Arsenal-Related News & Developments - 2014/2015 Season

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Arsenal-Related News & Developments - 2014/2015 Season

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

platinum wrote:
paj wrote:...mayn...i tried to read but y'all sound depressing...it's like a polygamous home where everybody dey fight..make I carry go bck to the BridgeNews jare.. :tic:

polygamous homes always get way of having that one pikin wey papa no wife im mama and the pikin dey always loiter around....the pikin na still one of the kids at the end of the day...that pikin na you in this instance. Always around.

two pikins...PaJ and his "junior broda" BigPokey
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

platinum wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Sorry but I can't blame Cesc for leaving ... haba we were not serious or showing any ambition and he was being courted by his hometown club which was at the time the best team in the world :shock: :shock: And oh yeah there was the chance to play with that guy named Messi :idea:

All the while we were penny pinching on the likes of Benayoun :curse: Djorou, Santos and Yao Kouasi :rotf:

And even while there he was still saying great things about us to his Barca homies much to their chagrin. Now, however, he will undo all the goodwill if he goes to Chelshyt :curse: As much as we loved him he will be one just as bad as Nasri and Judas.

If he really wants to come back to Arsenal, all he has to do is speak out to the press and say: I am contracted to Barca and I will stay here to see out my contract. The only other team I will accept a sale to is Arsenal :idea:

After that tori don end be that. There is no way Wenger can say no to that
We were not showing ambition yet you call RVP Judas for saying pretty much the same thing you just said. And mek we leave the 'cry me a river' sob tales about missing home. If you want to point to people who really had issues with missing home, point to guys like Jesus Navas.

Cesc was tired of carrying the team and wanted to join a winner as a hero (the winner happened to be his home side), he did. Summarily, they rejected him. Same story with Van Persie except his is a bit more comical seeing how hard United fell.

I will accept any player who comes to Arsenal and helps the club including Cesc but make we save the sob tales.

This platinum sef...wetin be sob tales? I still don't get how Cesc and RvP went about it the wrong way, but Sagna is doing it correctly? Like you, I will take any of them, including Nasri back (if they can help win).

As a matter of fact, if you want to blame them, include Sagna, who is leaving for FREE, by the way.
I believe Cesc can help us, but if Wenger thinks Ozil, Carzola + our fragile British stars can carry the midfield, that's his call. I just disagree with your granting pardon to Sagna, who will be a major loss with no compensation. Especially disagree with your insinuation that he is leaving after helping us win the FA cup... he was with us for 7 seasons, while both RvP and Cesc spent 8 seasons each at Arsenal, during which none can be blamed for not playing hard.
Chief, remember my primary premise: It's a business, I do not for a second blame any of these guys for leaving.

I am not insinuating cesc & rvp went about it the wrong way. I have said clearly each man had a right to leave of his own accord, no be slave trade. My reaction is for those who think player X is more loyal than player Y when in reality both left when they were needed the most.

The reasons I put Sagna above others in that perceived 'loyalty' are legion....in reality contract talks go on WAY before fans know so no doubt Sagna had decided to leave a while ago but the storyline is he won us a trophy before leaving, he could have decided to stay if we didn't win abi? Furthermore, he gave us his prime, the others left during or before. Also, sagna isn't captain, those two left when they were the key men who'd been handed captaincy as a placation or in naija terms 'bribe' to stay. Sagna is a RB on the wrong side of the age divide, Arsenal will fill that RB spot more easily than folks think while the spots left by cesc and rvp are spots fans still argue about till today. You could pick out multiple more why Sagna's exit isn't as hurtful.

I don't believe in blaming players for leaving at all....it is a job and too often fans lose sight of that. In today's world, if because a guy kisses the badge, you think say na wedding ring e give you, then na your own palava be dat :lol:
I agree with you in principle. Everybody, including Wenger, na mercenary, shikena! Na only fans/fanatics be do or die Mr. Team.
However, looking at this like a business, our biggest losses are Flamini and Sagna, for whom we did not/are not getting any compensation. Even 'troublesome' players like Song, Adebayor and Nasri brought Arsenal some compensation.

Anyway, wetin I dey tok sef? To force Wenger to spend that compensation on replacements, na fight!

Personally, I wish Wenger would bring back Cesc. There would be no acclimatizing nor adjustment. Plus we are always competing on four fronts...we just need to manage our midfield wealth.

GK
Back Four
Ramsey (Cesc) - Arteta (new DM)
(Walcott)Carzola-Ozil(Wilshere)-Cesc
Giroud (new striker, sanogo, Poldi, Walcott)

I think this midfield will be fearsome, and can potentially match Man City in firepower, and overwhelm many opponents.
Also keep in mind that this is Arsenal, meaning someone is bound to be injured during critical stretches.

Also, if reports are to be believed, the Napoli player Arsenal wants, as well as the German kid, are attacking midfielders. Meaning that we are not exactly as saturated as some claim.

Apart from my bias towards Cesc, it would be great if Wenger just went for the players he REALISTICALLY can get, then focus on going to war with the army he has. Instead, this will drag on till the last day, we will fail to secure our "primary" targets, sign a few Sanogos, and declare that Diaby and Rosicky are like new players.
Last edited by Chief Ogbunigwe on Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

PapaK wrote:
anikulapo wrote: Cheiiiii see life ohhhh :rotf: :rotf: never in Francesc's...life would he believe that Arsenal fans would tell him to piss off rather than be welcomed back home like a long.lost brother :laugh: LIFE SHA :laugh:
i'm sure he is not disappointed. He abandoned us when we needed him most. I dont know why he now thinks we are good enough for him. i dont know if you remember that his picture used to be in my avatar. For even contemplating going to play for the enemy of football, he is now in the same category as Judas in my book.
What a load of tosh!!! So then what about 'Legends' Viera and Henry also former captains who left to go win things? Are they 'Judas' too? How many 'Judas' can one club have? Maybe just maybe the problem is actually with the penny pinching idiots running the club, hmm?
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

All these annoying talk of loyalty, judas, home sickness and all is just rubbish. The main culprit here is Arsenal Football club. End of Story!

From Viera to Henry to Adebayor to Nasri to Cesc to RVP, even Hleb (a player that would've been totally unheralded if not for Arsenal, went to Barca to 'Win things"). All these players left because of one thing and one thing alone - the refusal of Arsenal football club to spend money to improve the team.

That is why I don't blame any of the players one bit (except for Nasri and Adebayor's general attitudes, they didn't handle themselves professionally at all). It is only a matter of time before one or two of the current players start hankering for more money or to win the Champions league.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Sorry but I can't blame Cesc for leaving ... haba we were not serious or showing any ambition and he was being courted by his hometown club which was at the time the best team in the world :shock: :shock: And oh yeah there was the chance to play with that guy named Messi :idea:

All the while we were penny pinching on the likes of Benayoun :curse: Djorou, Santos and Yao Kouasi :rotf:

And even while there he was still saying great things about us to his Barca homies much to their chagrin. Now, however, he will undo all the goodwill if he goes to Chelshyt :curse: As much as we loved him he will be one just as bad as Nasri and Judas.

If he really wants to come back to Arsenal, all he has to do is speak out to the press and say: I am contracted to Barca and I will stay here to see out my contract. The only other team I will accept a sale to is Arsenal :idea:

After that tori don end be that. There is no way Wenger can say no to that
We were not showing ambition yet you call RVP Judas for saying pretty much the same thing you just said. And mek we leave the 'cry me a river' sob tales about missing home. If you want to point to people who really had issues with missing home, point to guys like Jesus Navas.

Cesc was tired of carrying the team and wanted to join a winner as a hero (the winner happened to be his home side), he did. Summarily, they rejected him. Same story with Van Persie except his is a bit more comical seeing how hard United fell.

I will accept any player who comes to Arsenal and helps the club including Cesc but make we save the sob tales.
:clap: :clap: :clap: Cesc thought he would be welcome home as a hero back in Barcelona. Boy, was he wrong. The scorn Barcelona fans have for Cesc is surreal. Home sick my arse and I like Cesc very well too. As for RVP, that one makes me sick. I loved that guy to pieces.
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The Notorious B!GGESTMAN »

For Cesc to have been treated so badly by his "family" must have damaged him psychologically. It doesn't matter how much he will leave for, essentially he will leave with egg on his face, humiliation and disgrace. I feel sorry for him- football can be cruel sha.
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
zoldsasok
Egg
Egg

Post by zoldsasok »

FRANK WHITE wrote:For Cesc to have been treated so badly by his "family" must have damaged him psychologically. It doesn't matter how much he will leave for, essentially he will leave with egg on his face, humiliation and disgrace. I feel sorry for him- football can be cruel sha.
and now his adopted family and stepfather say they no want am either. Chei Diaris God ooohh
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

zoldsasok wrote:
FRANK WHITE wrote:For Cesc to have been treated so badly by his "family" must have damaged him psychologically. It doesn't matter how much he will leave for, essentially he will leave with egg on his face, humiliation and disgrace. I feel sorry for him- football can be cruel sha.
and now his adopted family and stepfather say they no want am either. Chei Diaris God ooohh
Fabregas should just come out and say i am staying till my contract run out or Arsenal is the only club i will listen to.Watch Wenger go for him and offer 18m and if Barca really want to offload him they will accept the offer.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

platinum wrote:
paj wrote:...mayn...i tried to read but y'all sound depressing...it's like a polygamous home where everybody dey fight..make I carry go bck to the BridgeNews jare.. :tic:

polygamous homes always get way of having that one pikin wey papa no wife im mama and the pikin dey always loiter around....the pikin na still one of the kids at the end of the day...that pikin na you in this instance. Always around.
...I only see this una 'polygamous compound' as one big shalanga.. :lol: so I come, take a dump and roll out.....smell U later alligaters.. :thumb:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... er-3676476

If Chelsea is paying 27m we can get him for 25m?
What says you gunners?
PapaK
Egg
Egg

Post by PapaK »

kajifu wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... er-3676476

What says you gunners?
we dont want him. even for free
Never enter into a quarrel with an id!ot, lest he drag you down to his level and then beat you up with experience.
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

PapaK wrote:
kajifu wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... er-3676476

What says you gunners?
we dont want him. even for free
But we need him and some more.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

who are these lost jokers, haba worldcup starts today and you people are bumping assanal thread.. the lack of disrespect ..smh
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Hmmm but claiming the head trainer of Germany is awesome.... :thumb:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 32100.html
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:taunt: :taunt:
:taunt:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

anikulapo wrote:
platinum wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
PapaK wrote:
platinum wrote:http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/real-sociedad- ... se-1452147

Apparently Vela is coming back to Arsenal, Real Soceidad's president says the club will activate the buyback clause (frankly it'd be nuts not to, that's like throwing away money and we know how arsenal feels about that :) )

Ozil and this guy with Ramsey and Wilshere... nice.

*back to regular world cup programming now
smart move.
Buying the disloyal/unrequired Cesc for £30m will be a dumb move.
Cheiiiii see life ohhhh :rotf: :rotf: never in Francesc's...life would he believe that Arsenal fans would tell him to piss off rather than be welcomed back home like a long.lost brother :laugh: LIFE SHA :laugh:
For me, he's no different from RVP. I feel more for Bakary Sagna than either one of the former two, I don't have hard feelings against them and they had to do what they had to do but Sagna actually stayed till the club won something and he didn't cloak his leaving under any guises other than better pay.
haba, cut Cesc some slack now. If Naija league improves and Mikel decides to go play for Mighty Jets or Rangers, nothing spoil if he wants back to Chelsea. Cesc actually went home. Unlike Nasri or RvP. And that we won the FA cup had nothing to do with Sagna's decision. Win or lose he was gonna leave anyway. Oh, and was he at the club longer than either RvP or Cesc?

Home sickness indeed, leave bone chop meat, we've heard it all before. He never heard that a prophet wasn't welcome at home huh?

Chief O, again, no hard feelings from me...professionally different people have different reasons for doing what they do, RVP said he wanted to win. Both got what they wanted and the end result was same for Arsenal, the club was left without two key players. We can get cuddly wuddly about one and not the other but the hard facts are those two italicized points.

Sagna made his decision and it was clear that it was a monetary move, not any halfbaked story about leaving to win or for home sickness. I respect a man who says I'm about my money, I cannot knock a man who goes for one last payday PLUS Sagna actually gave his prime to Arsenal.

I'll take RVP, Cesc, even Nasri or Adebayor as long as they'll improve the squad. I'll take them all day, it's a business after all but while we're at it, lets not make Cesc out to be the favorite "sshn of the shoil", he deserted the club when it needed him, anything else na tales by moonlight.

:boo: :boo: :roll:

You see why I said he's no different?
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Ligamentum
Egg
Egg

Post by Ligamentum »

Chei! I think say na joke. Never did I think I would ever hate Cesc. I have lost faith in football. These players are just not into it as we are. I am a man of my word. I will leave cybereagles at the end of the day. Goodbye.

:atc: :atc: :cry: :cry: :-x :curse:
@#$% bitchress Vogts
this guy has destroyed nigerian football!
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Ligamentum wrote:Chei! I think say na joke. Never did I think I would ever hate Cesc. I have lost faith in football. These players are just not into it as we are. I am a man of my word. I will leave cybereagles at the end of the day. Goodbye.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Look @ this guy?
What are you waiting for? Your P45? GTFOH :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Globero
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Globero »

"I do feel that I have unfinished business in the Premier League and now is the right time for me to return," he said on his Facebook page. "Yes, everyone knows that Arsenal had the first option to sign me. They decided not to take this option and therefore it wasn't meant to be. I wish them well in the future."

Cesc Fabregas from his Facebook page
From this day forth, I stand by the entity that is ARSENAL.
I'm in despair when we lose, I rejoice when we win and I become emotional for all that happens in between
but may no one dare say I was not there when its all said and done - Globero
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Ligamentum wrote:Chei! I think say na joke. Never did I think I would ever hate Cesc. I have lost faith in football. These players are just not into it as we are. I am a man of my word. I will leave cybereagles at the end of the day. Goodbye.

Did you lose a wager?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

paj wrote:Image
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:taunt: :taunt:
:taunt:

As usual you love sloppy seconds :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Globero wrote:"I do feel that I have unfinished business in the Premier League and now is the right time for me to return," he said on his Facebook page. "Yes, everyone knows that Arsenal had the first option to sign me. They decided not to take this option and therefore it wasn't meant to be. I wish them well in the future."

Cesc Fabregas from his Facebook page
And there you have it...........so dark the con of the fan
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Er Platinum, I don give your hero Okpolo Eyes a one year pass ... so he better produce NOW :curse:

MLK.