Arsenal-Related News & Developments - 2014/2015 Season

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ebyboy
Egg
Egg
Re: Arsenal-Related News & Developments - 2014/2015 Season

Post by Ebyboy »

oloye wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
oloye wrote:
Thunder wrote:This is vomit inducing. :curse:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27819204
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Chelsea just took on step ahead of Arsenal with this signing!

Really? You obviously didn't see him play last season :shock: :shock: :shock:

If you got rid of Mata for not fitting into your plans then whither Cesc? He is not more of a defensive asset than Mata :shock: Nor is he faster nor more of a goalscoring threat
The whole of Barcelona suck last season, they all were on cruise mode throughout. Even Messi did not live up to his standards. Cesc will give more than Mata has given, he fits into Mourinho's style, the likes of Oscar can go back to being the bit part player they are and watch real men play.
We shall see.......

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

platinum wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
balo wrote:
Ligamentum wrote:Chei! I think say na joke. Never did I think I would ever hate Cesc. I have lost faith in football. These players are just not into it as we are. I am a man of my word. I will leave cybereagles at the end of the day. Goodbye.

:atc: :atc: :cry: :cry: :-x :curse:

Did you lose a wager?
Hell Yeah, the goat boasted that Cesc would never play for Chelsea, hoping that his God Wenger would buy him back

He said he'd pack up and leave the forum right? Ligamentum, oya carry your load and eject yourself to R&R
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I knew he was a naive Goat.....
Oh before you go into your self imposed exile, can I ask you how much Arsenal will get out of this transfer?
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Ligamentum
Egg
Egg

Post by Ligamentum »

Gooner1 wrote:
platinum wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
balo wrote:
Ligamentum wrote:Chei! I think say na joke. Never did I think I would ever hate Cesc. I have lost faith in football. These players are just not into it as we are. I am a man of my word. I will leave cybereagles at the end of the day. Goodbye.

Did you lose a wager?
Hell Yeah, the goat boasted that Cesc would never play for Chelsea, hoping that his God Wenger would buy him back

He said he'd pack up and leave the forum right? Ligamentum, oya carry your load and eject yourself to R&R
Oh before you go into your self imposed exile, can I ask you how much Arsenal will get out of this transfer?
Correction Platinum and the other angel* mofo. I am leaving cybereagles period.
@#$% bitchress Vogts
this guy has destroyed nigerian football!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Ligamentum wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
platinum wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
balo wrote:

Did you lose a wager?

I doubt you will.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

anikulapo wrote:
Thunder wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Dude seriously? Aren't u taking this a Lil too seriously?

Well if Wenger hasn't learnt his lesson from Judas & Nasri this must be the final slap in his face that his stupid belief in loyalty is outdated.

Next out might be Ramsey and Walcott if they don't start making moves and flounder this upcoming season
Aniks, I believe the reason Wenger didn't take him back was his snub of the Arsenal last season, which led to the signing of Ozil. Sad, but life goes on. Wish him well, except against my beloved Gunners.
Not sure if that really was the cause because when asked, Wenger did state that he was sure that Cesc would stay at Barca for one more year last summer :idea:

Bottomline is this: Arsenal need a fast moving goal poacher. In Wilshere, Rosicky, Okpolo Eyes, Cazorla and Ramshyt we have enough central attacking Mids. It is what it is. Screw Francesc, he is dead to me anyway and I hope it does end in tears.

In fact like I said before, I am more apathetic than anything. His departure to Barca and Judas to United bothered me more.
That there, is the bone of contention. That, came out after Arsene failed to convince him to come to Arsenal. He asked for one more year, but Arsenal had to move on. Thus, the signing of Ozil.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Strictly business I don't blame Arsenal and I don't blame Cesc, at the end of the day you have to look after yourself.

It is a sign of that focus on our priorities that on the day Cesc signed for Chelsea we announce a new fitness coach. I hope he can can bring the sort of expertise we need to reduce injuries to our players, that may be more important than any single player signed this summer because the bulk of the team Wenger will expect to challenge and hopefully win the title is already there.
To God be the glory
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Skylolo wrote:Strictly business I don't blame Arsenal and I don't blame Cesc, at the end of the day you have to look after yourself.

It is a sign of that focus on our priorities that on the day Cesc signed for Chelsea we announce a new fitness coach. I hope he can can bring the sort of expertise we need to reduce injuries to our players, that may be more important than any single player signed this summer because the bulk of the team Wenger will expect to challenge and hopefully win the title is already there.
That's all well and good but like City Last season, Chelshyt is moving early in the window and securing their squad while Les Frenchie says it's hard to sign players before the world cup .... smh .... this is why the man gets questioned all the time and gets slated.

He better not do the usual dithering or we might see more departures and fan unrest
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Ligamentum wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
platinum wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
balo wrote:

Did you lose a wager?

Still here? :ohmy: :ohmy:
Don't let the door slam your hoof on the way out....naive Goat :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

anikulapo wrote:
Skylolo wrote:Strictly business I don't blame Arsenal and I don't blame Cesc, at the end of the day you have to look after yourself.

That's all well and good but like City Last season, Chelshyt is moving early in the window and securing their squad while Les Frenchie says it's hard to sign players before the world cup .... smh .... this is why the man gets questioned all the time and gets slated.

He better not do the usual dithering or we might see more departures and fan unrest

Arsene go survive well for Naija, nobody sabi 'price' goods pass am.
It'll be interesting, I go enjoy WC first.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Chelsea sign Cesc, Arsenal sign German fitness coach..........Wenger ambition as usual

PapaK
Egg
Egg

Post by PapaK »

anikulapo wrote:Hmmm but claiming the head trainer of Germany is awesome.... :thumb:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 32100.html
i posted the news of the german trainer since last week
Never enter into a quarrel with an id!ot, lest he drag you down to his level and then beat you up with experience.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Gooner1 wrote:Chelsea sign Cesc, Arsenal sign German fitness coach..........Wenger ambition as usual
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Unf*ckenbelievable :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:

This whole time I thought the Fabregas to Chelsea reports were complete BS. First of all, Barca is idiotic to have given up on him especially considering they sold Thiago and Xavi's role with the club is diminishing. Where are they going to find a CM that can provide the quality Xavi and Fabregas provided?

Secondly, and most importantly, this once again shows that Arsenal, has no loyalty whatsoever to any player out there. Some naive folk on this site chastise players for being disloyal but it is Arsenal that has consistently opted to cash in on players at every opportunity possible. Here they had a shot of adding a world-class player that is proven and would easily fit into our system, yet they decided to turn him down. Not only that but they could have blocked his move to a DIRECT rival yet they just let him join them without ANY resistance.

Arsenal obviously is not a club with limitless resources but at the end of the day, the main questions are:
-did we have 30m to spend?
-if so, would we have been better off with Fabregas back on the team?

The answer to both questions is a resounding yes. With our rumored 70-100m war chest, we could have addressed our imminent needs (a CF, CDM, RB) while adding a world-class player in Fabregas.

What a joke :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

anikulapo wrote:

I agree on us not moving quickly for our targets, when you see Costa and Fabregas joining Chelsea one can't help but feel a bit anxious...but we have to believe Wenger knows what he is doing.

I have a sneaky feeling Arsenal are looking to pounce for Angel Di Maria tbh, despite his usual contribution something just does not sit right with him and the Madrid hierarchy, those bad boys in Madrid may also be looking to fund a big money move for Suarez.....we will see.

Maybe because the Cesc move has dragged on for a few weeks I am cool, the move that has drawn my angst this week is the reported Manure £20M move for Alexis Sanchez, unless we are bringing Reus or Di Maria in I am struggling to understand why we are not all over that player. We need a player like him......
To God be the glory
Ligamentum
Egg
Egg

Post by Ligamentum »

platinum wrote:
Ligamentum wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
platinum wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
balo wrote:

Did you lose a wager?

I doubt you will.
We shall see.
@#$% bitchress Vogts
Ligamentum
Egg
Egg

Post by Ligamentum »

Gooner1 wrote:
Ligamentum wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
platinum wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
balo wrote:

Did you lose a wager?

Still here? :ohmy: :ohmy:
Don't let the door slam your hoof on the way out....naive Goat :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It seems you cannot read also.
@#$% bitchress Vogts
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I can't believe Wenger allowed this to happen.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

I still can't believe that we turned down the chance to sign Cesc and handed him to Chelsea. This smells like when we handed RVP and the EPL title to Man Utd. You can never have too many world class players especially when injuries exposed our lack of quality depth last season
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

A very shrewd signing by Chelsea, will sit perfectly next to Matic. Speaks for itself. As for his "diabolical" season, statistically, how did measure up to Cazorla, Ozil, Oscar, Silva et al. Let the numbers hold hegemony.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Heliopolis wrote:Unf*ckenbelievable :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:

This whole time I thought the Fabregas to Chelsea reports were complete BS. First of all, Barca is idiotic to have given up on him especially considering they sold Thiago and Xavi's role with the club is diminishing. Where are they going to find a CM that can provide the quality Xavi and Fabregas provided?

Secondly, and most importantly, this once again shows that Arsenal, has no loyalty whatsoever to any player out there. Some naive folk on this site chastise players for being disloyal but it is Arsenal that has consistently opted to cash in on players at every opportunity possible. Here they had a shot of adding a world-class player that is proven and would easily fit into our system, yet they decided to turn him down. Not only that but they could have blocked his move to a DIRECT rival yet they just let him join them without ANY resistance.

Arsenal obviously is not a club with limitless resources but at the end of the day, the main questions are:
-did we have 30m to spend?
-if so, would we have been better off with Fabregas back on the team?

The answer to both questions is a resounding yes. With our rumored 70-100m war chest, we could have addressed our imminent needs (a CF, CDM, RB) while adding a world-class player in Fabregas.

Fair points but not entirely correct.

You first point, Barca already have Rakitic penciled in, there are various scenarios where Rakitic is a much better option than Cesc. Several.

Second point, loyalty is overrated, I've been saying for years....this is a business, folks need to recognize that. The loyalty issue goes both ways. Arsenal have stuck with guys like rvp and diaby when most clubs would have told them to take a walk.

Third, lets see were the club is going with this. Obvious need to improve since the competition has gotten better.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Heliopolis wrote:Unf*ckenbelievable :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:

With our rumored 70-100m war chest, we could have addressed our imminent needs (a CF, CDM, RB) while adding a world-class player in Fabregas.

It is not unreasonable to say we could have around £70m to spend.....

Please explain how after spending £30m on Fabregas a player we don't need, you will acquire a RB, CDM, CF, and Gk for £40m bearing in mind 3 of the players to be acquired have to be starting quality.
To God be the glory
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Ligamentum bro, please do not quit this forum o! We need you here abeg. Don't mind these haters goading you to leave.

I understand your frustration, but please learn to get used to the mercenary nature of today's sports world.
Just soak it in, and look forward. Don't quite this forum cause I enjoy reading your posts.

Forget that promise you made, people go back on their word everyday. You are a real man, and this doesn't change it.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Cally wrote:Ligamentum bro, please do not quit this forum o! We need you here abeg. Don't mind these haters goading you to leave.

I understand your frustration, but please learn to get used to the mercenary nature of today's sports world.
Just soak it in, and look forward. Don't quite this forum cause I enjoy reading your posts.

Forget that promise you made, people go back on their word everyday. You are a real man, and this doesn't change it.
Word!

Don't go bro....at the end of the day Cesc no send, why should you?
To God be the glory