Arsenal-Related News & Developments - 2014/2015 Season

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Arsenal-Related News & Developments - 2014/2015 Season

Post by platinum »

platinum wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Sorry but I can't blame Cesc for leaving ... haba we were not serious or showing any ambition and he was being courted by his hometown club which was at the time the best team in the world :shock: :shock: And oh yeah there was the chance to play with that guy named Messi :idea:

All the while we were penny pinching on the likes of Benayoun :curse: Djorou, Santos and Yao Kouasi :rotf:

And even while there he was still saying great things about us to his Barca homies much to their chagrin. Now, however, he will undo all the goodwill if he goes to Chelshyt :curse: As much as we loved him he will be one just as bad as Nasri and Judas.

If he really wants to come back to Arsenal, all he has to do is speak out to the press and say: I am contracted to Barca and I will stay here to see out my contract. The only other team I will accept a sale to is Arsenal :idea:

After that tori don end be that. There is no way Wenger can say no to that
We were not showing ambition yet you call RVP Judas for saying pretty much the same thing you just said. And mek we leave the 'cry me a river' sob tales about missing home. If you want to point to people who really had issues with missing home, point to guys like Jesus Navas.

Cesc was tired of carrying the team and wanted to join a winner as a hero (the winner happened to be his home side), he did. Summarily, they rejected him. Same story with Van Persie except his is a bit more comical seeing how hard United fell.

I will accept any player who comes to Arsenal and helps the club including Cesc but make we save the sob tales.

This platinum sef...wetin be sob tales? I still don't get how Cesc and RvP went about it the wrong way, but Sagna is doing it correctly? Like you, I will take any of them, including Nasri back (if they can help win).

As a matter of fact, if you want to blame them, include Sagna, who is leaving for FREE, by the way.
I believe Cesc can help us, but if Wenger thinks Ozil, Carzola + our fragile British stars can carry the midfield, that's his call. I just disagree with your granting pardon to Sagna, who will be a major loss with no compensation. Especially disagree with your insinuation that he is leaving after helping us win the FA cup... he was with us for 7 seasons, while both RvP and Cesc spent 8 seasons each at Arsenal, during which none can be blamed for not playing hard.
Chief, remember my primary premise: It's a business, I do not for a second blame any of these guys for leaving.

I am not insinuating cesc & rvp went about it the wrong way. I have said clearly each man had a right to leave of his own accord, no be slave trade. My reaction is for those who think player X is more loyal than player Y when in reality both left when they were needed the most.

The reasons I put Sagna above others in that perceived 'loyalty' are legion....in reality contract talks go on WAY before fans know so no doubt Sagna had decided to leave a while ago but the storyline is he won us a trophy before leaving, he could have decided to stay if we didn't win abi? Furthermore, he gave us his prime, the others left during or before. Also, sagna isn't captain, those two left when they were the key men who'd been handed captaincy as a placation or in naija terms 'bribe' to stay. Sagna is a RB on the wrong side of the age divide, Arsenal will fill that RB spot more easily than folks think while the spots left by cesc and rvp are spots fans still argue about till today. You could pick out multiple more why Sagna's exit isn't as hurtful.

I don't believe in blaming players for leaving at all....it is a job and too often fans lose sight of that. In today's world, if because a guy kisses the badge, you think say na wedding ring e give you, then na your own palava be dat :lol:

Strictly business folks, don't ever forget that.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Ligamentum
Egg
Egg

Post by Ligamentum »

Gooner1 wrote:
Ligamentum wrote:Chei! I think say na joke. Never did I think I would ever hate Cesc. I have lost faith in football. These players are just not into it as we are. I am a man of my word. I will leave cybereagles at the end of the day. Goodbye.

:atc: :atc: :cry: :cry: :-x :curse:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Look @ this guy?
What are you waiting for? Your P45? GTFOH :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
No, I expected a dumbass like you to comment. You did not expect me to let you have the last word did you? You, like these footballers, is a hoe (ebonics). Like I said, if you can't be faithful to Arsenal, then follow Cesc to Chelshit. Anu mpam.
@#$% bitchress Vogts
this guy has destroyed nigerian football!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

anikulapo wrote:Er Platinum, I don give your hero Okpolo Eyes a one year pass ... so he better produce NOW :curse:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

My brother, join me in hoping and supporting. Believe me, if Ozil produces what he can, he's better than Fabregas.

