a €25million (£20.3m) offer from a big club like Chelsea. I wanted to pack my things and go, but I can’t do that as I am under contract. It shows how much Shakhtar like me and shows that I am doing a good job, which is why they wanted me to stay. I have tried to convince them many times to let me go. I know that Juventus and Chelsea have made offers to buy me and that motivates me a lot. The club know that I want to leave, everyone knows that. The president has told me that he’ll let me go for €30million (£24.4m) and my intention is to sign for a big club.”

January 31st 2013: Willian signs for Anzhi Makhachkala for €35 million.

February 6th 2013: “Of course I thought about everything, I also took the Champions League into account, but it was the right moment to leave,” said Willian. “In the middle of the year it would make two years I would have been trying to leave without success. It’s indifferent for me that Shakhtar are in the round of 16 of the Champions League and Anzhi are in the Europa League. My objective was to leave from the front door and I think that happened. I don’t feel hurt by anybody.”

August 17th 2013: “There was the Manchester City bid that was turned down,” said Willian. “Now I’m waiting for a new bid to arrive in the next days from a few clubs, like Liverpool. If it’s really Liverpool, then it is surely a great club. I’m hopeful and very calm, just waiting for the best. England is my goal. I like the Premier League very much, I enjoy English football and certainly, if that happens, it will be very good for me and for my image.”

August 22nd 2013: Spurs agree £22m deal for Willian and he passes a medical with the club.

August 23rd: Chelsea also have a bid accepted for Willian.

August 23rd 2013: “I think he’s already made his decision,” said Jose Mourinho. “I don’t like to speak before time because football can be crazy. I know what the player wants, so in this moment we cannot hide. That is a possibility. You have to do the medical before, but the best thing to do is to do the medical in secret. If the player is fine, you can sign him.”
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

This Kajifool never talk sense.. Wetin dey do you sef, running around every thread that has the buzzword chelsea on it.

First off, Moses is not Chelsea's level. We've had too many of those king of players hence the reason we were now on par with Tottenham and Assnall fighting for third/fourth spots even even missing out the year we delivered the champions league. We are chelsea and should be mounting a serious challenge for the EPL and champions league.

While I still can't see the need for signing schurrle, we definitely need all the quality players we can get. Take a look at man city and their spending. Even tottenhams spending this summer will propel them and we are in trouble if we do not buy better quality.

The only reason pundits are even mentioning chelsea as potential champions is nothing more than the Mourinho factor but no be Mourinho wan play the ball na the players.

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

daft post, You made zero sense.. what the heck is " We" or level or what? dude open your eyes
soma wrote:This Kajifool never talk sense.. Wetin dey do you sef, running around every thread that has the buzzword chelsea on it.

First off, Moses is not Chelsea's level. We've had too many of those king of players hence the reason we were now on par with Tottenham and Assnall fighting for third/fourth spots even even missing out the year we delivered the champions league. We are chelsea and should be mounting a serious challenge for the EPL and champions league.

While I still can't see the need for signing schurrle, we definitely need all the quality players we can get. Take a look at man city and their spending. Even tottenhams spending this summer will propel them and we are in trouble if we do not buy better quality.

The only reason pundits are even mentioning chelsea as potential champions is nothing more than the Mourinho factor but no be Mourinho wan play the ball na the players.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

The Willian saga ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

@Soma,
You know Moses is just 22 and has barely been given a chance to have a crack at things in CFC.. or is it because he cost < 10M hence why he is being written off like that.. Mind you, he was one of the better performers in preseason..

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

analyzer wrote:The Willian saga ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

@Soma,
You know Moses is just 22 and has barely been given a chance to have a crack at things in CFC.. or is it because he cost < 10M hence why he is being written off like that.. Mind you, he was one of the better performers in preseason..

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: i was just coming to post this on here.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

metalalloy wrote:
analyzer wrote:The Willian saga ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

@Soma,

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: i was just coming to post this on here.
Den just make the bobo look like ashawo!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: