AMEOBI WATCH™!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AMEOBI WATCH™!!!

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:The YeyeMan v.14

Thank you for this wonderful thread. Highlighting the exploits of a great Super Eagle. By the grace of God he will be in Brazil, repping our ungrateful nation and it's ignorant fans...

He will help us achieve our best world cup run EVER.
What has he done in the SE to make him a great?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

nzeogwu wrote:First of all, which living hich Nigerian forward/winger has scored more big tournament goals or provided more assists than Osaze? None. 2004 ANC, 2006 ANC, 2008 Olympics, 2008 ANC, 2010 ANC...None!!!

Most of Osaze's goals are in major tournaments. How many has Uche or Ideye scored in a tournament?????
Hmmmmm, Are You sure about this?

Warming the Bench in most of the Major Tournament Minus Chukwu era when he Replaced the 3 Hotel Hustlers.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Thank you for this wonderful thread. Highlighting the exploits of a great Super Eagle. By the grace of God he will be in Brazil, repping our ungrateful nation and it's ignorant fans...

You're welcome.

I wish I did an Okocha Watch™ back in the day - to observe a true Super Eagles great who repped Nigeria despite yabbis from our ungrateful nation and its ignorant fans. Okocha, a man with more footballing talent in his discarded toe nail clippings than Ameobi has in his entire body. He also won an ANC with Nigeria - Ameobi could have won an ANC with Nigeria too - but he was smart enough to insert a clause in his contract to stop him from repping Nigeria. And to think, he's lauded around here for his intelligence. :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

The YeyeMan wrote:

You're welcome.

I wish I did an Okocha Watch™ back in the day - to observe a true Super Eagles great who repped Nigeria despite yabbis from our ungrateful nation and its ignorant fans. Okocha, a man with more footballing talent in his discarded toe nail clippings than Ameobi has in his entire body. He also won an ANC with Nigeria - Ameobi could have won an ANC with Nigeria too - but he was smart enough to insert a clause in his contract to stop him from repping Nigeria. And to think, he's lauded around here for his intelligence. :lol:
Okosha was a great entertainer... football was an afterthought.

You know someone's level of understanding or appreciating football by how they rate Okosha aka TMWMP.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote:

2 goals in 5 games... one was against mighty Italy...

Oya eat your heart out and find a way to discount it... :) :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Cellular wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

You're welcome.

You know someone's level of understanding or appreciating football by how they rate Okosha aka TMWMP.
Ameobi's certainly no entertainer, he's barely a footballer - and I say that with a degree of respect.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Cellular wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

You're welcome.

Ameobi's certainly no entertainer, he's barely a footballer - and I say that with a degree of respect.
I man who next year would have had a 20 year career as a footballer...

Naijarians are funny... at least it is NOT attributed to cheating, bribery, blackmail or tribalism... he will cap that career playing for his country of birth in an age when folks deny any link to Naijaria...

In the next 4 weeks he will be in Brazil willing to sacrifice himself for the country... while ingrates are busy abusing him within the confines of their comfortable homes...

And wonder, why Naija is $^&*up country...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Cellular wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Cellular wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

You're welcome.

Naijarians are funny... at least it is NOT attributed to cheating, bribery, blackmail or tribalism... he will cap that career playing for his country of birth in an age when folks deny any link to Naijaria...

In the next 4 weeks he will be in Brazil willing to sacrifice himself for the country... while ingrates are busy abusing him within the confines of their comfortable homes...

Were you an ingrate from a %%%% up country when you were abusing Okocha from the comfort of your home with nothing but a Gulder for company? Please spare me your sanctimonious claptrap because you simply haven't got a leg to stand on here.

I've been watching Ameobi for years - since his debut appearance, no be just this season. I've had half an eye on him and his exploits from day one. Rarely have I been impressed by him. 20 Years of Ineptitude. Someone make a movie. Or better yet, don't!
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Cellular wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Cellular wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

You're welcome.

Were you an ingrate from a %%%% up country when you were abusing Okocha from the comfort of your home with nothing but a Gulder for company? Please spare me your sanctimonious claptrap because you simply haven't got a leg to stand on here.

I've been watching Ameobi for years - since his debut appearance, no be just this season. I've had half an eye on him and his exploits from day one. Rarely have I been impressed by him. 20 Years of Ineptitude. Someone make a movie. Or better yet, don't!
Okosha is a great entertainer many of you natives claimed was better than Rivaldo/Figo/Zidane combined... we only questioned the misnomer of him being referred to as a footballer...

But when someone decides to get lost in London on the way to the airport or fail to stand for anything and just wants to be left alone to jos play football, we will question why he behaves and act in such a nonchalant way.

You will agree that a purported footballer better than Rivaldo/Figo/Zidane combined should have at least helped Naija win somn or even win some individual award...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Wow Ameobi who for years avoided playing for Nigeria despite various coaches trying to get him to join the team, only to began to show interest as his career began to draw to a close and the window for playing for England had long been closed is suddenly the great patriot.

It's funny how Okocha served the Super Eagles for 13 years and his whole career is rubbished because of a single incident that happened in the very tail-end of his International career.
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

My brother Cellular, I can't get let you get away with this. No vex.

You say Nigerians do not appreciate people who agree to represent us when other people are "denying any links" to us. You then rubbish Okocha, who played 13 years for Nigeria, won a Nations Cup, qualified for three World Cups, and carried the team on his back in the last half of his international career .... and praise someone who spent 15 years "denying any links" to Nigeria, waiting patiently for his preferred team to lower its standards and call him up, finally announcing his willingness to play for Nigeria not because he wanted to but because England left him without a choice. Okocha is a player who pulled a goal back to give us hope against Cameroun in 2000 .... while Ameobi would have loved to have scored for England against us in 2002.

You say the nation is "ungrateful" to to the "great Eagle" Ameobi .... but don't specify what Ameobi did for us that we are supposed to be grateful for. I do think managers can select whoever they want, and I don't think players should be guaranteed a tournament spot because they played in the qualifiers .... but if anyone is to wave the accusation of ingratitude, it should be players who did the hard work of qualifying for the World Cup and winning the Nations Cup, but who have been or will be dropped from the squad so Ameobi who did nothing can go to the World Cup.

And you say it is only "ignorant" fans who don't understand that Ameobi is a great striker. Are there 7 billion ignorant football fans? Be honest, your feelings for Keshi are dictating your stance on Ameobi, not the facts of his career. This is supposed to be a discussion forum, but it is difficult to have the back-and-forth of proper discussion when people first make up their mind on whether they like or hate the manager, and then tailor their comments on the issues to reflect that preconceived opinion. Win six matches in a row, and you are still rubbish. Fail to qualify for the Nations Cup and you are still great.

A person can acknowledge that Ameobi is not a good striker without abandoning their support of the manager and the Eagles. They can also give the manager credit for good things (like winning the Nations Cup), without abandoning their opposition stance. There is no need for the ideological rigidity.....

PS: .... except in the case of Okocha Shrining. :clap:
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

kalani JR and The Eagle, thank you. We'll patiently wait for Cellular's response...
This is supposed to be a discussion forum, but it is difficult to have the back-and-forth of proper discussion when people first make up their mind on whether they like or hate the manager, and then tailor their comments on the issues to reflect that preconceived opinion.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

kalani JR wrote:Wow Ameobi who for years avoided playing for Nigeria despite various coaches trying to get him to join the team, only to began to show interest as his career began to draw to a close and the window for playing for England had long been closed is suddenly the great patriot.

It's funny how Okocha served the Super Eagles for 13 years and his whole career is rubbished because of a single incident that happened in the very tail-end of his International career.

Okosha is one of the best entertainers ever produced by Africa... but when it comes to football he might as well have been Benji Nzeakor or any of the numerous ball juggulars way dey play for Asata... and manage go dat reformatory skool called Nike boys.

It took him at the tail end of his career to realize what it takes to be a professional...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

The Eagle wrote:My brother Cellular, I can't get let you get away with this. No vex.

You say Nigerians do not appreciate people who agree to represent us when other people are "denying any links" to us. You then rubbish Okocha, who played 13 years for Nigeria, won a Nations Cup, qualified for three World Cups, and carried the team on his back in the last half of his international career .... and praise someone who spent 15 years "denying any links" to Nigeria, waiting patiently for his preferred team to lower its standards and call him up, finally announcing his willingness to play for Nigeria not because he wanted to but because England left him without a choice. Okocha is a player who pulled a goal back to give us hope against Cameroun in 2000 .... while Ameobi would have loved to have scored for England against us in 2002.

You say the nation is "ungrateful" to to the "great Eagle" Ameobi .... but don't specify what Ameobi did for us that we are supposed to be grateful for. I do think managers can select whoever they want, and I don't think players should be guaranteed a tournament spot because they played in the qualifiers .... but if anyone is to wave the accusation of ingratitude, it should be players who did the hard work of qualifying for the World Cup and winning the Nations Cup, but who have been or will be dropped from the squad so Ameobi who did nothing can go to the World Cup.

