EPL Sunday: Nor 1 - 3 Che(Pilking; Oscar, Hazard, Willian)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

zee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: EPL Sunday: Nor 1 - 3 Che(Pilking; Oscar, Hazard, Willia

Post by zee »

oloye wrote:The problem with this useless team is that u have so many players who prefer the difficult option instead of the simple practical approach.You have players who should be rying to create goals for their team mates go for goals by taking ridiculous shots or hugging the ball unnecessarily. U have a coach who appears not to knk what he is doing. How can this calibre of players struggle to make decent passes? I'll tell u why, it is because there players apart from Ramirez who cannot pass, u have others who prefer to do the difficult things with he ball while trying to lol intelligent. The problem with this team is that the attack is not functioning, and playing Lamps and Ramirez in front of the defence puts a whole lot of pressure on Chelsea when they come under counter. Geez the amount of space in the middle which they concede to the opponent is unbelievable.

I know this is early days but when a team has just won the UEFA cup, the level of confidence in the team should be higher than this. I pity the strikers in this team, they would have to manufacture their own goals.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

green4life wrote:
zee wrote:
balo wrote:Did Etoo just get stuck at RB as the game ended? :D
He was playing to the Coward's :lol: instructions.
What happen to Dean Klopp yesterday? :lol:
C'mon, it was 10 against 11 .......................and it is the Bundesliga(football is played there :mrgreen: ). Even Bayern playing 11 against 11, was only able to force :mrgreen: Bayer Lev to a 1-1.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

zee wrote:
green4life wrote:
zee wrote:
C'mon, it was 10 against 11 .......................and it is the Bundesliga(football is played there :mrgreen: ). Even Bayern playing 11 against 11, was only able to force :mrgreen: Bayer Lev to a 1-1.
Bayern forced a 2-2 draw with a chelsea 10 man team and that was in 120 mins. Perhaps your Dean should take notes from Mou. :taunt:
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

anikulapo wrote:Norwich is not much better than a bar league team. All they have is fitness but lack little in football acumen. Bunch of talentless scrubs who run around and fall over themselves and then pathetically whine and moan to the ref for a call. I truly despise teams like that.

Hope they get relegated :curse: Losers :curse:

Are you just angry because they didn't at least draw the game? :rotf: :rotf: I will say the same if west rom don't get at least a point against arsenal ...

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

soma wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Norwich is not much better than a bar league team. All they have is fitness but lack little in football acumen. Bunch of talentless scrubs who run around and fall over themselves and then pathetically whine and moan to the ref for a call. I truly despise teams like that.

Hope they get relegated :curse: Losers :curse:

Are you just angry because they didn't at least draw the game? :rotf: :rotf: I will say the same if west rom don't get at least a point against arsenal ...
You complain all day about Jose ,if Norwich had any football idea they would have beat your Chelsea.Remember this is your first away win and your strikers are yet to stills core a goal.Thanks to the coward who loan better players out
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

oloye wrote:The problem with this useless team is that u have so many players who prefer the difficult option instead of the simple practical approach.You have players who should be rying to create goals for their team mates go for goals by taking ridiculous shots or hugging the ball unnecessarily. U have a coach who appears not to knk what he is doing. How can this calibre of players struggle to make decent passes? I'll tell u why, it is because there players apart from Ramirez who cannot pass, u have others who prefer to do the difficult things with he ball while trying to lol intelligent. The problem with this team is that the attack is not functioning, and playing Lamps and Ramirez in front of the defence puts a whole lot of pressure on Chelsea when they come under counter. Geez the amount of space in the middle which they concede to the opponent is unbelievable.

I know this is early days but when a team has just won the UEFA cup, the level of confidence in the team should be higher than this. I pity the strikers in this team, they would have to manufacture their own goals.

Welcome back, Oloye.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

green4life wrote:
zee wrote:
green4life wrote:
zee wrote:
Bayern forced a 2-2 draw with a chelsea 10 man team and that was in 120 mins. Perhaps your Dean should take notes from Mou. :taunt:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The shits from Spurs, they bought his flight, but Willian, he saw the light
He got a call from Abramovich, and off he went to Stamford Bridge
He hates Tottenham! He hates Tottenham!
He hates Tottenham! He hates Tottenham!
:rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Welcome back Oloye. And I agree with everything you said except that Jose KNOWS what he is doing. I understand Chelsea fans want Chelsea to touch the ball 80% of the time (80% Possession) but it ain't gonna happen. I do feel sorry for the strikers in this Chelsea's sytem as the midfielders do everything but create goals for strikers. Going forward Mourinho will have to address this as everybody must do their job accordingly. Oscar for an example is not good at feeding his strkers, but he is scoring goals so Jose can't jeopardize that. However Jose must address this so that the likes of Eto'o can help the team get to where they need to be. Without Eto'o/Torres/Ba scoring goals Chelsea will struggle when it matters.

With that said, anybody who thinks Chelsea won this game by luck does not know anything about the game, and I say this with full confidence and unapologetically. Jose went for the win and the team won. He read the game made the subs and the team won. Anyway, here is wishing Totenham a loss today.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

kolinzo wrote:

Welcome back Oloye. And I agree with everything you said except that Jose KNOWS what he is doing. I understand Chelsea fans want Chelsea to touch the ball 80% of the time (80% Possession) but it ain't gonna happen. I do feel sorry for the strikers in this Chelsea's sytem as the midfielders do everything but create goals for strikers. Going forward Mourinho will have to address this as everybody must do their job accordingly. Oscar for an example is not good at feeding his strkers, but he is scoring goals so Jose can't jeopardize that. However Jose must address this so that the likes of Eto'o can help the team get to where they need to be. Without Eto'o/Torres/Ba scoring goals Chelsea will struggle when it matters.

With that said, anybody who thinks Chelsea won this game by luck does not know anything about the game, and I say this with full confidence and unapologetically. Jose went for the win and the team won. He read the game made the subs and the team won. Anyway, here is wishing Totenham a loss today.

:thumb: but green4life will disagree with that, he is the only one not seeing this.

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

And if you are watching the arsenal game g4l, see the kind of passes Giroud is being fed game in game out then you will know chelsea don't create for strikers.

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

soma wrote:And if you are watching the arsenal game g4l, see the kind of passes Giroud is being fed game in game out then you will know chelsea don't create for strikers.
I saw their game. How many clean looks on goal did Giroud have all game? Please be honest. Thanks.

Hint: Anelka saw more and he had two clean looks.
Last edited by green4life on Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

LOL @ some of the comments on this thread.

Mourinho is going through a phase with this team.....and collecting points while at it. This $#% aint easy.

Personally, I was against him opening up the game and thought like for like personnel substitutions would have been the better idea. I was wrong because we WON the game regardless of the opportunities created by opening the game up.

He is definitely having a hard time figuring out the team and forming his team's character. So many tepid individual performances today and Oscar is definitely starting to feel himself. A spell on the bench may humble him some.

All in all, I take the points as they come and will allow Jose to figure out exactly what he got in his hands.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Ugbowo wrote:LOL @ some of the comments on this thread.

Mourinho is going through a phase with this team.....and collecting points while at it. This $#% aint easy.

Personally, I was against him opening up the game and thought like for like personnel substitutions would have been the better idea. I was wrong because we WON the game regardless of the opportunities created by opening the game up.

He is definitely having a hard time figuring out the team and forming his team's character. So many tepid individual performances today and Oscar is definitely starting to feel himself. A spell on the bench may humble him some.

All in all, I take the points as they come and will allow Jose to figure out exactly what he got in his hands.
It is obvious what he is trying to do, he is still trying to build a team that relies heavily on fast breakaways, since he came back it is obvious that is what he wants to do, all the goals they have scored so far have come from this style of play. The problem here is that he does not have Robben or Duff who run directly beating u while leaving u their heels to haze at, and could be trusted to score. He does not have a Drogba or Ronaldo who would create goals out of nothing. This why when they spent a major part of the time huffing and puffing while throwing speculative passes forward and all the scoring midfielder also bomb forward hoping to score , they suddenly look pathetic when they are caught on the break as well . It is not helped when I have a David Luiz who ought to realise how frail they are in the middle but rather decides to join in the charade instead of passing the ball around with bis partner while looking for a midfielder to ha d the ball over to. This is where they miss Mikel and his so called square passes, those passes look harmless bit they have such a calming effect on the team. People say he makes sideways passes, strange how the brasilian Kenyan cannot even do that , always losing the ball in dangerous places. If Terry gets injured this team would be in serious trouble.

The question need be asked these three players Oscar, Hazard Schurle and even Mata what their primary ro
le behind the strikers is. To be fair to Mata he is the only one who tries to feed the strikers the others hug the ball looking for the chance to have a pop at goal even when their striker is begging for the ball. The result is that when they lose the ball, they look miserable trying to recover.

They got away today, the changes coupled with immature defending from Norwich helped. Jose still remains master at limiting damages, but damn may be in real life he loves living on the edge, but he needs to understand this is not the same Chelsea, they have tasted success and have come to accept that certain standards must be kept, this rubbish being displayed won't be accepted especially if there is no trophy to show for it. Heck even the loathed Rafa kept the standard.

