THIS 2014 TEAM IS CAMEROONS BEST TEAM EVER

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mouko
Egg
Egg
Re: THIS 2014 TEAM IS CAMEROONS BEST TEAM EVER

Post by mouko »

Solowe wrote:You guys should watch out for Eric-Maxim Choupo-Moting (Mainz 05, Germany) on Cameroons team. The boy is the new Etoo.
...that I agree...
If Sex and Money can't do it, Forget About It.
01.06.1955 Ghana 7-0 Nigeria International @Kwabena
mouko
Egg
Egg

Post by mouko »

Robotnik wrote:
Solowe wrote:Todays game vs Germany is the best team game I have ever seen Cameroon play against a strong opponent.

The played a positive game, passed the ball around, used some very good consistent patterns and schemes. They have some new and excellent players outside of etoo and song. Their goal keeper as always is very good. None of the rough stuff was present. The only played tough when the game required it.

I think this is going to be a great WC for Cameroon and Africa.
Current form
1. Cameroon
2. Algeria
3. Ghana
4. Nigeria
5. Ivory Coast

I can't believe this...just because of one good game from Cameroon since God knows when, and the suddenly they become the best African team heading to Brazil? C'mon guys step back and take a breather...
Last edited by mouko on Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

mouko wrote:
Solowe wrote:
bolaji wrote:Nigerians are so fickle-minded. After the entire CE took turns berating the IL (as recent as the match versus Paraguay a few days ago) for years of under-achieving. Fast forward to June 1, 2014 and these same people are already proclaiming the current IL as the best ever, AFTER ONE FRIENDLY DRAW :lol:

I don't know what you are talking about, however, when I saw Cameroon play VS Tunisia in their last WC game, I told everybody they are very good. And now that I see their full team vs Germany, I think they are fantastic and they are going to do well in the WC. my big fear is actually us facing them in the ANC next year.
Solowe,
What did you think, when they fell to Paraguay before the German game? Look they had a good game ( Could have won actually had Podolski off side been called) but I still don't see us contending for anything down in Brazil. The talent is simply not there. This result could as well being a fluke.
Mouko,

I have been watching Cameroon a long time, probably not as close as you, but I am going to tell you that is the first time I have seem Cameroon play a big, tough opponent straight up mano-a-mano. No rough play, no overly defensively plays, no just counter attacking plays. just play them like a regular team. That's why I say this is your best team.

Even your confederations team that went to the finals played a lot defensively and relied mostly on Etoos brilliance up front. Yesterdays team attacked with 3-5 guys on the box sometimes and Webo didn't even play. This is great team play. They need to keep that spirit and they will go very far. Your team played so well, now people think its Germany that has a problem and they refuse to give Cameroon the credit. :mrgreen:

I didn't see the Paraguay game, but I saw the Portugal game. That game simply got alway from them, plus I don't think a number of your starters played.

I like this team. I will take them over the 2002 team.
Nipsy
Egg
Egg

Post by Nipsy »

Problem with the Portugal game were the substitutions at half time. The line up in the first half was more like our first team. The half ended 1-1. In the second half I think they had something like 8 substitutes. The new team just fell apart.

I maintain that the 2000 Olympic team, the 2002/3 team were better than the current team. Although I can see this team improving a lot if they can stick together.

My particular favourite IL team is the 1982 squad. It had an African legend playing in every position. It's a shame the goal against Peru(?) was disallowed. If that team had moved on to the latter stages, what happened in 1990 would have happened 8 years before. Those guys were amazing, and confident to boot. Plus, they'd been playing together in Canon and Tonerre for so long, they could read each other perfectly. The 1990 squad was a watered down version of the 82 team and their verve and pluckiness surprised the heck out of me, as I wasn't expecting much. Watching them today, though, they look like geniuses when compared to a recent team like the 2010 squad.
mouko
Egg
Egg

Post by mouko »

Solowe wrote:
mouko wrote:
Solowe wrote:
bolaji wrote:Nigerians are so fickle-minded. After the entire CE took turns berating the IL (as recent as the match versus Paraguay a few days ago) for years of under-achieving. Fast forward to June 1, 2014 and these same people are already proclaiming the current IL as the best ever, AFTER ONE FRIENDLY DRAW :lol:

I don't know what you are talking about, however, when I saw Cameroon play VS Tunisia in their last WC game, I told everybody they are very good. And now that I see their full team vs Germany, I think they are fantastic and they are going to do well in the WC. my big fear is actually us facing them in the ANC next year.
Solowe,
What did you think, when they fell to Paraguay before the German game? Look they had a good game ( Could have won actually had Podolski off side been called) but I still don't see us contending for anything down in Brazil. The talent is simply not there. This result could as well being a fluke.
Mouko,

I have been watching Cameroon a long time, probably not as close as you, but I am going to tell you that is the first time I have seem Cameroon play a big, tough opponent straight up mano-a-mano. No rough play, no overly defensively plays, no just counter attacking plays. just play them like a regular team. That's why I say this is your best team.

Even your confederations team that went to the finals played a lot defensively and relied mostly on Etoos brilliance up front. Yesterdays team attacked with 3-5 guys on the box sometimes and Webo didn't even play. This is great team play. They need to keep that spirit and they will go very far. Your team played so well, now people think its Germany that has a problem and they refuse to give Cameroon the credit. :mrgreen:

I didn't see the Paraguay game, but I saw the Portugal game. That game simply got alway from them, plus I don't think a number of your starters played.

Solowe,
I think it's the extremely low expectations that you had of the team that's making you say this...and I understand that happens when expectations are so low.
-Candidly I was expecting a 3-0 spanking as a good showing for them...couldn't believe it when Eto actually scored first...but again the 2002 team would smoke this one..I swear.
-That was a drilled and tested team. Won 2 back2back ANCs...and about 65% of whom won the Olympics. What have these bunch done? Beat Tunisia...that's it...actually.
-A game that many people don't know about is a warm-up game to 2002 WC. Cam-Argentina (2-2) Switzerland before the fight over bonuses started and derailed the entire campaign. That is the best game I have ever seen Cameroon play ever. If find the video I would send you a link...
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Nipsy wrote:Problem with the Portugal game were the substitutions at half time. The line up in the first half was more like our first team. The half ended 1-1. In the second half I think they had something like 8 substitutes. The new team just fell apart.

I maintain that the 2000 Olympic team, the 2002/3 team were better than the current team. Although I can see this team improving a lot if they can stick together.

My particular favourite IL team is the 1982 squad. It had an African legend playing in every position. It's a shame the goal against Peru(?) was disallowed. If that team had moved on to the latter stages, what happened in 1990 would have happened 8 years before. Those guys were amazing, and confident to boot. Plus, they'd been playing together in Canon and Tonerre for so long, they could read each other perfectly. The 1990 squad was a watered down version of the 82 team and their verve and pluckiness surprised the heck out of me, as I wasn't expecting much. Watching them today, though, they look like geniuses when compared to a recent team like the 2010 squad.

Those old teams you are referring too were not good teams. They were underdogs and they played like one. Their possession time vs that of their European opponents was more like 70-30%. Those were not good football teams, there were more like insurgent teams looking for a sluggers punch to win..
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

mouko wrote:
Solowe wrote:
mouko wrote:
Solowe wrote:

Solowe,
Mouko,

Solowe,
I think it's the extremely low expectations that you had of the team that's making you say this...and I understand that happens when expectations are so low.
-Candidly I was expecting a 3-0 spanking as a good showing for them...couldn't believe it when Eto actually scored first...but again the 2002 team would smoke this one..I swear.
-That was a drilled and tested team. Won 2 back2back ANCs...and about 65% of whom won the Olympics. What have these bunch done? Beat Tunisia...that's it...actually.
-A game that many people don't know about is a warm-up game to 2002 WC. Cam-Argentina (2-2) Switzerland before the fight over bonuses started and derailed the entire campaign. That is the best game I have ever seen Cameroon play ever. If find the video I would send you a link...
I don't think that 2002 team was so great. A lot of rough play and I don't remember any great players other than Etoo. Most of the others were just average players including Vivian Foe. They may have won in Africa but not quite good enough for the world stage. If you cant beat Ireland ..what do you expect ?

This team has at least 4 class players in Etoo, Wome, Song, Moting. Whats most impressive about this team is that the rest of the 1st team are really good players who are playing on respectable European teams: That's where the difference and their strength lies.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Solowe wrote:I don't think that 2002 team was so great. A lot of rough play and I don't remember any great players other than Etoo. Most of the others were just average players including Vivian Foe. They may have won in Africa but not quite good enough for the world stage. If you cant beat Ireland ..what do you expect ?

This team has at least 4 class players in Etoo, Wome, Song, Moting. Whats most impressive about this team is that the rest of the 1st team are really good players who are playing on respectable European teams: That's where the difference and their strength lies.
Wome?

As for 2002: Lauren in his prime. Geremi in his prime. Pierre Wome in his prime. And a Marc Vivien Foe in his prime.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

marutimon wrote:
Solowe wrote:I don't think that 2002 team was so great. A lot of rough play and I don't remember any great players other than Etoo. Most of the others were just average players including Vivian Foe. They may have won in Africa but not quite good enough for the world stage. If you cant beat Ireland ..what do you expect ?

Wome?

As for 2002: Lauren in his prime. Geremi in his prime. Pierre Wome in his prime. And a Marc Vivien Foe in his prime.

All those guys you mentioned were average players. Just because you play for Arsenal does not make you a world beater. Lauren was so good they moved him from MF to RB, Geremi had no pace.. played like he had 2 left feet, Marc Was just an enforcer in the midfield for Westham. He was no YaYA

I meant Webo
Last edited by JACKAL on Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

The 2002 team had just come off back to back ANC victories and at least to me seems to be stronger in most areas. It was a more cohesive team and had several world class players at several positions
Solowe wrote:Todays game vs Germany is the best team game I have ever seen Cameroon play against a strong opponent.

The played a positive game, passed the ball around, used some very good consistent patterns and schemes. They have some new and excellent players outside of etoo and song. Their goal keeper as always is very good. None of the rough stuff was present. The only played tough when the game required it.

Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
After one friendly game
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Elexus
Egg
Egg

Post by Elexus »

Nipsy wrote:Problem with the Portugal game were the substitutions at half time. The line up in the first half was more like our first team. The half ended 1-1. In the second half I think they had something like 8 substitutes. The new team just fell apart.

I agree. That 1982 team was probably the best team that Cameroon sent to a World Cup
There was theophilus Abega, there was the great one, Roger Milla. . I
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Not ever Cameroon 1982 in Spain.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
adios
Egg
Egg

Post by adios »

:agree: I agree, this is probably the best team talent wise Cameroon has ever had. I discover this after the Portugal match. Although Cameroon lost the game, I saw something in the team that makes me believe they have something special, they just needed some minor adjustments and they will be ready for WC. Neymar of Brazil himself said in an interview that Cameroon will be the team to beat at the WC because of their physical and tactical abilities.

Cameroon is a counter attacking team and dose very well on counter, I don't understand why they abandon these system after the 1990 WC and went to pressing, anyway I am happy they decided to go back on the system, hope they continue with it.
Nipsy
Egg
Egg

Post by Nipsy »

Solowe, I implore you to sit down and watch the 82 games again with an open mind. In particular check out Cameroon vs an Italian side who ended up going all the way. Italy may be notoriously slow starters, but they provided very strong opposition. And we played them last, when they were starting to find their top form. Poland were no slouches in those days, either. They're like the Croatia of today. I think Poland too went far in the competition. Peru also was a very good team. Had it not been for the disallowed goal against Peru, we would have gone through. Those 82 guys were incredible, and technically far superior to the talents on offer today. We don't have an enforcer of the ilk of Kunde who can also offer shooting options from deep with his kind of power. Song and Mbia are good, but when compared to the Mbida Arrantes/Abega options in midfield, they appear really lightweight. And when you consider other defensive heavy weights like Aoudou, Kaham Mitchel, Onana… oh my. Young Ebongue would have given Moukandjo or Aboubakar a real run for their money, weaving in from the wings. That team was solid in defence, simply sublime in the middle of the pitch, topped off with the likes of Milla waiting up front. A proud, distinctive spine. What has changed is that African players are now getting to play for European teams more and more. So there's more exposure. But those of us old enough to have followed the 82 players through the ages, knew their pedigree. Tokoto Jean-Pierre was easily the weakest link, but he was a good player, even if his best days were behind him. I would rate him on the level of a Lauren or Geremi. That's how good that team was. Even the commentators who tended to patronise (and still do) African teams of the day spoke very highly of that team. I only realised this when I was watching Italia 90 games.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Nipsy my man,

I love Cameroonian football. Those of us who grew up in the era when there were only 1 or 2 African representatives know those players like the back on of our hands. My favorite on the Cameroon team of 1982 was the giant Kunde. He could hit those thunderous shots from 30 yards away. Nkonos confidence was refereshing to see and Roger Milla was always the Primma Donna

Is it possible you are remembering things about those teams with too much of a touch of youthful Nostalgia ?