But I dey really curious, how much do you hate Cesc right now?
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Ligamentum wrote:Chei! I think say na joke. Never did I think I would ever hate Cesc. I have lost faith in football. These players are just not into it as we are. I am a man of my word. I will leave cybereagles at the end of the day. Goodbye.

Dude seriously? Aren't u taking this a Lil too seriously?

Well if Wenger hasn't learnt his lesson from Judas & Nasri this must be the final slap in his face that his stupid belief in loyalty is outdated.

Next out might be Ramsey and Walcott if they don't start making moves and flounder this upcoming season
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

balo wrote:

Did you lose a wager?
Hell Yeah, the goat boasted that Cesc would never play for Chelsea, hoping that his God Wenger would buy him back
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Er Platinum, I don give your hero Okpolo Eyes a one year pass ... so he better produce NOW :curse:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

My brother, join me in hoping and supporting. Believe me, if Ozil produces what he can, he's better than Fabregas.

But I dey really curious, how much do you hate Cesc right now?
Actually I dont. Hope he bombs at Chelshyt though :idea:

And if he is the same player I saw last season at Barca then the blue clowns will be left with eggs on their face.

I don't understand letting Mata go and buying Cesc :biggrin:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The Notorious B!GGESTMAN »

You are leaving a Nigerian website because of a club? Are you Nigerian?

For me, I will be leaving for a year if Nigeria doesn't make it to the QF.
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Ligamentum
Egg
Egg

Post by Ligamentum »

anikulapo wrote:

Well if Wenger hasn't learnt his lesson from Judas & Nasri this must be the final slap in his face that his stupid belief in loyalty is outdated.

Next out might be Ramsey and Walcott if they don't start making moves and flounder this upcoming season
Maybe that IS the problem. I am too devoted to my team, only to find out that the players we sing their names don't give a $#%. It is time to focus on my career and the sweet fruit of hardwork that sane counties in Ala beke can offer. Thank you.
@#$% bitchress Vogts
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Arsenal has moved on and so has Fabregas, whom I regarded with
a measure of fondness even after he left us. No more.........

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Ligamentum
Egg
Egg

Post by Ligamentum »

FRANK WHITE wrote:

I was only here for Arsenal to start with.
The eagles have disappointed me enough.
Rant and rave used to be fun, but now the ethnic and political tensions are to much.
This Cesc thing was the last straw, but I had been thinking of it.
@#$% bitchress Vogts
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Thunder wrote:This is vomit inducing. :curse:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27819204
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Chelsea just took on step ahead of Arsenal with this signing!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Funny thing is that I was more upset when he went to Barcelona than Chelshyt :idea:

But on the real, what a generation of Judas' and Les Pussies, Wenger groomed, HABA :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Odebayor
I Go Chop Your Dollar Nasri
Judas VP
Alex Song

and now to top it all, Fabregas :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Wenger, Oya I hope ya Eye don open ..... SMH...

And all you Chelshyt freaks, stop blowing up my phone!!! Losers :curse:

MLK.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Ligamentum wrote:
FRANK WHITE wrote:

I was only here for Arsenal to start with.
The eagles have disappointed me enough.
Rant and rave used to be fun, but now the ethnic and political tensions are to much.
This Cesc thing was the last straw, but I had been thinking of it.
I think you have noble idea about clubs and players, but a misinformed one. You omit the part where Arsenal waved him aside saying sorry we pass. Things like this and of course money can influence players to make this kind of decision. What do you think Cesc should have done, take a sentimental decision while the clubs on the other hand are taking economic decisions. I think the fans are the ones refusing to see the bigger picture and they end up feeling like you do now. Dont take sentimental decision like you are about to take now football will go ahead, we will miss you but life will go ahead as well.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

oloye wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Chelsea just took on step ahead of Arsenal with this signing!

Really? You obviously didn't see him play last season :shock: :shock: :shock:

If you got rid of Mata for not fitting into your plans then whither Cesc? He is not more of a defensive asset than Mata :shock: Nor is he faster nor more of a goalscoring threat

MLK.
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

anikulapo wrote:

Aniks, I believe the reason Wenger didn't take him back was his snub of the Arsenal last season, which led to the signing of Ozil. Sad, but life goes on. Wish him well, except against my beloved Gunners.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

anikulapo wrote:
paj wrote:Image
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:taunt: :taunt:
:taunt:

As usual you love sloppy seconds :mrgreen:
...like Benayoun @ EmRats eh? :bump:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

oloye wrote:

Oloye, my in-law, why you dey find my trouble? :roll:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

anikulapo wrote:
oloye wrote:

If you got rid of Mata for not fitting into your plans then whither Cesc? He is not more of a defensive asset than Mata :shock: Nor is he faster nor more of a goalscoring threat
The whole of Barcelona suck last season, they all were on cruise mode throughout. Even Messi did not live up to his standards. Cesc will give more than Mata has given, he fits into Mourinho's style, the likes of Oscar can go back to being the bit part player they are and watch real men play.

Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

ARSENAL SIGN NEW FITNESS COACH......

Jun 12, 2014 3:45:00 PM

Shad Forsythe, who works for the Germany national team, will join the Gunners after the World Cup following Arsene Wenger's review of the team's training methods
EXCLUSIVE
By Wayne Veysey | Chief Correspondent

Arsenal have taken a major step to reduce their injury problems by appointing a new fitness guru, Goal can reveal.

Shad Forsythe, who is head fitness coach for the Germany national team, has reached an agreement to join Arsene Wenger's backroom team after the World Cup.

The 40-year-old American will work alongside Tony Colbert, Arsenal's first-team fitness coach for the last 16 years, as Wenger addresses the injury issues which have consistently held back his team at critical times of the season in recent years.

Wenger vowed to review the Gunners' training and medical procedures following serious injuries suffered by key players in the second half of the recent domestic campaign, including Aaron Ramsey, Mesut Ozil, Theo Walcott and Jack Wilshere.

According to a study by physioroom.com, Arsenal players were unavailable for more days last season due to injury than at any other Premier League club.

Gunners chiefs hope Forsythe's appointment will modernise their injury prevention methods at their London Colney headquarters.

Forsythe was recruited by Germany in 2004 by former manager Jurgen Klinsmann and has spent the last 10 years overseeing the national team's fitness preparation. He will link up permanently with the Gunners after the World Cup in Brazil.

His appointment is especially noteworthy as Wenger, who recently signed a new three-year contract, very rarely makes changes to his backroom staff.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Thunder wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Aniks, I believe the reason Wenger didn't take him back was his snub of the Arsenal last season, which led to the signing of Ozil. Sad, but life goes on. Wish him well, except against my beloved Gunners.
Not sure if that really was the cause because when asked, Wenger did state that he was sure that Cesc would stay at Barca for one more year last summer :idea:

Bottomline is this: Arsenal need a fast moving goal poacher. In Wilshere, Rosicky, Okpolo Eyes, Cazorla and Ramshyt we have enough central attacking Mids. It is what it is. Screw Francesc, he is dead to me anyway and I hope it does end in tears.

In fact like I said before, I am more apathetic than anything. His departure to Barca and Judas to United bothered me more.

MLK.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Gooner1 wrote:
balo wrote:

Did you lose a wager?
Hell Yeah, the goat boasted that Cesc would never play for Chelsea, hoping that his God Wenger would buy him back

He said he'd pack up and leave the forum right? Ligamentum, oya carry your load and eject yourself to R&R
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

oloye wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
oloye wrote:

The whole of Barcelona suck last season, they all were on cruise mode throughout. Even Messi did not live up to his standards. Cesc will give more than Mata has given, he fits into Mourinho's style, the likes of Oscar can go back to being the bit part player they are and watch real men play.
Eh? Cesc fits the mold of a Mourinho #10 more than Mata? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Ok :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MLK.