History will be made. Every African team will advance

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ambazonia
Egg
Egg
Re: History will be made. Every African team will advance

Post by Ambazonia »

Brazil is Cameroun's b***h. Cameroun wins Group A.

KB
Egg
Egg

Post by KB »

Ambazonia wrote:Brazil is Cameroun's b***h. Cameroun wins Group A.

:rotf:
I will be very happy if CAM lose that game by less than 3 goals margin. A draw will be a miracle!!!
The more widely Christianity was diffused, and the greater the number of people unprepared for it who were brought under its sway, the less it was understood, the more absolutely was its infallibility insisted on, and the less possible it became to understand the true meaning of the doctrine. Leo Tolstoy, 'The Kingdom of God is within you', Chap 3
Elexus
Egg
Egg

Post by Elexus »

Do not think for a second that CIV do not have pride. They are not coming to lie down. On previous ocassions, it was in difficult groups with Argentina and Holland, and Brazil and Portugal. Brazil beat North Korea, 2-1 and CIV hammered NK 3-0 and tied with Portugal, but Portugal beat NK 7-0 and edged out CIV on goal difference. Yes it had still the same goalkeeper. This time, I do not fancy CIV losing to Japan and Greece. And Colombia cannot beat them.
As for Algeria, are you aware that Russian goalkeeper is the weakest link perhaps among the entire 32 teams. Belgium won't do jack. South Korea suffer from over-the-bar-syndrome. Algeria will qualify and nothing to worry about.
If a mere Scotland can beat Croatia home and away, then Croatia won't stand a chance against Cameroon. Admittedly, Brazil are the favourites. The real battle is between Cameroon and Mexico. But I am going with Cameroon.
galoise
Egg
Egg

Post by galoise »

YemiBrazil wrote:
tfco wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:All 5 advancing is a real possibility this time around. None of the teams are in an unmanageable group. Ghana appears to have the toughest opposition but if history has taught us anything, it is that you should never count out the midgets :mrgreen: :!:

Cheers.
Pls give some examples of where and when history taught us to never count out Ghana????
only 2 examples

2006 (Italy/Czech Republic)
2010 (Germany/Serbia)
:D :D Germany/Portugal is a different ball game. Even USA you no fit beat this time!
Portugal is not all that. Ghana will come out of that group even threatening to take top spot from Germany. USA can just call a forfeit right now lol
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

...Cyber prophets...you na well done o...all African team advance; Naija coming out top; Ghana surprise; Algeria the best in the group; Cameroun sending Brazil out; CIV get pride; and all and all...we might have to say it that Ghana is going to play the finals against Naija...Cameroun and CIV playing 2nd finals...Algeria winning the cup...hehehehehee...na wah o o o...
chamforna
Egg
Egg

Post by chamforna »

For Cameroon to qualify for the next round, they MUST win their matches against Mexico and Croatia. The one thing Cameroon has is a world class player; namely Samuel Eto'o. If on the day(s) he decides to play solely for the team and lift the team to a higher level, then we may stand a chance of qualifying for the next round. But anything less than 6 points prior to the match against Brazil would mean doom and an early exit for the Lions.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Elexus wrote:In group A: The world will know there is a goaltender called Charles Itandje. Itandje will lock the goalmouth and nothing will go in. Hence Brazil and Cameroon shall emerge from group A.
In group C, CIV will beat Japan and Greece and draw Colombia to get 7 points. Therefore CIV and Colombia shall qualify from that group.
In group F, Nigeria will beat Iran and Bosnia and tie Argentina to earn 7 points with Argentina but Argentina will still finish as group winners on goal difference.
In group G, Ghana will beat USA and Portugal and will tie Germany to finish on 7 points but Germany will finish as group winners on goal difference.
In group H, Algeria will be the only African team with full 9 points. Algeria will beat every team in group H and win the group.
Nothing to fear.

Meanwhile Bleacher Report does not give any African team a chance.
Group A = I think with Cameroon, they need to figure out what to do with their prima-donna Eto'o... either have everyone playing for him or have him play for the team. With excellent goalkeeping they will advance... another team that benefits from the sequence (order of games).... they should capitalize on it. Mexico-Croatia-Brazil. They better get the points before the final game when Brazil is expected to be clicking in all cylinders.

Group C = I am not a fan of CIV... I think they are an old team that will even be older come worldcup time. Their goalie and defense don't inspire much confidence and they should play Yaya deep before transitioning him up front... Japan will run rings around them and will tire the old legs... their best bet is to hope to beat Colombia and hope to have enough healthy bodies against Greece to secure their qualification.

Group F = I think we got a good draw. Would have liked to have played Argentina first... but if we handle the two teams ahead of us, the game against Argentina will be to avoid injuries and suspension. Playing Iran-Bosnia/Herzergovina-Argentina. It will be nice to start the world cup campaign with maximum points.

