CAF SLAMS PLATINI FOR INTERFERING ON ANC IN MOROCCO

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bouncino
Egg
Egg
CAF SLAMS PLATINI FOR INTERFERING ON ANC IN MOROCCO

Post by bouncino »

http://www.espnfc.com/#african-nations- ... e-over-anc

Like the reference to the crises in Ukrain

The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has slammed UEFA president Michel Platini for "interference" in the scheduling of the African Nations Cup held in Morocco in January 2015.

Platini questioned whether the tournament should be postponed due to the Ebola outbreak in west Africa, with Morocco already having requested it to be moved. However, CAF have reacted angrily to the suggestions and insisted that UEFA should respect its ''sovereignty.''

A statement on the CAF website read: "In a televised broadcast on the evening of Sunday, 19 October 2014, the President of the Union of European Football Association (UEFA), Michel Platini, found it necessary to question maintaining the scheduled date of the Orange Africa Cup of Nations Morocco 2015.

"The issue has been debated and has been in the public domain the last few days following a request for postponement by the Kingdom of Morocco due to the Ebola outbreak.

"On this issue, many speakers, including Mr Platini, have been making reference to the World Health Organization (WHO) to justify their support for a deferral of the championship.

"This is without any reference to a single recommendation of that organization that the postponement of any sporting event on the African continent or outside, in other countries where cases are reported, with which the CAF has been in constant contact since the beginning of the epidemic on the continent.

"Apart from the three countries heavily affected by the epidemic namely; Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia, where the WHO has clearly indicated to CAF on the need to avoid huge gatherings, that measure for now only applies to no other country on the continent.

"CAF under the leadership of its President, Issa Hayatou, has always promoted free expression within it. Far from it therefore, claim to deprive anyone latitude to express themselves.

"But we must beware of what appears in every way as interference by a president of a Confederation, in cases involving first and foremost Africa and CAF.

"Under the principle of non-interference required to comply, CAF has refrained so far to comment on some issues on the managing of European football or any other continent.

"Despite the risks involved in armed conflict in Ukraine, a country where a civilian plane was shot down killing nearly 300 people, UEFA did not consider it necessary to exclude Ukrainian clubs from its competitions as a security parameter by hosting games outside this nation, as treacherously raised once it is about Africa.
"CAF hereby reaffirm the importance it attaches to respect of its sovereignty and does not intend to let anyone interfere in the management of its affairs."
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg
Re: CAF SLAMS PLATINI FOR INTERFERING ON ANC IN MOROCCO

Post by Goldleaf »

In other words, Michel Platini, shut it! As long as Issa Hayatou is CAF's president, CAF will support Sepp Blatter and your views Mr Platini, constructive or not, are not invited nor welcome. Kapisch?
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

This must be a first from CAF. Good one.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Horrible from caf, what has the war in Ukraine got to do with ebola ...my goodness, caf should focus on solving the issues with Morocco instead of losing sleep about what plantini says.. ebola is real
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Horrible from caf, what has the war in Ukraine got to do with ebola ...my goodness, caf should focus on solving the issues with Morocco instead of losing sleep about what plantini says.. ebola is real
If you cant understand CAF's comments, then shut the eff up. It is no way an horrible comment. What business does Platini have with making comments on CAF?
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
aamimar
PROBATION

Post by aamimar »

At first, i thought the reason for asking to defer AFCON 2015 was to pressurise CAF for funding (nothing to do with Ebola). Now it seems UEFA used Morocco for the deferral to June because European clubs have always been reluctant to release African players during winter competitions...
BOOOOM ANTAR YAHIA! SUDAN WE LOVE YOU!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cristao II wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Horrible from caf, what has the war in Ukraine got to do with ebola ...my goodness, caf should focus on solving the issues with Morocco instead of losing sleep about what plantini says.. ebola is real
If you cant understand CAF's comments, then shut the eff up. It is no way an horrible comment. What business does Platini have with making comments on CAF?
huh!!! you dey try too hard, i am satisfied i don get under ya skin, sotey you dey drag from one thread to the other fighting your master bigpokey24 8-)
SuperEagles

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
huh!!! you dey try too hard, i am satisfied i don get under ya skin, sotey you dey drag from one thread to the other fighting your master bigpokey24 8-)
Dude, your level of self importance is something to behold. Have you thought of why more than half of members of this forum see you in the same light as Cristao? SMH.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

cito us wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Dude, your level of self importance is something to behold. Have you thought of why more than half of members of this forum see you in the same light as Cristao? SMH.
so you all are having conference calls and meetings about bigpokey24 8-) and you mean half of CE folks.. mehn bigpokey24 running things doing big things 8-) it's almost lunch time, my subjects wait for me i'll be back 8-)
SuperEagles

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
cito us wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
so you all are having conference calls and meetings about bigpokey24 8-) and you mean half of CE folks.. mehn bigpokey24 running things doing big things 8-) it's almost lunch time, my subjects wait for me i'll be back 8-)
Yup, most of us have found out about your level of discourse and it is fun. Carry go bro. At least we need comic relief once in a while. :thumbs:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

^ do you want attention? because this wan nah pure attention seeking..I posted my point towards the ill respond from CAF, my houseboy cristao attacked me on this thread unprovoked, ( i think because i no give am tip for washing my motto last week come fire am on top, so his reactions are understandable) and you, since i haven't entertained you in a while decided to ignore his attacks and try to get some bigpokey24's reaction kai :lol: :lol: too easy
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

anyways back to the thread.. for those backing CAF, 20 people are lost each day in Salone because of this evil Ebola

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-29724029
As the Ebola outbreak claims 20 lives a day in Sierra Leone, the BBC's Tulip Mazumdar reports from the capital Freetown on how volunteers are being trained to carry out safe burials.
The bodies of victims cannot be dealt with according to tradition, because they are extremely contagious, and have to be handled carefully.
The current outbreak of the virus has already killed more than 4,500 people - mostly in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone.
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Platini wants Caf apology
CAF should be ashamed of themselves
Uefa president Michel Platini is demanding an apology after the Confederation of African Football criticised him for comments on the staging of the Africa Cup of Nations.
Caf accused Platini of "treacherously" interfering after he discussed the impact of the Ebola crisis on the tournament in a TV broadcast.
But the Uefa president insists his comments have been misinterpreted.
Caf says an apology to Platini will not be forthcoming.
The Nations Cup is due to be held in Morocco from 17 January to 8 February, but the host nation have said they wish to postpone the tournament.
Around 4,500 people have died since the Ebola epidemic broke out in west Africa at the start of the year.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29694505
But Platini responded in a letter to the Caf president Issa Hayatou saying he was deeply upset by the accusations, and demanded a formal apology.
The letter also included a transcript of the interview.
"At no point did I interfere in any way in the affairs of the Caf, and at no point did I call for or support the postponement of the forthcoming Africa Cup of Nations," Platini wrote.
"It is for Mr Hayatou to decide on the question of postponement.
"Public health has to take priority, but it is up to them to decide what to do."
so CAF did the following and are busy attacking Platini, smh
Sierra Leone has suspended all football matches in the county
Caf has placed bans on Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone hosting any international football
Seychelles forfeited their Nations Cup qualifier rather than host Sierra Leone
SuperEagles

aamimar
PROBATION

Post by aamimar »

"It is for Mr Hayatou to decide on the question of postponement.
"Public health has to take priority, but it is up to them to decide what to do."

If this is not interference, i don't know what is :mad:
BOOOOM ANTAR YAHIA! SUDAN WE LOVE YOU!
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

platini can go to hell....who does he think he is FIFA president?..UEFA has no business with CAF
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

aamimar wrote:"It is for Mr Hayatou to decide on the question of postponement.

that is the koko of the matter. LEt CAF host the tournament in hayatou's parlor
SuperEagles

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

aamimar wrote:"It is for Mr Hayatou to decide on the question of postponement.

He doesn't get it.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Peace declared between Platini, Hayatou
BY BRIAN HOMEWOOD
BERNE Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:04pm BST

UEFA President Michel Platini attends the UEFA Executive committee meeting in Bordeaux, southwestern France, on September 26, 2008.
CREDIT: REUTERS/OLIVIER PON