And you say it is only "ignorant" fans who don't understand that Ameobi is a great striker. Are there 7 billion ignorant football fans? Be honest, your feelings for Keshi are dictating your stance on Ameobi, not the facts of his career. This is supposed to be a discussion forum, but it is difficult to have the back-and-forth of proper discussion when people first make up their mind on whether they like or hate the manager, and then tailor their comments on the issues to reflect that preconceived opinion. Win six matches in a row, and you are still rubbish. Fail to qualify for the Nations Cup and you are still great.

A person can acknowledge that Ameobi is not a good striker without abandoning their support of the manager and the Eagles. They can also give the manager credit for good things (like winning the Nations Cup), without abandoning their opposition stance. There is no need for the ideological rigidity.....

PS: .... except in the case of Okocha Shrining. :clap:
THEophilus FANta aka The Eagle,

Okosha get more skill for his toe nail dan Ameobi.... to whom much is given much is expected. When someone prefers dancing Mkpokiti and Atiogwu while a game was going on... and den decide to show his 42 teeth yet again after dribbling aimlessly as the natives ohhh and ahhh in admiration.

I sabi pipul dey watch game for various reasons... afuta all pipul for dis site still prefer not kwalifying to kwalifying and winning the darn trophy. Same pipul like show me your numba, how tall you dey, no look pass... fetch ball gee me make I show dem soka...

Jos make sure you have a good TV to enjoy watching awa boy in Brazil...

We fit even petition FIFA to allow Oga come do some halftime tricks...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Janganza
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Janganza »

Cellular wrote:
Okosha is one of the best entertainers ever produced by Africa... but when it comes to football he might as well have been Benji Nzeakor or any of the numerous ball juggulars way dey play for Asata... and manage go dat reformatory skool called Nike boys.

It took him at the tail end of his career to realize what it takes to be a professional...
Thunder fire you dia Cellular :curse: Na my old school you finish like this :evil:
A school that produced the great Okocha, the great Christian Chukwu, the great Alloysius Atiegbu and so on. :twisted:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:

Oya eat your heart out and find a way to discount it... :) :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

2 goals in friendlies, one against the mighty Burkina homebased team and you qualify to be a great super eagle!

No wonder Catalyst said that thing about you :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

2 goals in friendlies, one against the mighty Burkina homebased team and you qualify to be a great super eagle!

No wonder Catalyst said that thing about you :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Actually the joke is on you buddy... Catalyst said that you were dishonest... that because I do not pay attention to detail I failed to see that you were lying. But continue...

Keep bringing up what Catalyst said about you... :clap:

Catalyst wrote:
txj wrote:
Catalyst wrote:
txj wrote:Mikel was afforded the time and space to buy into he coach's approach. In otherwords, he wasn't dismissed after several snubs and never reconsidered...
Mikel NEVER snubbed any call.

Why are you making things up?

There's a reason why Cellular never questioned my assertion...
Because he does not know that you were making it up. Cellular does not follow these things closely - he rarely does the dirty work of facts checking. ; He trusted you would not make things up.

Mikel and Keshi has had cordial a relationship to this point. On a couple of occasions, Keshi gave some players like Enyeama and Mikel time off in the early stages of his build process.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Janganza wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Thunder fire you dia Cellular :curse: Na my old school you finish like this :evil:
A school that produced the great Okocha, the great Christian Chukwu, the great Alloysius Atiegbu and so on. :twisted:
Are you saying that Nike grammar is not a reformatory school?

:P :tic:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

You still doesn't get it. Oh well...

Anyone who thinks Ameobi pass Okocha cannot be helped. :P
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

The YeyeMan wrote:You still doesn't get it. Oh well...

Who is the person that thinks Ameobi is better than Okosha? :?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:

The one who in a whiskey haze thinks a player with two friendly goals is a great!

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:

The one who in a whiskey haze thinks a player with two friendly goals is a great!
Whizkey is for creekish pipul... me and my crew in the absence of tombo we like Cognac and Champbubble... :taunt:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

On behalf of my boy Sola Ameobi, we will like to thank TheYeyeman v.14 for this remarkable PR job...

We have forwarded this thread to folks at Aso Rock as evidence that they don't need to spend 100 gazzilion dollar to do PR.

Sola, has even informed me that he will be meeting up with his numba one fan in Brazil to personally thank him and give him a signed jersey.

TheYeyeman, the country and indeed the cyber world is eternally grateful.

:D :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Window or Isle? :P
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...