Group G = I am in the tank for Ghana. Ghana is capable of beating any of the teams in the group. Beat USA first game, whatever the result in the second game, still be in control of their destiny of having to win or go home against Portugal... Ghana!

Group H = Favors Algeria on paper. Their French Legion should they come to play should be able to compete and beat Russia, might struggle against Belgium and should contain the pesky Koreans.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

chamforna wrote:For Cameroon to qualify for the next round, they MUST win their matches against Mexico and Croatia. The one thing Cameroon has is a world class player; namely Samuel Eto'o. If on the day(s) he decides to play solely for the team and lift the team to a higher level, then we may stand a chance of qualifying for the next round. But anything less than 6 points prior to the match against Brazil would mean doom and an early exit for the Lions.
Cameroon also has a lot of great defensive players, so all teams should find it hard to score against them. What Cameroon lacks is creative players.
Naija4lyfe
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija4lyfe »

Jaidi wrote:Mark my words. History will be made in 2014. Manageable groups all around and much less turbulence for all the nations involved unlike 2010.

Cameroon has Mexico who was terrible in CONCACAF qualifying and Croatia who similarly struggled.

CIV finally got a decent draw

Nigeria has a good draw and is going into the tournament with continuity and experience.

Ghana owns the United States and can get points from Portugal.

Algeria has an easy group.

Laugh now but wait till 2014. :thumb: :thumb:
overconfident be what? e go do una like film trick when only 1 african team advance :roll:
Naija4lyfe
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I am relieved that Ivory Coast got a slightly better group this time. Last chance for Drogba at the WC.

Bleacher report thinks that the African teams will win only 1 of their combined 15 group games (i.e. Nigeria will beat Iran but that is it).
Altobelli
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Altobelli »

wiseone wrote:I am relieved that Ivory Coast got a slightly better group this time. Last chance for Drogba at the WC.

Bleacher report thinks that the African teams will win only 1 of their combined 15 group games (i.e. Nigeria will beat Iran but that is it).
Who cares what bleacher report thinks! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: If we listen to these oyinbo people, we'll never achieve anything in our lives! :idea:
Bonita Applebum, say you gotta put me on........
superwinger
Egg
Egg

Post by superwinger »

Imagine Pele's face if an African team actually wins their first world cup in his country.. That would be truly priceless!! The Brazillians will surely send him into exile. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Cameroun will be out.............defeats at the hands of Brazil and Croatia(similar style with the Ruskies :mrgreen: ) and a win against Mexico.
CIV..........qualifies 'easily', wins against Greece and colombia.
Nigeria ....qualifies without stress................we have the world's best Coach :thumbs:
Ghana .....should qualify.............beats Portugal and needs only a draw against the USA.
Algeria?.....................it depends on the Algeria that turns up.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

I'm still bewildered as to the type of support some of y'all are giving Cameroon. Where shall I begin?

Cameroon has a WEAK team. A team that has failed to qualify for 2 consecutive ACNs, was abysmal at its last ACN appearance in 2010, and needed a lot of luck to even qualify for the WC. Cameroon was all but out of the final round of 2014 WCQ until it was ruled Libya fielded an ineligible player. Cameroon then went on to meet the weakest seeded team (Tunisia) in the final round of WCQ. Cameroon has recorded 9 wins from 21 matches over the last 2 years - 1 of those wins was awarded on technicality after Togo was ruled to have fielded an ineligible player.

Only 2 of Cameroon's wins have come on non-Cameroonian soil. Other than the 4-1 demolition of Tunisia, Cameroon has not defeated ANY opponent over the past 2 years by more than 1 goal.

How has Cameroon fared against non-African opponents? In 3 matches they have scored 0 goals, and recorded 2 draws and 1 loss.

There is no evidence whatsoever that Cameroon has a good team, let alone a good enough team to advance ahead of Croatia and Mexico.

All this and I havent even mentioned Cameroon's locker-room problems or its awful WC record since 1994. Since 1994, Cameroon has qualified for 4 WCs and recorded 1 win from 12 matches - a 1-0 victory against a Saudi Arabia team that had lost 8-0 to Germany.

Not only will Cameroon fail to advance out of that group, they will face humiliation at the hands of Brazil who will come out victorious by a minimum of 3 goals. Again, Cameroon has absolutely no chance of advancing from that group.
Elexus
Egg
Egg

Post by Elexus »

Take note that Cameroon have a new coach. Cameroon's greatest undoing was goaltender Kameni. He was the weakest link in IL's team. Charles Itandje has replaced him. The present Cameroon begin every match very cautiously. Its midfield is often crowded leaving very little space for the opposition. don't be surprised when Cameroon advance. If you rely on the past, you will be mistaken.
Heliopolis wrote:I'm still bewildered as to the type of support some of y'all are giving Cameroon. Where shall I begin?

Cameroon has a WEAK team. A team that has failed to qualify for 2 consecutive ACNs, was abysmal at its last ACN appearance in 2010, and needed a lot of luck to even qualify for the WC. Cameroon was all but out of the final round of 2014 WCQ until it was ruled Libya fielded an ineligible player. Cameroon then went on to meet the weakest seeded team (Tunisia) in the final round of WCQ. Cameroon has recorded 9 wins from 21 matches over the last 2 years - 1 of those wins was awarded on technicality after Togo was ruled to have fielded an ineligible player.

Only 2 of Cameroon's wins have come on non-Cameroonian soil. Other than the 4-1 demolition of Tunisia, Cameroon has not defeated ANY opponent over the past 2 years by more than 1 goal.

How has Cameroon fared against non-African opponents? In 3 matches they have scored 0 goals, and recorded 2 draws and 1 loss.

There is no evidence whatsoever that Cameroon has a good team, let alone a good enough team to advance ahead of Croatia and Mexico.

All this and I havent even mentioned Cameroon's locker-room problems or its awful WC record since 1994. Since 1994, Cameroon has qualified for 4 WCs and recorded 1 win from 12 matches - a 1-0 victory against a Saudi Arabia team that had lost 8-0 to Germany.

Not only will Cameroon fail to advance out of that group, they will face humiliation at the hands of Brazil who will come out victorious by a minimum of 3 goals. Again, Cameroon has absolutely no chance of advancing from that group.
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

Collectively, as a team, Ghana will beat Portugal, 4-2 score. Portugal are perennial underachievers on this stage..Cristiano Ronaldo cannot do it all by himself. Moutinho and Ronaldo is all they have..bottle them up, Ghana will emerge triumphant.
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

To be honest Africa as a whole could really not have asked for a better draw. The only thing I would wish to be different is to swap Ghana with Algeria.

We see that one out of Holland, Chile, Spain will be going home after 3 matches, and one of England, Italy, Uruguay also will be sent home after the first round.

Every African team has a legitimate chance to qualify, but it would be tough. Ironically I think Brazil may be more of an "African" world cup than South Africa. The climate will be more African than SA, and we must remember that no other country in the world has more Africans than Brazil other than Nigeria. It seemed for instance that Nigeria got very good support at the Confederations cup as the fans booed the likes of Spain. I think unless African teams play Brazil, they will get a lot of support from Brazilians.

A) Cameroon - will be playing Brazil last which is a major plus, hopefully Brazil will steamroll both Croatia and Mexico and this match may be meaningless for them. Cameroon has a good chance vs Mexico and will play Croatia in a very hot and humid venue. They should have advantage here, and this is a Croatia who lost twice to Scotland. If Cameroon stays disciplined and together they can qualify.

C) CIV - Finally they have a doable group, the only problem is that this is by far their worst team they have yet sent to the WC. The coach will need to drop many of the aging players (Drogba, Romaric, Gosso Gosso,) and add youth. The key is to beat Japan in the first match, and this is a strong possibility. As poor as CIV defence is , Japan's defence is also very poor, especially against physical sides. Colombia's defence is also not that great. Hopefully in the final match vs Greece, the Greeks will not be able to advance by playing bunker football, and will have to come out and play which will greatly benefit CIV. I say they have a 50/50 chance to advance over Japan.

E) Nigeria - Have by far the easiest draw, and it is a major plus that we play Argentina last. We must get 6 points from those first 2 matches, anything less is unacceptable. Can we finally get a result against Argentina on the biggest stage ? If Keshi plays his cards right, possibly, if he fields some of the junk he has been fielding, not a chance. Anyways for all the hype about Kehsi if he cannot qualify from this group, he will be an utter failure, no two ways about it. He shouldn't even return to Nigeria if we fail.

G) Ghana - Tough draw for the Ghanainas, but if there is any team in AFrica that can get out of a group like this, it is Ghana. They key is to beat USA at all costs. The yanks will throw the kitchen sink at Ghana to avoid being the perpetual mistress. Goal keeping is an issue, that Dauda guy should not start. God forbid. 3 points from this match will set the tone. Portugal is beatable, but Ghana will lhave to be at their very best and need to control the midfield with quick players and starve Portugal of possession and being able to release CR7. If Ghana show up like the African warriors they can be, they will advance.

H) Algeria- Honestly I don't have faith in these guys. They way they collapsed in that easy group, especially vs Slovenia was a disgrace. THe team is full of new faces however. Its all a matter of which Algeria will show up because this group is very doable. Will it be the strong technical and passing Algeria, or the weak minded collapsing Algeria. Time will tell, but they should be in with a chance in all matches. I think 2010 experience should help them.
Ambazonia
Egg
Egg

Post by Ambazonia »

Heliopolis wrote:I'm still bewildered as to the type of support some of y'all are giving Cameroon. Where shall I begin?