Unless Etoo finds form it would be hard justifying sending Lukaku away and he is scoring regularl while the so called better strikers are stinking up the place.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

oloye wrote:
Unless Etoo finds form it would be hard justifying sending Lukaku away and he is scoring regularl while the so called better strikers are stinking up the place.
Kpom. I noted as much a day or so after the dumb loan was announced. So daft a decision, my hair gets a little more grey each time I see Lukaku banging them in for Everton while the three CFC strikers combined have been out scored in the league by Mikel. Smh. That one is on Jose notwithstanding what Lukaku said (he said not to blame Jose).
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

oloye wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:LOL @ some of the comments on this thread.

It is obvious what he is trying to do, he is still trying to build a team that relies heavily on fast breakaways, since he came back it is obvious that is what he wants to do, all the goals they have scored so far have come from this style of play. The problem here is that he does not have Robben or Duff who run directly beating u while leaving u their heels to haze at, and could be trusted to score. He does not have a Drogba or Ronaldo who would create goals out of nothing. This why when they spent a major part of the time huffing and puffing while throwing speculative passes forward and all the scoring midfielder also bomb forward hoping to score , they suddenly look pathetic when they are caught on the break as well . It is not helped when I have a David Luiz who ought to realise how frail they are in the middle but rather decides to join in the charade instead of passing the ball around with bis partner while looking for a midfielder to ha d the ball over to. This is where they miss Mikel and his so called square passes, those passes look harmless bit they have such a calming effect on the team. People say he makes sideways passes, strange how the brasilian Kenyan cannot even do that , always losing the ball in dangerous places. If Terry gets injured this team would be in serious trouble.

The question need be asked these three players Oscar, Hazard Schurle and even Mata what their primary ro
le behind the strikers is. To be fair to Mata he is the only one who tries to feed the strikers the others hug the ball looking for the chance to have a pop at goal even when their striker is begging for the ball. The result is that when they lose the ball, they look miserable trying to recover.

They got away today, the changes coupled with immature defending from Norwich helped. Jose still remains master at limiting damages, but damn may be in real life he loves living on the edge, but he needs to understand this is not the same Chelsea, they have tasted success and have come to accept that certain standards must be kept, this rubbish being displayed won't be accepted especially if there is no trophy to show for it. Heck even the loathed Rafa kept the standard.

Kpom 100 times oloye baba. I don't need to add anything else... I even think Jose should try 4-3-3 that way those three behind won't hug the ball as often and not crowd that space the striker should be running into..

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

Only thing enjoyable about this game was getting the W.
From the middle of 1st half on wards, the team just played pants.. Schurrle pissed me off especially after having a solid outing midweek.. Not sure why he cannot just stay wide and hug the touchline.. Kept cutting inside and losing the ball when easier options were available.. One poor decision making after the other.. Only commendable thing was his usual hustle and switching to a WB.

The pivot is another issue.. Part of the reason it felt like the team could not get a foot hold and boss the game.. Kept trying to initiate ill advised attacks instead keeping the ball and moving it laterally.. Losing possession with boneheaded plays.. Wondering if the players had their mind on Int'l duty.

Even the move to 3 at the back felt half baked as the amount of space in midfield when Norwich attacked was just ridiculous with Lamps/Ramires constantly MIA..

Credit to Jose for making bold moves but he put himself in that situation to start with.. Still a lot work to be done with this Team.. Has to realize this team is NOT the same personnel/skill set as his first CFC team. Concessions need to be made while trying to achieve balance and getting the very best from the team.. this fast break/counter attacking footy thing Jose is trying to do no be am.. I dont mind it vs. World class opponents like Bayern/Barca/Madrid but some other average teams, nah!!. Team is too talented to have that style of football as their default setting.. Need to impose themselves mores on teams but with less huffing/puffing and more incisive plays..

@Oloye..
Welcome back chief.. Agree with most of your points especially on the part of keeping things simple..
As for role of the AMs offensive wise.. My theory is that they are meant to takie turns in assisting the striker as well as doubling up as 2nd strikers.. IMO, current CFC does not really need a traditionally no. 9 kind of striker given how talented their AMs are.. They need versatile forwards comfortable in drifting wide that creates space in the middle for the AMs to exploit. Somewhat share the goal burden.. Mind you, I am not underplaying importance of a scoring forward.. As much as we criticize the AMs for some boneheaded selfish plays, CFC current crop of strikers do miss chances.. Ba today had 2-3 quality looks on goal.. As for Eto'o, waiting on him to flush all the Vodka from his system..

Anyways, time to switch up to Super Eagles..
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

To shed light on CFC's striking situation. And feel free to reach your own conclusion..

Eto'o has avg the most shots per gm of any CFC striker at 3.3. Ba has averaged 2.5 SPG from 2 EPL apps. Lukaku averages same 3.3 but has 4 goals.. Aguerro averages 2 shots per game in 5 EPL gms but has 4 gaosl. Negredo averages 2.3 SPG but has 3 goals.. Sturridge with 3.1SPG for 7 Goals... In 7 EPL apps, Giroud avgs 3.9 SPG and has 4 goals..

