Arsenal-Related News & Developments - 2014/2015 Season

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Arsenal-Related News & Developments - 2014/2015 Season

Post by amafolas »

anikulapo wrote:If Dein was around I would be shocked if we didn't have at least 5 more trophies in the bin plus a stronger lineup sans the exodus of quality players without adequate replacements.

These two losers either have no ambition or the skills to do what is necessary to build a winner. Cuz it's clear that money is no longer a stumbling block
When it comes to transfer, Wenger by nature is a hesitant overthinker. Dein was a more practical guy. He was the guy that usually was like lets jut go for while Wenger still dey analyse. Dein was the only one in the leadership who cared about what happened on the pitch. All the other guys at the club only care about the whole business.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The Notorious B!GGESTMAN »

Ligamentum wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
Ligamentum wrote:Cesc will not wear blue. I promise to quit this forum forever if that happens.
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Bookmarked
It won't happen. If it does, I will quit. I know that will make you very happy.
please retract your statement . CFC will get him.
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Siddonlook11 wrote:I no want Cesc joo..

I want Aurier, Di Maria , Morata and some bullish DM Wanyama for example and if we still want Jara Morata.

you will have to ask Santa Clause for those, not Wenger.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Ligamentum
Egg
Egg

Post by Ligamentum »

FRANK WHITE wrote:
Ligamentum wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
Ligamentum wrote:Cesc will not wear blue. I promise to quit this forum forever if that happens.
Bookmarked
If Fabregas goes to Chelshit, I will quit!
@#$% bitchress Vogts
this guy has destroyed nigerian football!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Ligamentum wrote:
FRANK WHITE wrote:
Ligamentum wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
Bookmarked

It will pain me seriously, but losing a Fan like you on CE will make it even more painful.

maybe we should write a letter to "politely voice our displeasure" (insult the hell out of Wenger) if that happens?

Kai, Anikulapo sabi yab sha....he called Wenger "skinny french something"...
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

I want Aurier, Di Maria , Morata and some bullish DM Wanyama for example and if we still want Jara Morata.

:veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Siddonlook11 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

:veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

Gadzidis and Wenger have ZERO respect for the fans or their wishes. They just plot how to make money while being relatively competitive. Why did that Gadzidis of an angel* decide to announce that Arsenal will 99.9% NOT sign Aurier? Just to piss of the fans (since majority appears to want him)?
AFCON 2019 sweet o

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Ligamentum wrote:
FRANK WHITE wrote:
Ligamentum wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
Bookmarked
Quit CE or Arsenal ?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

http://news.yahoo.com/koscielny-urges-a ... ZJUDI4M18x
Koscielny urges Arsenal to spend big this summer

CLAIREFONTAINE, France (AP) — Defender Laurent Koscielny backs coach Arsene Wenger to oversee a new era of success at Arsenal, providing he buys at least four players — including a top-class striker — this summer.
Related Stories

Wenger signs new 3-year deal at Arsenal Associated Press
Soccer-Wenger commits to Arsenal, targets more success Reuters
Arsenal's Wenger signs three-year contract extension Reuters
Arsenal fans hail cup-winning heroes Reuters
Soccer-Arsenal fans hail cup-winning heroes Reuters

Arsenal, which won the FA Cup to end a long trophy drought, led the English Premier League for long spells and was in the top two places from late September until March before slipping to fourth after crushing defeats to rivals: 5-1 at Liverpool and 6-0 at Chelsea.

Those losses, coupled with injuries to midfielders Aaron Ramsey and Jack Wilshere, severely exposed Arsenal's squad limitations.

"We'll need a goalkeeper, a right back, a midfielder and a striker," Koscielny said on Thursday in an interview with The Associated Press at France's pre-World Cup training camp.

"It's important to have a minimum of these four players so that we'll be better able to challenge over the course of a whole season against teams like Manchester City, Chelsea or (Manchester) United. Winning the FA Cup can change things and lead to other players coming."

Arsenal missed Ramsey's scoring touch and striker Olivier Giroud, who scored 16 league goals, was overplayed, starting 36 of 38 league games.

"Yes, we need to recruit a very, very good striker, because it's important for us, for competition for places, because Olivier needs that to become even better," Koscielny said. "Having a striker who scores more than 30 goals a season can help us win the Premier League. Compared to the squads like Manchester City, even United, Chelsea. ... You can see there's a certain difference."

Arsenal beat Hull 3-2 in extra time in a thrilling FA Cup final. Defeat would have been hugely damaging for Wenger, who was under severe pressure to deliver.

"It was a relief for everyone. We felt a weight coming off us. We made the most of it when we celebrated our trophy, it was an extraordinary moment," Koscielny said. "Thanks to this trophy, we'll be able to play more freely in the years to come without this pressure hanging over us, thinking 'we must win a trophy.'"

Koscielny said Wenger deserved his new three-year contract extension.

"We're all happy. He's the one who brought me over here and gave me my chance," Koscielny said. "A lot of players owe him. It was important for us that he signed again."

The 28-year-old Koscielny recently signed his own new contract to 2019.

"I feel good at this club, I'm trusted," he said. "I play regularly, so I didn't have any wish to leave."
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Ligamentum
Egg
Egg

Post by Ligamentum »

oloye wrote:
Ligamentum wrote:
FRANK WHITE wrote:
Ligamentum wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
Bookmarked
Quit CE or Arsenal ?
Quit CE.
Gunner for life. But I may have to get less emotionally involved.
@#$% bitchress Vogts
this guy has destroyed nigerian football!
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Ligamentum wrote:
oloye wrote:
Ligamentum wrote:
FRANK WHITE wrote:
Ligamentum wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
Bookmarked
Quit CE or Arsenal ?
Quit CE.
Why quit CE because of Arsenal's business? :? :? :? I mean wetin concern agbero with overload?
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Ligamentum wrote:
oloye wrote:
Ligamentum wrote:
FRANK WHITE wrote:
Ligamentum wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
Bookmarked
Quit CE or Arsenal ?
Quit CE.
Shuo :scared: :scared: care to explain the rationale behind this?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Gunzilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Gunzilla »

Ligamentum wrote:
oloye wrote:
Ligamentum wrote:
FRANK WHITE wrote:
Ligamentum wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
Bookmarked
Quit CE or Arsenal ?
Quit CE.
Ligamentum,you and i are on the same page on this.Don't think i will be ever be to get over it if Fab4 plays for another premier league esp Chelsea..Will just take a back seat view a be a little less passionate about everything.I already puke in my mouth every time i see RVP score for Manure.Now i know how Rottenham fans felt when Sol made the short move across North London.. :cry:
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

LIKE PLAY LIKE PLAY, IF YOU GO GET FABREGAS- WE WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO GET COSTA!!!! :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... Costa-deal
Arsenal's decision over Carlos Vela set to hold up Chelsea's Diego Costa deal

ARSENAL could yet throw a spanner in the works of Chelsea's move for Diego Costa as they ponder activating Carlos Vela's buy-back clause.Vela has emerged as a target for Costa's current club Atletico Madrid with Diego Simeone apparently ready to pay £8m to land the Mexican.

Atletico have already lost David Villa this summer and are reportedly keen to bring in attacking reinforcements before letting Costa leave as well.

It is believed that Costa has already passed a medical at Stamford Bridge and will join Chelsea in a £32m deal after the World Cup.

But Atletico may not be willing to sign off on the deal until they have a replacement already in the bag.
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

FRANK WHITE wrote:LIKE PLAY LIKE PLAY, IF YOU GO GET FABREGAS- WE WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO GET COSTA!!!! :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

ARSENAL could yet throw a spanner in the works of Chelsea's move for Diego Costa as they ponder activating Carlos Vela's buy-back clause.Vela has emerged as a target for Costa's current club Atletico Madrid with Diego Simeone apparently ready to pay £8m to land the Mexican.

Atletico have already lost David Villa this summer and are reportedly keen to bring in attacking reinforcements before letting Costa leave as well.

It is believed that Costa has already passed a medical at Stamford Bridge and will join Chelsea in a £32m deal after the World Cup.

But Atletico may not be willing to sign off on the deal until they have a replacement already in the bag.
Sensationalism from the Express. Atleti already signed Correa and still have Adrian, they may sign another forward but Arsenal can't hold them to gunpoint on Vela, they'll simply go elsewhere.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

platinum wrote:
FRANK WHITE wrote:LIKE PLAY LIKE PLAY, IF YOU GO GET FABREGAS- WE WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO GET COSTA!!!! :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Sensationalism from the Express. Atleti already signed Correa and still have Adrian, they may sign another forward but Arsenal can't hold them to gunpoint on Vela, they'll simply go elsewhere.
I agree. Arsenal should sign the players we want/need, and leave foolishness alone.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Oga Ligamentum please you suppose understand how Arsenal do things.Please dont leave the forum because of Fab4 playing for Chelsea.Arsenal leaders have no respect for fans.I stop paying my membership 2 years ago because of their rubbish.When your oga say 99% sure will are not signing a RB which even a blind man knows we need one as Sagna is gone.City will have 3 RB yet Arsenal will be darling darling with Jenko
I will surely share tears when Mikel stop our moves,pass to Fab4 and he pass a split pass to Costa and a goal chelsea .
Imagine Fab playing for Chelsea and outshine all our MF just to get on us for not signing him back.
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

If this comparative analysis is right, does The Arsenal reall have to spend 30mil. on Fabregas?

WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Cally wrote:Valid points, Sky.

Cesc is an incredible player, and I'll be sad to see him go to any rival. However, as long as we fill our areas of need with top quality, I won't cry too much.
It will be very sad especially playing for that anti-football man called Bourinho...however we have to focus on our priorities.
To God be the glory
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Thunder wrote:If this comparative analysis is right, does The Arsenal reall have to spend 30mil. on Fabregas?

Can you post Ozil and Ramsey stats for 2013-2014?
Can you post Santi stats for his first season with Arsenal and do the same for Ozil first season for Arsenal?
Please stats does not tell the whole story.
Can you put Fabregas stats and Ozil for who score important goals?
Who has carry the team when need be on his own?
Which of them can guarantee 10-15 goals a season?
Thanks
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Thunder wrote:If this comparative analysis is right, does The Arsenal reall have to spend 30mil. on Fabregas?

Yes.
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Not surprised at all.....I wonder what period the numbers cover.

3 key ones to draw out here for me;

- Chances created/90 mins

- Dribble completion

- Cross completion.

The numbers show, in terms of creating chances Ozil is your man and it is no surprise to me at all.

I am a bit surprised at the shooting accuracy numbers, but then Ozil does not really take many shots! But that number might explain why Wenger keeps saying Ozil can score more goals..... :idea:

Personally I have always felt Cesc is a penetrative passer like Xavi who can also score goals, but Ozil is more like a Iniesta/David Silva...a penetrative dribbler with vision and composure, he is the one you want running at defences. The numbers don't lie at all...
To God be the glory
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Skylolo wrote:

Not surprised at all.....I wonder what period the numbers cover.

3 key ones to draw out here for me;

- Chances created/90 mins

- Dribble completion

- Cross completion.

The numbers show, in terms of creating chances Ozil is your man and it is no surprise to me at all.

I am a bit surprised at the shooting accuracy numbers, but then Ozil does not really take many shots! But that number might explain why Wenger keeps saying Ozil can score more goals..... :idea:

Personally I have always felt Cesc is a penetrative passer like Xavi who can also score goals, but Ozil is more like a Iniesta/David Silva...a penetrative dribbler with vision and composure, he is the one you want running at defences. The numbers don't lie at all...
You saying all this now because Fabregas is not our player today.
Why is goal scoring not one of your key things?
Can Ozil show up in a big game?
Can Ozil carry the team as a leader or hide behind other players?