Arsenal-Related News & Developments - 2014/2015 Season

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Arsenal-Related News & Developments - 2014/2015 Season

Post by Molue Conductor »

platinum wrote:
Gunzilla wrote:
PapaK wrote:
Gunzilla wrote:
PapaK wrote:
Gunzilla wrote:If AW allows Cesc go to Chelsea..this will be his last season at Arsenal!!! The boy clearly wants to come back and David Ornstein of BBC just said on twitter that Arsenal has told Barca they not interested!! Can you imagine ?? Cesc is better that Ramsey and Ozil put together!! There is no way any Arsenal fan can hate him if he goes to Chelsea but AW in his typical buffonery will do nothing and allow him to strengthen the opposition.Believe me i'll be shedding tears everytime i see Fab in that despicable blue shirt if it ever happens..
na wo o! so, Cesc is now the victim. And here was I thinking that someone went on strike to force a move out of the Arsenal. Anyway, whether una like am or not Cesc is going to play for the enemy of football. I guess he is going to enjoy his Chelski DNA

When you are reading crazy blogs like Legrove and they start peddling rumours until they become "fact" thats how you come up with ridiculous statements that he went on strike to force a move...!! smh
sorry, i dont read Le Grove. And I dont need to read any blog to know that Cesc forced his way out of the Arsenal. He even admitted that he went to Barca on a reduced wage. Whatever you guys think, fact remains that Arsenal have not treated Cesc badly by saying we no longer have a place for him. He should go and enjoy his career elsewhere
Its not about Arsenal treating Cesc badly,its about allowing a world class AM who wants to come back to Arsenal and is better than all the players we have in that position to go to another premier league club cos "we dont really need him".When RVP went to United,you people were the same ones saying he's a crock,he wont do anything there and we all saw the result of that...Cesc is arguably the best AM in the world right now..he was doing when he was 18 what Ramsey achieeved in the good 5 months he had last season. Cant really believe that some Arsenal fans were really comparing Ramsey and Fab...lol Fab has more skill and awareness and in his little finger than Ramsey has in his whole body..Up till the beginning of last season even CE,Ramsey was being called Ramshyt cos only few people believed that he'd ever come good....and then all of a sudden hes better than Fabregas ?? Fab does everything Ram does..only he sees every move like 4 seconds faster than Ramsey..a lifetime in footy!..So if Fabregas goes to Chelsea already with their talented squad,they are bound to be winners and then come May next year we'd we wondering again why we got it so wrong !!

It'd be crazy not to pick Cesc up while retaining obviously inferior players like Rosicky and Diaby or even Cazorla but there're always reasons...

Cesc is a heavy presence, ex-captain, do you bring him in and stunt the dynamic currently brewing in the team? How much money will he want, that wage structure remains, Arsenal broke the bank last time to keep him for one extra season, is that something the club is willing to do again? Would fans also accept RVP back the same way if he wanted to return, he's an obvious fan of the club too and I don't see much difference in how he and Cesc left.
Cesc did not go to United
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Molue Conductor wrote:
platinum wrote:
Gunzilla wrote:
PapaK wrote:
Gunzilla wrote:
PapaK wrote:
Gunzilla wrote:If AW allows Cesc go to Chelsea..this will be his last season at Arsenal!!! The boy clearly wants to come back and David Ornstein of BBC just said on twitter that Arsenal has told Barca they not interested!! Can you imagine ?? Cesc is better that Ramsey and Ozil put together!! There is no way any Arsenal fan can hate him if he goes to Chelsea but AW in his typical buffonery will do nothing and allow him to strengthen the opposition.Believe me i'll be shedding tears everytime i see Fab in that despicable blue shirt if it ever happens..
na wo o! so, Cesc is now the victim. And here was I thinking that someone went on strike to force a move out of the Arsenal. Anyway, whether una like am or not Cesc is going to play for the enemy of football. I guess he is going to enjoy his Chelski DNA

When you are reading crazy blogs like Legrove and they start peddling rumours until they become "fact" thats how you come up with ridiculous statements that he went on strike to force a move...!! smh
sorry, i dont read Le Grove. And I dont need to read any blog to know that Cesc forced his way out of the Arsenal. He even admitted that he went to Barca on a reduced wage. Whatever you guys think, fact remains that Arsenal have not treated Cesc badly by saying we no longer have a place for him. He should go and enjoy his career elsewhere
Its not about Arsenal treating Cesc badly,its about allowing a world class AM who wants to come back to Arsenal and is better than all the players we have in that position to go to another premier league club cos "we dont really need him".When RVP went to United,you people were the same ones saying he's a crock,he wont do anything there and we all saw the result of that...Cesc is arguably the best AM in the world right now..he was doing when he was 18 what Ramsey achieeved in the good 5 months he had last season. Cant really believe that some Arsenal fans were really comparing Ramsey and Fab...lol Fab has more skill and awareness and in his little finger than Ramsey has in his whole body..Up till the beginning of last season even CE,Ramsey was being called Ramshyt cos only few people believed that he'd ever come good....and then all of a sudden hes better than Fabregas ?? Fab does everything Ram does..only he sees every move like 4 seconds faster than Ramsey..a lifetime in footy!..So if Fabregas goes to Chelsea already with their talented squad,they are bound to be winners and then come May next year we'd we wondering again why we got it so wrong !!

It'd be crazy not to pick Cesc up while retaining obviously inferior players like Rosicky and Diaby or even Cazorla but there're always reasons...

Cesc is a heavy presence, ex-captain, do you bring him in and stunt the dynamic currently brewing in the team? How much money will he want, that wage structure remains, Arsenal broke the bank last time to keep him for one extra season, is that something the club is willing to do again? Would fans also accept RVP back the same way if he wanted to return, he's an obvious fan of the club too and I don't see much difference in how he and Cesc left.
Cesc did not go to United

Yeah, he might go to city rivals Chelsea. At this point, I think that's a worse transgression.
Last edited by platinum on Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Ligamentum
Egg
Egg

Post by Ligamentum »

Cesc has Wengers number. If you really really wanna come back, call Wenger and talk.
@#$% bitchress Vogts
this guy has destroyed nigerian football!
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

IMHO, it will be foolhardy if Cesc is available and Arsenal pass on him. Moreso when we have a buy back clause on him at a set price. There can never be enough quality players in a team. Imagine the difference having him will have made in our team last season when Ozil and Ramsey were injured. And for those against buying him, think again: Why do you think Man City won the league and we did not? The answer is simple. Man City had depth and we did not. Despite key players being injured, they were able to maintain their quality and get the results that count. Thats the essence of acquiring Cesc if he is available makes sense.

Another point is that it also gives us variety. Who says we can devise a playing system to accommodate him. For example a 4-1-2-2-1 system. Take the following line up as an example:

Woj

Carl Kosc Per Gibbs

DM(?)
Ramsey Cesc

Ozil Santi

Giroud

And a bench comprising:

1. Goalie
2. TV
3. Flamini
4. Jack
5. OX,
6. Theo,
7. Podz

will drive the fear of God into any team we face.

A variety of what we deployed against Napoli at the emirates. Its called innovation. The point is the more world class players we have in our team the better.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Won't look right if Cesc is playing for Chelsea or Man United.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Ligamentum
Egg
Egg

Post by Ligamentum »

Cesc will not wear blue. I promise to quit this forum forever if that happens.
@#$% bitchress Vogts
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Now I understand, there is a 50 percent sell on clause. It is all about profit.

Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Gunzilla wrote:
PapaK wrote:
Gunzilla wrote:
PapaK wrote:

1. Cesc is not better than all the players Arsenal have at AM.

2. Cesc is not the best playmaker in the world, if he was Barca would not be so keen to offload him.

3. Ramsey and Cesc are and have always been very different players. Ramsey is not as good a player technically or in possesion as Cesc, but Cesc cannot match Ramsey's engine or completeness as a midfield player. As of today I will not swap Cesc for our best player last season Aaron Ramsey. Though I accept Cesc is a higher calibre player...the fact today is this Arsenal team needs Ramsey now more than it needs Cesc!

We need to be careful not to go overboard if the club decide we have other more pressing priorities, we must remember this same Cesc spent many years with us was great for us but and we did won anything...while it will be good to have him I think it shows how far we have come recently that we are in a position where he is available and we can afford to think about it...

Cesc coming back is not as simple as some are looking at it, he won't come back to be on the bench or rotate as someone like Cazorla for example might be willing to do, how does it affect the current team dynamic, we already have 3-4 big earners in midfield is this an area where we want to add another? Will a move for Fabregas effectively kill the Arsenal career of Jack Wilshere (who has a lot of improving to do btw but how if he does not play?) etc etc...

I don't think this matter is closed anyway until a official bid goes in from somebody, you never know with Arsenal..we may get him but if we decide not to no big deal for me..at the end of 2013/14 we identified what our priorities were CF, RB, DM, GK etc etc...getting another playmaker was not on that list..sometimes you have to focus on what you really need. :idea:
To God be the glory
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Those wey dey vex about this possible cesc move...if chelsea gets cesc and arsenal gets benzema, will you be happy?

*note - cesc (while still great) isn't what he was when he left (he may get back to that player), there's a reason barca want koke or rakitic.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

platinum wrote:Those wey dey vex about this possible cesc move...if chelsea gets cesc and arsenal gets benzema, will you be happy?

*note - cesc (while still great) isn't what he was when he left (he may get back to that player), there's a reason barca want koke or rakitic.
No

Arsenal have the funds to get both Benzema and Cesc.

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

The Lil Gremlin don Confirm His Evil Plans :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
Mourinho confirms Fabregas interest

Cesc Fabregas scored twice in Barca's fine 5-2 comeback win at Getafe.Chelsea are following the transfer saga of Cesc Fabregas, manager Jose Mourinho confirmed on Thursday.

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has confirmed he is interested in signing Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas.

Mourinho said the Blues are looking into bringing Fabregas back to play in London, where he featured for Arsenal from 2003-2011, with some reports going so far as to say a deal has already been agreed.

The Gunners have said they have no plans to recall Fabregas, who could find his role diminished at the Nou Camp if Barcelona can pry Koke from Ateletico Madrid.

Chelsea, meanwhile, have an opening in midfield with Frank Lampard departed, and Blues boss Mourinho says the 27-year-old Spaniard is ready for a change.

"I think it looks like he's really interested in leaving Barcelona and is very, very interested in coming back to England. This, I think, is clear," Mourinho said, according to The Guardian.

"There is a process where he wants to leave, [and] he wants to come to England because it's the country where he wants to be, where he prefers to play. We are interested in monitoring the situation."

A potential move to Stamford Bridge got another boost on Thursday with Chelsea striker Fernando Torres supporting the notion.

"If he's made to feel important, like a leader -- like when he was at Arsenal -- he can drive the team on and he's a type of player Chelsea don't have right now," Torres said of his Spain teammate.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

platinum wrote:Those wey dey vex about this possible cesc move...if chelsea gets cesc and arsenal gets benzema, will you be happy?

I will be happy if Arsenal get Di Maria than Benzema.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Valid points, Sky.

Cesc is an incredible player, and I'll be sad to see him go to any rival. However, as long as we fill our areas of need with top quality, I won't cry too much.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

It won't happen, I don't think Cesc can play for Borinhno.

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Skylolo don come again.

I support Azuka's position 100%
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

I no want Cesc joo..

I want Aurier, Di Maria , Morata and some bullish DM Wanyama for example and if we still want Jara Morata.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

would be happy with this

In
Cesc Fabregas 30 MP
Mario Balotelli 18 MP
Serge Aurer RB 7 MP
Lars Bender DM 18 MP
Kingsley Koman CM 1 MP
Pejcinonovic CD free
David Ospina GK free
Lescott CD free

Out
Podolski 10 MP
Vermaelen 8 MP
Vela 6.5 MP - I don't think his game is suited for he EPL. Agree to Real Sociedad offer.
Djorou 2. 5MP
Arteta 2 MP - crowded midfield

first team
Chezny
Aurer, Kos, Mert, Gibbs
Cesc, Bender, Ramsey
Walcott, Balloteli, Ozil

2nd team
Ospina
Jenkinson, Pejcinonvic, Lescott, Monreal
Wilshere, Flamini, Rosicky/Diaby
Ox, Giroud and Sanago , Carzola

Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Ligamentum wrote:Cesc will not wear blue. I promise to quit this forum forever if that happens.
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Bookmarked
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Benzema is crap......he goes missing in important games......funny how wenger is the only coach "trying to sign" this wastepipe
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Arsenal needs a director of football with some competence in the worst possible way ... I'm so sick of the Wenger - Gazidis yearly transfer fiasco!

Where have you gone David Dein :curse:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Ligamentum
Egg
Egg

Post by Ligamentum »

Gooner1 wrote:
Ligamentum wrote:Cesc will not wear blue. I promise to quit this forum forever if that happens.
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Bookmarked
It won't happen. If it does, I will quit. I know that will make you very happy.
@#$% bitchress Vogts
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

If Dein was around I would be shocked if we didn't have at least 5 more trophies in the bin plus a stronger lineup sans the exodus of quality players without adequate replacements.

These two losers either have no ambition or the skills to do what is necessary to build a winner. Cuz it's clear that money is no longer a stumbling block

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Gooner1 wrote:

Benzema is crap......he goes missing in important games......funny how wenger is the only coach "trying to sign" this wastepipe
Wenger is not trying anything and yes the guy go missing in big games.Even PSG and Monaco that throw money like sand are not looking at the guy.Wenger knows he is a waste pipe, madrid offer bobo plus 40m to liverpool for Saurez.