Also remember that CFC forwards are splitting time.. Of the AMs, Oscar averages the most SPG with 2.4, almost on par with Ramsey but the latter has about 7 goals this season while Oscar has 3.

http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/167
http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/31

SPG (Shots per game).

And for Soma -
Bayern Munich - In the League
http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/37

Toni Kroos, Robben and RIbery ALL average more shots on goals per game than their #1 Striker - Mandzukic (2.4) - 4 goals from 8 Apps.. So need to chill small on CFC AMs.. they are not doing anything out of the ordinary.. Granted that there are occasions they should be trying to tee up the striker than going for goal..Mind you, I no dey dismiss your theory, but lets not over exaggerate it..

Caution - no proper definition to shots. Player fit kick bal from half way line and that could be a shot..
But finishing is also a legit issue with this team.. Like one article i read recently, CFC's finishing is classified as "energetically wasteful"..
Last edited by analyzer on Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

Garath Crook's team of the week - John Terry selected second successive week.
For the second week in succession, I've selected John Terry for my Team of the Week after another sound performance, this time against Norwich. However, if he continues to play alongside David Luiz at centre-back instead of Gary Cahill it will shorten his career considerably.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Oloye, what say you ?
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

some of the chastising are well placed while others are misinformed
1.Jose DOES know that this team has a different profile from the 2004.If U follow his inteviews enough U'd hear where he's said it himself.
2.One difference between this team and the other team is that that team was made up of men who were already winners so it was easy to have winning mentality. Some of the players in this team are getting that winners chip installed in them
3.It's a process and like I've said before, it's gonna get ugly before it gets pretty.The team blows hot and cold between matches as they grow so...consistency will be built over time.
4.Ba could be suffering simply from match rustiness. Strikers rely on confidence and playing time to shake the net.
5. All this "regrets" from Chelsea fans regarding Lukaku need to be cooled off.He's much younger than the other 3 and NEEEDS to be playing consistently to develop. Hustling for playing time with two other strikers,one the owner's pet and the other the coach's pet,will not help him. We sort out our striker situation next season and Lukaku absolutely has to be in the squad.

6.Shurrle is one heck of a workhorse that Jose is goingto give A LOT of playing time.Between Him an ETO'o I feel once the first goal comes more win pour in

7.Oga Oloye, I respectfully disagree that he's trying to make this a counter attacking team.Yes he's cautious and counters against big teams that appear better...but Chelsea becomes the aggressor against teams we consider inferior. Make no mistakes that Jose wont tust all these players from the start hence the cautious approach.

8.Be patient.....as long as we picking valuable points I'm wiling to wait for the finished product. You CANT expect that immediately.

Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
odi
Egg
Egg

Post by odi »

7 games in and you guys are wetting your pants. :D

It's going to take time. TIME! Why can't fans ever understand that? Jose is no magician. He needs time to build this team. And if we keep picking points while the building is going on, it's fine with me!
We just need to remain within touch of the top of the table until the team figures itself out (JM himself said something similar in the post interview).

No need for epistles and long story (@oloye). Just be patient. By December/January, this team will be purring.

I have full and complete confidence in the Special One.
The SUPER EAGLES shall rise again!
odi
Egg
Egg

Post by odi »

paj wrote:some of the chastising are well placed while others are misinformed
1.Jose DOES know that this team has a different profile from the 2004.If U follow his inteviews enough U'd hear where he's said it himself.
2.One difference between this team and the other team is that that team was made up of men who were already winners so it was easy to have winning mentality. Some of the players in this team are getting that winners chip installed in them
3.It's a process and like I've said before, it's gonna get ugly before it gets pretty.The team blows hot and cold between matches as they grow so...consistency will be built over time.
4.Ba could be suffering simply from match rustiness. Strikers rely on confidence and playing time to shake the net.
5. All this "regrets" from Chelsea fans regarding Lukaku need to be cooled off.He's much younger than the other 3 and NEEEDS to be playing consistently to develop. Hustling for playing time with two other strikers,one the owner's pet and the other the coach's pet,will not help him. We sort out our striker situation next season and Lukaku absolutely has to be in the squad.

6.Shurrle is one heck of a workhorse that Jose is goingto give A LOT of playing time.Between Him an ETO'o I feel once the first goal comes more win pour in

7.Oga Oloye, I respectfully disagree that he's trying to make this a counter attacking team.Yes he's cautious and counters against big teams that appear better...but Chelsea becomes the aggressor against teams we consider inferior. Make no mistakes that Jose wont tust all these players from the start hence the cautious approach.

8.Be patient.....as long as we picking valuable points I'm wiling to wait for the finished product. You CANT expect that immediately.

Pa
Paj you are making too much sense in this post... KPOM x 1000!
The SUPER EAGLES shall rise again!