I love Cybereagles!
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Was Kameni the reason they couldnt score goals? They have recorded a total of 16 goals out of their last 21 matches. If you take out the Tunisia match, Cameroon has scored 12 goals in its last 20 matches.

Oh yeah, Cameroon has conceded just 16 goals during the same 21 game span so I highly doubt Kameni was their biggest problem.

The idea that playing Brazil last in the group stage is an advantage is laughable. Do you guys really think Brazil will draw/lose at home in the group stage even if they have already qualified? That is a laughable idea. What is even more laughable is Brazil dropping points at home to a piss poor team like Cameroon. Finally, Brazil is not going to take it easy against Cameroon because Brazil will want to win its group and avoid the likely group B winners - Spain.

Each African team that has ever advanced out of the group stage has been a good team one way or another. There are no indications whatsoever Cameroon is a good team.
Elexus wrote:Take note that Cameroon have a new coach. Cameroon's greatest undoing was goaltender Kameni. He was the weakest link in IL's team. Charles Itandje has replaced him. The present Cameroon begin every match very cautiously. Its midfield is often crowded leaving very little space for the opposition. don't be surprised when Cameroon advance. If you rely on the past, you will be mistaken.

Jaidi
Egg
Egg

Post by Jaidi »

People forget the huge issues of climate and support! As mentioned this will be the World Cup played in conditions closest to most African home stadiums. The Euros and East Asians will struggle this WC. African teams in each group should get fan support and will be better adapted to the climate than their Euro/Asian counterparts.

Cameroon playing Brazil last is an advantage because they will already have full points and will not need to play their A team or put a lot of goals passed them. This will be crucial if the group comes down to goal difference.

Finally a major advantage Africa has this year is no AFCON this winter. This means no managers will be dismissed before the WC nor should their be major upheaval in selections.
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The Notorious B!GGESTMAN »

Mudi E wrote:Collectively, as a team, Ghana will beat Portugal, 4-2 score. Portugal are perennial underachievers on this stage..Cristiano Ronaldo cannot do it all by himself. Moutinho and Ronaldo is all they have..bottle them up, Ghana will emerge triumphant.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The same Portugal that Spain only beat on Penalties in the last European Championships at the Semi Finals? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

B!GGESTMAN wrote:
Mudi E wrote:Collectively, as a team, Ghana will beat Portugal, 4-2 score. Portugal are perennial underachievers on this stage..Cristiano Ronaldo cannot do it all by himself. Moutinho and Ronaldo is all they have..bottle them up, Ghana will emerge triumphant.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The same Portugal that Spain only beat on Penalties in the last European Championships at the Semi Finals? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Those are the 'key words' ...............Ghana will win Portugal and that's a given.
The bredas will need only a draw against USA to make round 2.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
galoise
Egg
Egg

Post by galoise »

Jaidi wrote:People forget the huge issues of climate and support! As mentioned this will be the World Cup played in conditions closest to most African home stadiums. The Euros and East Asians will struggle this WC. African teams in each group should get fan support and will be better adapted to the climate than their Euro/Asian counterparts.
Well most of the players at the WC play somewhere in Europe. The fan support, that I agree with. African teams are likely to have more support after Brazil.

On Mexican forums, they are not even discussing Cameroon lol... As far as they are concerned their only concern in that grp is picking up pts against Croatia & going through. That underestimating could just come back to haunt them.

At Helio: pls dont use Libya as an excuse to lambast Cameroon. With or without the Togo forfeit Cameroon still tops that grp! Long b4 that decision came down, Cameroon's objective was to pick up 6 pts in the last 3 games or worse case scenario: 4. That is exactly what happened. Do u think Libya even captained by Messi would draw let alone beat Cameroon in Yaounde?!?!??!?! Pulessseeeee! Egypt did it coz they are Cameroon's dark horse for one & 2ndly they have the experience & pedigree. Libya doesn't! No way on earth Libya would have pulled it off my friend.
So u agree that ur north African brothers were the weakest team in the draws? I doubt u said that after game one, when they almost murdered Cameroon if not for Itandje. Funny how everything surrounding Tunisia these days has some kind of an excuse.. oh Cameroon used unqualified players... now it is; oh Tunisia was just too weak (they are though :P ); oh Tunisia has infighting at the federation: have u spoken to a Cameroonian about infighting in the past 5 yrs! Give credit where it is due. Cameroon didn't buy its way to Brazil. They got there via "green grass"! Whether or not u like them.
Dislike Cameroon all u want, but they seem to show up when most expect them not to.... Nonetheless u have a point regarding Cameroon's game the past 4 years... fact remains that Cameroon has mostly suffered from internal fighting than from lack of talent or even good coaches. If that is sorted out (which seems to be the case) then it is a team to respect.
Last edited by galoise on Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.