African players of today are playing against their Peers, while those from that Era were really playing spirited games for the glory of the mother Africa. These kids of today are really better trained and exposed and they are playing on equal footing against all their opponents. Etoo was the highest paid footballer in the world vs Miller who in spite of his exploits in France was barely known in Europe. Eto is 10 times the player Miller was... but I still love Miller.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
CAMEROON HAS THE BEST AFRICAN SQUAD IN WC

Post by vancity eagle »

CAMEROON HAS THE BEST AFRICAN SQUAD IN WC

Looking at all 5 rosters for the WC it is apparent to me that Cameroons is actually by far the most balanced and talented overall.

Nigeria has so many junks in the squad, and beyond aprox 14 players the rest are rubbish

Ghana has a very strong midfield but piss poor defence

CIV have a poor defence and no MF options beyond their starters.

Algeria have good midfield options, their attack and defence a little bare

Cameroon is solid in all departments beginning with a solid keeper in Itanje. Best African defence IMO. Solid midfield and a very good attacking unit.

Best team overall IMO.
Agbako
Egg
Egg
Re: CAMEROON HAS THE BEST AFRICAN SQUAD IN WC

Post by Agbako »

I was the first to mention that CAMEROON have the best representing team for Africa in Brazil. Even after watching that team loose woefully to Portugal few months back. Even at that game I saw an African Warrior team that will leave everything on the field of Play. Cameroon go ahead and fight for Africa. Ghana will also make Africa proud. Thats it. If you know Football, you will take that to the Bank. Now our Super Eagles on the other hang despite the corrupt selection of players have the swagger of Surprises even if we dress up chickens in Green White Green to raise a few eye brows.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

vancity eagle wrote:Looking at all 5 rosters for the WC it is apparent to me that Cameroons is actually by far the most balanced and talented overall.

Nigeria has so many junks in the squad, and beyond aprox 14 players the rest are rubbish

Cameroon is solid in all departments beginning with a solid keeper in Itanje. Best African defence IMO. Solid midfield and a very good attacking unit.

Best team overall IMO.

Non of those Team will Beat Nigeria---Facts Not Feeling..
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

vancity eagle wrote:
Bros,
The highlighted is untrue, they have "arguably" the most in-form strikers amongst the other African nations, at least for their national teams (Soudani & Silmani).
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

GUEST wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:Looking at all 5 rosters for the WC it is apparent to me that Cameroons is actually by far the most balanced and talented overall.

Best team overall IMO.

Non of those Team will Beat Nigeria---Facts Not Feeling..
With or without Babatunde ?
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

Mouko do you even know Football? or do you even know your team? Dude I did not see the game played yesterday against Germany. But I watched the game they played against Portugal with a rag tag team. I re-watched the game again about 3 times. Despite loosing with 4 goals. Brother that Cameroon team is good. They are the only African Team I can bank my money on. Yes I said it… Except money palaver comes in as usual then there is no hope.
Bim
Egg
Egg

Post by Bim »

yannick wrote:its just a friendly guys relax...once upon a time even Nigeria beat the then reigning champions France in a friendly match...we hyped the team to high heavens...only to see them crumble like a pack of cards in the subsequent world cup,not trying to say Cameroon will not do well,on the contrary I see a very cohesive and well-drilled Cameroon team capable(both in depth and talent) of dishing some serious humble pies to naysayers... BUT there is more at stake in a world cup than a friendly where players are more concerned about evading injuries ahead of the D-day more than anything else.

they crumpbled not becorse they were not a good Team they crumbled becouse the Coach who did the work was fired and an oyinbo Coach was hired three months before the world cup