NFF set to secure ‘technical kit sponsor,’ Amadu reveals

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Sunday, 14 December 2014 21:11
Written by EDITOR

1 Comment

NFF-LOGO-OKTHE Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) says it will soon get a ‘technical kit sponsor’ to kit the national teams, with their contract with current kit sponsors, Adidas, set to run out on December 31, SL10.ng reports.

Nigeria’s contract with Adidas will end this month, with the German sportswear giants unwilling to extend the relationship. The NFF is yet to secure another kit deal with another kit company, but its General Secretary, Musa Amadu, says they will get a ‘technical kit supplier’ for the national teams in the meantime.

“We are working on getting a new kit sponsor and we do not have a timeframe, but we are working on getting one. As much as possible, we will try to get a technical kit sponsor – a technical kit supplier – to kit our various national teams. It is a transition period and obviously we are in a transition period as far as so many matters are concerned with regards to Nigerian football and I’m sure we will get over it,” Amadu said.

The current relationship with Adidas started in 2004 when the German outfit took over from American sportswear giants, Nike. It is still unclear why Adidas decided against renewing their contract with the NFF, but it has been reported in some quarters that the Glass House ‘violated’ some terms of the contract.

The NFF, however, has yet to give an official reason why the kit deal will not be renewed.

http://nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NFF set to secure ‘technical kit sponsor,’ Amadu reveals

Post by The Notorious B!GGESTMAN »

These guys have taken our football to the sewer in the space of 2 years. Name me one national team that are unable to find kit sponsors???
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

What is 'technical kit'?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

anointed wrote:What is 'technical kit'?
You suppose know that when naija man nor get anything to say..he starts throwing technical jargons and jagbajantis around... :D
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

yet, this
“We are working on getting a new kit sponsor and we do not have a timeframe, but we are working on getting one. As much as possible, we will try to get a technical kit sponsor
This people need to just stop talking until they have something to say
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

oloye wrote:
You suppose know that when naija man nor get anything to say..he starts throwing technical jargons and jagbajantis around... :D
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Bros, na you we go dash the technical kit supply contract while Sir V and YemiBrazil will fight it out for the tactical kit.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

anointed wrote:
oloye wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Bros, na you we go dash the technical kit supply contract while Sir V and YemiBrazil will fight it out for the tactical kit.
:) :) We have used "technical kits" before, that was when Chukwu was coach, they are more like training kits. :lol: :lol:
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by KingLoku »

Heard Keshi was spotted wearing Nike stuffs inside of Addidas during a Worldcup match..sha na true ?.
No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17 KJV)
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

KingLoku wrote:Heard Keshi was spotted wearing Nike stuffs inside of Addidas during a Worldcup match..sha na true ?.
So he is responsible for Adidas refusing to extend the contract...... :taunt:
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Sir V wrote:
anointed wrote:
oloye wrote:
:) :) We have used "technical kits" before, that was when Chukwu was coach, they are more like training kits. :lol: :lol:
You mean the bibs?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by KingLoku »

nemi2002 wrote:
KingLoku wrote:Heard Keshi was spotted wearing Nike stuffs inside of Addidas during a Worldcup match..sha na true ?.
Read .. The answer dey there for ya ..
No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17 KJV)
Riversboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Riversboy »

We need to stop playing around, and go get some strategic kit sponsors too.

RB.
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote: is this what we celebrate these days, nutmeg?
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The Notorious B!GGESTMAN »

"Daaaaaaats foootbal."
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

I was wondering about it too. What does it mean?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

nemi2002 wrote:
In a way; Keshi is, based on his POOR job performance of late
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

Odas wrote:
nemi2002 wrote:
In a way; Keshi is, based on his POOR job performance of late
I also believe this has nothing to do with wearing a different brand but more to do with our results and the drama going on with the nff. Nevertheless Keshi should not take all the blame for this.
yes o
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Kit sponsorship: Adidas gives provisional extension to NFA

on December 16, 2014 / in Sports 7:44 pm / Comments

Abuja – Sports Kit manufacturers Adidas have provisionally extended their kit sponsorship deal with the Nigeria Football Association (NFA) pending contract renewal.

Amaju Pinnick, Chairman of NFA, told newsmen on Tuesday in Abuja that the football house planned to renew the contract, which would expire at the end of December.

According to Pinnick, the leadership crisis that engulfed the NFA is responsible for the delay in the renewal of the kit sponsorship contract.

“We requested for an extension which has been granted to us and we will see how we can tidy up and get Adidas back because we have a prime commodity in the Super Falcons playing in the World Cup next year.

“We have thirteen national teams not just the Super Falcons; the truth is, if we don’t sit down to do things properly, there is no way you are going to achieve any good result.

“If you jump into a problem, it lingers as a problem.

“So we are taking our time sitting down and looking at it to come out with something that you will see and say I am proud to be a Nigerian.“

Adidas, which have been kitting Nigerian national teams for about a decade now, entered into the about-to-expire deal with NFA in 2011.

The total value of the deal is worth about 10 million euro, a massive increase from the 200,000 euro deal of the contract which expired in 2010. (NAN)
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/kit- ... Y50kw.dpuf
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

We have 13 natIonal teams? I can only think of 8. U17, U20, U23 and Super Eagles. Women U17, U20, U23 and Super Falcons.
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

ogasir wrote:We have 13 natIonal teams? I can only think of 8. U17, U20, U23 and Super Eagles. Women U17, U20, U23 and Super Falcons.
There is no U-23 for the female team and you forgot the Beach Eagles.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

cito us wrote:
ogasir wrote:We have 13 natIonal teams? I can only think of 8. U17, U20, U23 and Super Eagles. Women U17, U20, U23 and Super Falcons.
Also the U13 and U15 male teams.
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
Gadfly
Egg
Egg

Post by Gadfly »

oyek wrote:
cito us wrote:
Also the U13 and U15 male teams.
Add Futsal Eagles, Deaf Eagles, Blind Eagles and Amputee Eagles.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

pajimoh wrote:
yet, this
“We are working on getting a new kit sponsor and we do not have a timeframe, but we are working on getting one. As much as possible, we will try to get a technical kit sponsor
This people need to just stop talking until they have something to say
...big jargons cause Nigerians to masturbate, the journos will run to presses, beer parlor go full with gist, 'kai, Zik don talk anoda wan o!' :lol: :lol: :lol:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Odas wrote:
I was wondering about it too. What does it mean?
...just like Somalian fighters call their gun trucks "technical" Nigerians call their sporting outfit technical :lol: :lol: